Is this OK in your eyes?

TARP was a smoke screen to cover the back door BS at the Federal Reserve..........and the money was handed out by both Bush and Obama..........mostly to their buddies and lobbyists interests.

A spin framed in bullshit ^^^ and, ONE MORE EXAMPLE OF MENDACITY BY A MEMBER OF THE VAST RIGHT WING PURVEYORS OF PROPAGANDA!!!

"The Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) is a program of the United States government to purchase toxic assets and equity from financial institutions to strengthen its financial sector that was signed into law by President George W. Bush on October 3, 2008. It was a component of the government's measures in 2008 to address the subprime mortgage crisis.

"The TARP program originally authorized expenditures of $700 billion. The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 created the TARP program. The Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, signed into law in 2010, reduced the amount authorized to $475 billion. By October 11, 2012, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) stated that total disbursements would be $431 billion, and estimated the total cost, including grants for mortgage programs that have not yet been made, would be $24 billion.[1] On December 19, 2014, the U.S. Treasury sold its remaining holdings of Ally Financial, essentially ending the program. TARP recovered funds totalling $441.7 billion from $426.4 billion invested.[2]"

Troubled Asset Relief Program - Wikipedia
GAO Fed Investigation | Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform And Consumer Protection Act | Federal Reserve System

forced by a Supreme Court decision under the Freedom of Information Act...........blocked by Bush and Obama...........

LOL, nice effort to deflect; baffle 'em with bullshit won't work. You're a damn liar and posting a non sequitur proves it.
How so..............I posted a FEDERAL DOCUMENT.............ordered by a Supreme Court Ruling.................

How is that a lie......................Get money from the Back door of the Federal Reserve.........pay off loans from TARP with it.........then claim a profit.......to the tax payers......

LOL

Q. How much of the invasion and occupation of Iraq funded by the "Back Door"?

Let's be real:

"When the US invaded Iraq in March 2003, the Bush administration estimated that it would cost $50-60bn to overthrow Saddam Hussein and establish a functioning government. This estimate was catastrophically wrong: the war in Iraq has cost $823.2bn between 2003 and 2011. Some estimates suggesting that it may eventually cost as much as $3.7tn when factoring in the long-term costs of caring for the wounded and the families of those killed."
How the US public was defrauded by the hidden cost of the Iraq war | Michael Boyle

Which had greater benefits and which had a huge cost defict!

TARP was a smoke screen to cover the back door BS at the Federal Reserve..........and the money was handed out by both Bush and Obama..........mostly to their buddies and lobbyists interests.

A spin framed in bullshit ^^^ and, ONE MORE EXAMPLE OF MENDACITY BY A MEMBER OF THE VAST RIGHT WING PURVEYORS OF PROPAGANDA!!!

"The Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) is a program of the United States government to purchase toxic assets and equity from financial institutions to strengthen its financial sector that was signed into law by President George W. Bush on October 3, 2008. It was a component of the government's measures in 2008 to address the subprime mortgage crisis.

"The TARP program originally authorized expenditures of $700 billion. The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 created the TARP program. The Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, signed into law in 2010, reduced the amount authorized to $475 billion. By October 11, 2012, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) stated that total disbursements would be $431 billion, and estimated the total cost, including grants for mortgage programs that have not yet been made, would be $24 billion.[1] On December 19, 2014, the U.S. Treasury sold its remaining holdings of Ally Financial, essentially ending the program. TARP recovered funds totalling $441.7 billion from $426.4 billion invested.[2]"

Troubled Asset Relief Program - Wikipedia
GAO Fed Investigation | Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform And Consumer Protection Act | Federal Reserve System

forced by a Supreme Court decision under the Freedom of Information Act...........blocked by Bush and Obama...........

LOL, nice effort to deflect; baffle 'em with bullshit won't work. You're a damn liar and posting a non sequitur proves it.
How so..............I posted a FEDERAL DOCUMENT.............ordered by a Supreme Court Ruling.................

How is that a lie......................Get money from the Back door of the Federal Reserve.........pay off loans from TARP with it.........then claim a profit.......to the tax payers......

LOL

Q. How much of the invasion and occupation of Iraq funded by the "Back Door"?
Don't change the subject...............I've provided federal documents.............the exact rules..........and the votes of what was going on.............

While your at it.........I'd like a loan at 0.1% from the Federal Reserve...................

Can invest it here.............get 0.88 return on it in 1 month

Daily Treasury Yield Curve Rates

I only want the 2.511 TRILLION for 1 month sir.................that's all....................at 0.1%

I will buy only buy treasury bonds...........which I will sell in 1 month............Then pay back the loan with the 0.1% interest...........

Not much to ask to make 220 billion dollars...........

Want to split it.?????????

I'll pay 50% taxes on it..............no problem.......then donate all but 1 million of it to build the border wall.........

How about that.?

I'm not greedy.............

