Isn't the Bible Enough?

Again, getting lost in the debate of how God speaks to us takes away from how to fix the roads. You've proven my point, no religion in policy. Where is this God that people love to say speaks to them? I got a few words I'd like to say to him in person.

Again, getting lost in the debate of how God speaks to us takes away from how to fix the roads. You've proven my point, no religion in policy. Where is this God that people love to say speaks to them? I got a few words I'd like to say to him in person.

Pray he hears your prayers. He won't personally answer you but he will hear you.

Ask and I shall recieve right? Let my faith move mountains! I'm cursed from my fathers sins through the fourth generation. The wicked desires of my flesh that scream I must go see strippers tonight. Oh Lord I pray to thee, help me keep my money in my wallet.lol You are right, it's working.

Carter was a Sunday go to meetin' Jesus freak.
Critique him.

Why would he want to discuss someone from more than 30 years ago when he clearly would like to remain more contemporary?

Some people still have that playground mentality of "well he did it so I can too" and "my dad can beat up your dad". Will they ever outgrow it? Probably not when it seems such a popular stance these days.

Not for Mormon Mitt, he needs more scripture. Do we really need religion in our seperation of church and state government? Santorum can't stop preaching. He should be a pastor, not the president. Marriage is a religious conviction of morality. If your arguement is marriage is defined as a man and woman by a majority vote I can by that. It shouldn't be defined as a "what is right or wrong under God" law. That should be illegal in America. They never talk about the Christians having multiple wives in the Bible. How many did King Soleman have? Don't take bits and pieces of the Bible to start trying to explain why you won't allow gay marriage. Sin is sin but who am I to cast the first stone. Our forefathers made separation of church and state for a reason. American law is votes, not Proverbs.

Our forefathers made the issue that the government could not prescribe one particular religion. There was no prohibition of allowing religion to influence the conduct of government business. Given the attitudes of the Founders, a pretty good case can be made that all of their assumptions were that our legal system would be based on Christian-Judaic values.

I think prayers preceded most meetings of that time and that our loyalty oaths and swearing in at trial rely on religious underpinnings.

If you can find separation of Church and state in any of words of the Constitution, you are probably among those who also see the words that demand abortion occur.

I can find neither.

That aside, though, archaic and superstitious ideals that ostracize otherwise contributing members of the society run counter to the main thrusts of our American Societal ideals. The notion that property owning white men are the only people of record is bygone.

The coming notion is that penniless thugs need be organized into voting majorities to wrest the reward of the work from those with initiative.

The Founders would understand the drift from the religious fervor they felt, but would blanch at the notion that the indolent are being elevated due to the communist nature of our thinking today.

If they wanted our laws to be based on religion than why did they use British common law which is based on common sense things that people innately know are wrong? Having a prayer before getting down to business has nothing to do with religious influence and everything they founding fathers wrote shows they actually did not want religion to influence politics anymore than they wanted politics to influence religion.

The atheists such as the Bill Mahers of the right and left are unimportant in contributing to this subject.

Not for Mormon Mitt, he needs more scripture. Do we really need religion in our seperation of church and state government? Santorum can't stop preaching. He should be a pastor, not the president. Marriage is a religious conviction of morality. If your arguement is marriage is defined as a man and woman by a majority vote I can by that. It shouldn't be defined as a "what is right or wrong under God" law. That should be illegal in America. They never talk about the Christians having multiple wives in the Bible. How many did King Soleman have? Don't take bits and pieces of the Bible to start trying to explain why you won't allow gay marriage. Sin is sin but who am I to cast the first stone. Our forefathers made separation of church and state for a reason. American law is votes, not Proverbs.

Our forefathers made the issue that the government could not prescribe one particular religion. There was no prohibition of allowing religion to influence the conduct of government business. Given the attitudes of the Founders, a pretty good case can be made that all of their assumptions were that our legal system would be based on Christian-Judaic values.

I think prayers preceded most meetings of that time and that our loyalty oaths and swearing in at trial rely on religious underpinnings.

