Is the 2016 blizzard just a bad case of global warming?! Heh heh heh

We've had record snowfalls in many Eastern states over the last 48 hours.

Well, here's some direct quotes by experts in the past, I wonder how their predictions panned out. Let's not let the facts get in our way now, leftist whackjobs may proceed to put heads back in the sand, on the count of 3...

"Winters with strong frost and lots of snow like we had 20 years ago will cease to exist at our latitudes.”
Mojib Latif, Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Hamburg, 1 April 2000

Within a few years winter snowfall will become a very rare and exciting event. … Children just aren’t going to know what snow is.”
David Viner, Climatic Research Unit, University of East Anglia, 20 March 2000

--- and we had record high temps in December, continuing a string of several abnormal years in a row.

What's your point?
Several times over the past several decades patterns of heavy snowstorms were preceded by mild Decembers. This is all cyclical.

Where I live, we had a sizable amount of snow with this storm. It's January, it's winter, and as long as I can remember having lived here for over 40 years, it's likely to snow this time of year.
Funny how that happens repeatedly, eh?

It's like clockwork. It's winter, it gets cold, and it snows sometimes. I'm not one to bet but I would be willing to bet that when it's summer, it gets hot and we have thunderstorms. Strange how that works.

Well, here's some direct quotes by experts in the past, I wonder how their predictions panned out. Let's not let the facts get in our way now, leftist whackjobs may proceed to put heads back in the sand, on the count of 3...

"Winters with strong frost and lots of snow like we had 20 years ago will cease to exist at our latitudes.”

Within a few years winter snowfall will become a very rare and exciting event. … Children just aren’t going to know what snow is.”

--- and we had record high temps in December, continuing a string of several abnormal years in a row.

What's your point?
Several times over the past several decades patterns of heavy snowstorms were preceded by mild Decembers. This is all cyclical.

Where I live, we had a sizable amount of snow with this storm. It's January, it's winter, and as long as I can remember having lived here for over 40 years, it's likely to snow this time of year.

It's like clockwork. It's winter, it gets cold, and it snows sometimes. I'm not one to bet but I would be willing to bet that when it's summer, it gets hot and we have thunderstorms. Strange how that works.
Too bad we don't subsidized by gov grants to study that phenomenon.

What's your point?

Someone told me it also might have something to do with the Sun too. I'll have to look that up.
:eusa_whistle:

What's your point?

Someone told me it also might have something to do with the Sun too. I'll have to look that up.

And the amount of daylight, the sun's overhead location, etc. I find that as the days get longer, the temperature gets hotter. It happens annually.

And the amount of daylight, the sun's overhead location, etc. I find that as the days get longer, the temperature gets hotter. It happens annually.
847630d09e862755a42341601e5b3b7624f1403d95f8cc65778b2881f54a359f.jpg

:rock:

I live in the North East and I'm stuck in my neighborhood for at least 2 more days due to the record snowstorm. I just want to know from Global Warming experts on the Left, when does it actually get warm???

you don't understand that the extreme climate issues are related to climate change?

yah.. it's normal to have 25 inches of snow in NYC. :rolleyes:
Even though the past forecasters were predicting little or no snow? I understand there will be snow but two years in row of record snowfalls?

This winter we are getting lots of snow in the Cascades, but last winter, we had almost none. Average the two, and we are still short. And it is not just the Cascades.

Loss of Snowpack and Glaciers In Rockies Poses Water Threat by Ed Struzik: Yale Environment 360

When Rocky Mountain explorer Walter Wilcox hiked up to Bow Summit in Canada’s Banff National Park in 1896, he took a photo of a turquoise lake that later caught the eye of a National Geographic magazine editor. In the photo, which was eventually published, the glacier feeding the lake was just a mile upstream.

Since then, the snout of Peyto Glacier has receded more than three milesfrom the broad valley it carved out thousands of years ago. Remnants of ancient tree trunks the glacier bulldozed during those colder times are now being spit out in the wake of its recent retreat.

Scientists say that each year, the Peyto is losing as much as 3.5 million cubic meters of water — roughly the amount the city of Calgary, population 1.2 million, consumes in a day. About 70 percent of the Peyto’s ice mass is already gone, a retreat that will soon have a profound impact on the Mistaya and North Saskatchewan rivers, which the glacier helps nourish.

