Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

Yes, Dems, Republicans are responsible for "The Summer of Recovery Part II: Rise of the ATM's"

Once again, whatever any of this think the Dems did or did not do, has no impact on the conversation about the GOP preventing a recovery.

I have seen nothing from the GOP that is pro-jobs, so I for one agree that they are preventing a recovery.

The republicans are the same as the democrats - "pro self" - reelection at any cost.

Moron. I can make stupid insults too. Did you hear corporations have record cash on hand? Cutting taxes AGAIN AND AGAIN MAKE NO DIFFERENCE. Jobs, Jobs, jobs got Pubs elected, and they block all jobs bills. People are getting their bs, except morons.
Corporations have record cash on hand because they're reluctant to invest in expansion during this Administration's astounding hostility to business.

Why should they, when they know their success will be punished?

Raising their taxes will get them to invest. LOL!

Yes. People actually believe that nonsense. :cuckoo:

Moron. I can make stupid insults too. Did you hear corporations have record cash on hand? Cutting taxes AGAIN AND AGAIN MAKE NO DIFFERENCE. Jobs, Jobs, jobs got Pubs elected, and they block all jobs bills. People are getting their bs, except morons.
Corporations have record cash on hand because they're reluctant to invest in expansion during this Administration's astounding hostility to business.

Right, the stock market has gone through the roof since Obama became president because the business community thinks he's out to destroy American business...

...do you EVER think before you post?

And I guess the stock market was LOWER over the course of Bush's eight years as president because it was reflecting the optimism and support for the GOP's management of the economy.
Do you have an explanation for why corps aren't expanding? Degree of difficulty: No nonsense about making Obama look bad or helping their cronies in the GOP.

You have to be very naive to think the Republicans in Congress, especially the leadership, are not capable of willfully attempting to sabotage or at least hinder the economy recovery for the sake of political gain.

Indeed. You'd also have to be very naive to think the Democrats aren't capable of wrecking the economy for political gain.

When your goal is more and more people dependent on government, a strong, healthy economy will not advance that.

You have to be very naive to think the Republicans in Congress, especially the leadership, are not capable of willfully attempting to sabotage or at least hinder the economy recovery for the sake of political gain.

Indeed. You'd also have to be very naive to think the Democrats aren't capable of wrecking the economy for political gain.

When your goal is more and more people dependent on government, a strong, healthy economy will not advance that.

Good point Dave

Papa Obama in going after our Progressive Utopia has made himself supreme
in destroying jobs- the people will need gov't even more!

Indeed, just before the Capitalists could give us a good screwing over, he saved us...
Papa is the best "Job Blocker" to ever come along
:eusa_angel:

obamastanding-i2943.jpg

Last edited:
Liberals are absolutely incapable of taking responsibility for their own actions.

It's always someone else's fault.

Republicans Blame Democrats for possible government shutdown - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Republican Boehner puts budget impasse blame on Democrats | AHN

Republican candidate: Obama, BP ‘colluded’ to make oil spill happen | The Raw Story

Republicans blame each other for bill failure » Times Record News

Blaming Rush Limbaugh and Conservatism for Republican Woes - HUMAN EVENTS

To be fair, the search produced just as many articles describing the blaming tactics of the democrats - I found the last two links positively funny.

Politics in America.
10_9_136v1.gif

15 out of 18 bills passed are for naming new buildings?

Fire them all.

Of cousre partisan hacks on both sides will be busy re-electing them.

Can any of you hacks address this ....

15 out of 18 bills were passed for naming new buildings....SERIOUSLY, DEAL WITH THIS FOR A SECOND PLEASE.

I'd be happy if congress never passed another bill.

I'd be happy if congress hadn't passed a bill since PAYGO expired in 2003.

Can any of you hacks address this ....

15 out of 18 bills were passed for naming new buildings....SERIOUSLY, DEAL WITH THIS FOR A SECOND PLEASE.

I agree

We need some real control over any Congress and any President when it comes to the US spending.

