Is there a place of eternal punishment?

No, it's not "truth", it's theory, and a pretty silly one. Right up there with monsters under the bed -- anthropomorphizing mysteries we don't understand and inventing a scapegoat, then pointing to what we just invented and declaring "he did it".

The truth is, proving the existence of Satan is the same challenge as proving the existence of God. Can't be done.

Although I agree with much of what you said, proving the existence of Satan is as simple as understanding the metaphors of a fairy tale written to educate children of a people surrounded by other nations whose people were little more than animals of all shapes and sizes, lower beasts with the outward form and shape of a human being.

Satan is introduced in Genesis exactly like any character in a fairy tale. A talking serpent can only be figurative for a deceptive person that scripture assigns certain identifying characteristics.

The serpent is the most crafty of all the wild beasts, wild beasts symbolic of other types of unrefined people, unintelligent unthinking and unethical lowlifes.

The serpent presents itself as illuminated, enlightened.

The serpent tries to persuade the gullible that they can be 'like God' if they would only 'just believe'' and set aside the divine commands.

The serpent claims that one can defy the will of God and not die but instead will live forever.

What is also true of the serpent is that he bears the signs of divine condemnation.

He crawls on its belly, (is pusillanimous), eats dust, (believes bullshit) and has anti-Semitic tendencies, eternal enmity between the children of the serpent and the children of Adam.

If you look carefully you can see this board infested by many serpents, living proof of the existence of the evil villain, Satan, a talking serpent by far more perverse and maliciously deceptive and subtle than any monstrous character ever imagined in any fairy tale.

Uh - yeah right. "I say these guys are snakes, therefore Satan" :lol:

Circular reasoning proves nothing. Dismissed.

No, the Bible defines what a serpent is. I pointed out those defined attributes.

I am not accusing or condemning anyone of anything and there is no circular reasoning involved if some people here fit that Biblical description perfectly.

That's the way the cookie crumbles.

The truth is, proving the existence of Satan is the same challenge as proving the existence of God. Can't be done.

Satan does not exist but what is portrayed as Satan does - Evil.

Good and Evil may be spontaneous with life but the guidance from which the Physiology emerges at birth with its own distinct Spirit is purity of one over the other (Good) that requires an adherence of the same for the new Spirit to be set free in time or otherwise to perish as unworthy -

is the proof of an Almighty "director" of the Everlasting for the Spiritual existence for those whom adhere to its Constitution for life and immortality.

Satan (spirit) and all that would be otherwise ... are Dead, no place of eternal punishment is necessary.

Although I agree with much of what you said, proving the existence of Satan is as simple as understanding the metaphors of a fairy tale written to educate children of a people surrounded by other nations whose people were little more than animals of all shapes and sizes, lower beasts with the outward form and shape of a human being.

Satan is introduced in Genesis exactly like any character in a fairy tale. A talking serpent can only be figurative for a deceptive person that scripture assigns certain identifying characteristics.

The serpent is the most crafty of all the wild beasts, wild beasts symbolic of other types of unrefined people, unintelligent unthinking and unethical lowlifes.

The serpent presents itself as illuminated, enlightened.

The serpent tries to persuade the gullible that they can be 'like God' if they would only 'just believe'' and set aside the divine commands.

The serpent claims that one can defy the will of God and not die but instead will live forever.

What is also true of the serpent is that he bears the signs of divine condemnation.

He crawls on its belly, (is pusillanimous), eats dust, (believes bullshit) and has anti-Semitic tendencies, eternal enmity between the children of the serpent and the children of Adam.

If you look carefully you can see this board infested by many serpents, living proof of the existence of the evil villain, Satan, a talking serpent by far more perverse and maliciously deceptive and subtle than any monstrous character ever imagined in any fairy tale.

No, the Bible defines what a serpent is. I pointed out those defined attributes.

I am not accusing or condemning anyone of anything and there is no circular reasoning involved if some people here fit that Biblical description perfectly.

Actually here's how it crumbles...

"The Bible defines what a serpent is".

And who wrote the Bible?

"God did".

Who's God? How do we know it exists?

"Because the Bible says so".

circular_reasoning.gif

Actually here's how it crumbles...

"The Bible defines what a serpent is".

And who wrote the Bible?

"God did".

Who's God? How do we know it exists?

"Because the Bible says so".

circular_reasoning.gif

That may be circular reasoning but that's not what I said.

Why lie?