Walter Wilcox/Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies (top) - Theo Mlynowski via GlacierChange.org
Peyto Glacier from near the current Bow Summit viewing platform in 1896 and from the viewing platform in 2011.
The Peyto is a small example of much bigger things happening to glaciers and snowpack in the Rocky Mountains, which supply most of the stream flow west of the Mississippi River in the United States, as well as much of the water used in the Canadian provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba. Steadily rising temperatures are not only rapidly melting glaciers, but also have caused a 20 percent decline in spring snow cover throughout the Rockies since 1980, according to a study last year by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS).

That study said that equally as important as the decline of April snowpack is the timing of when that accumulated snow melts. As the Rocky Mountains warm, reduced winter snows are melting earlier in spring and summer, which can lead to a reduction in water supplies for drinking, irrigation, and hydropower production in key power-producing areas like the Columbia River basin in the Pacific Northwest. Runoff from snowpack alone provides 60 to 80 percent of the annual water supply for 70 million people in the American West, the USGS said.
I'll raise your junk science with some real inconvenient facts:

Thickening Of Karakoram Glaciers In Himalayas Confirmed; Scientists Baffled By Satellite Images

Start being baffled!

Last edited:
[FONT=source_sans_prolight]Thickening Of Karakoram Glaciers In Himalayas Confirmed; Scientists Baffled By Satellite Images[/FONT]
At a time when most of the world's glaciers are thinning at a double rate, a few Himalayan glaciers have been growing thicker for over a decade now.
New satellite images and data have proved that some glaciers on the Karakoram mountain range, a part of the Himalayas, have gained ice mass, according to a report published in the latest issue of the journal Nature Geoscience.
Assessments of the state of health of Hindu-Kush-Karakoram-Himalaya glaciers and their contribution to regional hydrology and global sea-level rise suffer from a severe lack of observations. An anomalous gain of mass has been suggested for the Karakoram glaciers, but was not confirmed by recent estimates of mass balance, the scientists at France's National Centre for Scientific Research and the University of Grenoble noted in the report, titled
Slight mass gain of Karakoram glaciers in the early twenty-first century.
Based on the images acquired from LANDSAT TM, which provides higher resolution and highly accurate images of the Earth's surface, scientists found that a few glaciers in the region surged and advanced between 1998 and 2008.

In many places in the world, there are a few glaciers that have gained in mass. But the vast majority have experianced major mass loss.

[FONT=source_sans_prolight]Sizing Up the Earth's Glaciers : Feature Articles[/FONT]

"Is the 2016 blizzard just a bad case of global warming?! Heh heh heh"

The thread premise is further evidence of the ignorance and stupidity common to most on the right concerning the subject.
Yes well of course, the left is always right including all the predictions and forecasts by the so called "scientific community" aka leftist hacks that never came to fruition. People forget that today's "scientific community" is a by-product of academia which is owned and run by the left, and, as a scientist or researcher if you want to keep your job your "results" better match the left's talking points, or else! It's really not that different from the liberal run media, you don't talk the talk and walk the walk, you aren't going to be part of their propaganda machine.

[FONT=source_sans_prolight]Thickening Of Karakoram Glaciers In Himalayas Confirmed; Scientists Baffled By Satellite Images[/FONT]
At a time when most of the world's glaciers are thinning at a double rate, a few Himalayan glaciers have been growing thicker for over a decade now.
New satellite images and data have proved that some glaciers on the Karakoram mountain range, a part of the Himalayas, have gained ice mass, according to a report published in the latest issue of the journal Nature Geoscience.
Assessments of the state of health of Hindu-Kush-Karakoram-Himalaya glaciers and their contribution to regional hydrology and global sea-level rise suffer from a severe lack of observations. An anomalous gain of mass has been suggested for the Karakoram glaciers, but was not confirmed by recent estimates of mass balance, the scientists at France's National Centre for Scientific Research and the University of Grenoble noted in the report, titled
Based on the images acquired from LANDSAT TM, which provides higher resolution and highly accurate images of the Earth's surface, scientists found that a few glaciers in the region surged and advanced between 1998 and 2008.

In many places in the world, there are a few glaciers that have gained in mass. But the vast majority have experianced major mass loss.

