is ted cruz eligible to run ??

Liberoids went batshit crazy when questions were asked about Obumbler's place of birth.

Now, still butthurt over that, they figure that they can "turn the tables" and seek some ironic solace by "challenging" Ted Cruz's Constitutional eligibility to be President -- since Cruz WAS born in Canada.

But then, they whinny and bray and whine and cry when their specious "arguments" get roundly, soundly, consistently and easily refuted.

It's actually funny to watch.

Who are the 'Liberals' that are arguing that Canadian born Cruz is not eligible?

Not me- so I have been seeing only Conservative nut jobs like Stevie the Racist arguing that Cruz is not eligible.

Cruz is a fine young man and a great American.

However, his father is a foreign national and as a result, he is not a natural born citizen of the United States, thus he is not eligible, due to the US Constitutional requirement that all President's must be such to qualify for the highest office.

As is nearly always the case, the founders of the United States and the Framers of the Constitution, sought to protect the Constitution, by only allowing those whose were born to TWO US CITIZENS, thus providing the highest likelihood that the individual would have been exposed to, thus would recognize, respect, defend and adhere to the principles on which the Constitution was written and which define America itself... and we have seen through the obama-nation, the catastrophic potential of allowing subversive factions turn from that high principle, as the one singular example of if a non-natural born citizen being appointed president, may well have crippled the United States.

So... doin' it again... just seems PROFOUNDLY foolish at this point.

But... as regrettable as THAT is... It's the black community that I feel the worst for.

I mean the election of obama has born out the worst accusations inherent in the worst of the racial stereotypes. And THAT is just a pitiful shame.

Cruz is a good man. HE might or might not qualify as good Presidential timber. But, the nationality of his father and the place of Ted's birth and the combination of those two things has no bearing whatsoever on whether Ted Cruz is Constitutionally eligible to be President. He was BORN a U.S. citizen and is thus a U.S. citizen from birth. He is an NBC.

Yes. It IS just that simple.

Cruz is an exemplary individual and a fine American. His father was a Foreign National... and yes.. Canada is not the US, despite their desperate desire to be counted as such... .

And as a result, he is not eligible for the Office of the United States. The Constitution is very clear.

Neither his dad's nationality nor his place of birth controls.

He was born the son of an American citizen mom. he was as American as apple pie AT birth.

Wait....ANOTHER conservative attacking Cruz's eligibility?

With every left leaning poster STILL defending Cruz's eligibility?

You were fucked from the start on your assertion that challenges to Cruz's eligibility were from the left. As almost all birthers are right wing.

I already said that for the most part (and maybe entirely) you lefties aren't HERE in this thread.

And yes, the racist piece of crap Steve Is one of the mutts making the claim here in this thread.

I congratulate you HERE for telling a schmuck like Steve that he doesn't have the foggiest damn notion of what he's yammering about. He is not just a mindless racist twat, but he's also wrong on this topic in this thread. (He's almost always wrong no matter what thread he's in, but that's just him).

So you are just a troll who spews out crap and then runs away.

Not a shock.

wrong on all counts. No surprise.

Unlike you, I'm not trolling at all.

I didn't spew any crap. Would be nice if you could say the same. And you can't. Not honestly anyway..

Sure- look at this crap you posted

left wing liberal Dumbocraps like Fakey like to raise the fake "issue" of eligibility because they are miffed that their Obamessiah was actually questioned concerning HIS own eligibility.

Yet in the very thread you posted that pile of crap, it is liberals like myself who are the ones confronting idiot conservatives like Stevie the Racist and saying that Cruz is indeed eligible.

The only times I have seen any 'liberals' raise the issue of Cruz's eligiblity has been to mock Birthers who pretended to care about Obama's eligiblity but who are in love with Cruz.

You just wanted to take a cheap shot at liberals- because that is what you do.
for the love of God, would you please let this thread die....:rolleyes:

Right after Cruz gets sworn in.

SEE what you started!??

:lol:
yeah... i see it... it's a beautiful thing... only in America

Who are the 'Liberals' that are arguing that Canadian born Cruz is not eligible?

Not me- so I have been seeing only Conservative nut jobs like Stevie the Racist arguing that Cruz is not eligible.

However, his father is a foreign national and as a result, he is not a natural born citizen of the United States, thus he is not eligible, due to the US Constitutional requirement that all President's must be such to qualify for the highest office.

