is ted cruz eligible to run ??

The absence of evidence means we should conclude the Democrat was truthful. Got it. And I said you weren't consistent, obviously you would believe a Republican without evidence he told the truth too. Which was my yellowcake point, BTW, your flagrant hypocrisy and double standards

The absence of motive

Exactly, there is no motive for the Publisher to make up that he was born in Kenya and there is no motive for the Publisher to make up anywhere he was born but to simply ask him. Which is why Obama again in the completely logical source of the statement.

Nonsense. The lack of reward makes a mistake all the more plausible. As Obama's place of birth being Hawaii had already been nationally publicized in articles in the NY Times, Chicago Tribute, LA Times and others when Obama became the first black editor of the Harvard Review.

And this before the pamphlet was ever written. What then would be the point of intentionally putting in inaccurate information when any publisher that read the pamphlet would look Obama up in recent news articles and find he was born in Hawaii?

There would be no point. Your speculation makes no sense. And amazingly, it still gets worse:

The inaccurate place of birth remained until 2007....more than 15 years. Long after Obama's biography had cited Hawaii as his place of birth and Hawaii had been cited as his place of birth as Hawaii in HUNDREDS of other sources.

What would be the point of intentionally doing that? There is none. Your conjecture makes no sense.

With a simple mistake being an infinitely more plausible explanation. And of course, the only one backed by evidence.

While you still have nothing but innuendo, speculation and conjecture.
3 publicatio
The absence of motive

Exactly, there is no motive for the Publisher to make up that he was born in Kenya and there is no motive for the Publisher to make up anywhere he was born but to simply ask him. Which is why Obama again in the completely logical source of the statement. His father was a Muslim raised Communist atheist and his mother an America hating communist sympathizer and Obama was and is a pretensions elitist snob with no regard for the truth.

In 1991, he was not thinking of politics and had no reason not to say he was born in Kenya like his father. By 1995 he had to be thinking of political office since he was about to run and put his correct place of birth in his autobiography hoping his lie had blown over
There was no motive for Obama to say he was born in Kenya.

Correction, there was little motive. That is the sort of thing that proves compulsive liars, they lie for virtually no reason, it isn't an argument for you. And there was no motive for anyone else to do it
Nope, no motive it all. Considering he'd already told half a dozen other sources he was born in Hawaii.
Only 3 sources have been found around the time or before the 1991 pamphlet was made.. Not one source quotes Obama stating he was born in Hawaii.

I have found 5 sources before 1991

New York Times,February 6, 1990 - daily circulation- 1,586,757- Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Tribune, February 7, 1990- daily circulation 414,590- Obama born in Hawaii

Washington Post, February 8, 1990- daily circulation 507.615- Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Daily Herald, May 3, 1990-- daily circulation 15,190- Obama born in Hawaii

Columbia Today, Fall 1990- Obama born in Hawaii

Obscure promotional pamphlet says Obama born in Kenya- 1991

Chicago Magazine, January 1993- circulation 165,000- Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Tribune, Feb 10, 1993- 414,590- Obama born in Hawaii

Los Angeles Times, August 7, 1995- daily circulation 605,243 - Obama born in Hawaii

"Dreams from My Father" 1995- millions of copies sold - Obama born in Hawaii

Barack Obama State Senate Webpage, October 1, 1999 - Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Daily Herald, January 22, 2003 - Obama born in Hawaii

Time Magazine,June 24, 2004- circulation 3,276.882 - Obama born in Hawaii

Only 3 sources have been found around the time or before the 1991 pamphlet was made.. Not one source quotes Obama stating he was born in Hawaii.

None, huh?

NY Times said:
The new president of the Review is Barack Obama, a 28-year-old graduate of Columbia University who spent four years heading a community development program for poor blacks on Chicago's South Side before enrolling in law school. His late father, Barack Obama, was a finance minister in Kenya and his mother, Ann Dunham, is an American anthropologist now doing fieldwork in Indonesia. Mr. Obama was born in Hawaii.

February 6th, 1990

First Black Elected to Head Harvard s Law Review - NYTimes.com

So none saying Obama was born in Hawaii...except that one?

Chicago Tribune said:
Born in Hawaii to the late Barack Obama, once a finance minister in Kenya, and Ann Dunham, an American anthropologist, Obama went to Columbia University before moving to Chicago to work as a community organizer.