[FONT=source_sans_prolight]Sizing Up the Earth's Glaciers : Feature Articles[/FONT]
Yeah? That's strange, yet here are many more glaciers that are thickening as well. You see, the left is engaged in this propaganda war, and winning, unfortunately:

• India - Record snowfall revives 2,000 glaciers 17 Feb 11 - Already more snowfall this month than
    1998 record for the entire month. Think you'll see
    this in the mainstream media?

See India - Record snowfall revives 2,000 glaciers

• NORWAY Ålfotbreen Glacier
    Briksdalsbreen Glacier
    Nigardsbreen Glacier
    Hardangerjøkulen Glacier
    Hansebreen Glacier
    Jostefonn Glacier
    Engabreen glacier (The Engabreen glacier
    is the second largest glacier in Norway. It is a
    part (a glacial tongue) of the Svartisen glacier,
    which has steadily increased in mass since the
    1960s when heavier winter precipitation set in.)

• Norway's glaciers growing at record pace. The face of the Briksdal glacier,
    an off-shoot of the largest glacier in Norway and mainland Europe, is growing by an
    average 7.2 inches (18 cm) per day. (From the Norwegian daily Bergens Tidende.)

Click here to see mass balance of Norwegian glaciers:
    NVE - Forside

Choose "English" (at top of the page), choose "Water,"
    then "Hydrology,"then "Glaciers and Snow" from the menu.
    You'll see a list of all significant glaciers in Norway.
    (Thanks to Leif-K. Hansen for this info.)
  • CANADA
    Helm Glacier
    Place Glacier

Glaciers growing on Canada’s tallest mountain
    17 Nov 08 – The ice-covered peak of Yukon's soaring Mount Logan
    may be due for an official re-measurement after readings that suggest
    this country's superlative summit has experienced a growth spurt.
    See Glaciers growing on Canada’s tallest mountain
  • SWITZERLAND
    Silvretta Glacier
  • KIRGHIZTAN
    Abramov
  • RUSSIA
    Maali Glacier (This glacier is surging. See below)
    • GREENLAND See Greenland Icecap Growing Thicker
      Greenland glacier advancing 7.2 miles per year!
      The BBC recently ran
      a documentary, The Big Chill, saying that we could be on the verge of an ice
      age. Britain could be heading towards an Alaskan-type climate within a decade,
      say scientists, because the Gulf Stream is being gradually cut off. The Gulf
      Stream keeps temperatures unusually high for such a northerly latitude.
      One of Greenland’s largest glaciers has already doubled its rate of advance,
      moving forward at the rate of 12 kilometers (7.2 miles) per year. To see a
      transcript of the documentary,
      go to BBC - Science & Nature - Horizon - Big Chill

Greenland Ice Sheet Growing Thicker

4 Nov 05 - After gathering data for more than ten years, a team of
      Norwegian-led scientists has found that the Greenland Ice Sheet is
      actually growing thicker at its interior. See Greenland Ice Sheet Growing Thicker

Rebellious Greenland Glacier Keeps Growing

26 July 10 - Berlingske Glacier has steadily grown for the past
      100 years. And yet, it's not counted in the glacier inventory. Why
      haven't we heard about this growing glacier?
      See Rebellious Greenland Glacier Keeps Growing

• CHILE
      Pio XI, the largest glacier in South America, grows
      50 meters in height, length and density every day.
      See Pio XI - Largest glacier in Chile - Growing every day
    • NEW ZEALAND
      All 48 glaciers in the Southern Alps have grown during the past year.
      The growth is at the head of the glaciers, high in the mountains, where they
      gained more ice than they lost. Noticeable growth should be seen at the
      foot of the Fox and Franz Josef glaciers within two to three years.(27 May 2003)
      See New Zealand Glaciers Growing

Fox, Franz Josef glaciers defy trend - New Zealand's
      two best-known glaciers are still on the march

31 Jan 07 - See Franz Josef Glacier still on the march

SeealsoPesky New Zealand Glaciers Growing

See also: Contrarian New Zealand Glaciers Keep Growing

• ARGENTINA
      Argentina's Perito Moreno Glacier, the largest glacier in Patagonia,
      is advancing at the rate of 7 feet per day. The 250 km² ice formation,
      30 km long, is one of 48 glaciers fed by the Southern Patagonian Ice
      Field. This ice field, located in the Andes system shared with Chile,
      is the world's third largest reserve of fresh water.
      Perito Moreno Glacier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• UNITED STATES
      - Colorado (scroll down to see AP article)
      - Washington (Mount St. Helens, Mt. Rainier* and Mt. Shuksan
      - California (Mount Shasta - scroll down for info)
      - Montana (scroll down for info)
      - Glacier Peak, WA (scroll down for info
      - Alaska (Mt. McKinley and Hubbard).
    • SPAIN
      Glaciers growing in Spain (Pyrinees)

10 Jan 11 - El glaciar del Infierno (glacier of Hell) has advanced.
      The mainstream media seems to have somehow missed this.