If you can find separation of Church and state in any of words of the Constitution, you are probably among those who also see the words that demand abortion occur.

I can find neither.

That aside, though, archaic and superstitious ideals that ostracize otherwise contributing members of the society run counter to the main thrusts of our American Societal ideals. The notion that property owning white men are the only people of record is bygone.

The coming notion is that penniless thugs need be organized into voting majorities to wrest the reward of the work from those with initiative.

The Founders would understand the drift from the religious fervor they felt, but would blanch at the notion that the indolent are being elevated due to the communist nature of our thinking today.

Read the first amendment that States Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion. I do like your poetic speech though.

As you were busy fine tuning your prose, it would appear you did not do any factual research for an analysis of my thesis.lol

Do you have a brain?

Do you have a brain?

Have you read your avatar signature lately? My piece of awsomeness you love to highlight is nothing compared to that madness. You talk it but will you walk it?

Do you have a brain?

That is up to debate. Are we spirits or are we flesh and bone, or both? By faith not by sight right? You can't always trust what you see.

Do you have a brain?

Have you read your avatar signature lately? My piece of awsomeness you love to highlight is nothing compared to that madness. You talk it but will you walk it?

My avatar does not have a signature, do you have a brain?

Do you have a brain?

That is up to debate. Are we spirits or are we flesh and bone, or both? By faith not by sight right? You can't always trust what you see.

If I trusted what I saw I would not ask if you have a brain, I would trust that, because you are posting, you have one.

Do you have a brain?

If I trusted what I saw I would not ask if you have a brain, I would trust that, because you are posting, you have one.

What do you call that speech under your posts? It is called a signature on the control panel. I would beg to differ. It is the mere evidence of me posting that would suggest I do not have a brain. No person with a brain would give away such wisdom for free.lol

Thus thou shalt concludist that therin lies the evidence ye seek to answer your profound question.

What do you call that speech under your posts? It is called a signature on the control panel. I would beg to differ. It is the mere evidence of me posting that would suggest I do not have a brain. No person with a brain would give away such wisdom for free.lol

Did you really just ask that? My avatar appears at the top left of all my posts, unless you have avatars turned off. It represents a fundamental paradox in quantum physics, so is probably beyond your understanding, but here is a really simple explanation of it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCOE__N6v4o]Schrodingers Cat - YouTube[/ame]

As for the signature, which has nothing tio do with my avatar, it is a fundamental statement of individuality and self reliance, and comes from a science fiction novel.

Since, as I suspected, and you admitted, you do not have a brain you will not actually understand what I just posted. Feel free to posture and pretend that you are being witty, I will no longer reply to you directly, I will just occasionally post to mock you with the people on this board who actually have thoughts.

Yep, and all this time Votes and laws kept Marriage here, one Man, One Woman. Next Batter.

Did you really just ask that? My avatar appears at the top left of all my posts, unless you have avatars turned off. It represents a fundamental paradox in quantum physics, so is probably beyond your understanding, but here is a really simple explanation of it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCOE__N6v4o]Schrodingers Cat - YouTube[/ame]

As for the signature, which has nothing tio do with my avatar, it is a fundamental statement of individuality and self reliance, and comes from a science fiction novel.

Since, as I suspected, and you admitted, you do not have a brain you will not actually understand what I just posted. Feel free to posture and pretend that you are being witty, I will no longer reply to you directly, I will just occasionally post to mock you with the people on this board who actually have thoughts.

ok thanks douchebag, I mean windbag. Go back to the enterprise and quantum physics your ass outta my solar system. My elliptical light scanners will ensure that the alpha projectiles don't affect your thrusters. you watch to much big brain theory.....now understand this........still waiting.........that is the sound of your brain trying to think of a comeback.

to funny, you even post Big bang theory videos. You only dream of pulling girls that hot. Here's a thought, get a boyfriend, then you won't have to worry about it anymore. Engage the transducers Volcar, we have bogies in our telometer.

Yep, and all this time Votes and laws kept Marriage here, one Man, One Woman. Next Batter.

Not in Utah.

Forum List

Back