Not sure what?
-balanced budget amendment
-2/3 majority to deficit spend

term limits as well

Some people are saying no, see the 'argument' against, here:

Schumer's conspiracy theory: GOP sabotaging recovery | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

The evidence suggests Schumer's on to something. The House of Representatives has offered no debate on the issue of unemployment and has passed only 18 bills since taking control in January. 15 of those bills were passed to name federal buildings after someone. This do-nothing congress sees no urgency as millions of Americans are out of work, work one or two or three part time jobs simply to pay rent or the morgage on a home underwater.

The GOP leadership in both houses of congress has opposed all efforts by the president, and even turned down an offer by President Obama to reduce the payroll tax for businees. It seems ideology is only an excuse, the real reason is their lust for power.

This is, and even Jon Stewart agrees, is blatant partisan politics that isn't achieving anything.

To all those leftists that do believe this, I ask who is the president? Who controls the Senate? The Democrats control the presidency and the senate and it is the Republican held House of Representatives that is at fault?

Obama held control over all of the Congress when he took office and sweeping, unprecedented legislation was passed, exploiting fear to strong arm the Stimulus Act and Obama Care through. $666 billion was spent in stimulus.

Why is it the left has such a short memory? Obama has been in office for some time now and he has passed lots of legislation that was supposed to address the jobs issue.

It is time the left wakes up and realizes this is Obama's economy.

I agree

We need some real control over any Congress and any President when it comes to the US spending.

Not sure what?
-balanced budget amendment
-2/3 majority to deficit spend

term limits as well

Simple. DEMAND that PAYGO be reinstated by any politician asking for your vote.

Demanding that all spending legislation and tax cuts enacted after PAYGO expired be repealed for a 'do over' would be cool too.

Liberals are absolutely incapable of taking responsibility for their own actions.

It's always someone else's fault.

Republicans Blame Democrats for possible government shutdown - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Republican Boehner puts budget impasse blame on Democrats | AHN

Republican candidate: Obama, BP ‘colluded’ to make oil spill happen | The Raw Story

Republicans blame each other for bill failure » Times Record News

Blaming Rush Limbaugh and Conservatism for Republican Woes - HUMAN EVENTS

To be fair, the search produced just as many articles describing the blaming tactics of the democrats - I found the last two links positively funny.

Politics in America.
10_9_136v1.gif

*shrug*

Schumer's conspiracy theory: GOP sabotaging recovery | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

The evidence suggests Schumer's on to something. The House of Representatives has offered no debate on the issue of unemployment and has passed only 18 bills since taking control in January. 15 of those bills were passed to name federal buildings after someone. This do-nothing congress sees no urgency as millions of Americans are out of work, work one or two or three part time jobs simply to pay rent or the morgage on a home underwater.

The GOP leadership in both houses of congress has opposed all efforts by the president, and even turned down an offer by President Obama to reduce the payroll tax for businees. It seems ideology is only an excuse, the real reason is their lust for power.

This is, and even Jon Stewart agrees, is blatant partisan politics that isn't achieving anything.

To all those leftists that do believe this, I ask who is the president? Who controls the Senate? The Democrats control the presidency and the senate and it is the Republican held House of Representatives that is at fault?

Obama held control over all of the Congress when he took office and sweeping, unprecedented legislation was passed, exploiting fear to strong arm the Stimulus Act and Obama Care through. $666 billion was spent in stimulus.

Why is it the left has such a short memory? Obama has been in office for some time now and he has passed lots of legislation that was supposed to address the jobs issue.

Never happen. The One can do no wrong. He gets the credit for anything good, and doesn't deserve blame for anything bad.

Right, Obamabots?

No president has ever controlled the Senate or the House of Representatives (suggesting so is a lie, or an amaziang display of ignorance by an American citizen).

Pointing fingers of blame to defend the actions of the current House of Representatives is at best disingenuous; the House is under control of looters, and the members who have taken a crisis and exploited it for political gain. No action has been taken by the Republican caucus suggesting they really care about the unemployed American citizen, our senior citizens, the infirm or our children.