See Glaciers growing in Spain (Pyrinees)

• Antarctica growing colder - Ice expanding
      18 Apr 09 - "Ice is expanding in much of Antarctica," says this
      article. In addition, the South Pole has shown "significant cooling
      in recent decades".
      See Antarctica growing colder - Ice expanding

• Antarctic ice grows to record levels 13 Sep 07 - While the Antarctic Peninsula area has warmed
      in recent years and ice near it diminished during the Southern
      Hemisphere summer, the interior of Antarctica has been colder
      and ice elsewhere has been more extensive and longer lasting,See Antarctic ice grows to record levels

• Antarctica's Filchner-Ronne Ice Shelf is growing
      7 Dec 05 – Scientists Joughin and Bamber re-evaluated the mass balances
      of the ice in Antarctica. "It is clear from the results of this study that the
      Filchner-Ronne Ice Shelf is not rapidly, or even slowly, wasting away.
      Quite to the contrary, it is growing."
      See Antarctica's Filchner-Ronne Ice Shelf growing

• Alaska's Hubbard Glacier advancing 7 feet per day!
      10 May 09 – This from climatologist Cliff Harris of the Coeur d’Alene Press.
      It's possible that the glacier could close the fjord by later this summer if the
      current rate speeds up, says Harris.
      See Alaska's Hubbard Glacier advancing 7 feet per day!

• Global Warming? New Data Shows Ice Is Back
      19 Feb 08 - A Feb. 18 report in the London Daily Express showed that there is nearly
      a third more ice in Antarctica than usual, challenging the global warming crusaders and
      buttressing arguments of skeptics who deny that the world is undergoing global warming.
      See Most snow cover since 1966

• Mount St. Helens’ Crater Glacier Advancing Three Feet Per Day
      25 Jun 07 - See Crater Glacier

• Against odds, glacier grows in cauldron of Mt. St. Helens15 May 08 – See Glacier grows in cauldron of Mt. St. Helens

• Mount St. Helens glacier (Crater Glacier) growing 50 feet per year
      September 20, 2004 - See Mount St. Helens
    Largest glacier in Argentina advancing
    15 Jun 09 – "Argentina's Perito Moreno glacier is (supposedly) one of only a few ice fields worldwide that have withstood rising global temperatures.”
    See Largest glacier in Argentina advancing

Perito_Moreno_Glacier.jpg

Alaska's Hubbard Glacier advancing 7 feet per day!

It's possible that the glacier could close the fjord by later this summer if the

Glaciers growing on Glacier Peak, WA

16 Oct 08 – Email from reader
    Before I moved to CO in 2005 it was obvious that the glaciers and snow
    had receded and rock was visible in areas all the way to the peak. The glaciers
    and snow are back now ... completely covered in white from top to bottom,
    and this is after the "warm" summer months here in the PNW.
    See Glaciers growing on Glacier Peak, WA

Glaciers in Norway Growing AgainScandinavian nation reverses trend, mirrors
    results in Alaska, elsewhere, reports the Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Directorate.
    See Glaciers in Norway Growing Again

Svartisen_Glacier_Norway.jpg

Glaciers in western Himalayas thickening and expanding
    Arctic ice cover above it’s 30-year average
    23 Nov 08 - A study published by the American Meteorological Society
    found that glaciers are only shrinking in the eastern Himalayas. Further
    west, in the Hindu Kush and the Karakoram, glaciers are "thickening
    and expanding".
    See Glaciers in western Himalayas thickening and expanding
    Alaskan Glaciers Grow for First Time in 250 years

