Is Jesus the Word of God?

Two things here in ur post. One 'that shapeless mass' a human (adam) who is in a deep sleep is totally unaware of the soul that was put within it (the human body being the garden area with a mouth that it is responsible to maintain).

Two when Paul said he died daily was he talking about his flesh? Paul is saying he died to those carnal precepts he'd been taught to follow by carnal minded teachers daily, no? When one is awakening they are dying to the precepts that are of the world which is a carnal grave for the beastly portions (son of perdition) within each and everyone that must be overcome by the anointing of Jehovah's Salvation with us aka Jesus Christ.

I personally do not have the same negative view of what you call the carnal mind. I see it as an indication of an indwelling perversion in the mind of the person who does.

How can a person even be at enmity with what they are as human beings unless there exists a spiritual perversion within their own mind, like a malicious brain eating thought virus that makes the world that you are living in and even your own inclinations as a human being seem evil?
Because we have a standard for what good is. That's how.

What you are endorsing is amorality which leads to anarchy and chaos not order and harmony.

You claim to have a standard for what good is. You claim to adhere to the moral teachings of the bible. Why then do you violate the first commandment of God religiously as some sort of sign of love and devotion? How can you have the audacity to claim to be adhering to any standard? You worship another man, and you judge the sexual lives of others as sinful? Hello?

What a joker.

Either you are making a deliberate demonstration of defiance and hatred for God or you are extremely confused.

Either way what you are involved in is wholly immoral and is what leads to chaos and anarchy, bringing entire nations under the condemnation of God. Undiluted. With an illusion of liberty and the mockery of justice for all.

You worship and eat the work of human hands for spiritual life, mislead others to do the same, desecrate the teachings of Jesus, and perjure yourself in the name of God on a daily basis.

And think you are on your way to paradise and that you have chosen "the better portion"... Damn.

There aren't enough eucharists in the world to make up for what you lack in brains.

You are at enmity with yourself and with reality. You openly profess to be seeking eternal life by doing exactly what scripture openly teaches results in death. That is not a spiritual struggle. That is a mental illness.

So you have become a devout catholic, after rejecting it as false, and plan to take it to the grave this time. Brilliant! Obstinate stupidity has to be of some value to God whatever you do or whatever you call him. Thats the ticket!

As anyone with eyes can plainly see, you have your reward already.
No. I claim that there is a standard of good and that the Bible contains moral teachings. I don't claim to be a saint. Far from it I am a sinner.

But putting that aside loving Jesus does not violate those standards. I have not judged anyone either. I leave that for you to do, humanist.

I didn't say that you claimed to be a saint. You claim to be saved.

You say that you seek eternal life with Jesus and God yet you do the exact opposite of what the Bible teaches leads to that life. You're a dead man walking dude. Snap out of it.

I'm doing you a favor by making you look at yourself. If you feel judged its because you don't like what you have been made to see. Thats not me judging you, that you being convicted by your own conscience.

Somewhere along the line between what you want to do and what you actually do you made a wrong turn in your mind and got stuck in nowhere land keeping your hopes and expectations for receiving a pat on the back from God for doing what is right unfulfilled. For some mysterious reason you were diverted into compulsively doing what is wrong.

If you really wanted to know what it is like to live forever, be true to yourself, change course, get out of your grave, do what is right and start living now.
Wrong again, humanist. You do not know catholic belief. We aren't Protestant.

We don't know anyone's fate except the saints we know about.

I didn't read the rest because you started from a position of error.

I have chosen the better portion and it will not be taken from me.

When you hear the music you make a dip
Into someone else's pocket then make a slip
Steal a car and go to las vegas oh, the gigolo pool
Hanging out by the state line, turning holy water into wine
Drinkin' it down
I'm on a bus on a psychedelic trip
Reading murder books tryin' to stay hip
I'm thinkin' of you, you're out there so
Say your prayers
Say your prayers
Say your prayers
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

The smartest minds usually don't believe in the god of the bible because it makes no sense.

Religion hasn't promoted successful behaviours, just look at Sharia, Crusades, Inquisition, Moromons abusing young girls, Koresh, Jim Jones, Joel Osteen, ... all the religious wars around the world today...

