Is Tom Brady the Greatest Ever?

Is Tom Brady the Greatest Ever?

• Yes

Votes: 33 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 37.7%

• Total voters
BRADY....yes BRADY was suspended for cause. BRADY agreed to the punishment. Brady is a liar, cheater and destroyed evidence

You keep saying Brady agreed to the punishment. I think that is disingenuous. It would be more accurate to say that, having fought against the punishment for a while, Brady decided to stop fighting and accept the punishment.

Saying he agreed to it implies he thought it was warranted. I'm not sure where his appealing the decision and taking it to court would give that impression.
Brady agreed to the punishment
"Tom Brady Agrees to Serve Four Game Deflategate Suspension"

Tom Brady Agrees to Serve Four Game Deflategate Suspension - Breitbart

Argue with the source.

You want me to argue with Breitbart?

Just as I said, Brady accepted the punishment. He did not, so far as I know, have any real say in what the punishment was. He fought the suspension in court. You make it sound as though Brady declared himself guilty and deserving of the punishment. I have never seen or read anything from Brady saying he admitted guilt or believed his punishment was warranted.

Whether it was warranted or not is irrelevant to my point here.
Of course Brady had a say in his punishment, if he did not do what he did in the first place there would not have been any punishment. Brady's could have sen this through and exhausted all avenues to prevail, he did not, he quit, he was the master of his own destiny.

Brady's acts made him deserving of punishment.

If Brady did what you claim he did...then why was the Wells Report and the NFL's case against him basically bitch slapped in a court of law by the presiding judge?

To put it in blunt terms...why was there punishment when guilt was never proven?

The answer to that...as was pointed out by the higher court...is that Roger Goodell doesn't need to prove guilt because the CBA gives him the right to punish any player in the NFL at any time HE feels it is warranted! Roger Goodell is judge, jury and executioner in the NFL. Tom Brady had ZERO say in his punishment!
The lower court was overturned. Brady was suspended.

That's a pretty good article. The hate for Brady really might be mostly based in the perception of him "having it all". I liked the comparisons of negative actions on the list of most hated NFL players. I'm a 49ers fan, and I know that Romanowski was (based on what information the media provided about them) far more of a shitty person than Brady. Yet Brady is a few spaces higher on the list.

Of course, some of that is surely because many people have forgotten about Romanowski, whereas Brady is still an NFL superstar and constantly in football media.

I think the article probably overstates the hatred for Brady a bit, as well.

I know that I'm rooting for the Falcons today because the Pats have enough rings. :p Too much success for someone who isn't on the team you root for tends to breed some dislike. :D

I don't know that I am rooting one way or the other. There are players I like on both teams. :)

You keep saying Brady agreed to the punishment. I think that is disingenuous. It would be more accurate to say that, having fought against the punishment for a while, Brady decided to stop fighting and accept the punishment.

Saying he agreed to it implies he thought it was warranted. I'm not sure where his appealing the decision and taking it to court would give that impression.

Argue with the source.

Just as I said, Brady accepted the punishment. He did not, so far as I know, have any real say in what the punishment was. He fought the suspension in court. You make it sound as though Brady declared himself guilty and deserving of the punishment. I have never seen or read anything from Brady saying he admitted guilt or believed his punishment was warranted.

Of course Brady had a say in his punishment, if he did not do what he did in the first place there would not have been any punishment. Brady's could have sen this through and exhausted all avenues to prevail, he did not, he quit, he was the master of his own destiny.

If Brady did what you claim he did...then why was the Wells Report and the NFL's case against him basically bitch slapped in a court of law by the presiding judge?

To put it in blunt terms...why was there punishment when guilt was never proven?

The answer to that...as was pointed out by the higher court...is that Roger Goodell doesn't need to prove guilt because the CBA gives him the right to punish any player in the NFL at any time HE feels it is warranted! Roger Goodell is judge, jury and executioner in the NFL. Tom Brady had ZERO say in his punishment!

Let's make this simple, Phallics! (That way Fart Boy can follow what's being said!) What did the higher court rule on...Brady's guilt...or Goodell's power to impose punishment regardless of proving guilt?

I'm betting you'll avoid answering that question and the reason you'll do so is because we both know the answer already. That higher court NEVER addressed Brady's guilt! Not even slightly. The ONLY legal question they addressed was whether or not the CBA gave Goodell the power to impose whatever punishment he wanted to!

That's a pretty good article. The hate for Brady really might be mostly based in the perception of him "having it all". I liked the comparisons of negative actions on the list of most hated NFL players. I'm a 49ers fan, and I know that Romanowski was (based on what information the media provided about them) far more of a shitty person than Brady. Yet Brady is a few spaces higher on the list.