16 Oct 08 - High snowfall and cold weather to blame leading
    to the increase in glacial mass.
    See Alaskan Glaciers Grow for First Time in 250 years
    .Growing Alaskan glaciers the start of a new Little Ice Age?
    14 Oct 08 – “Never before in the history of a research project dating back
    to 1946 had the Juneau Icefield witnessed the kind of snow buildup that
    came this year. It was similar on a lot of other glaciers too.
    See Growing Alaskan glaciers the start of a new Little Ice Age?
    .Himalayan Glaciers Not Shrinking
    Glacial Experts Question Theory of Global Warming

15 Feb 07 - See Himalayan Glaciers Not Shrinking

Really? overall, the climate is warming, heaven forbid we go into a greenhouse effect and end up like Venus. Then you will be shoveling molten lead of yer sidewalk. Please.

What's your point?
Point is these are supposed scientists and experts, and their predictions failed epically. Just like Al Gore's prediction that the polar caps would be entirely melted by 2013 and we'd all be under 10 feet of water now. :cuckoo:

And you think that somehow precludes snow from falling?

Bizarro.

Two years in a row of record snowfall, despite the fact that scientists predicted that by now we wouldn't have any snow at all. But wait, it all fits into the global warming theory! Ha ha ha.
I'm beginning to suspect that snow, like "wealth", is limited in quantity. There is only so much "snow pie" to go around, just like there is apparently only some much wealth pie to be divvied up. The last two years in Alaska have been practically snow-free (by normal AK standards) and our snow seems to have been redistributed south.
If only plant growth were governed by temperature and snow fall more than it is by distribution of sunlight/daily...

Really? overall, the climate is warming, heaven forbid we go into a greenhouse effect and end up like Venus. Then you will be shoveling molten lead of yer sidewalk. Please.

I haven't seen any drops in temps. Ski resorts are operating at full capacity for the last 5 years. The facts point towards the sun going through a long dormant period which could mean a mini ice age. Which is what the left had told us would happen. Heaven forbid. We should actually be more concerned about that.

What I can't figure out is how a foot or two if snow shuts down a whole city. In the south 6 inches causes upheaval.. Why are people down there so soft? Why can't they deal with some snow? Global warming or not, a foot or two of snow should not shut down anything. Softies.

What's your point?
Point is these are supposed scientists and experts, and their predictions failed epically. Just like Al Gore's prediction that the polar caps would be entirely melted by 2013 and we'd all be under 10 feet of water now. :cuckoo:

Bizarro.

Two years in a row of record snowfall, despite the fact that scientists predicted that by now we wouldn't have any snow at all. But wait, it all fits into the global warming theory! Ha ha ha.
I'm beginning to suspect that snow, like "wealth", is limited in quantity. There is only so much "snow pie" to go around, just like there is apparently only some much wealth pie to be divvied up. The last two years in Alaska have been practically snow-free (by normal AK standards) and our snow seems to have been redistributed south.
If only plant growth were governed by temperature and snow fall more than it is by distribution of sunlight/daily...

Correct, natural tilts in the earths axis causes shifts and unusual climate changes, and created the last major ice age. Man's arrogance says that we are responsible for the climate change.

Yeah? That's strange, yet here are many more glaciers that are thickening as well. You see, the left is engaged in this propaganda war, and winning, unfortunately:

• India - Record snowfall revives 2,000 glaciers 17 Feb 11 - Already more snowfall this month than
    1998 record for the entire month. Think you'll see
    this in the mainstream media?

See India - Record snowfall revives 2,000 glaciers

• NORWAY Ålfotbreen Glacier
    Briksdalsbreen Glacier
    Nigardsbreen Glacier
    Hardangerjøkulen Glacier
    Hansebreen Glacier
    Jostefonn Glacier
    Engabreen glacier (The Engabreen glacier
    is the second largest glacier in Norway. It is a
    part (a glacial tongue) of the Svartisen glacier,
    which has steadily increased in mass since the
    1960s when heavier winter precipitation set in.)

• Norway's glaciers growing at record pace. The face of the Briksdal glacier,
    an off-shoot of the largest glacier in Norway and mainland Europe, is growing by an
    average 7.2 inches (18 cm) per day. (From the Norwegian daily Bergens Tidende.)