As is nearly always the case, the founders of the United States and the Framers of the Constitution, sought to protect the Constitution, by only allowing those whose were born to TWO US CITIZENS, thus providing the highest likelihood that the individual would have been exposed to, thus would recognize, respect, defend and adhere to the principles on which the Constitution was written and which define America itself... and we have seen through the obama-nation, the catastrophic potential of allowing subversive factions turn from that high principle, as the one singular example of if a non-natural born citizen being appointed president, may well have crippled the United States.

But... as regrettable as THAT is... It's the black community that I feel the worst for.

I mean the election of obama has born out the worst accusations inherent in the worst of the racial stereotypes. And THAT is just a pitiful shame.

Cruz is a good man. HE might or might not qualify as good Presidential timber. But, the nationality of his father and the place of Ted's birth and the combination of those two things has no bearing whatsoever on whether Ted Cruz is Constitutionally eligible to be President. He was BORN a U.S. citizen and is thus a U.S. citizen from birth. He is an NBC.

Cruz is an exemplary individual and a fine American. His father was a Foreign National... and yes.. Canada is not the US, despite their desperate desire to be counted as such... .

And as a result, he is not eligible for the Office of the United States. The Constitution is very clear.

He was born the son of an American citizen mom. he was as American as apple pie AT birth.

Wait....ANOTHER conservative attacking Cruz's eligibility?

With every left leaning poster STILL defending Cruz's eligibility?

You were fucked from the start on your assertion that challenges to Cruz's eligibility were from the left. As almost all birthers are right wing.

The so called "birthers" are the ones who claimed that Obumbler was born in Kenya.

Try not to conflate terms, for starters.

Secondly, what I SAID (and have said since) is that numerous LIBERALS have attacked Cruz' alleged ineligibility based primarily on WHERE he was born. I did not say originally or since that those liberals were in THIS thread.

And I don't deny that some more or less conservative members of USMB also attack Cruz as allegedly being ineligible. Again, as i noted before, that's just politics. If you want some conservative candidate other than Cruz to get the nod, then it makes sense to knock off Cruz early.

The motivation of the lolberals who attack him as being supposedly ineligible is a bit more long term. Should Cruz end up down the road getting the GOP nod, you can mark this day on your calendar. MANY of the resident lolberals will then dutifully stake the claim that he is "ineligible."

I know you do, birther... .

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

And Keyes' tell in only 15 minutes. Well that was easy.

You can't show us the constitution saying that a natural born citizen is only someone born to two US citizens. You've ignored the Supreme Court indicating that natural born status follows PLACE of birth. You've ignored the dictionary saying the same thing....and it was your own source.

And predictably, you offer us your bizarre declaration of victory as you run.

Why even join a conversation you clearly not prepared to discuss?

OH~ The coveted Re-re-concession... always a delight.

The words "Natural Born Citizen" are plainly spoken and require no further explanation. Defined individually, with the sum of those concepts merged, as all effective, salient communication requires, the phrase is self explanatory.

There is ONLY one means by which citizenship occurs naturally... and that is where one man and one woman, each a citizen, join together to conceive a child, whose is a citizen, as a singular, natural consequence of the circumstances of their birth FROM CITIZENSHIP... with NO OTHER CONSIDERATION being relevant.

You may agree, you may disagree, you may celebrate the self-evident truth or you may weep and gnash your tooth... Nature and the law of nature which provides for such, could not care less, either way. The Law remains unaffected by your assent or dissent.

But with that said: Your Re-re-concession is again... duly noted and summarily accepted.

Last edited:
The so called "birthers" are the ones who claimed that Obumbler was born in Kenya.

NOooo... obama is the one who claimed that, which caused his publisher to claim it, which caused his Illinois Senatorial Website to claim it... and so on and so forth, until obama ran for President, at which time the websites were scrubbed and he became 'born in Hawaii'. Some people just know that the Constitution requires Kenyan born Senators to stay out of the Presidency and they refused to back down.

In truth, all anyone has ever asked for is evidence and to this moment, no valid evidence has come to pass.

So I don't really see any way for a valid argument contesting such to be brought and that is backed up by no such argument having been produced.

... Secondly, what I SAID (and have said since) is that numerous LIBERALS have attacked Cruz' alleged ineligibility based primarily on WHERE he was born.

