Isn't this sad...30-30 ammo

Very true. By "firefight" I meant doing a mag dump in their general direction, while seeking cover. Like they say, "a handgun is only good for fighting your way to your rifle."

Spray and Pray ... :auiqs.jpg:
What a terrible waste of ammo.

Very true. By "firefight" I meant doing a mag dump in their general direction, while seeking cover. Like they say, "a handgun is only good for fighting your way to your rifle."

Spray and Pray ... :auiqs.jpg:
What a terrible waste of ammo.

More like "spray, pray, and run like hell." Anyone wanting to stand out in the open during a gunfight, is going to get shot. It's called the "funnel of death."

And there's a difference between "concealment" and "cover."
Concealment doesn't stop bullets.

I agree. However, if the most repressive COVID restrictions come to fruition then good, patriotic Americans might find themselves forced to resist this level of tyranny. Most gun owners would be killed, as even local SRT/SWAT units train to breach and shoot to kill on at least a weekly basis. Most gun owners will also hesitate if faced with a COVID SWAT team kicking down their doors; SWAT shooters WILL NOT hesitate. The good news? Local, state and federal tactical weapons teams are programmed to follow specific breach and clear training protocols which do no lend themselves to modification or variation on the fly, thus they can be exploited—if one knows how. Alas, let us hope such days never arrive.

Lol ... I'm just glad that I live in a part of the country that if the Sheriff's SWAT team shows up at my house, it'll be because they need more ammo.
They won't be coming for guns, they'll be covering my six as we fight our way to Chief's house, to see if he's lined up a few of his guys to join the rebellion.

Yeah, what a mess ... Hope the day never comes.

Last edited:
I agree. However, if the most repressive COVID restrictions come to fruition then good, patriotic Americans might find themselves forced to resist this level of tyranny. Most gun owners would be killed, as even local SRT/SWAT units train to breach and shoot to kill on at least a weekly basis. Most gun owners will also hesitate if faced with a COVID SWAT team kicking down their doors; SWAT shooters WILL NOT hesitate. The good news? Local, state and federal tactical weapons teams are programmed to follow specific breach and clear training protocols which do no lend themselves to modification or variation on the fly, thus they can be exploited—if one knows how. Alas, let us hope such days never arrive.

Lol ... I'm just glad that I live in a part of the country that if the Sheriff's SWAT team shows up at my house, it'll be because they need more ammo.
They won't be coming for guns, they'll be covering my six as we fight our way to Chief's house, to see if he's lined up a few of his guys to join the rebellion.

Yeah, what mess ... Hope the day never comes.

That's the good thing about living in the rural. Our LEOs are pretty cool here, and pro-concealed carry.

Nothing to do with Biden and everything to do with scared dumb-asses buying up everything. "Biden gonna take my guns so I gotta buy more guns". Dumbasses. I pretty much had to quit shooting and hold on to what I have because panic buying has made the cost prohibitive.

Seems to me like buying up all the ammo you can before it becomes unavailable, is not "dumbassery".

It's really quite smart. The only "dumbasses" are the ones who didn't prepare in advance.

Wanna buy some 9mm? How's $1 a round sound? I do take Paypal.

:laughing0301:
I'm fine. It's just ridiculous how well gun and ammo manufacturers have the gun nutters trained to pay whatever ridiculous price they charge based on a fear of something that will never happen.

Seeing how you bitched about the price and that you'd be willing to pay it, wouldn't you be a "gun nutter" too?

What do you have in store? Two boxes of 50 rounds? Four boxes? Do you even know how fast that would get burned up in a firefight?
A firefight with who? the government? Pretty sure they have more and better. I like to shoot but what separates me from gun nutters is that I have no fear that government is going to take them away, I do not see them as some kind of political statement and I have a realistic view of their necessity and utility as protection. They are simply my most expensive and least used tools.

No, not the government. They're the last ones you need to worry about. If the shit hits the fan, they're all going to be hunkered down at home with their own families.

What you'd really need to be concerned about would be roving gangs of desperate hungry people whose SNAP cards no longer work, willing to kill you for whatever morsel of food, bottled water, or anything else of value that you might have.

What would it take? We are not as strong as a country as we think we are. Suppose the power grid is attacked: It would take approximately five days before all hell breaks loose. Water would become unavailable in most cities, stores would be emptied out within the first two days. No power, no lights, no heat, no gasoline, no radio, no television, no internet.