Click here to see mass balance of Norwegian glaciers:
    NVE - Forside

Choose "English" (at top of the page), choose "Water,"
    then "Hydrology,"then "Glaciers and Snow" from the menu.
    You'll see a list of all significant glaciers in Norway.
    (Thanks to Leif-K. Hansen for this info.)
  • CANADA
    Helm Glacier
    Place Glacier

Glaciers growing on Canada’s tallest mountain
    17 Nov 08 – The ice-covered peak of Yukon's soaring Mount Logan
    may be due for an official re-measurement after readings that suggest
    this country's superlative summit has experienced a growth spurt.
    See Glaciers growing on Canada’s tallest mountain
  • SWITZERLAND
    Silvretta Glacier
  • KIRGHIZTAN
    Abramov
  • RUSSIA
    Maali Glacier (This glacier is surging. See below)
    • GREENLAND See Greenland Icecap Growing Thicker
      Greenland glacier advancing 7.2 miles per year!
      The BBC recently ran
      a documentary, The Big Chill, saying that we could be on the verge of an ice
      age. Britain could be heading towards an Alaskan-type climate within a decade,
      say scientists, because the Gulf Stream is being gradually cut off. The Gulf
      Stream keeps temperatures unusually high for such a northerly latitude.
      One of Greenland’s largest glaciers has already doubled its rate of advance,
      moving forward at the rate of 12 kilometers (7.2 miles) per year. To see a
      transcript of the documentary,
      go to BBC - Science & Nature - Horizon - Big Chill

Greenland Ice Sheet Growing Thicker

4 Nov 05 - After gathering data for more than ten years, a team of
      Norwegian-led scientists has found that the Greenland Ice Sheet is
      actually growing thicker at its interior. See Greenland Ice Sheet Growing Thicker

Rebellious Greenland Glacier Keeps Growing

26 July 10 - Berlingske Glacier has steadily grown for the past
      100 years. And yet, it's not counted in the glacier inventory. Why
      haven't we heard about this growing glacier?
      See Rebellious Greenland Glacier Keeps Growing

• CHILE
      Pio XI, the largest glacier in South America, grows
      50 meters in height, length and density every day.
      See Pio XI - Largest glacier in Chile - Growing every day
    • NEW ZEALAND
      All 48 glaciers in the Southern Alps have grown during the past year.
      The growth is at the head of the glaciers, high in the mountains, where they
      gained more ice than they lost. Noticeable growth should be seen at the
      foot of the Fox and Franz Josef glaciers within two to three years.(27 May 2003)
      See New Zealand Glaciers Growing

Fox, Franz Josef glaciers defy trend - New Zealand's
      two best-known glaciers are still on the march

31 Jan 07 - See Franz Josef Glacier still on the march

SeealsoPesky New Zealand Glaciers Growing

See also: Contrarian New Zealand Glaciers Keep Growing

• ARGENTINA
      Argentina's Perito Moreno Glacier, the largest glacier in Patagonia,
      is advancing at the rate of 7 feet per day. The 250 km² ice formation,
      30 km long, is one of 48 glaciers fed by the Southern Patagonian Ice
      Field. This ice field, located in the Andes system shared with Chile,
      is the world's third largest reserve of fresh water.
      Perito Moreno Glacier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• UNITED STATES
      - Colorado (scroll down to see AP article)
      - Washington (Mount St. Helens, Mt. Rainier* and Mt. Shuksan
      - California (Mount Shasta - scroll down for info)
      - Montana (scroll down for info)
      - Glacier Peak, WA (scroll down for info
      - Alaska (Mt. McKinley and Hubbard).
    • SPAIN
      Glaciers growing in Spain (Pyrinees)

10 Jan 11 - El glaciar del Infierno (glacier of Hell) has advanced.
      The mainstream media seems to have somehow missed this.

See Glaciers growing in Spain (Pyrinees)

• Antarctica growing colder - Ice expanding
      18 Apr 09 - "Ice is expanding in much of Antarctica," says this
      article. In addition, the South Pole has shown "significant cooling
      in recent decades".
      See Antarctica growing colder - Ice expanding

• Antarctic ice grows to record levels 13 Sep 07 - While the Antarctic Peninsula area has warmed
      in recent years and ice near it diminished during the Southern
      Hemisphere summer, the interior of Antarctica has been colder
      and ice elsewhere has been more extensive and longer lasting,See Antarctic ice grows to record levels

• Antarctica's Filchner-Ronne Ice Shelf is growing
      7 Dec 05 – Scientists Joughin and Bamber re-evaluated the mass balances
      of the ice in Antarctica. "It is clear from the results of this study that the
      Filchner-Ronne Ice Shelf is not rapidly, or even slowly, wasting away.
      Quite to the contrary, it is growing."
      See Antarctica's Filchner-Ronne Ice Shelf growing

• Alaska's Hubbard Glacier advancing 7 feet per day!

