🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Israel attacks civilians

RAMALLAH, (PIC)-- The UN office for the coordination of humanitarian affairs (OCHA) said in its weekly report covering some Israeli violations from 20 to 26 June that Israel demolished 15 Palestinian homes and structures in the occupied territories of the West Bank and Jerusalem during the reporting period.

According to its report, 20 Palestinians were rendered homeless as a result of these demolitions.

The report recalled that Israel has razed 371 Palestinian structures, including 124 residential buildings since the beginning of the current year and consequently displaced 600 Palestinians.

OCHA: Israel razed 15 Palestinian structures in one week
Illegal and unauthorized structures, most likely. That's the usual reason.

RAMALLAH, (PIC)-- The UN office for the coordination of humanitarian affairs (OCHA) said in its weekly report covering some Israeli violations from 20 to 26 June that Israel demolished 15 Palestinian homes and structures in the occupied territories of the West Bank and Jerusalem during the reporting period.

According to its report, 20 Palestinians were rendered homeless as a result of these demolitions.

The report recalled that Israel has razed 371 Palestinian structures, including 124 residential buildings since the beginning of the current year and consequently displaced 600 Palestinians.

They should stop building on land that doesn't belong to them.
They should stop building without proper permits.

The UN office for the coordination of humanitarian affairs (OCHA) said in its weekly report covering some Israeli violations from 20 to 26 June that Israel demolished 15 Palestinian homes and structures in the occupied territories of the West Bank and Jerusalem during the reporting period. ... The report recalled that Israel has razed 371 Palestinian structures, including 124 residential buildings since the beginning of the current year and consequently displaced 600 Palestinians.
So many palistanian squatters!

Hollie,

I am quite familiar with this popular tactic, of right wing types ,of attacking the messenger to deflect from the truth being told about events unfolding with respect to Israel. And it has really gotten old, and simply does not work anymore. It has lost its effectiveness.

Robert Fisk has worked as a journalist in Lebanon for deacades, and he has written thousands of articles for papers and written two very detailed books about the events unfloding in Lebanon and throughout the Middle East, entitled Pity The Nation and The Great War For Civilisation.

Here is what Robert Fisk reported about land ownership in Israel, pre 1948, and as I write this, I realize I was wrong about the percentage of land with an Arab and Israeli owner today, that figure is 70%, not 90%. And it is not only Israel who holds records establishing these facts, Turkey does, too.

"The Custodian of Absentee Property did not choose to discuss politics. But when I asked him how much of the land of the state of Israel might potentially have two claimants — an Arab and a Jew holding respectively a British mandate and an Israeli deed to the same property — he said he believed that ‘about 70 percent’ might fall into this category. If this figure was accurate — and it should be remembered that over half of Israel in 1948 consisted of the Negev desert — then it suggested that Arabs owned a far greater proportion of that part of Palestine which became Israel than has previously been imagined. Jacob Manor seemed unaffected by this fact. ‘Do you really believe that the Palestinians want to come back?’ he asked. ‘Most of them have died. And their children are in good positions now.’

If this extraordinary statement involved a blindness to reality, it provided no warning of the storm of anger and abuse which my series of articles in The Times was to generate among Israelis and their supporters in Britain. At some length and in careful detail I had told the story of David Damiani, Kanaan Abut Khadra, Fatima Zamzam and of another Palestinian woman, Rifka Boulos, who had lost land in Jerusalem. To visit their former homes and lands had been like touching history. For I had also told of the lives of those who now lived on or near those lands. Save for one mention of a PLO official in Beirut — the spokesman slugging champagne at the diplomatic reception — Yassir Arafat’s organisation did not receive a single reference in the thousands of words I wrote. The Times also carried a long interview with Jacob Manor. But the reaction to the articles — a series that dealt with Palestinians as individual human beings rather than as some kind of refugee caste manipulated by fanatics and ‘terrorists’ — was deeply instructive."

Robert Fisk - The Keys to Palestine

Sherri
I guess Sherri thinks Winston Churchill was a liar when he said that the Arabs came in hordes from their poor surrounding countries when the Jews had jobs for them, the same reason the Hispanics are coming to the U.S. and the Muslims to Europe -- for jobs. By the way, Sherri, why did your better half leave that wonderful Muslim country of Iran?

jt2

Hossfly,

Why should I care what you say Winston Churchill said at some unknown date in the past?

What possible relevance does this man's statements you set forth have to do with anything?

We are addressing the population of Palestine pre-1948, and what percentage were Arab versus Jewish, and land ownership then, do you have anything addressing that?

My husband came to the US to attend school here, and he later became a resident and then a citizen.

Sherri

What's wrong with giving them a fine and some time to bring their home up to code?

Shouldn't the punishment fit the crime?

You should stop acting like you have a brain!

Did you ever figure out who owned the "West Bank" before Israel decided to occupy?
Or are you going to run away again, Princess?

Toddsterpatriot,

Why do you keep asking this same question over and over? I know I have answered this before, sovereignty in the land lies with the indigenous peoples, and I think the proper date to determine who the indigenous peoples with rights in the land are, is 1947, when the UN Partition Plan was voted upon. We look to land ownership then.

Sherri

Did you ever figure out who owned the "West Bank" before Israel decided to occupy?

Toddsterpatriot,

Why do you keep asking this same question over and over? I know I have answered this before, sovereignty in the land lies with the indigenous peoples, and I think the proper date to determine who the indigenous peoples with rights in the land are, is 1947, when the UN Partition Plan was voted upon. We look to land ownership then.

Sherri

Why do you keep asking this same question over and over?

Because Princess refuses to answer.

sovereignty in the land lies with the indigenous peoples

They didn't have it under the Ottomans.

Toddsterpatriot,

Sherri

Toddsterpatriot,

Everywhere there was a Mandate after WW1 and the breakup of the Ottoman empire , the lands in the Mandate have been turned over to the indigenous peoples except in Palestine. The people have a right of self determination to form their own state in these lands, under intl law, that can potentially be satisfied by either the one state or two state options, in my opinion. This UN document addresses these issues.

The Origins and Evolution of the Palestine Problem - CEIRPP, DPR study, part I: 1917-1947 (30 June 1978)

Sherri

Toddsterpatriot,

Sherri

Toddsterpatriot,

Everywhere there was a Mandate after WW1 and the breakup of the Ottoman empire , the lands in the Mandate have been turned over to the indigenous peoples except in Palestine. The people have a right of self determination to form their own state in these lands, under intl law, that can potentially be satisfied by either the one state or two state options, in my opinion. This UN document addresses these issues.

The Origins and Evolution of the Palestine Problem - CEIRPP, DPR study, part I: 1917-1947 (30 June 1978)

Sherri

The people have a right of self determination to form their own state in these lands

Yeah, the Arabs sure fucked up in 1948, didn't they?
They could have had their own failed state on the portion of the mandate they were offered.
At least they can build their own peaceful state in Gaza.
Oops, fucked that up too.

They could have had their own failed state on the portion of the mandate they were offered.
The only thing fucked up, is you in the ass.

You like it in the ass, don't you?

The only thing fucked up, is you in the ass.

You like it in the ass, don't you?

Oh Princess, don't get yourself all worked up.

What's wrong with giving them a fine and some time to bring their home up to code?

Shouldn't the punishment fit the crime?

The only code is that you have to be Jewish to get a building permit.

The West Bank was Jordanian occupied Palestinian land from 1949 until 1967. Now it is Israeli occupied Palestinian land.

Forum List

Back