February 7th, 1990

Activist In Chicago Now Heads Harvard Law Review - tribunedigital-chicagotribune

So none saying Obama was born in Hawaii...except these TWO?
LA Times said:
His own upbringing is a blending of diverse cultures. Born in Hawaii, where his parents met in college, Obama was named Barack (blessed in Arabic) after his father. The elder Obama was among a generation of young Africans who came to the United States to study engineering, finance and medicine, skills that could be taken back home to build a new, strong Africa. In Hawaii, he married Obama's mother, a white American from Wichita, Kan.

March 12th, 1990
Barack Obama s Law Personality Harvard Law Review s first black president plans a life of public service. His multicultural background gives him unique perspective. - latimes

So none saying Obama was born in Hawaii...except these THREE?

Huh. I guess the only question left is if you're hopelessly ignorant. Or a really bad liar.
They do not quote Obama himself specifically stating he was born in Hawaii.

And so what?
So what? Those publications are nothing but baseless hearsay! There is no direct quote from Obama stating he was born in Hawaii.

So where did Miriam get the notion to state that Obama was born in Kenya in that pamphlet?

Barack Hussein Obama was born in Kenya.

Barack Hussein Obama II was born in Hawaii.

Yeah, how could *anyone* ever get that confused.
Do you have an official statement directly from Miriam Goderich stating that was the specific reason for her alleged fact checking error? If so please post it.

LOL....and thus is what happens when we present speculation rather than facts.

I will stick with the facts

1. There is no evidence that Barack Obama Jr. ever told anyone that he was born in Kenya
  2. There is a statement that specifically says that Barack Obama did not tell Miriam that he was born in Kenya
I leave it to Birthers to speculate.

So where did Miriam get the notion to state that Obama was born in Kenya in that pamphlet?

Do you have an official statement directly from Miriam Goderich stating that was the specific reason for her alleged fact checking error? If so please post it.

She told it what it wasn't. And you ignored her straight away:

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me--an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote in an emailed statement to Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Miriam Goderich

Born in Kenya Obama s Literary Agent Misidentified His Birthplace in 1991 - ABC News

Now why would I ignore her and believe your little batshit tale?

None, huh?

NY Times said:
The new president of the Review is Barack Obama, a 28-year-old graduate of Columbia University who spent four years heading a community development program for poor blacks on Chicago's South Side before enrolling in law school. His late father, Barack Obama, was a finance minister in Kenya and his mother, Ann Dunham, is an American anthropologist now doing fieldwork in Indonesia. Mr. Obama was born in Hawaii.

February 6th, 1990

Chicago Tribune said:
Born in Hawaii to the late Barack Obama, once a finance minister in Kenya, and Ann Dunham, an American anthropologist, Obama went to Columbia University before moving to Chicago to work as a community organizer.

February 7th, 1990

Activist In Chicago Now Heads Harvard Law Review - tribunedigital-chicagotribune

LA Times said:
His own upbringing is a blending of diverse cultures. Born in Hawaii, where his parents met in college, Obama was named Barack (blessed in Arabic) after his father. The elder Obama was among a generation of young Africans who came to the United States to study engineering, finance and medicine, skills that could be taken back home to build a new, strong Africa. In Hawaii, he married Obama's mother, a white American from Wichita, Kan.

March 12th, 1990
Barack Obama s Law Personality Harvard Law Review s first black president plans a life of public service. His multicultural background gives him unique perspective. - latimes

Huh. I guess the only question left is if you're hopelessly ignorant. Or a really bad liar.

And so what?
So what? Those publications are nothing but baseless hearsay! There is no direct quote from Obama stating he was born in Hawaii.

LOL....how ironic from the Birther who repeatedly refers to the obscure brochure.

There is a direct quote from Barack Obama in his 1995 biography that he was born in Hawaii.

If you can find any other direct quote from Barack Obama Jr. as to his place of birth before that- let me know- but it matches every other reference from a media source.

None, huh?

NY Times said:

February 6th, 1990

Chicago Tribune said:

February 7th, 1990

LA Times said:

March 12th, 1990

And so what?

If its 'hearsay', then who told them Obama was born in Hawaii?

LOL........hey- Stevie is out to lunch...

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me--an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote in an emailed statement to Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Miriam Goderich

Born in Kenya Obama s Literary Agent Misidentified His Birthplace in 1991 - ABC News

She states there was correspondence with him. She needs to release the correspondence in order to prove her excuse is truthful and not deceptive. Ok I've got to go. People are honking the horn outside.