Please try again.Idiot.
Bless your heart, taz. I'm not the one who is trying to make himself feel superior to others. That would be you, bro.

I'm just the one proving that you aren't.
You calling me idiot is an attempt to make yourself superior to me. I am superior to you, there's a difference. :biggrin:
Are you self identifying with someone who denies the functional advantages of religious beliefs, taz? Because I did not call you an idiot.

I know you think you are superior to people who believe in a higher power than man even though your official position is that there very well may be a higher power than man. This is just one of your many things inconsistencies with your supposed agnosticism.

The reality is that your only purpose here is to prove to yourself your superiority over others. Something I believe I disprove on a daily basis.
Everyone thinks they themselves are superior, nothing wrong with that, it's human nature. Religious beliefs don't bring you any advantage except to shield you from reality, maybe.
Wrong on both counts. Not everyone sees themselves as superior. See dunning effect. And science tells us that certain behaviors taught by religion do provide a functional advantage.
Ok, let me correct myself then, everyone HERE thinks they're superior to everyone else. :biggrin:

So what does science actually say? I'd be interested in reading that, got a link?

So I'm the only one not allowed to give it my own meaning?
Is that what you are doing?
Of course, what's wrong with that?
I believe we both know better.
So some people are allowed to give the bible their own meaning, and some aren't? How does that work? Who decides?
What you are doing is a thinly veiled attempt at pleasing yourself at the expense of others. You know what you are doing is wrong and that is why you are attempting to rationalize it.
I'm asking questions of people's faith and the bible and you all get bent out of shape because you don't like the questions, they're too hard for you people, lol. Poor you. :biggrin:

Is that what you are doing?
So some people are allowed to give the bible their own meaning, and some aren't? How does that work? Who decides?
What you are doing is a thinly veiled attempt at pleasing yourself at the expense of others. You know what you are doing is wrong and that is why you are attempting to rationalize it.
I'm asking questions of people's faith and the bible and you all get bent out of shape because you don't like the questions, they're too hard for you people, lol. Poor you. :biggrin:
The answers r too hard for u to comprehend. Poor poor you :(

I personally do not have the same negative view of what you call the carnal mind. I see it as an indication of an indwelling perversion in the mind of the person who does.

How can a person even be at enmity with what they are as human beings unless there exists a spiritual perversion within their own mind, like a malicious brain eating thought virus that makes the world that you are living in and even your own inclinations as a human being seem evil?

What you are endorsing is amorality which leads to anarchy and chaos not order and harmony.

You claim to have a standard for what good is. You claim to adhere to the moral teachings of the bible. Why then do you violate the first commandment of God religiously as some sort of sign of love and devotion? How can you have the audacity to claim to be adhering to any standard? You worship another man, and you judge the sexual lives of others as sinful? Hello?

What a joker.

Either you are making a deliberate demonstration of defiance and hatred for God or you are extremely confused.

Either way what you are involved in is wholly immoral and is what leads to chaos and anarchy, bringing entire nations under the condemnation of God. Undiluted. With an illusion of liberty and the mockery of justice for all.

You worship and eat the work of human hands for spiritual life, mislead others to do the same, desecrate the teachings of Jesus, and perjure yourself in the name of God on a daily basis.

And think you are on your way to paradise and that you have chosen "the better portion"... Damn.

There aren't enough eucharists in the world to make up for what you lack in brains.

You are at enmity with yourself and with reality. You openly profess to be seeking eternal life by doing exactly what scripture openly teaches results in death. That is not a spiritual struggle. That is a mental illness.

So you have become a devout catholic, after rejecting it as false, and plan to take it to the grave this time. Brilliant! Obstinate stupidity has to be of some value to God whatever you do or whatever you call him. Thats the ticket!

No. I claim that there is a standard of good and that the Bible contains moral teachings. I don't claim to be a saint. Far from it I am a sinner.

But putting that aside loving Jesus does not violate those standards. I have not judged anyone either. I leave that for you to do, humanist.

You say that you seek eternal life with Jesus and God yet you do the exact opposite of what the Bible teaches leads to that life. You're a dead man walking dude. Snap out of it.

I'm doing you a favor by making you look at yourself. If you feel judged its because you don't like what you have been made to see. Thats not me judging you, that you being convicted by your own conscience.

