Is there anyone who questions whether, to a large degree, the kinds of un-American, anti-democratic....

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
threats made against public officials on Trump's behalf would end today if he put out a statement condemning them? Just a simple message on Truth Social asking The Following not to do things like call for the death of the jurors in the election interference case for which he was convicted.

I'm sure he understands he has the power to stop the vast majority of them. But he doesn't. Why?

It is my belief he sees them as a form of adoration for him. And he can never get enough of that. Even if it comes at the expense of this.

'Deluge' of threats against judge and law clerk in Trump’s civil fraud trial are detailed in new court filing

Of course, there is something else going on besides the thrill Don gets from his supporter's abhorrent behavior. It serves a goal of his. To tear down barriers of what is acceptable in civil society. To make threats of violence normalized. To instill in people a sense of anarchy. To create a feeling of instability that can be quelled by a strong leader. A strongman leader. An autocrat who will "do what it takes" to restore the order he caused to be broken down.

threats made against public officials on Trump's behalf would end today if he put out a statement condemning them? Just a simple message on Truth Social asking The Following not to do things like call for the death of the jurors in the election interference case for which he was convicted.

I'm sure he understands he has the power to stop the vast majority of them. But he doesn't. Why?

It is my belief he sees them as a form of adoration for him. And he can never get enough of that. Even if it comes at the expense of this.

'Deluge' of threats against judge and law clerk in Trump’s civil fraud trial are detailed in new court filing

Of course, there is something else going on besides the thrill Don gets from his supporter's abhorrent behavior. It serves a goal of his. To tear down barriers of what is acceptable in civil society. To make threats of violence normalized. To instill in people a sense of anarchy. To create a feeling of instability that can be quelled by a strong leader. A strongman leader. An autocrat who will "do what it takes" to restore the order he caused to be broken down.
1717505071869.jpeg

Intimidation is the point. So imo, there is no way Benedict Donald will in any way propose a calm response.
Absolutely. I recall Mitt Romney stating in his book that Repub senators admitted to him they would not cross Trump for fear of reprisal from Don's mob.

Beyond that, there have been dozens of stories documenting the terrible threats made against people involved in holding him accountable for his crimes. He could have essentially stopped it at any time. HE DIDN'T WANT IT TO STOP.

"We've got to stay on the street and we've got to get more active, we've got to get more confrontational," said Waters. "We've got to make sure that they know that we mean business." - Maxine Waters

Absolutely. I recall Mitt Romney stating in his book that Repub senators admitted to him they would not cross Trump for fear of reprisal from Don's mob.

Beyond that, there have been dozens of stories documenting the terrible threats made against people involved in holding him accountable for his crimes. He could have essentially stopped it at any time. HE DIDN'T WANT IT TO STOP.

Did poor Mitt define reprisal?

Stop acting like a child. Look in the mirror.... Look at your own posting history and admit the Democrats own the doxxing, threatening of the promise actions of violence. People are pissed because they know why the prosecution was brought not because of the details of the prosecution. There's no pretense here that some righteous avenging legal system finally caught a criminal. The reality is is that a criminalized system created a false charge for political purposes and that's something that they simply cannot hide.

I don't want it to stop. When he stops, I stop voting for him. I love it.

Stop acting like a child. Look in the mirror.... Look at your own posting history and admit the Democrats own the doxxing, threatening of the promise actions of violence. People are pissed because they know why the prosecution was brought not because of the details of the prosecution. There's no pretense here that some righteous avenging legal system finally caught a criminal. The reality is is that a criminalized system created a false charge for political purposes and that's something that they simply cannot hide.
See post #17.

Forum List

Back