Miriam Goderich

She states there was correspondence with him. She needs to release the correspondence in order to prove her excuse is truthful and not deceptive.
She's an eye witness and the world's best source on the content of that pamphlet. Her statement is evidence.

Its you who needs to prove your argument.

And you have nothing but innuendo, speculation, and desperate willful ignorance.

Miriam Goderich

She states there was correspondence with him. She needs to release the correspondence in order to prove her excuse is truthful and not deceptive. Ok I've got to go. People are honking the horn outside.

Why would Miriam care what some racist, antisemite Birther thinks she needs to do?

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Bush's 16 words were based on more than just British intelligence. Who knows why you can't understand that?

Where in this sentence is it unclear to you that W’s statement was based on the British? “the British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."

Wilson was the guy with intimate knowledge of the forged purported sale of Yellowcake to Iraq. The same document which was used to corroborate Bush's 16 words.

According to who? You? You lie like Obama. According to who was Wilson an expert? Who asked a political opponent of the President to go to Africa and with no knowledge of what the British based their statement on verify what the President said? And where did the British say that was the source of their statement?

Do you know that all Wilson’s actual report said was he was unable to verify the British claim? It did not even say it was wrong. He got on TV and said it was a lie, and the left ran with it. Which is my point, you believe what suits your politics, the credibility of the source is irrelevant to you. It’s not just Miriam, it’s anyone.
Again, British intelligence was not the only source for Bush's 16 words. There were other sources utilized to corroborate British intelligence .... including a document of a potential sale of Uranium to Iraq which turned out to be fake.

And it was the CIA who asked Wilson to go to Africa after Dick Cheney asked them to check up on the purported sale of Uranium to Iraq.

And who knows why you think the CIA sent a political opponent of Bush? There's no evidence I'm aware of that Wilson was a political opponent of Bush in 2002?

Last edited:

None, huh?

NY Times said:

February 6th, 1990

Chicago Tribune said:

February 7th, 1990

LA Times said:

March 12th, 1990

And so what?
So? The pamphlet is not a direct quote from Obama.

So yours isn't birtherism, it's ODS. There is no evidence or motive, but you're certain the source had to President Obama and that the publisher also has to be lying because well...Obama. Got it.

No, you don't get it, but you never do. Obama is the only plausible source. And if something bizare happened, the Publisher pointed the finger at Obama by giving a vague statement that explained nothing and didn't even cleanly state Obama wasn't the source. All they did is provide a statment by Miriam he didn't tell "us" not saying who "us" was and not explaining why she didn't fact check a blurb. Had Obama not been involved, they would have given a far clearer statement as to what happened and why instead of giving him an alibi without saying anything specific that they themselves could be caught in the lie
you're still lying. Obama is not the only plausible source..

OK, liar, so name one. Who plausibly would sit down and make up and write down that he was born in Kenya?

Oh you want us to speculate- like you do? And then you accuse us of speculation?

You of course are intent on someone intentionally telling everyone that Barack Obama Jr. was born in Hawaii- and refuse to accept any alternative.

But I will speculate if you insist- the most likely scenario- to me- is that whoever put together this bio based it upon the newspaper clippings from 1990 newspapers- and at some point mixed up Barack Obama Sr- repeatedly identified as being Kenyan
with Barack Obama Jr.- and made an error.

Here is what the pamphlet said:
Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. The son of an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, he attended Columbia University and worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation. He served as project coordinator in Harlem for the New York Public Interest Research Group, and was Executive Director of the Developing Communities Project in Chicago's South Side. His commitment to social and racial issues will be evident in his first book, Journeys in Black and White.

Highlighted in red below are articles from 1990 with similar language:

Chicago Tribune, February 07, 1990

On Monday, the 28-year-old Obama was named president of the Harvard Law Review, the nation`s most prestigious student legal journal. Obama is the first black elected to the post in its 104-year history....

The New York Times, Feb. 6, 1990

The Harvard Law Review, generally considered the most prestigious in the country, elected the first black president in its 104-year history today. The job is considered the highest student position at Harvard Law School.

LA Times, March 19, 1990

The first black to be elected president in the 102-year history of the prestigious student-run law journal.

The son of a Kenyan economist and an American anthropologist, Obama is a tall man with a quick, boyish smile whose fellow students rib him about his trademark tattered blue jeans.

Two years later, Obama's parents separated and he moved to a small village outside Jakarta, Indonesia, with his mother, an anthropologist.....

