Is six kids really an unreasonable lower minimum to expect from a future wife?

It's an un-pc amount but not too many more objectively. Supposed to have lots of kids. In Judaism culture a wife isn't 'off the hook' until she's had at least 2. And in theory should be having kids throughout the marriage. Until menopause hits and she stops getting pregnant naturally, should be having kids simply because you're having sex regularly.

Always liked the idea of at least 4 if two of each so every boy has both a brother and a sister and vice-versa. But no upper limit in mind. But at 43 unless there's a young enough gal out there who like old 80s synthethizer music think that ship sailed. :)

yes.

When you are the one who carries the children, you can indulge in all the requirements you wish. Since you aren't, you should display an attitude that values your prospective wife rather than treating her like chattel.

Its not unreasonable to want 6 kids...but finding the wife that will want that many may be the hard part. I am sure they are out there though.

Also - what a previous poster said. Have as many as you can afford to have.

On the other hand, often people who want a lot of kids get just one..or none.

On the other hand, often people who want a lot of kids get just one..or none.
I'm not sure six is "a lot" though. It was the norm for my grandparents' generation. :p

Six living...that doesn't take into account how many pregnancies ended in miscarriage or still births. And the risk to the mother and child increases substantially with each birth.

My mom was one of 11...all survived and no miscarriages or stillbirths that we know of. they were all born within a 20 year period.

But not all women are made to pop out kid after kid after kid after kid. Just sayin. I always wanted 6 too, though, so I get it.

Kids are Gods punishment for having sex.......except mine of course. Do yourself a favor, skip the kids and adopt some Grand kids....Grand kids are awesome!

Forum List

Back