Where he was born is quite literally irrelevant. If his parents were US citizens who happened to be abroad, he would still be a citizen, as a natural consequence of his parents being citizens. As he would have BORN FROM CITIZENSHIP.

The words "Natural Born Citizen" are plainly spoken and require no further explanation. Defined individually, with the sum of those concepts merged, as all salient requires, the phrase is self explanatory.

We've done the definition game before. You lost and abandoned your own source. The dictionary EXPLICITLY found that natural born status was based on place of birth. Watch:

And when you follow native born you get this:

Native born:

1. born in the place or country indicated:

Native-born Define Native-born at Dictionary.com

This is the dictionary, your own source. Your argument is so laughably inept that you've been forced to ignore your OWN SOURCES. The dictionary itself.

And of course my source is the Supreme Court. And it too simply destroys your silly nonsense:

Wong Kim Ark v. US said:
The principle embraced all persons born within the King's allegiance and subject to his protection. Such allegiance and protection were mutual -- as expressed in the maxim protectio trahit subjectionem, et subjectio protectionem -- and were not restricted to natural-born subjects and naturalized subjects, or to those who had taken an oath of allegiance, but were predicable of aliens in amity so long as they were within the kingdom. Children, born in England, of such aliens were therefore natural-born subjects.

Citing place of birth, not parentage. So you ignore the dictionary, ignore English Common Law AND ignore the Supreme Court. And instead cite yourself.

No one gives a shit what your personal opinion is on 'natural born', Keyes.

Do you have anything other than you citing your personal opinion? Is that really it?

... Secondly, what I SAID (and have said since) is that numerous LIBERALS have attacked Cruz' alleged ineligibility based primarily on WHERE he was born.

Where he was born is quite literally irrelevant. If his parents were US citizens who happened to be abroad, he would still be a citizen, as a natural consequence of his parents being citizens. As he would have BORN FROM CITIZENSHIP.

Says you. Citing yourself. And you're nobody.

The Supreme Court, English Common Law and the dictionary all contradict you. Why would I ignore them and instead believe you, citing your personal opinion?

It's a credit to republicans that Cruz's birth and personal history is open to the public. Too bad democrats don't have the same consideration for the American public. John McCain was not born in the continental US but they made an exception because his father was a Navy Admiral and he was born in the Panama Canal Zone.

The same rule used for McCain was used for Obama:
Because their mothers were U.S. Citizens, then they were considered already citizens regardless of birthplace,
by that interpretation. McCain was also argued to be born at military facilities which is considered U.S. jurisdiction.

Natural-born-citizen clause - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The problem is if people interpret "natural-born" to be LITERALLY born on U.S. soil as a Requirement,
and not just because "one or both parents are U.S. citizens" as this rule has been interpreted more loosely.

Skylar all I can say is this is not unlike the argument over the definition of marriage, and whether Courts have authority to force states to interpret this more loosely, while others are arguing the definition of marriage is male/female only. We either need to agree on the laws, rewrite them where we agree, or separate them from govt if we can't reconcile beliefs on this.

Well the nebulous 'left' you claim to cite isn't here. The birthers and their debunkers are.

Who are "The Birthers"?

Are they like "homophobes", which is a meaningless term conjured from the ether...

Those contesting Obama's eligibility to be president. Which would include you.

I don't contest the eligibility of obama. I state flat out, in no uncertain terms that obama is NOT eligible for the Presidency of the United States. And I state it on the irrefutable, incontestable, irrepressible FACT: obama IS NOT A NATURAL BORN CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES!

And THAT rests directly upon the FACT that to BE a natural born citizen of the United States, one's citizenship MUST be the natural consequence of one's BIRTH and the ONLY way that one's citizenship can be the natural consequence of one's birth is that BOTH PARENTS MUST BE A US CITIZEN... wherein the BIRTH WHICH STEMS FROM SUCH, IS BY THE VERY NATURE OF THAT CIRCUMSTANCE ITSELF.

We know this to be true, because the reasoning itself, is intellectually sound, logically valid and otherwise: incontestable, requiring no other justification, be it in geographical or legal terms. The very ACT of two citizens joining to bearing a child, inalterably produces a citizen.
Suuuure. Never mind, in almost 228 years since the ratification of the U.S. Constitution, there ever been such a definition codified in law.