• Global Warming? New Data Shows Ice Is Back
      19 Feb 08 - A Feb. 18 report in the London Daily Express showed that there is nearly
      a third more ice in Antarctica than usual, challenging the global warming crusaders and
      buttressing arguments of skeptics who deny that the world is undergoing global warming.
      See Most snow cover since 1966

• Mount St. Helens’ Crater Glacier Advancing Three Feet Per Day
      25 Jun 07 - See Crater Glacier

• Against odds, glacier grows in cauldron of Mt. St. Helens15 May 08 – See Glacier grows in cauldron of Mt. St. Helens

• Mount St. Helens glacier (Crater Glacier) growing 50 feet per year
      September 20, 2004 - See Mount St. Helens
    Largest glacier in Argentina advancing
    15 Jun 09 – "Argentina's Perito Moreno glacier is (supposedly) one of only a few ice fields worldwide that have withstood rising global temperatures.”
    See Largest glacier in Argentina advancing

Perito_Moreno_Glacier.jpg

Alaska's Hubbard Glacier advancing 7 feet per day!

Glaciers growing on Glacier Peak, WA

16 Oct 08 – Email from reader
    Before I moved to CO in 2005 it was obvious that the glaciers and snow
    had receded and rock was visible in areas all the way to the peak. The glaciers
    and snow are back now ... completely covered in white from top to bottom,
    and this is after the "warm" summer months here in the PNW.
    See Glaciers growing on Glacier Peak, WA

Glaciers in Norway Growing AgainScandinavian nation reverses trend, mirrors
    results in Alaska, elsewhere, reports the Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Directorate.
    See Glaciers in Norway Growing Again

Svartisen_Glacier_Norway.jpg

Glaciers in western Himalayas thickening and expanding
    Arctic ice cover above it’s 30-year average
    23 Nov 08 - A study published by the American Meteorological Society
    found that glaciers are only shrinking in the eastern Himalayas. Further
    west, in the Hindu Kush and the Karakoram, glaciers are "thickening
    and expanding".
    See Glaciers in western Himalayas thickening and expanding
    Alaskan Glaciers Grow for First Time in 250 years

16 Oct 08 - High snowfall and cold weather to blame leading
    to the increase in glacial mass.
    See Alaskan Glaciers Grow for First Time in 250 years
    .Growing Alaskan glaciers the start of a new Little Ice Age?
    14 Oct 08 – “Never before in the history of a research project dating back
    to 1946 had the Juneau Icefield witnessed the kind of snow buildup that
    came this year. It was similar on a lot of other glaciers too.
    See Growing Alaskan glaciers the start of a new Little Ice Age?
    .Himalayan Glaciers Not Shrinking
    Glacial Experts Question Theory of Global Warming

15 Feb 07 - See Himalayan Glaciers Not Shrinking
Are you Mexican or Okie? Nicest job of cherry picking I have seen in a long time.

Yes, glaciers occasionally surge when we get one or two years of heavy precipitation. But if one reviews the photographic records provided by the USGS, you can clearly see the vast majority of glaciers have been undergoing rapid recession. And I certainly trust the USGS far more than some anonymous poster.

What I can't figure out is how a foot or two if snow shuts down a whole city. In the south 6 inches causes upheaval.. Why are people down there so soft? Why can't they deal with some snow? Global warming or not, a foot or two of snow should not shut down anything. Softies.
A foot or two of snow is a weekly occurrence in a ski resort or city or town that is located in the mountains, and they are equipped to handle it. It's another thing in highly populated urban areas.

What's your point?

Bizarro.

Correct, natural tilts in the earths axis causes shifts and unusual climate changes, and created the last major ice age. Man's arrogance says that we are responsible for the climate change.
Roudy's ignorance is a product of his arrogance that says someone that has not done even minimal research is smarter that scientists with decades of study on the subject.

Forum List

Back