Is the Trump presidency unraveling too quickly for Democrats?

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
I had lunch today with a friend who is a Democratic strategist. He remarked that Trump's presidency unravelling is both good and bad. The "good" in it, from his POV, is obvious. The bad he suggested, however, is that information is coming out at such a "breakneck" pace that Trump may be ousted too quickly for the Democrats to take full advantage of it in the midterm elections.

A year is certainly long enough for Pence to take over and "save" the midterm for the GOP. My friend expressed his concern that the leaks that are undoing Trump are likely coming from GOP Administration officials who want to see a quick end to the "bloodletting" that is undoing the GOP's eminence. He's concerned about that because, of course, there's nothing Democrats can do to materially slow such an initiative if that is indeed what's afoot.

I had lunch today with a friend who is a Democratic strategist. He remarked that Trump's presidency unravelling is both good and bad. The "good" in it, from his POV, is obvious. The bad he suggested, however, is that information is coming out at such a "breakneck" pace that Trump may be ousted too quickly for the Democrats to take full advantage of it in the midterm elections.

A year is certainly long enough for Pence to take over and "save" the midterm for the GOP. My friend expressed his concern that the leaks that are undoing Trump are likely coming from GOP Administration officials who want to see a quick end to the "bloodletting" that is undoing the GOP's eminence. He's concerned about that because, of course, there's nothing Democrats can do to materially slow such an initiative if that is indeed what's afoot.
If the orange buffoon does get the boot, it won't happen overnight, or before the 2018 midterms.

Personally, I would prefer he gets booted as soon as possible, even if it is before the midterms, because I fear more the irreparable damage the idiot is capable of.

I had lunch today with a friend who is a Democratic strategist. He remarked that Trump's presidency unravelling is both good and bad. The "good" in it, from his POV, is obvious. The bad he suggested, however, is that information is coming out at such a "breakneck" pace that Trump may be ousted too quickly for the Democrats to take full advantayge of it in the midterm elections.

Okay, assume ALL the administration is booted. Well, then you are a left with a totally fractured Democratic party. The only thing they can agree on his hating Trump (which after this week I kind of share). They have no central theory of who they are. They have no leadership. They have Bernie who isn't even a Democrat who is basically taking them wayyyyyy far left. Don't fear them, who is their leader? What is their theory?

I'd love for the Dems to take over in 2018, but Trump is a serious liability to this country. He needs to go as soon as possible.

All the revelations are Democrat lies. They could slow down their lying if it means that much.

The real danger for democrsts is that their lies get too contradictory and they can't even lie their way out. Too many people are lying about too many things. They are making up events and statements. They can't keep this up free of getting in their own traps.

The real danger for democrsts is that their lies get too contradictory and they can't even lie their way out. Too many people are lying about too many things. They are making up events and statements. They can't keep this up free of getting in their own traps.
lol I think you mean to say Trump and not dems.

Look, I'm in favor of reality. And reality tells me everyone in DC lies. Including the President.

I had lunch today with a friend who is a Democratic strategist

Did he describe the degree of butthurtness he has as a result about Crooked Hillary losing the election? Does he realize he will be doubly butthurt when the democrat coup d'état fails?

I had lunch today with a friend who is a Democratic strategist. He remarked that Trump's presidency unravelling is both good and bad. The "good" in it, from his POV, is obvious. The bad he suggested, however, is that information is coming out at such a "breakneck" pace that Trump may be ousted too quickly for the Democrats to take full advantayge of it in the midterm elections.

Okay, assume ALL the administration is booted. Well, then you are a left with a totally fractured Democratic party. The only thing they can agree on his hating Trump (which after this week I kind of share). They have no central theory of who they are. They have no leadership. They have Bernie who isn't even a Democrat who is basically taking them wayyyyyy far left. Don't fear them, who is their leader? What is their theory?
Okay, assume ALL the administration is booted.

No. I will not assume that. I won't because:
  1. It's not even a remotely likely happenstance.
  2. It's not the discussion predicate for this thread.
  3. To do so is to set a precedent of being willing to entertain lines of reductio ad absurdum, and I'm just not interested in going down that "rabbit hole" with you or anyone else.

I had lunch today with a friend who is a Democratic strategist

Did he describe the degree of butthurtness he has as a result about Crooked Hillary losing the election? Does he realize he will be doubly butthurt when the democrat coup d'état fails?

"Butthurt" is almost certainly not what he's feeling as a result of Hillary's having lost the election. He wasn't part of her team of strategists, particularly insofar as throughout the 2016 campaign he remarked that the approach the Clinton team was using would not work. So, no, he didn't describe any degree of "butthurtness" he has as a result of Hillary's loss.

I agree. Here's an interesting article on the subject.

Here’s Why Democrats Are Not Storming The Gates, Demanding Impeachment

Look, I'm in favor of reality. And reality tells me everyone in DC lies. Including the President.
As a long time D.C. resident, I can tell you that your version of reality has been lying to you; thus you should seek a different reality.

I seriously doubt The House would bring any kind of impeachment charges to the table.
They may not. Whether they do depends on how "in your face" be other revelations of malfeasance and so on that come to the fore. Once those things come about and the House yet refrains from passing articles of impeachment, we will surely find ourselves talking about and facing the Constitutional issue of whether a sitting POTUS can be indicted and prosecuted.

There's a reasonable body of legal theory on the matter. Below are some documents from that body of thought.
(I have not read all those documents, mainly because I don't need at this time to have an opinion on whether a POTUS can be indicted and tried in "regular" courts of law. I merely have my reading list "ready to go" if time come that I do need to have a well informed opinion.)

Trump is becoming such a liability that the mainstream GOP are transitioning from, "Let's not talk about the elephant in the room", to, "None of this happened on my watch, I never supported him".

Forum List

Back