Israel environment minister Amir Peretz quits Benjamin Netanyahu's cabinet

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
JERUSALEM (AFP) -- Israeli Environment Minister Amir Peretz said Sunday he is resigning over Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's social policies, in a potentially major blow to the stability of the coalition government.
Speaking at the weekly cabinet meeting, Peretz said the state was undergoing "an earthquake in all fields -- diplomatic, social, and financial," and accused Netanyahu of acting irresponsibly, a statement from his spokeswoman said.

"I have no intention of continuing to serve the policies of Netanyahu, who has become a prisoner to the right-wing," he said.
Opposition chief Isaac Herzog, who heads the Labor party, welcomed Peretz's resignation, calling it "the beginning of the end" of the government.

He said HaTnuah was part of the center-left camp "which Labor will lead in the next elections until the regime is changed."

Peretz will be the second minister to quit the government this month after Interior Minister Gideon Saar, from Netanyahu's Likud party, stepped down from political life citing his desire to spend more time with his family.
Israel environment minister quits Netanyahu s cabinet Maan News Agency

I feel PM Bibi is going to do something if he thinks he is on the way out and I fear it has to do with Iran, hope I'm wrong, but he seems to be the type of man who wants to leave a legacy of a messiah , in my opinion , and I really hope I'm wrong.

And? If there is a military coup, then let us know. You could also do us a favor by not linking us to a Palestinian news agency.

You must really think we're stupid, don't you? I doubt having an environmental director resign is a "serious blow to the coalition government." That amounts to nothing but propaganda.

Amir Peretz is what is equivalent to a liberal, seeing as he is a member of the Hatnuah party, which in turn only holds six seats in the Knesset. I wonder why?

Last edited:
JERUSALEM (AFP) -- Israeli Environment Minister Amir Peretz said Sunday he is resigning over Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's social policies, in a potentially major blow to the stability of the coalition government.
Speaking at the weekly cabinet meeting, Peretz said the state was undergoing "an earthquake in all fields -- diplomatic, social, and financial," and accused Netanyahu of acting irresponsibly, a statement from his spokeswoman said.

"I have no intention of continuing to serve the policies of Netanyahu, who has become a prisoner to the right-wing," he said.
Opposition chief Isaac Herzog, who heads the Labor party, welcomed Peretz's resignation, calling it "the beginning of the end" of the government.

He said HaTnuah was part of the center-left camp "which Labor will lead in the next elections until the regime is changed."

Peretz will be the second minister to quit the government this month after Interior Minister Gideon Saar, from Netanyahu's Likud party, stepped down from political life citing his desire to spend more time with his family.

I feel PM Bibi is going to do something if he thinks he is on the way out and I fear it has to do with Iran, hope I'm wrong, but he seems to be the type of man who wants to leave a legacy of a messiah , in my opinion , and I really hope I'm wrong.

"I did everything I could to promote a diplomatic process and fight for the dignity of Israelis," he wrote on his Facebook page on Saturday, saying there was "deterioration" on all fronts -- diplomatic, social and economic.

Is Israel beginning to fall apart at the seams?

The exact opposite.

And what the hell does it have to do with Iran, anyway? It's a domestic thing he has to deal with, in his own coalition.

As for Amir Peretz, pfft, he'll combine his own party or join another soon. just like last time. The guy is known for picking the strong side depends on the wheather and mood.

And? If there is a military coup, then let us know. You could also do us a favor by not linking us to a Palestinian news agency.

You must really think we're stupid, don't you? I doubt having an environmental director resign is a "serious blow to the coalition government." That amounts to nothing but propaganda.

Amir Peretz is what is equivalent to a liberal, seeing as he is a member of the Hatnuah party, which in turn only holds six seats in the Knesset. I wonder why?

That is because he joined Tzipi Livni at the last moment, just so he won't have to sit with Yachimovitz in the "outcast" department. As I said, the guy is known for saying he resigns only to join the "strong" ones later on. And since Livni her4self hadn't had much support lately...

This moron is responsible for the economy crisis.
He tries to promote Livni to PM which is unlikely to happen although this was his best shot so far.

I will link to whatever paper I want, would you prefer an Israel one, plenty of those also carried the story, I checked.

Consider the source, loopy.

Without any other corroborating news stories, I call foul and BS.

At the time of my posting, many Israel newspapers were carrying the same story. I checked.

Because they are pro peace, that is why they hold 6 seats. The rest are pro getting rid of the Pals.

The exact opposite.

And what the hell does it have to do with Iran, anyway? It's a domestic thing he has to deal with, in his own coalition.

As for Amir Peretz, pfft, he'll combine his own party or join another soon. just like last time. The guy is known for picking the strong side depends on the wheather and mood.

If you have no understanding what Iran has to do with Israel you are lost. So you prefer a war monger cabinet(gov). I suspected as much. Complain about the Pals throwing stones but yet you want war and rid of them. No sympathy from me. You want war mongers don't ever cry about the stones again.

Hold on,how is this thread related to the conflict?!

How, a more centered gov might ease the tensions, that is how. Get rid of the communistic one you have.
What a non sense, Amit Perez is probably one of the least related politicians to the conflict.
Amit Perez made zero significant influence on the conflict except signing for the Iron Dome budget.

Forum List

Back