🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is Trump better than Lincoln?

53% of republicans say yes. It`s hard to believe that they`re still angry over the loss of slavery. What`s wrong with these people?
Majority Of Republicans Say Trump Is A Better President Than Lincoln

uh. No
Dishonest Abe was a scumbag, much worse than Donnie. He was universally hated in the north and south during his presidency.

Booth did the nation a great service, when he murdered the tyrant.

“The violence of he criticism aimed at Lincoln by the great men of his time . . . is startling,” writes Tagg. “The breadth and depth of the spectacular prejudice against him is often shocking for its cruelty, intensity, and unrelenting vigor . . . . Lincoln was deeply reviled by many who knew him personally, and by hundreds of thousands who only knew of him.” He was routinely condemned as a “bloody tyrant,” and a “dictator” for “stretching the rules of the Constitution to allow arbitrary arrests, the suspension of habeas corpus, and the suppression of newspapers.” There was pervasive cheering and celebrating in the Northwhen Lincoln was assassinated, writes Tagg.

Trump vs. Lincoln: What’s a Republican To Think? - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

53% of republicans say yes. It`s hard to believe that they`re still angry over the loss of slavery. What`s wrong with these people?

uh. No
Dishonest Abe was a scumbag, much worse than Donnie. He was universally hated in the north and south during his presidency.

“The violence of he criticism aimed at Lincoln by the great men of his time . . . is startling,” writes Tagg. “The breadth and depth of the spectacular prejudice against him is often shocking for its cruelty, intensity, and unrelenting vigor . . . . Lincoln was deeply reviled by many who knew him personally, and by hundreds of thousands who only knew of him.” He was routinely condemned as a “bloody tyrant,” and a “dictator” for “stretching the rules of the Constitution to allow arbitrary arrests, the suspension of habeas corpus, and the suppression of newspapers.” There was pervasive cheering and celebrating in the Northwhen Lincoln was assassinated, writes Tagg.

What can be funnier than a dyed in the wool racist calling Lincoln a racist? Someone who uses a neo-Nazi website to make their point.

uh. No

What can be funnier than a dyed in the wool racist calling Lincoln a racist? Someone who uses a neo-Nazi website to make their point.
LOL. So typical of the Lincoln cultist.

Try to be at least a little original, next time.

This is such good writing...

Immediately upon his death the Republican Party propaganda machine, led by Secretary of War Edwin Stanton, set about to turn his hated and reviled despot, who had launched an invasion of his own country that led to as many as 850,0000 deaths according to the latest research, into the symbol of the “virtuous” American state. He would become the murdered martyr who, like Jesus Christ (so they said at the time) died on Good Friday for the sins of his country, just as Christ died for the sins of the world. Because of this the American state, monopolized by the Republican Party for the succeeding half century (except for the Grover Cleveland diversion) would possess a “treasury of virtue,” as Robert Penn Warren described it in The Legacy of the Civil War. That would mean that anything the American state did – invade the Spanish empire, mass murder the Plains Indians in a crusade of genocide, intervene in World War I – anything – was “virtuous” by virtue of the fact that it was the American state that was doing it. This totalitarian ideology of “American exceptionalism” continues to poison America to this day.

What is wrong with you and the people doing these polls? What possible value to America can be had by making a worthless comparison between a current president and a president who has been dead over 150 years?
It`s the state of mind of today`s Republican party and it is indeed relevant to what we`re seeing today. Are you embarrassed? Sorry. Stick around long enough and you`ll see your fellow travelers bringing up former Senator Byrd and what he was 8 decades ago.

Every US president has suspended laws and authorized irregularities that lessened civil rights during time of war. Roosevelt, Bush, Woodrow Wilson, Lyndon Johnson, etc.
Lincoln is hardly alone in taking extraordinary measures during extraordinary times and that Lincoln was facing America's greatest threat, dissolution of America itself, should be taken into account but isn't by a very small collective of idiots denouncing Abraham Lincoln.