Somewhere along the line between what you want to do and what you actually do you made a wrong turn in your mind and got stuck in nowhere land keeping your hopes and expectations for receiving a pat on the back from God for doing what is right unfulfilled. For some mysterious reason you were diverted into compulsively doing what is wrong.

If you really wanted to know what it is like to live forever, be true to yourself, change course, get out of your grave, do what is right and start living now.

Humanist? Is that a bad thing? Were you trying to put me down by calling me a humanist? Really? lol.. You value blind acceptance of dogma over rational thinking? Is that what you think is the better portion?

Damn..

You catholics lie about the dumbest things. Of course you read the rest of the post. Now go to confession and then immediately get down on your knees and practice idolatry to show God just how sorry you are for your sins.

Last edited:

What a joker.

Humanist? Is that a bad thing? Were you trying to put me down by calling me a humanist? Really? lol.. You value blind acceptance of dogma over rational thinking? Is that what you think is the better portion?

Damn..

You catholics lie about the dumbest things. Of course you read the rest of the post. Now go to confession and then immediately get down on your knees and practice idolatry to show God just how sorry you are for your sins.

What a joker.

Damn..

God made humans. Use rational thinking

In the context of scripture words convey meanings that are not directly connected to the literal meanings of the words used concealing the subjects of the teaching from those who do not think very deeply as effectively if it was locked in a dark vault hidden in a secret chamber.

Are you still wondering if my dick works sweetcheeks? Is that what you really want to know?

So you're taking the bible and giving its stories another meaning than what was intended. Brah, you're a fraud, and you're completely lost, living in a made up world where words have made up meanings. :cuckoo:

The people who wrote the bible were ignorant bubkins who thought that some invisible being actually made everything in 6 days and then drowned nearly everyone in a world wide flood that lasted 40 days. To say now that they were not ignorant because their stories mean something else is pure buffoonery. But funny. :biggrin:

Your ignorance is proof of nothing. You blather on about how evil the God that you do not believe exists is. What next, a rant on the evil Santa Claus and his lawlessness for breaking into people's homes? Or perhaps we can learn that there really is no egg laying Easter bunny.

So you’re comparing your god to Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny?Good for you.

Not hardly, but nice try anyway. Here is the $64,000 question. Why would you, and other obnoxious atheists, feel that it is somehow your duty to ascribe evil attributes to an entity that you do not believe exists?

I'm simply trying to understand why seemingly somewhat intelligent people believe in all the bullshit spewed out by the bible? I originally came here to see if believers had anything real to based their beliefs on, it turns out they don't, it's all just wishful thinking and fantasy. Now I'm more astonished that you folks so strongly believe these fairy tales that don't even make sense. The evil that I talk about is in the bible, I'm not ascribing anything to anyone on my own, that's done by the people who wrote the bible who said that god mass drowned on purpose everyone except Noah and his posse.

Is a lion evil? How about wolves and other predators? They kill without remorse, often in a very cruel way. Killing, even the killing of human beings, is only evil when the intent is evil. However, that is not really the question. Does the created have a right to question, or criticize, the motives of its creator?

Algebra doesn't make sense to a six year old, and neither ballet or opera make much sense to me. The Almighty God is so far beyond our feeble intelligence level that attempting to figure out why he does things is arrogant futility. One statement makes that clear to the most casual observer. "I am, I always have been, and I always will be." We are completely incapable of figuring out how that could possibly be.

Bless your heart, taz. I'm not the one who is trying to make himself feel superior to others. That would be you, bro.

I'm just the one proving that you aren't.
You calling me idiot is an attempt to make yourself superior to me. I am superior to you, there's a difference. :biggrin:
Are you self identifying with someone who denies the functional advantages of religious beliefs, taz? Because I did not call you an idiot.

I know you think you are superior to people who believe in a higher power than man even though your official position is that there very well may be a higher power than man. This is just one of your many things inconsistencies with your supposed agnosticism.

