Is this the year of the Libertarian Party?

Is 2018 the year of the Libertarian Party?

• Yes, because the DNC has provided little of an option for independents.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, because the GOP has provided little to retain the independent vote.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If a woman in Arizona gets cancer and is treated in a hospital, that has no effect on someone in New Hampshire.

Right, but it's still the same breast cancer no matter what state you're in. Your breast cancer doesn't suddenly become something else if you're in CA and step foot in NV. You don't suddenly become less at risk for breast cancer by moving from Iowa to Minnesota.

If a woman in Arizona gets cancer and is treated in a hospital, that has no effect on someone in New Hampshire.

Right, but it's still the same breast cancer no matter what state you're in. Your breast cancer doesn't suddenly become something else if you're in CA and step foot in NV. You don't suddenly become less at risk for breast cancer by moving from Iowa to Minnesota.
So?

The founders SPECIFICALLY formed the union to deal with interstate commerce.

No they fucking didn't, because interstate commerce was not the norm. Intrastate commerce was.
They most certainly did form the Constitution to deal with interstate commerce.

Each state had its own tariffs. This was one of the single biggest drivers of a convention to amend the Articles of Confederation.

States which had major ports were charging high tariffs on goods whose final destiny was to states which did not have major ports.

Nope. Bullshit straw man fallacy.

Fine. Pick an issue, any issue, and I'll tell you how the states' rights argument inevitably falls to discrimination.

Or, you could just come up with an issue that is a specific state-based issue. But you've been asked to do that for hours now and you can't.

You want someone thousands of miles away to exert control over me. YOU are a control freak.

If you live in CA, TX, or AK, then you have someone potentially thousands of miles away exerting control over you already.

You're trying to tell us that Libertarians are anti-abortion and pro-abortion all at the same time.

Yeah because unlike you partisan drones, libertarians don't operate using a centrally controlled hive mind, they can actually think for themselves and form their own opinions instead of having some party boss wanker do it for them. :eek:

You can't be for and against abortion rights at the same time.

Yes individuals that share the same core principles and self identify as libertarians can and do have opposing opinions on the question of abortion.

I realize differences of opinion are impossible in the Borg collective you inhabit but that doesn't mean it isn't a reality outside of it.

:popcorn:

I'm just telling you that a Libertarian Party candidate who is not anti-abortion will not get more than the tiniest fraction of the anti-abortion vote,

which means, as I pointed out in my orginal post, that the Libertarian Party has little if any opportunity to make inroads into the core constituency (aka the majority) of Republican Party members, or, into the ranks of pro-life Independents.

What makes you think I care what the LP can or cannot do? as I've already said, I'm not interested in political power, just because you and your flock of sheeple are into authoritarianism and partisan cheerleading doesn't mean everybody is.

"People say being left alone is not a governing principle, to which I say, yeah we know, that's what we like about it" -- Thomas E. Woods Jr.

So why are you posting in a thread whose topic is the LIBERTARIAN PARTY????

Nope. Bullshit straw man fallacy.

Fine. Pick an issue, any issue, and I'll tell you how the states' rights argument inevitably falls to discrimination.
I have given you SEVERAL already. Unclamp your hands from your eyes, willfully blind monkey.

Legalizing pot, for example.

I can't wait for you tell us how this discriminates against blacks.

If you live in CA, TX, or AK, then you have someone potentially thousands of miles away exerting control over you already.

Yes, and my whole discussion with you has been about REMOVING that control over me as much as possible.

No, the free puppies for hookers are a rhetorical instrument representing the massive waste which occurs when power is centralized and captured.

You know, studies show that local and state government are far more corrupt and wasteful than the federal government. In fact, it's way easier to corrupt local politicians than federal ones.

Between 1976 and 2008, 24,000 state lawmakers were convicted of corruption.

Only three states score higher than D+ in State Integrity Investigation; 11 flunk

All hidden behind your cancer lady human shield.It is sickening.

Yeah, how dare I think of others instead of myself!

No, the free puppies for hookers are a rhetorical instrument representing the massive waste which occurs when power is centralized and captured.

You know, studies show that local and state government are far more corrupt and wasteful than the federal government. In fact, it's way easier to corrupt local politicians than federal ones.

Between 1976 and 2008, 24,000 state lawmakers were convicted of corruption.

Only three states score higher than D+ in State Integrity Investigation; 11 flunk

All hidden behind your cancer lady human shield.It is sickening.

Yeah, how dare I think of others instead of myself!
Gee, do you think more local legislators were corrupted over a 32 year period because THERE ARE TENS OF THOUSANDS MORE OF THEM?

Last edited:
I am STILL waiting to hear how legalizing pot on the state level discriminates against blacks.

Yeah because unlike you partisan drones, libertarians don't operate using a centrally controlled hive mind, they can actually think for themselves and form their own opinions instead of having some party boss wanker do it for them. :eek:

Yes individuals that share the same core principles and self identify as libertarians can and do have opposing opinions on the question of abortion.

I realize differences of opinion are impossible in the Borg collective you inhabit but that doesn't mean it isn't a reality outside of it.

I'm just telling you that a Libertarian Party candidate who is not anti-abortion will not get more than the tiniest fraction of the anti-abortion vote,

which means, as I pointed out in my orginal post, that the Libertarian Party has little if any opportunity to make inroads into the core constituency (aka the majority) of Republican Party members, or, into the ranks of pro-life Independents.

What makes you think I care what the LP can or cannot do? as I've already said, I'm not interested in political power, just because you and your flock of sheeple are into authoritarianism and partisan cheerleading doesn't mean everybody is.

"People say being left alone is not a governing principle, to which I say, yeah we know, that's what we like about it" -- Thomas E. Woods Jr.

Because, I'm doing a study of the posting habits of mindless, straw man obsessed, partisan drones that make a habit of attempting to discuss subjects they know nothing about.

... and you're one of my favorite lab rats.

The Libertarian Party is like something dreamed up by a bunch of drunk college kids

They give it up once they are sober

Last edited:

Because, I'm doing a study of the posting habits of mindless, straw man obsessed, partisan drones that make a habit of attempting to discuss subjects they know nothing about.

... and you're one of my favorite lab rats.

Then it should follow that you've easily proven me wrong on what I said. But you haven't.

You're the perfect example of Libertarian vacuity.

Forum List

Back