Is man a spiritual being?

For thousands of years your religion has told those stories as factual actual events. Now you want to say it’s all allegories and ask if I now believe? I believe even more, BULLSHIT!

You are wrong. From the beginning the Torah has always been a book of instruction, not a book of history. Even Jesus said he was using figures of speech and people complained about him always speaking in riddles.

The problem stems from superstitious and irrational people usurping authority over its interpretations.
The first eleven chapters is an allegorical account of the history of the world that all people share. In it are some of the most important wisdom of man such as man knows right from wrong and when he violates it rather than abandoning the concept he rationalizes that he didn’t violate it.
No, its about divine instruction coming into the world though Moses only a few thousand years ago and being given to the Jewish people as a light to the nations in a lawless world that has been without form and void and where darkness covered the face of the deep for billions of years.
You do know that the account of Genesis was recorded as symbols in the Chinese language 1500 years before Moses recorded it, right?

How do you explain that?

How do I explain that? You have lost your mind.

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

I will force your oppressors to eat their own flesh and make them drunk on their own blood as if with new wine. Then all flesh shall know that I, the Lord, am your savior and your redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob."
Still not an explanation of the wisdom that Moses wrote of the Tower of Babel that you allege.

No group of humans has ever been discovered that did not have language and a belief system. That alone would be convincing evidence that these are part and parcel of the human package. There is something about our brain and the way it processes that disposes us to look for reason and order in the occurrences of life. That does not prove that there is such order or reason. Further, even if order and reason exist, our intimations of it do not prove we properly apprehend.
Ultimately, one has only one's experiences to show how in tune one may be with this universe we exist in. Belief in 'God' based upon personal revelation is valid. Belief in 'God' based upon hearsay is merely a crutch. Conformity to the standards of others is understandable, but hardly praiseworthy.

For thousands of years your religion has told those stories as factual actual events. Now you want to say it’s all allegories and ask if I now believe? I believe even more, BULLSHIT!

You are wrong. From the beginning the Torah has always been a book of instruction, not a book of history. Even Jesus said he was using figures of speech and people complained about him always speaking in riddles.

The problem stems from superstitious and irrational people usurping authority over its interpretations.
The first eleven chapters is an allegorical account of the history of the world that all people share. In it are some of the most important wisdom of man such as man knows right from wrong and when he violates it rather than abandoning the concept he rationalizes that he didn’t violate it.
No, its about divine instruction coming into the world though Moses only a few thousand years ago and being given to the Jewish people as a light to the nations in a lawless world that has been without form and void and where darkness covered the face of the deep for billions of years.
You do know that the account of Genesis was recorded as symbols in the Chinese language 1500 years before Moses recorded it, right?

How do you explain that?

"I have not come to bring peace but a sword."

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

I will force your oppressors to eat their own flesh and make them drunk on their own blood as if with new wine. Then all flesh shall know that I, the Lord, am your savior and your redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob."

:wine:
Moses did not write Genesis. Moses recorded the account of Genesis that had been passed down orally for thousands of years.

lol...

What I am actually doing is showing the only rational way to interpret the fantastical claims of scripture that conforms to and is confirmed by reality, the only rational way to interpret the irrational things that Christians already profess to believe, the only rational way to interpret the nutty things that Jesus said, the only rational way to understand and conform to divine law that fulfills the promise of life.

In the process the antichrist, unleashed on the world in 325 c.e. by Rome, will be completely destroyed.

You got a problem with that?
What’s an “atheist Jew”?

Whats an atheist Jew?

Any rational person who does not believe that a three in one mangod diddled a virgin to father himself to become fully human and fully God only to say things that no one understood until he turned himself into a matzo before he was killed, rose from the dead, and floated up into the sky.
A Jew who doesn’t believe in God and is actively engaged in subordinating the dominant religion of the land.
A Jew who doesn’t believe in god is called an atheist.
Yep. And when they actively seek to subordinate the dominant religion of the land they are militant ones.
So those who want to keep the dominant religion must be militant theists then.

How do you explain that?

Still not an explanation of the wisdom that Moses wrote of the Tower of Babel that you allege.

You have lost your mind.

I will force your oppressors to eat their own flesh and make them drunk on their own blood as if with new wine. Then all people shall know that I, the Lord, am your savior and your redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob."

How do you explain that?

I will force your oppressors to eat their own flesh and make them drunk on their own blood as if with new wine. Then all people shall know that I, the Lord, am your savior and your redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob."

