Is Obama a douche bag for exploiting another tragedy (Zimmerman) for political points

Is Obama a douche bag for expoiting the Zimmerman case for his political agenda?

• Yes

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
The Zimmerman case had nothing to do with "stand your ground" yet the Obama Administration is exploiting it to push it's anti-gun rights agenda.

Of course it did. And no it is not. We need gun laws enforced. Background checks and gun restrictions. Period.

Ahh, another race thread by conservatives who accuse liberals of always bringing up the race issue.

ahh... another lib who apparently believes conservatives should just sit idly by and not say a word about blatant lib race-bating...

It's not liberal race-baiting. You calling it such, is the one of the plays in the racist playbook, by suggesting that you know better than a black person who has been subject to racism, what constitutes it. It don't wash. Answer? Stop with your racism, and accusations will evaporate.

Really? In Florida? Prove it with credible sources. I have credible proof to the contrary.

Feel free to provide non credible sources to prove me wrong, if you can find them.

Well, you made the claim (without backing it up), but here are my sources:

Why were Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman judged by different standards?

Why 'Stand Your Ground' is really 'Kill at Will'

I really don't have to prove my claims if I don't want to, which is why I invited you to provide non credible links to prove me wrong. I know for a fact that there are no credible links to disprove my claims, the law in Florida has always given people the right to defend themselves. The courts were trying to wipe that out, even going as far as to say that you could not claim self defense inside your own home if the person attacking you was not there illegally.

The legislature reacted by rewriting the laws to make the right of self defense impossible for them to ignore.

SELF DEFENSE FLORIDA.COM

The Zimmerman case had nothing to do with "stand your ground" yet the Obama Administration is exploiting it to push it's anti-gun rights agenda.

instead of being an asswipe

he should talk about his lifestyle

maintaining a family unit

mr and mrs prezbos love and watchful eye

and supportive nature over their children

and how if you apply yourself and that

you can overcome any burden

you could be the prezbo if you chose and dedicated yourself to do so

Elijah Hakim-Adonijah

"If you cannot watch this disturbing PBS Documentary and accept that this behavior and cruel treatment of black people was not only practiced but supported by the government and nation of our birth, I understand. However, in order to fully understand our nations racial tension and hostile social climate, you must know and understand the deeply rooted history of slavery, segregation, discrimination, and the long journey forward to protect born human rights and well-being to a deepening aspect. Can we all get along? I truly believe we can and one day we will. And not only get along, but we must set a sovereign premise that the times like those depicted in this documentary will never be repeated. But, it starts with you and the example you teach and leave your children." ~ Dr. Hakim.

[ame=http://youtu.be/meaVhIC2Bu8]*A Must See* :Slavery by Another Name (PBS Documentary 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

The tragedy was that a murderer got away. Now Republicans are on the side of child killers. Sandy Hook and now Zimmerman.

given the title of the thread, it's certainly appropriate that you'd make an appearance in here...

douchebag...

In response to my post, I got this message:

Hi, you have received 0 reputation points from poet.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Takes one to know one.

Regards,
poet

I tried sending Poet this response:

this tune goes out to my ol' buddy Poet...

heartfelt, with love and kisses... :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P01oCgnhbsQ]Margaret Cho - Eat Shit and Die - featuring Grant Lee Phillips - YouTube[/ame]

but then I got this message in return:

poet has chosen not to receive private messages… Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

typical chickenshit lib…

The tragedy was that a murderer got away. Now Republicans are on the side of child killers. Sandy Hook and now Zimmerman.

given the title of the thread, it's certainly appropriate that you'd make an appearance in here...

douchebag...

Comment:
Takes one to know one.

Regards,
poet

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P01oCgnhbsQ]Margaret Cho - Eat Shit and Die - featuring Grant Lee Phillips - YouTube[/ame]

poet has chosen not to receive private messages… Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

typical chickenshit lib…

there's been a lot of them who joined lately...like in the real world, they can dish it but can't take it..

douchebag...

Comment:
Takes one to know one.

Regards,
poet

typical chickenshit lib…

--LOL

here is the one i received

New reputation!

Comment:
Wow. Calling the President an \"asswipe\", makes you one.

Regards,
poet

Note: This is an automated message.

Elijah Hakim-Adonijah

"If you cannot watch this disturbing PBS Documentary and accept that this behavior and cruel treatment of black people was not only practiced but supported by the government and nation of our birth, I understand. However, in order to fully understand our nations racial tension and hostile social climate, you must know and understand the deeply rooted history of slavery, segregation, discrimination, and the long journey forward to protect born human rights and well-being to a deepening aspect. Can we all get along? I truly believe we can and one day we will. And not only get along, but we must set a sovereign premise that the times like those depicted in this documentary will never be repeated. But, it starts with you and the example you teach and leave your children." ~ Dr. Hakim.