Now I can at least understand why some liberals still like Obama despite his overwhelming love of protecting the wealthy. It is because they truly are that clueless.
A wikipedia post...holy hell.
I assume you are talking to me.............

Exactly what is wrong with my posts.................

CFTC and Banking Regulators Issue Proposed Margin Requirements for Non-cleared Swaps under Sections 731 and 764 of the Dodd-Frank Act | Stay Informed | K&L Gates

collateral for them......0.1 to 0.3 percent.

Sorry, no talking about Wry Catcher

A President put's on his pants one leg at a time just as I do.....................His position on issues is his position and not necessarily mine.

I am under NO OBLIGATION to support his position if it's counter to mine.

I agree. I conceded this point to G.T.
Do you hope against all hope that whatever he does will improve the US. Or do hope he fails?
Depends on the agenda............if his agenda is against my beliefs, and I think it will harm the country.............Yea...........I hope he fails..........

In regards to Foreign Policy............when American lives are on the line.......that is a different story.
One Man's Mede Is Another Man's Persian

What about the GOPers' "Terrorism is not a threat" Wag the Dog theory? And DubDud and his Daddy attacked our best ally against Iranian terrorism.
The policy of the enemy of mine enemy is my friend.............In regards to relations with Iraq.......we supported them because we were ticked off at Iran who under the Shah we supported...........they took our embassy and held our people for 444 days..............At that point Iraq wasn't really on our radar.........

We sided with Iraq in the Iran Iraq War because of what happened in Iran. Later it bit us in the ass as Saddam went postal and invaded Kuwait and threatened Saudi Arabia..............

So Daddy Bush kicked him out of Kuwait................

9/11 we became polarized.............
......but final blessing come from the Religious Leaders whether they be shia or Sunni........
The Saudis are our mortal enemies; they should have been attacked for what they did on 9/11. But they are protected by Big Oil, which piggybacks off their price-gouging. Despite the myth that the truth will come out because we have Freedom of Speech, common sense will not prevail against commentators hired by OPECkers, petrocratic pirates, and the lazy fairies of laissez-faire.

Kuwait has no right to exist. It naturally belongs to iraq-Mesopotamia; it had been there for 4,000 years. Iraq has been demanding its return since the 1960s. Besides, the tiny "country" is obligated
to spend a large chunk of its oil loot on defense instead of expecting others to bail it out. Independence is not a natural right; it must be earned the hard way.

First Amendment and all that. I won't defend with my life her right to say that, because she's an idiot. But she does have the right to parrot what her leftists handlers want her to.
Stand Up, Don't Stand By

No one has a right to get in my face; that's rude. Fight back by taking her intrusive sign and smashing it.
Did she put it in your face................or do you walk up to her and get in her face...............

You are offended...................and in a free nation people are always getting offended..............

If you start a fight because you are offended.........you are guilty of INCITING A RIOT and by LAW........thrown in JAIL.
Tell a Vision

The "rule of law" is the law of the rulers, who sadistically like to put real Americans in our place. They have no ideology; whatever humiliates the powerless majority will do.

Free men would react like Robert Stack did in Airplane!. The audiences gave him an ovation; that showed what we, the people, believe; so that supersedes SCROTUS's nasty interpretation of the First Amendment. Campus Commie Scum can put on their act away from their targets and in front of TV's former Campus Commie Scum. We can always click them off with a remote; all I'm advocating is that we do the equivalent in real life, just like Robert Stack did in one of the few democratic Hollywood skits.

View attachment 149481 Oh man. Is this conversation 7 months late or what?

We've had this discussion regarding Trump.

Yes. We all.want the nation to prosper and do well.

Read this book. It will explain why we must be on our guard while this man is POTUS.
7078218_f520.jpg

Given your history you should read that.
Weewee on the People

An anti-democratic manifesto written by lawyers for the colonial 1%. What political bullies have told you it isn't?
Being ruled by a King from Overseas with no say so in the rules is NOT DEMOCRACY..............
"Either Me or Mephistopheles"

Royalty was not the only alternative to Constitutional Oligarchy. Authoritarians always give us false choices; they don't know how to debate honestly.

Now I can at least understand why some liberals still like Obama despite his overwhelming love of protecting the wealthy. It is because they truly are that clueless.
A wikipedia post...holy hell.
I assume you are talking to me.............

Exactly what is wrong with my posts.................

CFTC and Banking Regulators Issue Proposed Margin Requirements for Non-cleared Swaps under Sections 731 and 764 of the Dodd-Frank Act | Stay Informed | K&L Gates

collateral for them......0.1 to 0.3 percent.

Sorry, no talking about Wry Catcher
Slithering Slouching Salinger

Holden Caulfield was a protected Preppy and had nothing at all to say to teenagers from real America, who won't have Daddy to bail them out if they screw up their lives.

Forum List

Back