🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is Religion ruining Africa?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
Is Christianity and Islam turning Africa into an impoverished hellhole? I heard the American religious right wants to take advantage of them. I think the modern Western lifestyle should be promoted to them instead. Casual sex, comic book movies, internet, and cellphones!

Is Christianity and Islam turning Africa into an impoverished hellhole? I heard the American religious right wants to take advantage of them. I think the modern Western lifestyle should be promoted to them instead. Casual sex, comic book movies, internet, and cellphones!
It's been going on since the 16th century, nothing new..

Ruining? You think it's a garden spot now you might wanna retire to? Africa was turned to a hellhole a long time ago by European powers taking over all the wealth and riches exporting it back to European countries.

Fishermen of Lake Victoria export all the fish they catch to European and other world markets. While they do get paid, there's nothing left locally to buy so they often wind up starving to death despite catching pleanty of fish. If you export away all your food in exchange for money, but there's little food left locally to buy, you starve. That's Africa's problem - they can't eat the money.

Sub-Saharan Africa was impoverished long before Jesus or Muhammad. Lack of navigable waterways and infestations of tsetse flies were the main culprits. Intertribal warfare has also existed long before European colonialism.

Africa has more cell phones per captia than the US does.

Sub-Saharan Africa was impoverished long before Jesus or Muhammad. Lack of navigable waterways and infestations of tsetse flies were the main culprits. Intertribal warfare has also existed long before European colonialism.

I agree with this. lack of a widely domesticated food crop prevented population density from increasing and division of labor from occurring. Few navigable waterways prevented a lot of interior penetration and heavy disease burdens also had their impact (particularly on cattle). That being said, Europe has played its role in adding to the instability through the sapping of human resources through slavery (the Arabs too), and through the forced creation of artificial states that lack coherent internal identities. The latter especially has been devastating for the development of the continent.

It's been going on since the 16th century, nothing new..

Since the 16th Century, huh?

You set new standards of stupidity every time you post in here.

And 'casual sex'?

Guess what Continent is being virtually destroyed by AIDS right about now?

OTOH, don't. I've had my limit of stupidity for the day

Forum List

Back