The reality is that your only purpose here is to prove to yourself your superiority over others. Something I believe I disprove on a daily basis.
Everyone thinks they themselves are superior, nothing wrong with that, it's human nature. Religious beliefs don't bring you any advantage except to shield you from reality, maybe.
Wrong on both counts. Not everyone sees themselves as superior. See dunning effect. And science tells us that certain behaviors taught by religion do provide a functional advantage.
Ok, let me correct myself then, everyone HERE thinks they're superior to everyone else. :biggrin:

So what does science actually say? I'd be interested in reading that, got a link?
No. Not everyone one here.

No. You would be interested in trying to debunk it or claim religion doesn't teach those behaviors or that those behaviors are not the exclusive domain of religion. Anything that would ignore the reality that religion has provided a functional advantage.

What a joker.

Damn..

Not at all. I am merely revealing what you are since you try so hard to disguise it.

No idoltry here, humanist.

Catholics love rational thought. It is humanists like yourself that are overly emotional.

The better portion leads to peace through storms.

Is it just me or does hobelim seem bitter and angry that others believe differently than he does?

1. I'm asking questions of people's faith and the bible and you all get bent out of shape because you don't like the questions, they're too ?hard or you people, lol. Poor you. :biggrin:[/QUOTE ]A
  2. The answers r too hard for u to comprehend. Poor poor you :([/QUOTNE
So how did Noah get kangaroos from Australia onto his boat?

So you're taking the bible and giving its stories another meaning than what was intended. Brah, you're a fraud, and you're completely lost, living in a made up world where words have made up meanings. :cuckoo:

The people who wrote the bible were ignorant bubkins who thought that some invisible being actually made everything in 6 days and then drowned nearly everyone in a world wide flood that lasted 40 days. To say now that they were not ignorant because their stories mean something else is pure buffoonery. But funny. :biggrin:

Your ignorance is proof of nothing. You blather on about how evil the God that you do not believe exists is. What next, a rant on the evil Santa Claus and his lawlessness for breaking into people's homes? Or perhaps we can learn that there really is no egg laying Easter bunny.

Not hardly, but nice try anyway. Here is the $64,000 question. Why would you, and other obnoxious atheists, feel that it is somehow your duty to ascribe evil attributes to an entity that you do not believe exists?
I'm simply trying to understand why seemingly somewhat intelligent people believe in all the bullshit spewed out by the bible? I originally came here to see if believers had anything real to based their beliefs on, it turns out they don't, it's all just wishful thinking and fantasy. Now I'm more astonished that you folks so strongly believe these fairy tales that don't even make sense. The evil that I talk about is in the bible, I'm not ascribing anything to anyone on my own, that's done by the people who wrote the bible who said that god mass drowned on purpose everyone except Noah and his posse.

Is a lion evil? How about wolves and other predators? They kill without remorse, often in a very cruel way. Killing, even the killing of human beings, is only evil when the intent is evil. However, that is not really the question. Does the created have a right to question, or criticize, the motives of its creator?

Algebra doesn't make sense to a six year old, and neither ballet or opera make much sense to me. The Almighty God is so far beyond our feeble intelligence level that attempting to figure out why he does things is arrogant futility. One statement makes that clear to the most casual observer. "I am, I always have been, and I always will be." We are completely incapable of figuring out how that could possibly be.
God hasn't spoken to anyone, that's all written by men. You should up your critical thinking game.

No. You would be interested in trying to debunk it or claim religion doesn't teach those behaviors or that those behaviors are not the exclusive domain of religion. Anything that would ignore the reality that religion has provided a functional advantage.
So you have no link, in other words, you're blowing fartsmoke again. Got it.

1. I'm asking questions of people's faith and the bible and you all get bent out of shape because you don't like the questions, they're too ?hard or you people, lol. Poor you. :biggrin:[/QUOTE ]A
  2. The answers r too hard for u to comprehend. Poor poor you :([/QUOTNE
So how did Noah get kangaroos from Australia onto his boat?
R kangaroos ur favorite animal?

So you have no link, in other words, you're blowing fartsmoke again. Got it.
Don't be silly. Happiness leads to success. Belief in God leads to happiness. But it is more like 4 papers I think.

God hasn't spoken to anyone, that's all written by men. You should up your critical thinking game.
He speaks to me all the time. But you have to be listening for it. He speaks in a quiet voice. Maybe that's why you can't hear it.

You know this how?

Forum List

Back