Is the 2016 blizzard just a bad case of global warming?! Heh heh heh

We've had record snowfalls in many Eastern states over the last 48 hours.

Well, here's some direct quotes by experts in the past, I wonder how their predictions panned out. Let's not let the facts get in our way now, leftist whackjobs may proceed to put heads back in the sand, on the count of 3...

"Winters with strong frost and lots of snow like we had 20 years ago will cease to exist at our latitudes.”
Mojib Latif, Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Hamburg, 1 April 2000

Within a few years winter snowfall will become a very rare and exciting event. … Children just aren’t going to know what snow is.”
David Viner, Climatic Research Unit, University of East Anglia, 20 March 2000

--- and we had record high temps in December, continuing a string of several abnormal years in a row.

What's your point?
Point is these are supposed scientists and experts, and their predictions failed epically. Just like Al Gore's prediction that the polar caps would be entirely melted by 2013 and we'd all be under 10 feet of water now. :cuckoo:

And you think that somehow precludes snow from falling?

Bizarro.
i think he was more raising the concern that the people he mentioned were wrong. I believe that was his point.

We've had record snowfalls in many Eastern states over the last 48 hours.

Well, here's some direct quotes by experts in the past, I wonder how their predictions panned out. Let's not let the facts get in our way now, leftist whackjobs may proceed to put heads back in the sand, on the count of 3...

"Winters with strong frost and lots of snow like we had 20 years ago will cease to exist at our latitudes.”
Mojib Latif, Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Hamburg, 1 April 2000

Within a few years winter snowfall will become a very rare and exciting event. … Children just aren’t going to know what snow is.”
David Viner, Climatic Research Unit, University of East Anglia, 20 March 2000

--- and we had record high temps in December, continuing a string of several abnormal years in a row.

What's your point?
Point is these are supposed scientists and experts, and their predictions failed epically. Just like Al Gore's prediction that the polar caps would be entirely melted by 2013 and we'd all be under 10 feet of water now. :cuckoo:

And you think that somehow precludes snow from falling?

Bizarro.
i think he was more raising the concern that the people he mentioned were wrong. I believe that was his point.

Yeah thanks, they've been wrong, many times. So "they" have no credibility. These so called scientists and researchers are products of today's leftist academia, and whatever crazy theory the left decides to promote, academia, the scientific community, and the media will repeat and promote in unison.

Anybody who thinks scientists check their politics at the door is dreaming. Just as there are no objective journalists any longer, there are hardly any objective scientists either.

image_large

Last edited:
Who to believe?

image002.jpg

417noeur9ml-_sl500_aa300_.jpg

Ice-Age.png

1977-time-global-cooling-crisis.jpg
A real thinking person would ask themselves, "What made them change their minds so fast?" Maybe this:

Ice age delayed by humans... by 100,000 years - CNN.com
Funny! Scientists back in the 70's were sure 100% that greenhouse gases would not be enough to stop the oncoming ice age, no way, no how. In other words, today's claims by "the scientific community" have been totally debunked by yesterday's scientific community. So which scientific community are we to believe? A. Neither!

Read and weep:

CW009dqU8AEx4Mz.png

A real thinking person would ask themselves, "What made them change their minds so fast?" Maybe this:
Funny! Scientists back in the 70's were sure 100% that greenhouse gases would not be enough to stop the oncoming ice age, no way, no how. In other words, today's claims by "the scientific community" have been totally debunked by yesterday's scientific community. So which scientific community are we to believe? A. Neither! Read and weep:

CW009dqU8AEx4Mz.png
The answer to your post is in the post you cited. Did you even bother to read it? THEY CHANGED THEIR MINDS when new data became available. That's how science works. You seem to think scientific opinions are like moral principles, you can't change them without becoming a hypocrite. That's NOT how science works.

Funny! Scientists back in the 70's were sure 100% that greenhouse gases would not be enough to stop the oncoming ice age, no way, no how. In other words, today's claims by "the scientific community" have been totally debunked by yesterday's scientific community. So which scientific community are we to believe? A. Neither! Read and weep:

CW009dqU8AEx4Mz.png
The answer to your post is in the post you cited. Did you even bother to read it? THEY CHANGED THEIR MINDS when new data became available. That's how science works. You seem to think scientific opinions are like moral principles, you can't change them without becoming a hypocrite. That's NOT how science works.

I don't think you read my posted article properly then. The "scientists" took into account greenhouse gases and the amount that it warmed up the earth's surface, extrapolated it over decades, and concluded that the earth will still cool far more and faster than the effects of the greenhouse gases, therefore, we are definitely heading towards an ice age.

So what happened? Where did they go wrong? Exactly where they went wrong today, concocted biased research designed to come up with a predetermined conclusion. The Sun is going to go through a period of inactivity which will last decades, which means global cooling, period. The Sun does not have a political affiliation. In a few years they're going to look at the global warming crowd the same way we look at the global cooling iceage crowd of the 70's, with chuckles.

