Is politics just professional hypocrisy?

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
Bush won in 2000. Democrats demanded recount after recount, insisting that he had stolen the election and hopeful that they could stuff just enough ballots to make up the difference. He won again in 2004. Democrats again insisted that he had won through fraud and voter suppression, primarily of their constituents. Obama won in 2008. Republicans raised objections, claiming that the media and black supremacist elements had unduly influenced the vote. He won again in 2012, with Republicans once again spreading claims of corruption and fraud.

We're not even to the official 2016 cycle and it's already clear to me that Hillary's winning with 127% of the vote and Republicans are going to whine about locking themselves out of the White House.

We're not even to the official 2016 cycle and it's already clear to me that Hillary's winning with 127% of the vote and Republicans are going to whine about locking themselves out of the White House.
We've reached a point where politicians, politicos, pundits and partisans simply cannot be believed. Anything they say can only be tossed into the mix and "the rest of the story" is up to the individual to search out and identify. If they care enough.

I don't know how a modern representative republic can function like this, and I guess maybe we AREN'T actually functioning. We may just be sliding along on our own inertia.

We've reached a point where politicians, politicos, pundits and partisans simply cannot be believed. Anything they say can only be tossed into the mix and "the rest of the story" is up to the individual to search out and identify. If they care enough.

I don't know how a modern representative republic can function like this, and I guess maybe we AREN'T actually functioning. We may just be sliding along on our own inertia.
citizen journalism and security cameras will save us. both from potential crime.

Forum List

Back