*A Must See* :Slavery by Another Name (PBS Documentary 2012) - YouTube

I've seen that before...

very compelling stuff...

thanks for posting it...

but that doesn't take away from the fact that you're a chickenshit li'l fucker who should eat shit and die... :)

Feel free to provide non credible sources to prove me wrong, if you can find them.

Well, you made the claim (without backing it up), but here are my sources:

Why were Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman judged by different standards?

Why 'Stand Your Ground' is really 'Kill at Will'

I really don't have to prove my claims if I don't want to, which is why I invited you to provide non credible links to prove me wrong. I know for a fact that there are no credible links to disprove my claims, the law in Florida has always given people the right to defend themselves. The courts were trying to wipe that out, even going as far as to say that you could not claim self defense inside your own home if the person attacking you was not there illegally.

The legislature reacted by rewriting the laws to make the right of self defense impossible for them to ignore.

SELF DEFENSE FLORIDA.COM

In other words, you can't refute my sources with credible proof - so instead you try to blur the issue with smoke and mirrors bullshit. To the best of my knowledge - my sources are credible. Please provide proof of anything contained in my links that is not true.

it was a self defense case, the Fla SYG laws were never brought up by lawyers from either side.

the SYG issue was brought up by the media and obozo in a failed attempt to make the case about race and guns.

Exactly correct. So I don't know why the judge mentioned it in her orders to the jurors. My take on it is that she got a call from someone, likely in the Obama Admin, telling her to make it part of the case. From what I've seen, it's nothing more than an attempt at disarming America.

Just because neither of you understand the law in Florida does not mean that stand your ground was in the jury instructions. What the jury instructions contained was an explanation of self defense laws in Florida.

So you're trying to say that the judge did not mention SYG in her orders to the jury? Is that your stance on the issue?

The judge never mentioned SYG.

George Zimmerman Trial: Final Jury Instructions

You're wrong. Stand Your Ground had everything to do with the Zimmerman trial - even though Zimmerman's defense team didn't argue SYG. Since Florida passed SYG in 2006, SYG language is now part of Florida’s self-defense laws. The Zimmerman jury instructions stated that Zimmerman had the right to "stand his ground" - and this was entirely due to SYG being passed in 2006 which changed the self-defense laws. IOW, Zimmerman's defense team knew they didn't need to argue Stand Your Ground - because it was now included in Florida's self-defense laws.

Wrong again, hose bag. The judge never mentioned Stand Your Ground.

You're wrong. Stand Your Ground had everything to do with the Zimmerman trial - even though Zimmerman's defense team didn't argue SYG. Since Florida passed SYG in 2006, SYG language is now part of Florida’s self-defense laws. The Zimmerman jury instructions stated that Zimmerman had the right to "stand his ground" - and this was entirely due to SYG being passed in 2006 which changed the self-defense laws. IOW, Zimmerman's defense team knew they didn't need to argue Stand Your Ground - because it was now included in Florida's self-defense laws.

She didn't need to. Did you read the jury instructions?

So why was Stand Your Ground in the judge's instructions and pivotal to that juror's thinking...here we go again with the BS Pub Propaganda....

The judge never mentioned, "stand your ground," douche nozzle, and where did you get the idea that it was "pivotal" to the jurors' thinking?

it was not pivotal to the case

however she did mention in the wording Zimmerman had no duty to retreat

and had the right to stand his ground and to meet force with force including deadly force

She didn't need to. Did you read the jury instructions?

Thanks for admitting that the judge never mentioned SYG.

So why was Stand Your Ground in the judge's instructions and pivotal to that juror's thinking...here we go again with the BS Pub Propaganda....

The judge never mentioned, "stand your ground," douche nozzle, and where did you get the idea that it was "pivotal" to the jurors' thinking?

and had the right to stand his ground and to meet force with force including deadly force

She didn't mention the law. End of story.

She didn't mention the law. End of story.

she read the instructions to the jury

In deciding whether George Zimmerman was justified in the use of deadly force, you
must judge him by the circumstances by which he was surrounded at the time the force was
used. The danger facing George Zimmerman need not have been actual; however, to justify
the use of deadly force, the appearance of danger must have been so real that a reasonably
cautious and prudent person under the same circumstances would have believed that the
danger could be avoided only through the use of that force. Based upon appearances, George
Zimmerman must have actually believed that the danger was real.
If George Zimmerman was not engaged in an unlawful activity and was attacked in any
place where he had a right to be, he had no duty to retreat and had the right to stand his
ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he reasonably believed that it was
necessary
to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or another or to prevent
the commission of a forcible felony

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/Zimmerman_Final_Jury_Instructions.pdf

good ole lakhota, always fighting against our rights to defend ourselves

what a traitor to his country and his fellow Americans..

Forum List

Back