Is man a spiritual being?

Seriously what better cover is there for a militant atheist Jew than to disguise himself as believing in God so he can subordinate Christianity.

lol...

What I am actually doing is showing the only rational way to interpret the fantastical claims of scripture that conforms to and is confirmed by reality, the only rational way to interpret the irrational things that Christians already profess to believe, the only rational way to interpret the nutty things that Jesus said, the only rational way to understand and conform to divine law that fulfills the promise of life.

In the process the antichrist, unleashed on the world in 325 c.e. by Rome, will be completely destroyed.

You got a problem with that?
You are making a critical theory argument. You are stating what you believe it isn’t. Not what you believe it is. If you were to state what you believe it is, then you would reveal exactly what I have been saying. You are a militant atheist Jew.

How can I have a problem? I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

OK, let me get this straight. I show you how what you profess to believe is in error and then show you what is right regarding the subjects of miracles, the virgin birth, the resurrection, divine law etc. I show you how eucharistic adoration is idolatry, I show you how bread from heaven became flesh, a metaphor for teaching from God which is the actual body of Christ.

And you act like I have never stated my beliefs? All you have to say for yourself is that I am a militant atheist Jew.

You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you ? :hands: When is he going to help you to be honest?

A matzo is your source of spiritual life because you have faith and I don't? Really? You're a spiritual person?

You're not not just a liar? :laughing0301:

The purpose of this thread is to discuss if man is predisposed to spirituality.

Since the beginning of man, man has had belief in a higher power. This belief has persisted throughout man’s existence.

Even today man overwhelming identifies himself as spiritual. So even though the grouping between belief in a specific religion may be declining, man has not abandoned his belief that he is more than just matter.

Historically people who did not submit to the popular gods promoted by the ruling elite were marginalized, persecuted and killed, even entire families.

Belief has been more a consequence of the instinct to survive than evidence of anything spiritual.
And yet it persisted throughout the ages.

But it seems that you are agreeing with me that spirituality is prevalent in man.
It persisted while being forced on us. And once our parents were brainwashed they brainwashed us.

We certainly were not given an option

Atheism now that it’s acceptable is taking off. The internet is helping to kill religion too. I didn’t have access to atheist resources when I was a kid. The priest had an advantage.

Since the beginning of man, man has had belief in a higher power. This belief has persisted throughout man’s existence.

Even today man overwhelming identifies himself as spiritual. So even though the grouping between belief in a specific religion may be declining, man has not abandoned his belief that he is more than just matter.

Historically people who did not submit to the popular gods promoted by the ruling elite were marginalized, persecuted and killed, even entire families.

Belief has been more a consequence of the instinct to survive than evidence of anything spiritual.

But it seems that you are agreeing with me that spirituality is prevalent in man.
It persisted while being forced on us. And once our parents were brainwashed they brainwashed us.

Atheism now that it’s acceptable is taking off. The internet is helping to kill religion too. I didn’t have access to atheist resources when I was a kid. The priest had an advantage.

We we we? Us us us? Are you speaking for yourself or a crowd?

Becoming an atheist because scripture is not the literal truth just as dumb as believing that it is all the literal truth.

If you don't understand the hidden subjects, you don't even know what they are, how can you make accurate judgments about it one way or the other??

You might as well read a math book, fail to understand it, and then declare there is no such thing as math.

Last edited:
sheeeeesh-----what is WRONG with me-------I agreed with Hobie.
also spirituality is hardwired in the human brain. It starts
out in the basal ganglia and thruout the limbic lobe in infancy
with the infant's fascination with its mother

Exactly. We were made for it. The only question that remains is the boundary condition.

Last edited:

Man has not completely abandoned the belief. Not yet. Give it Time.

Man also knew that women should not be priests. Did god tell them that or did they just make that up?

I can totally see how a simple mind would decide a god must have put us here but the more you learn the easier it it to consider maybe we just made that up because we just don’t know.

And remember it wasn’t enough to just believe a god exists humans had to lie and say he visited and continue to lie for thousands of years.

And force everyone to be a member.

Who knows how many atheists would exist if being one was an option the last 7000 years.

It’s only been acceptable to be an atheist for about 40 years. 40 vs 7000. Think ding. You’ve been brainwashed.
We are hardwired for it.

Seriously what better cover is there for a militant atheist Jew than to disguise himself as believing in God so he can subordinate Christianity.

lol...

What I am actually doing is showing the only rational way to interpret the fantastical claims of scripture that conforms to and is confirmed by reality, the only rational way to interpret the irrational things that Christians already profess to believe, the only rational way to interpret the nutty things that Jesus said, the only rational way to understand and conform to divine law that fulfills the promise of life.

