Islam is not inherently evil

Sunni--

Do you think Buddhism is a cult?
In my opinion, Buddhism is a more of a personal philosophy than a religion.

But No, Buddhism is Not a cult. :cool:

Tibetan Buddhism has all the same trappings as the RCC does. It has an organized sadhana, (just as the RCC has mass), it has tsog, ( a consecrated food offering, like communion), it has a confession, it has chanting in a foreign language, (much like the RCC used to have latin), it has incense, candles, holy water, vestments and special clothing to wear, holy pictures, statues and paintings etc etc.

Buddhism is a religion, it's a "non-theistic" religion. The sacred images are symbolic and represent enlightened qualities like love and compassion.

Whether Buddhism is a religion or a philosophy is debated among Buddhists. But it is much more than a simple set of ethical guidelines.

There is an entire skillful means aspect to Buddhist meditation.

Muslims destroyed many ancient Buddhist statues. Some of my teachers say the strife in the Middle East is partly due to that negative karma.

You appear to support the Taliban, Sunni.

Last edited:
You don't see Buddhism as a religion? Why did muslims destroy the buddhist statues in Afghanistan?
That was just my opinion.

The Taliban viewed the statues as religious idols and destroyed them.

Their laws and their country; so they had a right to do with them as they pleased. :cool:

So the Muslims destroyed Buddhist temples because it was their right. How do you feel about that, Sky Dancer?

Muslims destroyed many ancient Buddhist statues. Some of my teachers say the strife in the Middle East is partly due to that negative karma.

Yes, he said they had the right to destroy those Buddhist statues.

You don't see Buddhism as a religion? Why did muslims destroy the buddhist statues in Afghanistan?

Their laws and their country; so they had a right to do with them as they pleased. :cool:

So the Muslims destroyed Buddhist temples because it was their right. How do you feel about that, Sky Dancer?

They created a lot of negative karma doing that. Some of my teachers feel that is the reason there is so much war and strife in the Middle East.

You sure don't give a shit, since we're just a "cult" to you. Stop pretending you're some kind of ally.

Sunni Man has more respect for Buddhism than you do.

We're done, Buford.

They created a lot of negative karma doing that. Some of my teachers feel that is the reason there is so much war and strife in the Middle East.

You sure don't give a shit, since we're just a "cult" to you. Stop pretending you're some kind of ally.

:lmao:

We're done, Buford.

We're done, Buford.

Less than 45 minutes.

Certainly not a person of word.

The early christians destroyed religious buildings and statues for the same reason when they conquered new territory

I support people of any nation being allowed to direct and control their own destiny.

The Western nations always want to tell people in other countries how to live and what to do about everything.

It's the colonial mind set of "We know what's best for you".

I understand what you're saying. Nonetheless, when I traveled in Asia one of the saddest things I saw was religions tearing down each others sacred temples.

What the Taliban does is wrong.

The early christians destroyed religious buildings and statues for the same reason when they conquered new territory

Buford thinks Buddha images are idols. I doubt he minds if they are destroyed.

We're done, Buford.

Less than 45 minutes.

Certainly not a person of word.

I'm a person who changes my mind. Get used to it. Never mind, you're too rigid to deal with that.

I'm not here to make blood oaths to strangers. I'm here to have fun.

Now, if I'm temporarily finished talking to someone, I say so and move on. It's not a blood oath. It's a time out.

Then, I come back and talk to the person again.

You seem to have a very hard time when I change my mind. You have rigid requirements of me. I'm sorry you do since it causes you so much suffering.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back