I believe the references to such a place is symbolism in Gods written word. That the lake of fire( eternal destruction) = the second death( no life in death) Jesus taught those who walk the broad and spacious path that leads to destruction.
Also when one knows the true God, they know it cannot be a truthful teaching. Here is what Gods written word teaches about who the true God is.

Deuteronomy 32:4-- All of Gods ways are justice--- God taught us all that justice-- an eye for an eye--- a balanced set of scales, God applies to all decisions. Lets apply this teaching to Gods scales.

On one side--70-90 years of unrepented sin ------- on the other side- trillions x trillions x trillions etc, of never ending years of punishment.

See any balance--NO-- not Gods scales--thus a sadistic lie taught about the true God by teachers of darkness.

But there is hell on earth. So the question is not, "is there a hell", the question is, does hell last forever?

The larger question should be, why does hell exist? Since we see it here on earth, it is not hard for me to believe it could be eternal as well.

I believe the references to such a place is symbolism in Gods written word. That the lake of fire( eternal destruction) = the second death( no life in death) Jesus taught those who walk the broad and spacious path that leads to destruction.
Also when one knows the true God, they know it cannot be a truthful teaching. Here is what Gods written word teaches about who the true God is.

Deuteronomy 32:4-- All of Gods ways are justice--- God taught us all that justice-- an eye for an eye--- a balanced set of scales, God applies to all decisions. Lets apply this teaching to Gods scales.

On one side--70-90 years of unrepented sin ------- on the other side- trillions x trillions x trillions etc, of never ending years of punishment.

See any balance--NO-- not Gods scales--thus a sadistic lie taught about the true God by teachers of darkness.

But there is hell on earth. So the question is not, "is there a hell", the question is, does hell last forever?

The larger question should be, why does hell exist? Since we see it here on earth, it is not hard for me to believe it could be eternal as well.

... But there is hell on earth.

the only hell that may exist on earth is one artificially created by individuals that choose to create it by an employment of evil - and why those individuals will perish with their last breath, for eternity.

The larger question should be, why does hell exist?

there is no Physical hell, evil exists without a Spirit, Satin is dead, proof of the Almighty. Each individual is judged in the same manner to demolish the vestige in their thoughts of evil as a requisite for admission to the Everlasting ... from where our Spirit is made.

Evil men can make life hell for each other--but for most life is a precious gift-- Going through life for self can be a hell--but the true followers of Jesus know there is a bigger picture concerning life--and the only way to win is by doing this-Matt 16:24--Few can.

Doesn't Gods word teach God is a God of love,merciful---- your rendition of him is sadistic.

God is not going to allow any sin in His house.
The people who don't make it to heaven are people who have already judged themselves or God.
Divine rape would be God making people go to heaven. The alternate is hell.

Hell wasn't originally made for man. It was made for the devil and his angels.

In any event, your reasoning is that because you don't like the facts, you have to reject the facts of what was said in the Bible. My response is that's life. You lose.

I agree--God will not allow any sin into his kingdom. You reason falsely about God--his word teaches exactly who he is and Jesus was the exact image of him--hell is symbolism for being eternally cut off from God. Jesus taught those walking the broad and spacious path that leads to destruction---not eternal life suffering. Teachers of darkness who cannot see teach a literal place of eternal torment--they do not know God--RUN

Doesn't Gods word teach God is a God of love,merciful---- your rendition of him is sadistic.

God is not going to allow any sin in His house.
The people who don't make it to heaven are people who have already judged themselves or God.
Divine rape would be God making people go to heaven. The alternate is hell.

Hell wasn't originally made for man. It was made for the devil and his angels.

In any event, your reasoning is that because you don't like the facts, you have to reject the facts of what was said in the Bible. My response is that's life. You lose.

I agree--God will not allow any sin into his kingdom. You reason falsely about God--his word teaches exactly who he is and Jesus was the exact image of him--hell is symbolism for being eternally cut off from God. Jesus taught those walking the broad and spacious path that leads to destruction---not eternal life suffering. Teachers of darkness who cannot see teach a literal place of eternal torment--they do not know God--RUN

Talk is cheap.
You have not posted anything to prove your position.
I posted more scripture defending my position.
You haven't proved anything to me.

Jesus taught those walking the broad and spacious path that leads to destruction ...

How would there be the Triumph of Good over Evil if eventually the Path to Remittance does not become the well traveled road, eventually by everyone - as the Happy Ending for the Day of Final Judgement ?

