Israel attacks civilians

Depends on your definition of "start."

Since it was Jewish military assaults in both the "Independent Arab" and "Jewish States" that resulted in the expulsion of over 700,000 Palestinian Arabs from their homes and businesses, I'm thinking the winning side is the one that started the conflict. (Unless you count Lord Balfour)

The Arabs attacked in 1948. Lost.
The Arabs started in 1967, Israelis finished. Arabs lost.
The Arabs attacked in 1973. Lost.

Did I forget any Arab losses? There were so many, sometimes I lose track.
We're in agreement on 1973's aggressor.

In 1967 Israel struck first at Egypt days before killing 34 Americans on the USS Liberty.

The blame for 1948 belongs to Lord Balfour and Harry Truman.

Yeah, the Arabs started prepping for battle, the Israelis didn't wait. The Israelis won, the Arabs lost. Get over it.

Is there any reason why Arabs would look favorably on those bent on stealing their land, water, and oil?

The Ottoman Empire lost.
The Arabs attacking Israel lost.
I'm noticing a pattern.
Rich white guys (and their proxies) win a lot of wars?

THREE TITLES [3] for the PRICE OF ONE.

Smedley Butler knew that nine decades ago.

I was thinking more along the lines of Arabs are whiny losers.

Depends on your definition of "start."

Since it was Jewish military assaults in both the "Independent Arab" and "Jewish States" that resulted in the expulsion of over 700,000 Palestinian Arabs from their homes and businesses, I'm thinking the winning side is the one that started the conflict. (Unless you count Lord Balfour)

In 1967 Israel struck first at Egypt days before killing 34 Americans on the USS Liberty.

Israel did attack first but it was a preparative strike as the Egyptians Jordanians and Syrians massed troops around Israeli borders.

To attack first when you know for a certainty that you are going to be attacked is a simple decision to make, this move was inevitable and was done out of necessity.

In May 1967, Nasser received false reports from the Soviet Union that Israel was massing on the Syrian border.[20] Nasser began massing his troops in the Sinai Peninsula on Israel's border (May 16), expelled the UNEF force from Gaza and Sinai (May 19), and took up UNEF positions at Sharm el-Sheikh, overlooking the Straits of Tiran.[21][22] UN Secretary-General U Thant proposed that the UNEF force be redeployed on the Israeli side of the border, but this was rejected by Israel despite U.S. pressure.[23] Israel reiterated declarations made in 1957 that any closure of the Straits would be considered an act of war, or a justification for war.[24][25] Nasser declared the Straits closed to Israeli shipping on May. 22–23. On 27 May he stated "Our basic objective will be the destruction of Israel. The Arab people want to fight." [26] On May 30, Jordan and Egypt signed a defense pact. The following day, at Jordan's invitation, the Iraqi army began deploying troops and armored units in Jordan.[27] They were later reinforced by an Egyptian contingent. On June 1, Israel formed a National Unity Government by widening its cabinet, and on June 4 the decision was made to go to war. The next morning, Israel launched Operation Focus, a large-scale surprise air strike that was the opening of the Six-Day War.

Those Arab armies were the ones playing defense.
If not for their presence, Israel would have conquered all the land between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River a full generation before it did.
Can you explain why Jews alone, among all the displaced tribes throughout history, are entitled to land their ancestors conquered thousands of years ago?

Those Arab armies were the ones playing defense.
Come on man, this is unreasonable.
Are you saying that Arab armies defensibly attacked Israel the day after the deceleration of it's independence?
I'm saying the Arab armies took defensive positions around the Arab State called for as part of the UN partition of Palestine.

Are you denying the existence of western imperial motives behind Israel's "independence?"
Are you denying the existence of western imperial motives behind Israel's "independence?
I do not know if there are imperial motives behind Israel's independence , and in all fairness i really don't care if there were such motives.
Why is it at all relevant ?

Israel did attack first but it was a preparative strike as the Egyptians Jordanians and Syrians massed troops around Israeli borders.

