Votes: 6 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
" My cats are people, but they're not embryonic and that's a different subject."

Clearly, we have a divergence of definition. Cats people?
simonesimon.jpg

Nice pus- er - kitty!

If its a fertilized human embryo, then its DNA is mixed giving it a new set of DNA and making it a unique organism.

Well, I'll guess the species is not human for these photos.

Looks just like your pic....goes though the exact same cellular process... same names. yes?

Say hello to a sheep..... is a sheep a person?

Ramsem Embryo Transfers Local

Well, of course a sheep embryo is not a person. My cats are people, but they're not embryonic and that's a different subject.

I agree, cats are not people. But every animal is, at some point is embryonic.... and lets not forget that humans are animals too.

E2crop.jpg

E1crop.jpg

And just so you know..... these are gestational... at the same point. One is human cells the other is cat cells. They look about the same.

Last edited:
Every 'new' living thing is unique.

New is in apostrophes because we could really address the age of DNA, how long it has existed and the continuity it represents. All life on earth shares it and it has never disappeared since it start oh-so-long ago. Really, it IS life. And it doesn't die. DNA is essentially immortal.
And we with it.
So talking about life beginning and ending could be tempered by this realization. It is as if all life were leaves on a single tree. The leaves may fall, but the tree lives and more leaves come. The fact that a leaf develops a sense of self is of ultimate importance to the leaf.
That leaf is a person.

And here I've been under the impression that a person has a face, limbs, a torso, hair, skin, and a belly button! What d'ya know! Now a person can be smaller than something that can infect what I've been calling a "person"!

Maybe, just maybe, that gleam in Daddy's eyes can be called a "person" too!

Maybe that's why men abandon their families at such an alarming rate. Why should they be punished for nothing more than a gleam on their eyes?

I think she is asking ...where does life begin...or when does he fetus become a person.

"Does one person have the right to use the body of another person against their will?"
What is will?
Does one person have the right to allow another to (or others) misuse them?

Consider this:
a female human is born with all her eggs and makes no more.
Each woman comes from a mother born with all the mother's eggs. She was in her mother at her mother's birth.
And so on back as far as can be seen.
So, when does a human life start?

It is certainly debatable when we call a person 'a person', and when a person achieves person-hood as far as legally being a person, I am not denying this debate or the valid points each side has on the issue....

I'm just saying, I know of no human that exists on this Earth today, or in the past, (outside of the argument/debate of Adam) including Jesus Christ, that was not formed in to His or her individual person-(hood), with the process of the fertilized egg splitting...first split being the 2 cells shown in the pic.

Last edited:
It may not be a person and I don't think it can be called a person at that stage imo...

but no person on earth began any other way....there is no other beginning to us, than that process shown in that pic...

you mean like this process?

clip_image002.jpg
Yep, I don't know of any human or mammal that can begin their life without that process, do you?

That is a goat you are looking at.

I agree.... all mammals have the exact same biological start.

Regardless, isn't life wonderful! Sad to think such beauty can be treated so callously.

Is it a sperm, egg, or fertilized egg?

Also, is it of a human, or some other animal(can't realy tell at this stage, you know.)

I am not that good at recognizing microbiological samples. Sorry.

What part of the word "embryo", used in the picture's caption, was difficult for you to understand?

Also, how many two-celled sperm and ova are there in the world? For that matter, why don't you know what a sperm looks like? :slap:

Is it a sperm, egg, or fertilized egg?

Also, is it of a human, or some other animal(can't realy tell at this stage, you know.)

I am not that good at recognizing microbiological samples. Sorry.

It is a 2-cell embryo. That means the egg was fertilized. Then it divided once.

Human.

Really?...are you sure its not a chimp or some other animal? The biology is the same.

If the lab says the origin is human, then one assumes they know what they're talking about. Certainly, splitting hairs about whether or not they're 100% positive accomplishes nothing . . . except to derail the discussion.

Forum List

Back