The concern they express is always (and I use the superlative purposely) to defend the enormous wealth of of the wealthiest of our nation, giant corporations, the oil, insurance and healthcare industry and those who 'earn' millions of dollars each year.

The Republican Party has devolved, it no longer pretends to be the party of the big tent, a laughable attempt by some PR person to convince average Americans of a lie. Of course the R's give lip service to small business, but those in the know understand the major drawback for small business is local taxes and regulations something outside the purview of the Congress with few exceptions.

Today the R's want to loot average Americans and in so doing benefit their base. Privatize social security and 'allow' Americans to invest with Wall Street 'advisers' for a fee with no guarantee any money will be left when needed; take away medicare and give each citizen a voucher, allowing the looters to take the home and savings from those unfortunate ones when the cost of treatment is greater than the value of the voucher.

And of course slow play will allow Murdoch to get the messasge out, "It's all the fault of Obama and the Democrats"; slow play will allow for this propaganda to be repeated by the Limbaughs of the radio airways and the ignorant underlings on message boards such as this for the next 15 months.

Last edited:

No president has ever controlled the Senate or the House of Representatives (suggesting so is a lie, or an amaziang display of ignorance by an American citizen).

Pointing fingers of blame to defend the actions of the current House of Representatives is at best disingenuous; the House is under control of looters, and the members who have taken a crisis and exploited it for political gain. No action has been taken by the Republican caucus suggesting they really care about the unemployed American citizen, our senior citizens, the infirm or our children.

The concern they express is always (and I use the superlative purposely) to defend the enormous wealth of of the wealthiest of our nation, giant corporations, the oil, insurance and healthcare industry and those who 'earn' millions of dollars each year.

The Republican Party has devolved, it no longer pretends to be the party of the big tent, a laughable attempt by some PR person to convince average Americans of a lie. Of course the R's give lip service to small business, but those in the know understand the major drawback for small business is local taxes and regulations something outside the purview of the Congress with few exceptions.

Today the R's want to loot average Americans and in so doing benefit their base. Privatize social security and 'allow' Americans to invest with Wall Street 'advisers' for a fee with no guarantee any money will be left when needed; take away medicare and give each citizen a voucher, allowing the looters to take the home and savings from those unfortunate ones when the cost of treatment is greater than the value of the voucher.

And of course slow play will allow Murdoch to get the messasge out, "It's all the fault of Obama and the Democrats"; slow play will allow for this propaganda to be repeated by the Limbaughs of the radio airways and the ignorant underlings on message boards such as this for the next 15 months.

Yup. I called it.

The contradiction in these two posts will be left as an exercise for the student.
Pretending these two posts don't exist doesn't actually make it so, Wry.
Wry must have me on ignore. Considering he keeps mentioning me, that's pretty cowardly.

If he doesn't have me on ignore, he's pretending these posts aren't there. Also cowardly.
Maybe he just realizes that you are a troll?

Once again, this thread asks this question, "Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?"

And once again, no one has shown any Democratic efforts to create a recovery.
Who would do that, and how?

Wouldn't that be the job of the Speaker of the House, to pass a jobs bill? President Obama cannot pass any bills, just sign or not sign them.

So tell me how you want the President to create jobs.

Raising their taxes will get them to invest. LOL!
I'm in favor of saying "invest it or it will be taxed".

Maybe we need to follow Sweden's lead and have a negative interest rate for excess bank reserves.

Wry must have me on ignore. Considering he keeps mentioning me, that's pretty cowardly.

If he doesn't have me on ignore, he's pretending these posts aren't there. Also cowardly.
Maybe he just realizes that you are a troll?

Exactly.

One of these "trolls" isn't like the other two...:lol:

If the Obama adminstration was capable of creating a real job, it should have done so by now. The only thing shovel ready is his reelection bid.

Forum List

Back