We've so far had two presidents who did not qualify under the standards you suggest and we will likely have more in the future. Looks like you're never going to get your way. :dunno:

NOooo... obama is the one who claimed that, which caused his publisher to claim it, which caused his Illinois Senatorial Website to claim it... and so on and so forth, until obama ran for President, at which time the websites were scrubbed and he became 'born in Hawaii'. Some people just know that the Constitution requires Kenyan born Senators to stay out of the Presidency and they refused to back down.

In truth, all anyone has ever asked for is evidence and to this moment, no valid evidence has come to pass.

So I don't really see any way for a valid argument contesting such to be brought and that is backed up by no such argument having been produced.

Noo. His publicist listed it inaccurately on some propaganda piece like for a dust jacket? I kinda doubt that Obumbler even saw it. Or maybe he did and didn't care enough about it to correct the error.

His certification of live birth (practically a birth certificate?) says he was born in Hawaii. I looked. I would have been pleased to say that he is a Kenyan, but the evidence for THAT claim is purdy dang weak.

Nope. More birther bullshit.

You say that Obama claimed he was born in Kenya. The woman who put the pamphlet in question contradicts you:

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me--an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote in an emailed statement to Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Miriam Goderich

Born in Kenya Obama s Literary Agent Misidentified His Birthplace in 1991 - ABC News

In truth, you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. While Miriam Goderich is an eye witness and the world's leading authority on that pamphlet.

And of course, show us anything from his Senatorial Website to claim he was born in Kenya. You'll find you hallucinated that too.

And Obama's COLB settled that issue in 2007. Its prima facie evidence in any court of law.

You've simply ignored anything that you don't want to believe. Just like you ignored Miriam Goderich, the State of Hawaii, the Registrar of Records of Hawaii, Obama's COLB, an image of his LFBC sent by Hawaii, 2 separate confirmations by the State of Hawaii that Obama's LFBC image on the white house website matches their original records, the Secretary of State of Arizona confirming Obama was born in Hawaii, 2 newspapers where announcements of Obama's Hawaiian birth ran, and Chiyome Fukino the Director of the Department of Health of Hawaii who confirmed Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural born citizen of the United States.

There's nothing you won't ignore to cling to your little batshit conspiracy. But why would a rational person ignore any of what you do?

There is no reason.

Liberoids went batshit crazy when questions were asked about Obumbler's place of birth.

Now, still butthurt over that, they figure that they can "turn the tables" and seek some ironic solace by "challenging" Ted Cruz's Constitutional eligibility to be President -- since Cruz WAS born in Canada.

But then, they whinny and bray and whine and cry when their specious "arguments" get roundly, soundly, consistently and easily refuted.

It's actually funny to watch.

He was born the son of an American citizen mom. ...

Yep.. and a Canadian Father. Axiomatically, split loyalties.

And I agree, he is a fine American. An exemplary human being and a solid man of sound mind and solid leadership. I'm proud to be associated with him, as an American.

He's not a natural born citizen. And I take no pleasure in holding the position. It simply is the truth of the matter and it is no small matter.

For God's sake man, you are LIVING the consequences of having allowed a violation of it to pass... Sure, as exceptions go... Cruz is a first class example of such. But all that is going to do is OPEN THE DOOR TO RUINATION!

Fight this ... its not good and it has ALREADY BITTEN YA!

Skylar all I can say is this is not unlike the argument over the definition of marriage, and whether Courts have authority to force states to interpret this more loosely, while others are arguing the definition of marriage is male/female only. We either need to agree on the laws, rewrite them where we agree, or separate them from govt if we can't reconcile beliefs on this.

Oh, its quite different. As the weight of logic, reason, history, and the USSC come down on one side of this issue. As does the dictionary.

And its on natural born status being a product of place of birth.

Partly right. His MOM was a U.S. citizen. Thus, so is he. From the instant of birth. Even in Canada and even with a non Cunuck non U.S. citizen father.

Oh, its quite different. As the weight of logic, reason, history, and the USSC come down on one side of this issue. As does the dictionary.

If people keep interpreting Obama, McCain and Cruz as eligible to run, that will continue.
If you are saying Courts are backing up the literal meaning, then the people can change the written laws.
But they have to agree to do that.