After graduating, Obama landed a job writing manuals for a New York-based international trade publication. Once his college loans were paid off, he took a $13,000-a-year job as director for the Developing Communities Project, a church-based social action group in Chicago.

No one actually believes the President wasn't born in America, some people just like the way it sounds.

Exactly, Obama liked the way it sounded to be born in Kenya, it isn't deeper than that

And of course that is just another of your lies. Birthers did not find out about this pamphlet until May 2012- more than 4 years after the 'birth' of the Birther movement.

You know this how?

Because I have followed the Birther idiocy since Obama's first inaugeration

Birthers love to speculate, conjecture and lie- and didn't mention this pamphlet until Breitbart discovered and published it. 4 years of the 'finest' Birther minds looking for dirt on Obama couldn't manage to find this brochure- it took researchers at Breitbart to find it.

But feel free to try to prove me wrong- it would be so refreshing for you to post something other than speculation, innuendo or outright lies.

No, you don't get it, but you never do. Obama is the only plausible source. And if something bizare happened, the Publisher pointed the finger at Obama by giving a vague statement that explained nothing and didn't even cleanly state Obama wasn't the source. All they did is provide a statment by Miriam he didn't tell "us" not saying who "us" was and not explaining why she didn't fact check a blurb. Had Obama not been involved, they would have given a far clearer statement as to what happened and why instead of giving him an alibi without saying anything specific that they themselves could be caught in the lie
you're still lying. Obama is not the only plausible source..

OK, liar, so name one. Who plausibly would sit down and make up and write down that he was born in Kenya?

Oh you want us to speculate- like you do? And then you accuse us of speculation?

You of course are intent on someone intentionally telling everyone that Barack Obama Jr. was born in Hawaii- and refuse to accept any alternative.

But I will speculate if you insist- the most likely scenario- to me- is that whoever put together this bio based it upon the newspaper clippings from 1990 newspapers- and at some point mixed up Barack Obama Sr- repeatedly identified as being Kenyan
with Barack Obama Jr.- and made an error.

Here is what the pamphlet said:
Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. The son of an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, he attended Columbia University and worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation. He served as project coordinator in Harlem for the New York Public Interest Research Group, and was Executive Director of the Developing Communities Project in Chicago's South Side. His commitment to social and racial issues will be evident in his first book, Journeys in Black and White.

Highlighted in red below are articles from 1990 with similar language:

Chicago Tribune, February 07, 1990

On Monday, the 28-year-old Obama was named president of the Harvard Law Review, the nation`s most prestigious student legal journal. Obama is the first black elected to the post in its 104-year history....

The New York Times, Feb. 6, 1990

The Harvard Law Review, generally considered the most prestigious in the country, elected the first black president in its 104-year history today. The job is considered the highest student position at Harvard Law School.

LA Times, March 19, 1990

The first black to be elected president in the 102-year history of the prestigious student-run law journal.

The son of a Kenyan economist and an American anthropologist, Obama is a tall man with a quick, boyish smile whose fellow students rib him about his trademark tattered blue jeans.

Two years later, Obama's parents separated and he moved to a small village outside Jakarta, Indonesia, with his mother, an anthropologist.....

After graduating, Obama landed a job writing manuals for a New York-based international trade publication. Once his college loans were paid off, he took a $13,000-a-year job as director for the Developing Communities Project, a church-based social action group in Chicago.

No one actually believes the President wasn't born in America, some people just like the way it sounds.

Exactly, Obama liked the way it sounded to be born in Kenya, it isn't deeper than that

Exactly- you just like to think that Obama said he was born in Kenya, because of your anti-Obama agenda.

It isn't deeper than that.

Again, British intelligence was not the only source for Bush's 16 words
Where in this sentence is it unclear to you that W’s statement was based on the British? Where does it say “and other sources?” I don’t see that. Can you point it out? “the British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."

And who knows why you think the CIA sent a political opponent of Bush? There's no evidence I'm aware of that Wilson was a political opponent of Bush in 2002?

Seriously? A Democrat from the Clinton Administration?

And you are ignoring the question still of who sent him and why and why anyone did that without knowing what the British intelligence was. What makes him relevant?

Says who? Once again, you're offering us innuendo, speculation, and baseless conjecture.

While still being explicitly contradicted by an eye witness account of the world's leading authority on the matter.

You simply don't know what you're talking about. While Miriam Goderich does.

Forum List

Back