Is something on the order of 1964's election what we are cruising toward?

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
I don't mean literally 1964's election map and results, but rather something akin to the degree of dominance observed in that or other past elections.

1964_Electoral_Map.png

2000px-ElectoralCollege1932.svg.png

2000px-ElectoralCollege1968.svg.png

2008.jpg

Just how bad do you think Trump's loss will be?

If he's still in the race on election day, he'll be lucky to receive 200 EC.

The lower the number of EC Votes Trump gets, the larger the chance that we see violent revolution before the 2020 election.

Hate our system don't you

I love the system laid out in the Constitution. I abhor the system that has replaced our Constitutional Government over the last 150 years. If it requires revolution to return to a corrected, Constitutional Government, then so be it.

If there's a revolution, I doubt that the authoritarian regime will incorporate very much of our constitution into its dictates.

Think Cuba, 1959.

If there's a revolution, I doubt that the authoritarian regime will incorporate very much of our constitution into its dictates.

Think Cuba, 1959.

It wouldn't be a Leftist revolution, like Cuba. There would be some updates to the document and system, but not Liberal ones.

I love the system laid out in the Constitution. I abhor the system that has replaced our Constitutional Government over the last 150 years. If it requires revolution to return to a corrected, Constitutional Government, then so be it.

No. I mean like the American revolutions of 1775 and 1861.
The right side won in each of those two conflicts. And we're stronger than ever now. We also probably won't make the mistake of giving the traitors amnesty after the dust settles.

It wouldn't be a Leftist revolution, like Cuba. There would be some updates to the document and system, but not Liberal ones.
A "right-wing revolution"? That would be novel. The right wing generally resorts to coups when it can't win elections.

The right side won in each of those two conflicts. And we're stronger than ever now. We also probably won't make the mistake of giving the traitors amnesty after the dust settles.

No, the wrong side won in 1865. In a war that never should have happened for multiple reasons.

Better to be DEAD than to live in the nation Misses Clinton envisions.

A "right-wing revolution"? That would be novel. The right wing generally resorts to coups when it can't win elections.

If Mrs. Clinton were to have an accident during the revolution that would be a horrible tragedy.

If Mrs. Clinton were to have an accident during the revolution that would be a horrible tragedy.
I'm still trying to envision a right-wing revolution. Can you cite some examples where they've taken place, and more importantly, succeeded?

The lower the number of EC Votes Trump gets, the larger the chance that we see violent revolution before the 2020 election.

Off Topic:
I know two folks see the remark above as funny. Truly, I don't see anything funny about a violent revolution preceding the 2020 election.

I'm still trying to envision a right-wing revolution. Can you cite some examples where they've taken place, and more importantly, succeeded?

You're right that they're not common. Over the last 400 years Conservatives have preferred to leave nations rather than be forced to fix them. Now, with only the USA as a,last potential bastion of Conservatism, we have no choice but fight.

Duke William's Invasion of England - 1066
British Colonies in America- 1775
The Second American Revolution came close in 1861.

Republican Donald Trump should win the presidency by a slim margin according to a model that has accurately predicted the popular vote since 1988.

Using several standards to make his prediction, Alan Abramowitz's "Time for Change" model done for the University of Virginia's Center for Politics "Crystal Ball" shows Trump winning 51.4 percent to 48.6 percent for Hillary Clinton.

He added that the model shows a 66 percent chance of a Trump victory.
Always correct election forecast model predicts Trump win, 51%-48%

What we observe today is by definition the one that resulted from the Constitution that formed our nation in 1789. If that's the nation you want to see resurrected, you'll need to amend the Constitution so that all the amendments after the tenth are effectively reversed. The Constitution provides the means and legal foundation for achieving that end if you so desire it. I suggest you get to work and stop posting here for there's a lot you'll need to do to make that happen.

Okay people...enough with the side tracking talk of revolution. It was fun while it lasted, but please get back on topic.....as a reminder, the topic is what the electoral (or popular) vote will make the 2016 electoral map look like, using the OP's maps as rough examples of what some have looked like.

What are your expectations about the nature and extent of the outcome of this November's election?

Forum List

Back