In the process the antichrist, unleashed on the world in 325 c.e. by Rome, will be completely destroyed.

You got a problem with that?
You are making a critical theory argument. You are stating what you believe it isn’t. Not what you believe it is. If you were to state what you believe it is, then you would reveal exactly what I have been saying. You are a militant atheist Jew.

How can I have a problem? I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

OK, let me get this straight. I show you how what you profess to believe is in error and then show you what is right regarding the subjects of miracles, the virgin birth, the resurrection, divine law etc. I show you how eucharistic adoration is idolatry, I show you how bread from heaven became flesh, a metaphor for teaching from God which is the actual body of Christ.

And you act like I have never stated my beliefs? All you have to say for yourself is that I am a militant atheist Jew.

You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you ? :hands: When is he going to help you to be honest?

A matzo is your source of spiritual life because you have faith and I don't? Really? You're a spiritual person?

You're not not just a liar? :laughing0301:

That is correct. You don’t have beliefs. You have arguments against my beliefs. It’s your mission.

Exactly. We are made for it.
How many of you are there?

my many personalities and incarnations have been united
via intensive psychotherapy-------do not trifle with the
MANY MEs

Exactly. We are made for it.
How many of you are there?

my many personalities and incarnations have been united
via intensive psychotherapy-------do not trifle with the
MANY MEs
Did you lose your faith or is it that you never had it to begin with?

lol..It may be a bit uncomfortable at first, its been some time since you agreed with anybody, but as your mind opens up more and more, more and more will go deeper and deeper.... and then woo hoo!

:smoke:

Becoming an atheist because scripture is not the literal truth just as dumb as believing that it is all the literal truth.

If you don't understand the hidden subjects, you don't even know what they are, how can you make accurate judgments about it one way or the other??

You might as well read a math book, fail to understand it, and then declare there is no such thing as math.
I have read and understand enough to know hogwash

Man also knew that women should not be priests. Did god tell them that or did they just make that up?

I can totally see how a simple mind would decide a god must have put us here but the more you learn the easier it it to consider maybe we just made that up because we just don’t know.

And remember it wasn’t enough to just believe a god exists humans had to lie and say he visited and continue to lie for thousands of years.

Who knows how many atheists would exist if being one was an option the last 7000 years.

It’s only been acceptable to be an atheist for about 40 years. 40 vs 7000. Think ding. You’ve been brainwashed.
We are hardwired for it.
Sure because we hate not knowing and we are curious and god is a possibility. It’s a hypothesis but not a theory.

It makes sense answering things we don’t know. Must be a god did it.

And you may not even be right. I mean if man made organize religions weren’t invented and forced on us maybe the enlightenment may have happened years sooner.

Early man was hard wired to accept god as an explanation. That led to the Greek gods. We have amazing imaginations huh?

OK.. the story of the bodily ascension of the risen Christ. Some people read it, fail to understand the subject, and claim to believe. You read the story, failed to understand the subject and do not believe.

Fair enough, the literal reading is hogwash.

If a person came along and showed you how the bodily ascension story was not about Jesus floating up into the sky but about leaving the tomb of the religious beliefs and practices he was born into and his daily struggles keeping faith in his decision until he died would you still disbelieve?

even though its also your story?

We are hardwired for it.
Sure because we hate not knowing and we are curious and god is a possibility. It’s a hypothesis but not a theory.

It makes sense answering things we don’t know. Must be a god did it.

And you may not even be right. I mean if man made organize religions weren’t invented and forced on us maybe the enlightenment may have happened years sooner.

Early man was hard wired to accept god as an explanation. That led to the Greek gods. We have amazing imaginations huh?
There are only two options, right? If space and time were created by spirit then we are hardwired for spirituality because the creator of space and time is spirit.

If space and time were not created by spirit then everything that exists was a manifestation of the material world and spirituality exists because it is a functional advantage.

You lose either way. Because under no option is spirituality an accident.

Now tell me where I am wrong.

OK.. the story of the bodily ascension of the risen Christ. Some people read it, fail to understand the subject, and claim to believe. You read the story, failed to understand the subject and do not believe.

If a person came along and showed you how the bodily ascension story was not about Jesus floating up into the sky but about leaving the tomb of the religious beliefs and practices he was born into and his daily struggles keeping faith in his decision until he died would you still disbelieve?

For thousands of years your religion has told those stories as factual actual events. Now you want to say it’s all allegories and ask if I now believe? I believe even more, BULLSHIT!

Genesis is an allegorical account of the history all people shared.

The NT isn’t an allegorical account.

You are the only person I know who is pushing that.

We all know you do not literally believe that God exists. So why not drop the pretense.

Forum List

Back