Talk is cheap.
You have not posted anything to prove your position.
I posted more scripture defending my position.
You haven't proved anything to me.

Sure he has, you just cant see it as a consequence of your defiance of the commands of God to not worship other gods and to not perjure yourself in his name, but don't you worry, others can.

How would there be the Triumph of Good over Evil if eventually the Path to Remittance does not become the well traveled road, eventually by everyone - as the Happy Ending for the Day of Final Judgement ?

The door to hell is held shut by those who are in hell and they already don't want God so God gives them their choice.

Satan infected the world with sin so if the body can't expel what is dangerous to itself then the body will die.

If God didn't put Satan, the fallen angels and people in hell then they would wander the universe or our world trying to destroy it.

The door to hell is held shut by those who are in hell and they already don't want God so God gives them their choice.

Satan infected the world with sin so if the body can't expel what is dangerous to itself then the body will die.

If God didn't put Satan, the fallen angels and people in hell then they would wander the universe or our world trying to destroy it.

Chuckt: ... then they would wander the universe or our world trying to destroy it.

Chuck, that is why they are Dead - it is the J/C Bible that proclaims otherwise that their Spirits are kept alive -

"Father forgive them, for they know not what they do"

there is no excuse for Biblical fallacies, they will not be forgiven - those who proselytize the J/C Bible as the inerrant word of God as obviously it is not.

* ours is a carnivorous Garden, Life and Death are consequences of our actions the same for the Everlasting - Satan is Dead.

Last edited:
Chuck, that is why they are Dead - it is the J/C Bible that proclaims otherwise that their Spirits are kept alive -

Then you need to go back to page one of this thread and re-read it all because you missed the thread. I specifically posted why.

Then you need to go back to page one of this thread and re-read it all because you missed the thread. I specifically posted why.

there is no place of punishment in the Everlasting, as no Spirit exists to be punished, otherwise they are Deceased - for Eternity.

* the same for any Spirit set to be freed from its Physiology - conquer Evil or Perish.

there is no place of punishment in the Everlasting, as no Spirit exists to be punished, otherwise they are Deceased - for Eternity.

* the same for any Spirit set to be freed from its Physiology - conquer Evil or Perish.

The sinner in hell is compared to an undying worm and not a dieing worm.

And just because you refer to death doesn't mean we exactly know what death means:

David F. Wells discusses the wide range of meanings of the above three Biblical words:

Sinners are ‘cut off’ (Ps. 37:9, 22, 28, 34, 38), but so is the Messiah (Dan. 9:26); sinners are ‘destroyed’ (Ps. 143:12), but so was Israel (Hos. 13:9; cf. Isa. 9:14) and so were the sheep and coins that were then found (Luke 15:4, 8); unbelievers are said to ‘die,’ but then all of us have always been ‘dead’ (Rom. 6:13; 7:4; Eph. 2:1, 5; cf. Rom. 7:10, 13; 8:2, 6; I Tim. 5:6; Col. 2:13; Rev. 3:1), and that surely does not mean we have been without existence and consciousness. (42).
Rev 22:11 "Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy."

At the judgment, it says they will keep on sinning "still do wrong" and you can't still do wrong if you are annihilated. I know this is the NASB and not the King James but the definitions for the King James in the Blue Letter Bible support the way it was translated in the NASB even though the King James translators didn't bring out the meaning.

Psalm 22:6 But I [am] a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.

David or this messianic passage is applied to a person meaning that the worm is symbolic of a person.

Mark 9:48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

The sinner is compared to a worm that "dieth not". He isn't compared to a worm that dies.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...lace-of-eternal-punishment-2.html#post8076143

I don't follow the motive of your post?

Are you saying we will all be in heaven one day, not to worry?

What are you saying? The devil is a fantasy? Jesus death on a cross was not necessary?

Or are you suggesting those who don't make it to heaven are just blotted out of existence? Maybe that has a modicum of a chance.

I don't follow the motive of your post?

Are you saying we will all be in heaven one day, not to worry?

What are you saying? The devil is a fantasy? Jesus death on a cross was not necessary?

Or are you suggesting those who don't make it to heaven are just blotted out of existence? Maybe that has a modicum of a chance.

Teaching who God is---- His balanced justice scales make it an impossibility for an eternal place of torment to be true.
144,000 are bought from the earth-rev 14:3---the rest will inherit the earth like Jesus promised.
The devil is real--- Jesus death bought back what Adam had lost for mankind.
The lake of fire= the second death-eternal destruction.

Forum List

Back