That's some serious shit we're talking about and yes, even though we're the most powerful country in the world, it could happen here.

Hard to plan ops on zero sleep. And it's hard to sleep when you live amongst the people you are attacking.

We went sleepless for two weeks on many occasions, save for naps on our feet or with our heads bouncing around the back of armored vehicles, some guys getting concussions that way, even with their k pots on. I'd be smoking, dipping Kodiak and doing raw ground coffee on the other side of my lip—all at the same time, asking myself if I had just taken a chew or should do another one yet. We called it "refried"; consciousness like the blandness of refried bean paste. But when contacts came, no matter how refried we were, we got pretty frosty pretty quick.

Shooting someone, or rather shooting at them and hitting them, is not a process of deep thought or long contemplation. If a shooter is sitting there thinking about how to shoot at and hit the enemy, then he or she needs to go back to school and is very likely about to get plugged. Shooting at and hitting the enemy is all muscle memory—from point blank out to about five hundred meters. If a shooter doesn't have that muscle memory, if it is missing from their finger, arm, neck and eye muscles, then they probably aren't gonna be very effective—but that's most line unit guys (and gals now) anyway, save for Marine Riflemen. But if you're doing five hours a day in breach and clear in kill houses or on move and shoot range sessions, building and building that muscle memory, then when you get your first live contact, that memory should see you through. Don't think, shoot. Don't think about how to aim, shoot. Don't fixate on one target if even that's all there is; just shoot and scan and and move and repeat. turtling up in defilade is an enemy grenade's wet dream, an RPG's orgasm.

Of course, we were talking about things happening back in the world, here, right? Easy to forget sometimes.

Nothing to do with Biden and everything to do with scared dumb-asses buying up everything. "Biden gonna take my guns so I gotta buy more guns". Dumbasses. I pretty much had to quit shooting and hold on to what I have because panic buying has made the cost prohibitive.

Seems to me like buying up all the ammo you can before it becomes unavailable, is not "dumbassery".

It's really quite smart. The only "dumbasses" are the ones who didn't prepare in advance.

I'm fine. It's just ridiculous how well gun and ammo manufacturers have the gun nutters trained to pay whatever ridiculous price they charge based on a fear of something that will never happen.

Seeing how you bitched about the price and that you'd be willing to pay it, wouldn't you be a "gun nutter" too?

What do you have in store? Two boxes of 50 rounds? Four boxes? Do you even know how fast that would get burned up in a firefight?
A firefight with who? the government? Pretty sure they have more and better. I like to shoot but what separates me from gun nutters is that I have no fear that government is going to take them away, I do not see them as some kind of political statement and I have a realistic view of their necessity and utility as protection. They are simply my most expensive and least used tools.

No, not the government. They're the last ones you need to worry about. If the shit hits the fan, they're all going to be hunkered down at home with their own families.

What you'd really need to be concerned about would be roving gangs of desperate hungry people whose SNAP cards no longer work, willing to kill you for whatever morsel of food, bottled water, or anything else of value that you might have.

What would it take? We are not as strong as a country as we think we are. Suppose the power grid is attacked: It would take approximately five days before all hell breaks loose. Water would become unavailable in most cities, stores would be emptied out within the first two days. No power, no lights, no heat, no gasoline, no radio, no television, no internet.

That's some serious shit we're talking about and yes, even though we're the most powerful country in the world, it could happen here.

Hard to plan ops on zero sleep. And it's hard to sleep when you live amongst the people you are attacking.

We went sleepless for two weeks on many occasions, save for naps on our feet or with our heads bouncing around the back of armored vehicles, some guys getting concussions that way, even with their k pots on. I'd be smoking, dipping Kodiak and doing raw ground coffee on the other side of my lip—all at the same time, asking myself if I had just taken a chew or should do another one yet. We called it "refried"; consciousness like the blandness of refried bean paste. But when contacts came, no matter how refried we were, we got pretty frosty pretty quick.

Shooting someone, or rather shooting at them and hitting them, is not a process of deep thought or long contemplation. If a shooter is sitting there thinking about how to shoot at and hit the enemy, then he or she needs to go back to school and is very likely about to get plugged. Shooting at and hitting the enemy is all muscle memory—from point blank out to about five hundred meters. If a shooter doesn't have that muscle memory, if it is missing from their finger, arm, neck and eye muscles, then they probably aren't gonna be very effective—but that's most line unit guys (and gals now) anyway, save for Marine Riflemen. But if you're doing five hours a day in breach and clear in kill houses or on move and shoot range sessions, building and building that muscle memory, then when you get your first live contact, that memory should see you through. Don't think, shoot. Don't think about how to aim, shoot. Don't fixate on one target if even that's all there is; just shoot and scan and and move and repeat. turtling up in defilade is an enemy grenade's wet dream, an RPG's orgasm.