To attack first when you know for a certainty that you are going to be attacked is a simple decision to make, this move was inevitable and was done out of necessity.

In May 1967, Nasser received false reports from the Soviet Union that Israel was massing on the Syrian border.[20] Nasser began massing his troops in the Sinai Peninsula on Israel's border (May 16), expelled the UNEF force from Gaza and Sinai (May 19), and took up UNEF positions at Sharm el-Sheikh, overlooking the Straits of Tiran.[21][22] UN Secretary-General U Thant proposed that the UNEF force be redeployed on the Israeli side of the border, but this was rejected by Israel despite U.S. pressure.[23] Israel reiterated declarations made in 1957 that any closure of the Straits would be considered an act of war, or a justification for war.[24][25] Nasser declared the Straits closed to Israeli shipping on May. 22–23. On 27 May he stated "Our basic objective will be the destruction of Israel. The Arab people want to fight." [26] On May 30, Jordan and Egypt signed a defense pact. The following day, at Jordan's invitation, the Iraqi army began deploying troops and armored units in Jordan.[27] They were later reinforced by an Egyptian contingent. On June 1, Israel formed a National Unity Government by widening its cabinet, and on June 4 the decision was made to go to war. The next morning, Israel launched Operation Focus, a large-scale surprise air strike that was the opening of the Six-Day War.
Moshe Dayan was the Israeli defense minister in 1967. In a 1997 NYT interview he explained that Israeli settlers' greed for land" inspired them to provoke the Syrians to shoot at them which lead directly to the Israeli invasion and seizure of the Golan Heights.

In a 1982 speech to the Israeli National Defense College, Menachem Begin stated the Egyptian army concentrations near the Sinai did not prove Nasser was about to attack. Begin further claimed if Israelis were honest they would admit they decided to attack Egypt.

What should be crystal clear to any objective observer is the absolute illegality of Israel's occupation and creeping annexation of Gaza and the West Bank, where over one million Palestinians lived, was instigated by the six day war.

Even the US approved UNSCR 242 which stated "the inadmissibility of the acquisition of territory by war" and called for immediate Israeli withdrawal from recently occupied territories.

Yeah, the Arabs started prepping for battle, the Israelis didn't wait. The Israelis won, the Arabs lost. Get over it.
Follow the money.

After Israeli aggression in 1967 proved the usefulness of the Jewish state to US strategic doctrine in the Middle East, the payoff was immediate. Between '67 and '72 total US aid to Israel jumped from $6.4billion per year to $9.2 billion. US loans for purchases of US weapons spiked from $22 million in the '60s to $445 million per year between '70-'74.

Meanwhile survivors of Israel's heroic assault on the USS Liberty were told to keep their mouths shut about the cold blooded murder of 34 Americans or go to prison.

Are you over that?

Moshe Dayan was the Israeli defense minister in 1967. In a 1997 NYT interview he explained that Israeli settlers' greed for land" inspired them to provoke the Syrians to shoot at them which lead directly to the Israeli invasion and seizure of the Golan Heights.

In a 1982 speech to the Israeli National Defense College, Menachem Begin stated the Egyptian army concentrations near the Sinai did not prove Nasser was about to attack. Begin further claimed if Israelis were honest they would admit they decided to attack Egypt.

What should be crystal clear to any objective observer is the absolute illegality of Israel's occupation and creeping annexation of Gaza and the West Bank, where over one million Palestinians lived, was instigated by the six day war.

Even the US approved UNSCR 242 which stated "the inadmissibility of the acquisition of territory by war" and called for immediate Israeli withdrawal from recently occupied territories.

In a 1982 speech to the Israeli National Defense College, Menachem Begin stated the Egyptian army concentrations near the Sinai did not prove Nasser was about to attack
Of course, when a country pulls its troops near the border of a neighboring country it's actually an olive branch ... how did the Israeli missed that ?
I get it the soldiers of Egypt, Syria , and Jordan just wanted to wave their hands at Israel.
And this was just joke:

Nasser declared the Straits closed to Israeli shipping on May. 22–23. On 27 May he stated "Our basic objective will be the destruction of Israel. The Arab people want to fight."
If only Israel had a scene of humor...