If he suspended some laws to keep our nation as one then I would view that as I would view a mother who locks her daughter in her room to keep her from roaming around and meeting her meth addict boyfriend at night.
What she did was "wrong" but in the larger picture a necessary move.

His indiscretions must be seen in context with the Civil War and since some cowardly racist shot and killed him the whole issue is moot anyway. Only a tiny minority of miscreants seems to have a problem with Lincoln.

Where is support for a claim that 53% of republicans are upset over the end of slavery? That's a smelly, steaming load of bullshit.

The truth of the matter is that Lincoln was a piss poor president. Fawning "historians" give him credit for saving the Union while the truth is that the Union fell apart on his watch and he did nothing but offer cute quips and lame plans to send Blacks back to Africa. If Lincoln had read Trump's book "The Art of the Deal" and quit acting like a freaking coward he might have confronted the Southern hot headed democrats and prevented them from breaking up the Union before the bloodshed that he thought would only last for a couple of months.

Every US president has suspended laws and authorized irregularities that lessened civil rights during time of war. Roosevelt, Bush, Woodrow Wilson, Lyndon Johnson, etc.
Lincoln is hardly alone in taking extraordinary measures during extraordinary times and that Lincoln was facing America's greatest threat, dissolution of America itself, should be taken into account but isn't by a very small collective of idiots denouncing Abraham Lincoln.

If he suspended some laws to keep our nation as one then I would view that as I would view a mother who locks her daughter in her room to keep her from roaming around and meeting her meth addict boyfriend at night.

His indiscretions must be seen in context with the Civil War and since some cowardly racist shot and killed him the whole issue is moot anyway. Only a tiny minority of miscreants seems to have a problem with Lincoln.
He still had to abide by the constitution and he shit all over it. ALL OVER IT.
He abused his powers. But I'm sure you only care about that when you don't agree with it right?

He abused his powers. But I'm sure you only care about that when you don't agree with it right?
Turn on your tv and learn what shitting on the constitution really looks like. You were against shitting on the Constitution before you were for it. Lincoln was a bad man but you want to have Trump`s baby. WTF is wrong with you?

Turn on your tv and learn what shitting on the constitution really looks like. You were against shitting on the Constitution before you were for it. Lincoln was a bad man but you want to have Trump`s baby. WTF is wrong with you?
There goes your delusion again.
0-2

What is wrong with you and the people doing these polls? What possible value to America can be had by making a worthless comparison between a current president and a president who has been dead over 150 years?
It`s the state of mind of today`s Republican party and it is indeed relevant to what we`re seeing today. Are you embarrassed? Sorry. Stick around long enough and you`ll see your fellow travelers bringing up former Senator Byrd and what he was 8 decades ago.
In no way am I embarrassed, nor is it close to the state of mine of any party. You folks are going to have to stop projecting what you think is going on with reality.

In no way am I embarrassed, nor is it close to the state of mine of any party. You folks are going to have to stop projecting what you think is going on with reality.
Your post is as senseless as the one above it. You and "TNHardly makes sense" should quit while you`re behind. You`re firing blanks.

Your post is as senseless as the one above it. You and "TNHardly makes sense" should quit while you`re behind. You`re firing blanks.
Firing blanks?
Both times you have replied to a post of mine, you just make shit up.
You are a bonafide dumbfuck

I guess this simple content is beyond your ability to comprehend.

Lincoln was no worse than any other president who has violated the law in times of war.
Yet you only cry and wet yourself in consternation over Lincoln.

Are you angry because of the 13th Amendment and the end of slavery? Or because he kept the nation in one piece?
There must be some rational reason why you have such a hard on against one of our greatest leaders?

What's wrong with you, is the question? I'm sure you can't see how absurd your whining is or you wouldn't be making
such an ass of yourself.

The Democratic party (aka the party of slavery, KKK, Segregation and Jim Crow laws) to this day, refer to the defeat of the Confederacy, as the "Great Disappointment." They would like nothing better than to go back to buying and selling humans as you would cattle.

Forum List

Back