Of course, some of that is surely because many people have forgotten about Romanowski, whereas Brady is still an NFL superstar and constantly in football media.

I think the article probably overstates the hatred for Brady a bit, as well.

I know that I'm rooting for the Falcons today because the Pats have enough rings. :p Too much success for someone who isn't on the team you root for tends to breed some dislike. :D

Odell Beckam more or less said exactly what you did when asked today about Brady, Montrovant. He said he respects Brady as a great player but because he's beaten so many teams that Odell wanted to win in the past...that Brady was his favorite player to dislike.

Argue with the source.

Let's make this simple, Phallics! (That way Fart Boy can follow what's being said!) What did the higher court rule on...Brady's guilt...or Goodell's power to impose punishment regardless of proving guilt?

I'm betting you'll avoid answering that question and the reason you'll do so is because we both know the answer already. That higher court NEVER addressed Brady's guilt! Not even slightly. The ONLY legal question they addressed was whether or not the CBA gave Goodell the power to impose whatever punishment he wanted to!
This is getting tired, crybaby Brady was the one who brought it to court, the court said fuck off Brady and put yer big boy pants on, bend over and take your punishment like a man. So Brady asked Giselle(who I respect deeply) "honey what is it like to be a man". Giselle answered, "Tommy shut the fuck up and take your punishment and let me do your hair real nice".

Tommy whimpered a bit but nodded in understanding and the rest is history.

Then they lived happily ever after.

Gee, the "lawyer" can't seem to answer a simple question.

Once again, Phallics...did the higher court rule on Brady's guilt...or did they rule on Roger Goodell having unlimited power to impose punishment under the CBA?

Once again, Phallics...did the higher court rule on Brady's guilt...or did they rule on Roger Goodell having unlimited power to impose punishment under the CBA?
The Appellate court overturned the lower court.

Discussing Brady and how he squandered his good fortune and talent is very enjoyable and a vehicle for discussing the ethics of professional sports. The NFL is a multinational, multi billion dollar per year industry, who puts out a product that is supposed to be family friendly.

When Brady who is the face of that industry is involved in any conduct that speaks to impropriety, ethical or moral, and is subsequently suspended and then agrees to that penalty the discussion takes on a graver and more meaningful tone than who can throw a football better.

That is me is a very necessary discussion.

Games are rigged, you agreed with laramfan, so Brady couldn't possibly cheat, it is all choreographed. The deflategate scandal was made up. laramfan told us these games are all rigged, he is a genius, just ask him. So, all the NFL players are actors. So, who is the best actor?
Blow it out of your ass Papa. You have turned into a bore and a somewhat nuisance much like a dingleberry on the ass of a dog.

Here is song about you to keep you occupied.

We may be Brady apologists but you are a la ram fan apologist. Lol. Jk. I love that crazy but.

I almost think you are his alter ego. He's crazy enough to have two computers and two screen names and you, or he, is backing himself up. Lol

Alex is a fucked up little kid that looks up to laramfan. Only a nut would take laramfan seriously.

It's not bradys fault his running back fumbled. Brady was killing it till that

Omg they're cheating for the Patriots. 3 penalties on one drive each time on 3rd down to keep the Patriots in it

I can't WAIT until tomorrow night! :2up: Go Pats!!!

155226-Lets-Go-Patriots.jpg
If new england loses Brady is not the goat

Did the Appellate court rule on Brady's guilt...or on Goodell's authority to impose punishment REGARDLESS of guilt?

You're supposedly a lawyer, Phallics...how come you can't answer a simply question directed to you?

Dude DEFINITELY isn't looking like the "GOAT" right now.

Which proves my point all along - Tom Brady is Tom Brady. The TEAM isn't playing well right now. If you guys are going to credit him with 4 Super Bowl wins then you better bash him for this pitiful New England performance...

Did the Appellate court rule on Brady's guilt...or on Goodell's authority to impose punishment REGARDLESS of guilt?

You're supposedly a lawyer, Phallics...how come you can't answer a simply question directed to you?
The Appellate Court overturned the lower court.

Dude DEFINITELY isn't looking like the "GOAT" right now.

Which proves my point all along - Tom Brady is Tom Brady. The TEAM isn't playing well right now. If you guys are going to credit him with 4 Super Bowl wins then you better bash him for this pitiful New England performance...
I knew if I argued for and defended Brady all week he would choke. I also bet $10 NE would win.

Forum List

Back