Of course, we were talking about things happening back in the world, here, right? Easy to forget sometimes.

It's humbling to be in the presence of somebody who knows what he's talking about. Thank you for your service.

That's the good thing about living in the rural. Our LEOs are pretty cool here, and pro-concealed carry.

The State where I live added a Firearms Amendment to our State Constitution, minus any debatable language (passed with over 80% support by the people's vote).
At the same time the State Legislature passed a law that made Lifetime CAC permits free for military veterans.
They also added a provision that if you are veteran and have a verified record of your small arms training, you don't even have to qualify to get your CAC.

How long are we going to be in a "buy it while you can!" situation. Seems like year after year after year we hear the same thing. I should have invested in Federal, Winchester and Remington instead of my 401K. They are making a killing off the paranoia.

The State where I live added a Firearms Amendment to our State Constitution, minus any debatable language (passed with over 80% support by the people's vote).
At the same time the State Legislature passed a law that made Lifetime CAC permits free for military veterans.
They also added a provision that if you are veteran and have a verified record of your small arms training, you don't even have to qualify to get your CAC.

I am jealous. My state got theirs back in 2011, when Scott Walker was Governor. As a veteran I got mine by submitting a copy of my DD-214, and $50, which covered the background check. Without prior military experience, and applicant would have to take a course. Ours is good for 8 years.

How long are we going to be in a "buy it while you can!" situation. Seems like year after year after year we hear the same thing. I should have invested in Federal, Winchester and Remington instead of my 401K. They are making a killing off the paranoia.

Pfft ... Airline stocks offered a much better short-term windfall after the COVID scare, and subsequent gains over the following months.

Violence of action and momentum.

We're already out of the "buy it while you can!" situation, as there is very little to be bought. But if you had bought a 50-round box of commercial 9mm back in the salad days for $8.50 at Walmart when they cleared out their pistol ammo, that same box would be worth $50 or $60 bucks today. They also cleared out their stock of AR-15s for one-third of the retail price.

Just don't stand on the street corner in California and sell it to passersby for $1 a round, that got him arrested. You'd probably get arrested in Illinois or Minnesota too. But not here in Wisconsin. I snatch up any of it I can find at garage sales or flea markets in the summer.

As far as I see, it's the retailers that are making the profits, you can still order from Federal at near reasonable prices, but any retail links are fucking nuts.

Under no circumstance or no matter how much money is involved should you sell, offer, or trade a bed wetting parasite ammunition.

At this point if they are that desperate, just take their shit. They have nothing to offer worth giving them the means to steal anything else.

It was only a joke. :04:
...says the guy who spends most of his free time loading rounds in his garage...

Saw this at Calguns forum...

30-30 ammo
I am in search of any 30-30 ammo. Will pay reasonable market price. I am located in Sonora, CA but will travel up too two hours or 150 miles. TEXT me...

30-30 was one of the most common calibers that you could always depend on being available along with '06 during any ammo shortage. But both have dried up for the last couple months in the rustbelt.

If you got a 6.5 Creedmoor or a 8mm Mauser you are in luck. Both calibers were in stock for a handful of boxes. Along with some oddball rifle calibers that few people have heard of.

Pistol calibers and .22= zero availability here. Biden is smiling.

View attachment 418539
Biden doesn't control the production of ammo.

Saw this at Calguns forum...

30-30 ammo
I am in search of any 30-30 ammo. Will pay reasonable market price. I am located in Sonora, CA but will travel up too two hours or 150 miles. TEXT me...

30-30 was one of the most common calibers that you could always depend on being available along with '06 during any ammo shortage. But both have dried up for the last couple months in the rustbelt.

If you got a 6.5 Creedmoor or a 8mm Mauser you are in luck. Both calibers were in stock for a handful of boxes. Along with some oddball rifle calibers that few people have heard of.

Pistol calibers and .22= zero availability here. Biden is smiling.

View attachment 418539
Biden doesn't control the production of ammo.

Biden most likely won't control anything during his time in the WH. He's just a figurehead.

Forum List

Back