Even if courts tell people you have to recognize gay marriage, if they don't they don't.
In the end, it is up to the people to decide govt policy and what represents or doesn't represent the will of the people.
It has to come from people, as a conscious agreed choice, or it won't last and will get destabilized if it isn't true consensus.

If people keep interpreting Obama, McCain and Cruz as eligible to run, that will continue.
If you are saying Courts are backing up the literal meaning, then the people can change the written laws.
But they have to agree to do that.

Even if courts tell people you have to recognize gay marriage, if they don't they don't.

This thread really isn't about gay marriage, Emily. And the courts don't tell people what they do or don't have to recognize. They tell the law.

You can believe what you like. Its wholy irrelevant to one's legal status.

In the end, it is up to the people to decide govt policy and what represents or doesn't represent the will of the people.
It has to come from people, as a conscious agreed choice, or it won't last and will get destabilized if it isn't true consensus.

People are going to disagree. Then what?

Noo. His publicist listed it inaccurately on some propaganda piece like for a dust jacket?

So its just you citing yourself as the supreme constitutional authority on the meaning of 'natural born' again?

How about Webster's Dictionary?

Natural: As a consequence of the nature of something

Born: existing as a result of birth

Citizen: a legally recognized subject or national of a state...

With me so far?

So when we place those concepts together it looks like this: Natural Born Citizen: As a consequence of the nature of existing as a result of birth by those individuals legally recognized as subjects or nationals of a state.

Now that's a lot to take in for you. But you take your time. Do you see how the citizenship is a natural consequence of the birth, stemming from the joining of one male and one female citizen? And this without regard to the law, or where the birth occurred... the citizenship is a natural consequence of BEING BORN TO CITIZENS.

There's absolutely NOTHING complex about any of it... yet there you are completely stymied by it.

I expect that there's a clue in there, somewhere.

Last edited:
People are going to disagree. Then what?

So people either agree to rewrite the laws where it matches what they agree on,
or if they can't agree, they agree to keep that out of the laws.

If they can't agree on gay marriage, they can agree to keep certain wording private and out of the laws.

For the issues of citizenship, voting, etc. by the time people address the real issues,
I think a lot of other laws can get changed, too. People may be more agreeable to
changes if the larger issues are addressed and resolved, so it satisfies multiple concerns on everyone's part.

I don't think this one issue is being treated or interpreted "literally by itself,"
but the larger context needs to be addressed for people to reach agreement.

Same with gay marriage, the whole "context around it" is causing the disagreements to get blown up bigger politically.

For this issue of what is a "natural born" "citizen," it is like two stickers on a Rubik's Cube. By the time you get those two in place, then the entire cube is also connected to the same solution to the question of "Why people born in America have rights by birth, regardless of behavior, even criminal acts, while law abiding people not born here don't have the same protections." And do we agree to change that, or not? [The gay marriage issue is related because of people arguing that gay is natural born, so that raises a similar issue of whether people are treated equally or not.]

Last edited:

Nope. More birther bullshit.

You say that Obama claimed he was born in Kenya. The woman who put the pamphlet in question contradicts you:

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me--an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote in an emailed statement to Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Miriam Goderich

Born in Kenya Obama s Literary Agent Misidentified His Birthplace in 1991 - ABC News

In truth, you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. While Miriam Goderich is an eye witness and the world's leading authority on that pamphlet.

And of course, show us anything from his Senatorial Website to claim he was born in Kenya. You'll find you hallucinated that too.

And Obama's COLB settled that issue in 2007. Its prima facie evidence in any court of law.

You've simply ignored anything that you don't want to believe. Just like you ignored Miriam Goderich, the State of Hawaii, the Registrar of Records of Hawaii, Obama's COLB, an image of his LFBC sent by Hawaii, 2 separate confirmations by the State of Hawaii that Obama's LFBC image on the white house website matches their original records, the Secretary of State of Arizona confirming Obama was born in Hawaii, 2 newspapers where announcements of Obama's Hawaiian birth ran, and Chiyome Fukino the Director of the Department of Health of Hawaii who confirmed Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural born citizen of the United States.

There's nothing you won't ignore to cling to your little batshit conspiracy. But why would a rational person ignore any of what you do?

There is no reason.
Hawaii Dept.Of Health has never in any official statement attested that the online 2007 COLB released online in 2008 is authentic and released by them.

Forum List

Back