🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is this racist?

Did you see that cartoon posted in the cartoon thread? I forget who posted it, but it was a propaganda cartoon, complete with a hitler duck.

No, I'd never be able to leave the computer if I wanted to try reading every single thread posted on this site, lol.

hang on and I will go find the link. The thread is not very long.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/general-discussion/336324-post-a-cartoon-from-your-era.html

Post #7

Wow, I remembered all the cartoons you linked to in your posts without having to watch them (Foghorn Leghorn Rant was a little ambiguous, he was always ranting). Great memories. Now THOSE were cartoons!

Did you see that cartoon posted in the cartoon thread? I forget who posted it, but it was a propaganda cartoon, complete with a hitler duck.

Could it have been moi? I do post that kind of stuff.

I like it. Here's some more.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_km9IFzzHo&list=PLCB8D618D90C35973]Banned Cartoons Japs--Bugs Bunny - Tokio Jokio - 1943 - B&W - YouTube[/ame]

EDIT: Nope. It was posted by our very own, Gracie!

I'm gonna watch it right now!

:)

Last edited:
I am not sure. But like you said...what if American Airlines had a jerry lewis big toothed flat black hair squinty eyed person doing that?
I am also torn that they would do such a thing..especially after all the help we sent them during their situation with the tsunami and their crap washing up on our shores.

On the other hand....I dunno. Not quite sure what to make of it. Except it is tasteless, but not necessarily racist.

Of course it's racist. Why did they use the "white face"? To play on the differences in our cultures for comedic effect - ridiculing white people for their stereotypical appearances and viewpoints.

If that's not racism, such a term does not exist.

Stereotyping is not racism. It's stereotyping.

As a fatter o' mact I'm stereotyping right now, using both hands simultaneously. Did you know the longest English word you can type entirely with the left hand is stewardesses?

I don't think their intent was to be racist, but part of their job is to anticipate how it could be interpreted by the viewers...they also may have just assumed that white people wouldn't give a shit by their attempt at "humor".

I am not sure. But like you said...what if American Airlines had a jerry lewis big toothed flat black hair squinty eyed person doing that?
I am also torn that they would do such a thing..especially after all the help we sent them during their situation with the tsunami and their crap washing up on our shores.

On the other hand....I dunno. Not quite sure what to make of it. Except it is tasteless, but not necessarily racist.

Of course it's racist. Why did they use the "white face"? To play on the differences in our cultures for comedic effect - ridiculing white people for their stereotypical appearances and viewpoints.

Right, it's only racism when white people do it to black people.

blackface-goodoldfamilyracism.jpg

Gotcha.

Because that kind of double standard isn't at all racist.

Gotcha.

Nice try, but no cigar. Apples and oranges. It's in the actions, not in the dress-up.

If a (white) vaudeville actor makes up as a black person, that in itself carries no message. If the message in his act is to then convey a message of inferiority, then you have racism.

But that's not what the airline commercial did. Not rocket surgery.

Is this guy a "sexist" ---- based on his appearance?

michael-palin-as-middle-aged-woman.jpg

Alright then.

Gotcha.

Nice try, but no cigar. Apples and oranges. It's in the actions, not in the dress-up.

If a (white) vaudeville actor makes up as a black person, that in itself carries no message. If the message in his act is to then convey a message of inferiority, then you have racism.

But that's not what the airline commercial did.

It's exactly what they did. Way to undermine your own argument.

Rocket surgery, indeed.

Gotcha.

Rocket surgery, indeed.

Sorry Sam, saying so doesn't make it so. :eusa_hand:

If this is the level of argument you bring here, don't quit the day job.

Last edited:

Rocket surgery, indeed.

Saying it ain't doesn't mean it ain't.

You're not worth more than this level of disagreement considering you haven't said anything of value and only post generic negativity.

Rocket surgery, indeed.

You're not worth more than this level of disagreement considering you haven't said anything of value and only post generic negativity.

Oh poster please. Gainsaying is what you just did. That and three bucks will get you a place in line at Starfucks.

I laid out a reasoning in my first post. You're just basically going "is too!". Burden of proof is all yours.

Last edited:

Oh poster please. Gainsaying is what you just did. That and three bucks will get you a place in line at Starfucks.

I laid out a reasoning in my first post. You're just basically going "is too!". Burden of proof is all yours.

I debunked the shit out of your reasoning. You're the one that started the gainsaying bullshit with apples & oranges when I posted an exact comparison to support my position.

TL;DR> Nuh-uh!

It takes a lot for something to be racist against white people.

I debunked the shit out of your reasoning. You're the one that started the gainsaying bullshit with apples & oranges when I posted an exact comparison to support my position.

I'm sure you'd like to think that but what you posted was a false comparison, which is why I called apples and oranges. And again I said why.
And again all you have in response is "is too".

Grow up.

TL;DR> Nuh-uh!

-- whatever the fuck that means... :dunno:

I'm sure you'd like to think that but what you posted was a false comparison, which is why I called apples and oranges.

Unfortunately for you, you're flat out wrong and attempting an easy way out.

I just won't give it to you. Cry moar.

I'm sure you'd like to think that but what you posted was a false comparison, which is why I called apples and oranges.

Unfortunately for you, you're flat out wrong and attempting an easy way out.

I just won't give it to you. Cry moar.

See? You just did it again.

Waste of time.

Forum List

Back