What should be crystal clear to any objective observer is the absolute illegality of Israel's occupation and creeping annexation of Gaza and the West Bank
How exactly is Gaza occupied territory or the west bank for that matter ?
Israeli goverment does not rule Gaza or the West bank.
There is no Israeli military posted in Gaza or the West bank.
Where is the occupation ?

Come on man, this is unreasonable.
Are you saying that Arab armies defensibly attacked Israel the day after the deceleration of it's independence?
I'm saying the Arab armies took defensive positions around the Arab State called for as part of the UN partition of Palestine.

Are you denying the existence of western imperial motives behind Israel's "independence?"
Are you denying the existence of western imperial motives behind Israel's "independence?
I do not know if there are imperial motives behind Israel's independence , and in all fairness i really don't care if there were such motives.
Why is it at all relevant ?
Because the same divide and conquer tactics the British employed in 1609 Ireland worked again in 1948 Palestine. War is a racket, and I expect the relevance of imperial motives would be far more obvious to you had you been born in a Palestinian refugee camp.

Of course, when a country pulls its troops near the border of a neighboring country it's actually an olive branch ... how did the Israeli missed that ?
I get it the soldiers of Egypt, Syria , and Jordan just wanted to wave their hands at Israel.
And this was just joke:

Nasser declared the Straits closed to Israeli shipping on May. 22–23. On 27 May he stated "Our basic objective will be the destruction of Israel. The Arab people want to fight."

What should be crystal clear to any objective observer is the absolute illegality of Israel's occupation and creeping annexation of Gaza and the West Bank
Israel controls what goes in and out of Gaza

Follow the money.

After Israeli aggression in 1967 proved the usefulness of the Jewish state to US strategic doctrine in the Middle East, the payoff was immediate. Between '67 and '72 total US aid to Israel jumped from $6.4billion per year to $9.2 billion. US loans for purchases of US weapons spiked from $22 million in the '60s to $445 million per year between '70-'74.

Meanwhile survivors of Israel's heroic assault on the USS Liberty were told to keep their mouths shut about the cold blooded murder of 34 Americans or go to prison.

Are you over that?

Yes, I'm over whiny Arabs who keep losing territory and whining to get their land back.

Follow the money.

Are you over that?

Yes, I'm over whiny Arabs who keep losing territory and whining to get their land back.

Palestine has never lost any land to Israel.

Follow the money.

Are you over that?

Palestine has never lost any land to Israel.

Keep telling yourself that. And whining.
And it was the Arabs who lost, not Palestine. LOL!

And this was just joke:

The West Bank and Gaza were occupied in 1967 and represent 22% of historic Palestine not occupied by Israel in 1948 and 1949. All 22% is illegally occupied land under international law. All 450,000 Israeli settlers on the West Bank were put there in violations of the Geneva conventions. Over 10,000 Palestinian men, women and children are held in Israeli prisons while 0 Israelis currently reside in Palestinian prisons. Physical abuse and torture are frequent. Palestinian borders (even internal ones) are controlled by Israeli forces and Israeli aircraft patrol Palestinian air space. Israel's continued military occupation and confiscation of privately owned land on the West Bank and its control over Gaza are extremely oppressive and designed to provide Palestinians with minimal control over their own lives.

In short, it's an occupation by a country that defines itself not by its citizens but of "Jewish people everywhere." Where a Jew from New York is entitled to land taken from native Christians and Muslims under edicts like the "absentee-property law" and the Jewish law of return. New Zionist immigrants who occupy Palestinian land believe they are redeeming the land from "squatters" whose families have lived on the land for generations.

Those Arab armies were the ones playing defense.If not for their presence, Israel would have conquered all the land between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River a full generation before it did.Can you explain why Jews alone, among all the displaced tribes throughout history, are entitled to land their ancestors conquered thousands of years ago?
Get a life.

Forum List

Back