Is Vladimir Putin evil?

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
Fair enough question.

Opinion: Vladimir Putin, just evil enough - CNN.com

(CNN) -- Vice President Joe Biden recently confided a sensational bit of news to the New Yorker magazine: In a 2011 meeting with Vladimir Putin, he had actually told Russia's then-prime minister that he had no "soul." Even more remarkable was Putin's response. "And he looked back at me, and he smiled, and he said, 'We understand one another.' "

Many people -- in Ukraine, Europe, America and even Russia -- probably share Biden and Putin's estimation of the Russian president's spiritual condition. In saying Putin has no soul, it means he seems to lack both the capacity to feel emotions and to show empathy.

Russia's leader certainly has a long record of inhumanity. He was an agent of the Soviet secret police, a criminal institution with a record that goes back to the purges of Stalin, a record more bloody than that of the Nazi SS.

I dislike Putin, and have zero trust in him.
Of course, I feel about the same about pretty much all American presidents since WWII.

Their politicians - of course they aren't nice.

Fair enough question.

Opinion: Vladimir Putin, just evil enough - CNN.com

(CNN) -- Vice President Joe Biden recently confided a sensational bit of news to the New Yorker magazine: In a 2011 meeting with Vladimir Putin, he had actually told Russia's then-prime minister that he had no "soul." Even more remarkable was Putin's response. "And he looked back at me, and he smiled, and he said, 'We understand one another.' "

Many people -- in Ukraine, Europe, America and even Russia -- probably share Biden and Putin's estimation of the Russian president's spiritual condition. In saying Putin has no soul, it means he seems to lack both the capacity to feel emotions and to show empathy.

Russia's leader certainly has a long record of inhumanity. He was an agent of the Soviet secret police, a criminal institution with a record that goes back to the purges of Stalin, a record more bloody than that of the Nazi SS.

Caught between the Scylla and Charybdis, a transitional figure, unable to break from the past, or convince many outside his domain, that he "changed". Without soul, due to decades of hiding his humanity.

Every human is capable of that which you people perceive to be "good" and "evil". There is no such thing as a "good" human or an "evil" human.

Forum List

Back