The reason that all ancient cultures had an account of a great flood is because there was a great flood. That account got spread beyond Mesopotamia after the great migration from Mesopotamia.

Which is how that account got captured as symbols in the Chinese written language 1500 years before Moses recorded it.

I leave the spiritual door open, but I can't hang my hat on that, there's no solid proof. Humans want to keep living after they die so they concoct a whole series of myths.
Like your beliefs on reincarnation?
It's the only one that has actual proof.
You may be on to something here Taz. If the human lives for approximately 800 years or so they surely need new skins along the way. Common sense I would say but the word even goes a little further in describing this when Jesus tells us that we will be as the angels and with the host of Jacob one is able to see the angels coming and going.
Wtf are you talking about?
I am sharing portions of the Bible with you so as to let you know that as a human (adam---you that person asleep or as the dead not knowing what the spirit in you is) reincarnation is there, just as you are stuck here on this planet. It is written about in, "that book of fairy tales" you claim you don't believe in.
Just because something is written in a book of fiction doesn't make it so.

How do you explain that?

The reason that all ancient cultures had an account of a great flood is because there was a great flood. That account got spread beyond Mesopotamia after the great migration from Mesopotamia.

Which is how that account got captured as symbols in the Chinese written language 1500 years before Moses recorded it.
You are a moron.

There are over 200 flood myths from every continent around the world and they never even heard of moses or noah.

The Hebrew scriptures were written to educate Hebrew children and curse their enemies if they ever stole their holy books.

Still works like a charm.

How do you explain that?

You have lost your mind.

The account of Genesis recorded the creation of time and space. It was passed down orally for thousands of years before Moses recorded it. The creation of time and space from nothing has been proven true. So ancient man knew 6000 years before science knew that there was a beginning.

How do you explain that?

You are a moron.

There are over 200 flood myths from every continent around the world and they never even heard of moses or noah.

The Hebrew scripture were written to educate Hebrew children and curse their enemies if they ever stole their holy books.
Before the great migration from the cradle of civilization they all shared a common history and religion.

The account of Genesis recorded the creation of time and space. It was passed down orally for thousands of years before Moses recorded it. The creation of time and space from nothing has been proven true. So ancient man knew 6000 years before science knew that there was a beginning.
No, it is about the creation of the concept of heaven and earth, a world above and the world below, separated by the establishment of divine light, spoken into existence through law which teaches people to distinguish between clean and unclean, good and evil, true and false, right and wrong, life and death.

How do you explain that?

You have lost your mind.

Genesis recorded the creation of time and space? Who was there to record it? Some sheep shaggin' goat herder?

No, it is about the creation of the concept of heaven and earth, a world above and the world below, separated by the establishment of divine light, spoken into existence through law which teaches people to distinguish between clean and unclean, good and evil, true and false, right and wrong, life and death.
So it is just a coincidence that there was a beginning and man accidentally captured that belief?

You still think Moses wrote Genesis?

So what happens to people who eat ham, for example?

How do you explain that?

You have lost your mind.

Genesis recorded the creation of time and space? Who was there to record it? Some sheep shaggin' goat herder?
A revelation from God who created space and time. How else could they have known.

Same thing for man was created from dust.

So it is just a coincidence that there was a beginning and man accidentally captured that belief?

So who did?

So who did?
Who knows. Early man.

What we do know is it occurred about 3000 years or so before Moses recorded it.

And were passed down orally for thousands of years.

So what happens to people who eat ham, for example?

What happens to people who eat ham? They enjoy it.

Swine are unclean creatures because they do not ruminate. Their flesh defiles and contaminates the mind.

This is just a metaphorical reference to people who do not ruminate, think deeply, and swallow garbage without thinking.

If you swallow the teachings of people who do not think deeply it will defile and contaminate your mind and you will become an unclean creature that cannot ruminate.

Here is the wisdom of God. This is my flesh.
Still waiting for all that wisdom you believe Moses wrote in Genesis.

So who did?
Do you believe anything that sod heb writes?

A revelation from God who created space and time. How else could they have known.

Same thing for man was created from dust.
Gee, they decided that everything had a beginning. They watched children being born, animals being born, plants starting out as seeds, fish growing, ...so it's pretty ordinary that they would think that the world had a beginning, which they got wrong, "Let there be light", their "beginning". happened some 400 million years after the BB. And they never mention time and space.

FYI, man doesn't come from dust.

Forum List

Back