CW009dqU8AEx4Mz.png

I don't think you read my posted article properly then. The "scientists" took into account greenhouse gases and the amount that it warmed up the earth's surface, extrapolated it over decades, and concluded that the earth will still cool far more and faster than the effects of the greenhouse gases, therefore, we are definitely heading towards an ice age.So what happened? Where did they go wrong? Exactly where they went wrong today, concocted biased research designed to come up with a predetermined conclusion. The Sun is going to go through a period of inactivity which will last decades, which means global cooling, period. The Sun does not have a political affiliation. In a few years they're going to look at the global warming crowd the same way we look at the global cooling iceage crowd of the 70's, with chuckles.
All I see mentioned is CO2. What about water vapor, the most potent GHG? More CO2, more temp, more water vapor, more temp. The only chuckles I see are that you've been taken in by incomplete data and the lack of knowledge to identify the holes in the cited paper's logic.

I don't think you read my posted article properly then. The "scientists" took into account greenhouse gases and the amount that it warmed up the earth's surface, extrapolated it over decades, and concluded that the earth will still cool far more and faster than the effects of the greenhouse gases, therefore, we are definitely heading towards an ice age.So what happened? Where did they go wrong? Exactly where they went wrong today, concocted biased research designed to come up with a predetermined conclusion. The Sun is going to go through a period of inactivity which will last decades, which means global cooling, period. The Sun does not have a political affiliation. In a few years they're going to look at the global warming crowd the same way we look at the global cooling iceage crowd of the 70's, with chuckles.
All I see mentioned is CO2. What about water vapor, the most potent GHG? More CO2, more temp, more water vapor, more temp. The only chuckles I see are that you've been taken in by incomplete data and the lack of knowledge to identify the holes in the cited paper's logic.
Stay focused, water vapor is caused by rising surface temps, which is caused by CO2. Duh. These are all cause and effect of greenhouse gases. And yet the scientists in the 70's said that would still not be enough to stop the earth's eventual slide towards an ice age.

Within a few years winter snowfall will become a very rare and exciting event.
A. Just because things are warmer, doesn't necessarily mean there will be less snow. Warm up by 5 degrees and it will still snow, as long as the temp is under 32 F.

B. Watch the news and you'll see what an exciting event snow is. If it happened all the time, do you think TV would devote so much time to it?

Yeah but two years in a row of record snowfalls? Come on.

So what you're saying is that if it snows, it's because of global warming. Ya ok.
If it snows, it's global warming. If it doesn't snow, it's global warming. If it rains, it's global warming. If it doesn't rain, it's global warming. What the Gorbal warming crowd seems to (conveniently) ignore is, the climate is variable. It's Nature. Too bad so many are so blinded by their political and religious belief that people (evil, ill-intentioned creatures) MUST be responsible for so much "harm".

What the fuck are we going to do about it.

Will it take violence?

A. Just because things are warmer, doesn't necessarily mean there will be less snow. Warm up by 5 degrees and it will still snow, as long as the temp is under 32 F.

B. Watch the news and you'll see what an exciting event snow is. If it happened all the time, do you think TV would devote so much time to it?

So what you're saying is that if it snows, it's because of global warming. Ya ok.
If it snows, it's global warming. If it doesn't snow, it's global warming. If it rains, it's global warming. If it doesn't rain, it's global warming. What the Gorbal warming crowd seems to (conveniently) ignore is, the climate is variable. It's Nature. Too bad so many are so blinded by their political and religious belief that people (evil, ill-intentioned creatures) MUST be responsible for so much "harm".
Well one thing for sure, whether it's the bogus ice age theory of the 70's or the current bogus global warming theory, humans are always to blame!

Well one thing for sure, whether it's the bogus ice age theory of the 70's or the current bogus global warming theory, humans are always to blame!
How else could the PC establishment cash in on our guilt?

Two years in a row of record snowfall, despite the fact that scientists predicted that by now we wouldn't have any snow at all. But wait, it all fits into the global warming theory! Ha ha ha.
It is just like the libtard predictions of more hurricanes and worse hurricanes each year, then *poof* we have few and tiny hurricanes for the most part instead and they Warmistas shut up about it till the next bad one.

These people are so predictable that they defy the ability of the best con man to grasp what the hell they are doing. They make no sense at all.

FYI that fuse on Mohammad's head is contributing to global warming.

:blowup:

I bet the radical leftist idiots demonized and harassed anybody that questioned the findings of these so called scientists regarding global cooling, just like they are today with global warming.

CRodhLAVAAADroE.png

Last edited:
The sky is falling! The icebergs are melting!

The scientists have agreed on this, it's irrefutable! Head for the hills!

1970s-cooling-headlines%20-web.gif

Forum List

Back