Israel spraying toxins over Palestinian crops in Gaza

Status
Not open for further replies.
ForeverYoung436, et al,

First, let me say that we simply don't know the purpose of intent of the operation. BUT there may be any number of legitimate reasons in support of a military advantage. There is no reason to jump to some sinister conspiracy theory without the barest of facts.

Over a half century ago, when I was in my first combat tour, the US had a unique set of Operations called "Ranch Hand and Trail Dust" which ran for ≈ decade; ending in 1971. It was a combination of multiple herbicides and defoliants; 15-20 Million Gallons disbursed in. The GI's just called it "Agent Orange."

I wouldn't trust Al Jazeera as a credible news source.
(COMMENT)

In my limited experience, having first hand knowledge and exposure, you might consider the two scenarios that I was aware of:

One purpose was the Defoliation directed against foliage that might give cover and concealment to large numbers hostiles that might use it in an offensive scenarios. Key MSRs, base camps, and critical infrastructures where covered might conceal enemey approaches. (Defensive Mode)

A second purpose was to deny the enemy cover and concealment for there key command, control, communications and intelligence facilities. (Offensive Support Mode)

Most Respectfully,
R
First, let me say that we simply don't know the purpose of intent of the operation.​

Destroying sources of food is considered an act of genocide.

And have you proven that Israel has done this, or are you once again just taking the word of proven LIARS as the evidence

Have you proven they HAVEN'T done this?

Make a contribution to the thread of fuck off Phoney!

I made a contribution, I asked for a real link with real facts, this seems to be impossible to provide so you try and deflect away from the propaganda you posted.

In your absence you haven't learned anything have you!

Two links posted, from two different sources, referring to two different occurrences of crop spraying...

All we get from you is the same old expectation that we will just all listen to your BS without any supporting links...

Worthless Phoney, worthless![/QUOTE]

Both from the same source if you bother to look, the carrier is not the source by the way so look for the by-line

There is no credible source reporting so..assuming it's true where exactly are the damaged crops? Since there is the buffer zone it's most likely another provocation because it's very unlikely that a low flight agricultural planes would fly right over Hamas outposts where they can easily be targeted even with a hand gun.. or perhaps just the consequences of the flooded tunnels Egypt destroyed recently.
Any info?
Egypt floods Gaza tunnels used for smuggling

Did you read the OTHER link Daniyel?

Want to talk about tunnels? START ANOTHER THREAD!

This one is about crop spraying in occupied Gaza!
So much heat... Well the subject of my post is the credibility of that claim you made in this thread of yours (your threads subject).
60929407.jpg

Tunnels being flooded by Egypt is OFF TOPIC!

Start another thread Daniyel and stop trying to derail this one!
The operation is causing concern for the Rafah border area inhabitants, who say that it will affect their lives there. Farmer Nayef Abu Shallouf, who owns three acres of land less than 300 meters from the Egyptian border, said all the salt water will leave his land briny and destroy his crops. He told Al-Monitor, “In addition to damaging the soil, sinkholes will appear wherever tunnels were dug, with collapses occurring sooner or later.”

Read more: Rafah farmers watch in horror as Egypt floods Gaza tunnels - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

Having no evidence for the so called planes I must question the first claim that it was Israel's doing, and yes it is ON - TOPIC

ForeverYoung436, et al,

First, let me say that we simply don't know the purpose of intent of the operation. BUT there may be any number of legitimate reasons in support of a military advantage. There is no reason to jump to some sinister conspiracy theory without the barest of facts.

Over a half century ago, when I was in my first combat tour, the US had a unique set of Operations called "Ranch Hand and Trail Dust" which ran for ≈ decade; ending in 1971. It was a combination of multiple herbicides and defoliants; 15-20 Million Gallons disbursed in. The GI's just called it "Agent Orange."

Well it's not like Aljazeera doesn't have an ax to grind

(COMMENT)

In my limited experience, having first hand knowledge and exposure, you might consider the two scenarios that I was aware of:

One purpose was the Defoliation directed against foliage that might give cover and concealment to large numbers hostiles that might use it in an offensive scenarios. Key MSRs, base camps, and critical infrastructures where covered might conceal enemey approaches. (Defensive Mode)

A second purpose was to deny the enemy cover and concealment for there key command, control, communications and intelligence facilities. (Offensive Support Mode)

Most Respectfully,
R
First, let me say that we simply don't know the purpose of intent of the operation.​

And have you proven that Israel has done this, or are you once again just taking the word of proven LIARS as the evidence[/QUOTE]
Spraying of Crops
Another brutal policy used by the State to try and force the Arab-Bedouins off of their lands is the Spraying of Arab-Bedouin fields with herbicides, claiming that Arab-Bedouins “trespassing” on “state land” cultivate the fields illegally. Since 2002 the Israeli Land Authority has launched a policy of aerial spraying of Arab-Bedouin crops with “Round-Up” – a toxic substance designed to destroy weeds. Over seven days in recent years, at least 28,000 dunams of wheat, barley, and some vegetables have been sprayed in 12 villages

On 7 February 2005, the Israeli Land Administration even admitted to aerially spraying agricultural crops cultivated by Arab-Bedouins in the Negev-Naqab with chemical herbicides that have not been authorized by the Ministry of Agriculture. 21 In March 2004, a petition was submitted to the Supreme Court of Justice by Adalah and other organizations including PHR and The Negev Coexistence Forum, challenging the State’s operations of spraying crops with toxic chemicals. Immediately after the filing of the case, the Court issued an injunction – which was extended again in November 2005 – preventing the ILA from continuing with this practice until the Court renders a final decision on the petition

http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/cerd/docs/ngos/NCf-IsraelShadowReport.pdf

There is no credible source reporting so..assuming it's true where exactly are the damaged crops? Since there is the buffer zone it's most likely another provocation because it's very unlikely that a low flight agricultural planes would fly right over Hamas outposts where they can easily be targeted even with a hand gun.. or perhaps just the consequences of the flooded tunnels Egypt destroyed recently.
Any info?

So much heat... Well the subject of my post is the credibility of that claim you made in this thread of yours (your threads subject).
60929407.jpg

The operation is causing concern for the Rafah border area inhabitants, who say that it will affect their lives there. Farmer Nayef Abu Shallouf, who owns three acres of land less than 300 meters from the Egyptian border, said all the salt water will leave his land briny and destroy his crops. He told Al-Monitor, “In addition to damaging the soil, sinkholes will appear wherever tunnels were dug, with collapses occurring sooner or later.”

Read more: Rafah farmers watch in horror as Egypt floods Gaza tunnels - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

Having no evidence for the so called planes I must question the first claim that it was Israel's doing, and yes it is ON - TOPIC

Did you READ the title of the OP Hymie?

Here, let me help you...

"Israel spraying toxins over Palestinian crops in Gaza"

Does it mention Water? Egypt? Tunnels?

NO...

That makes your posts OFF TOPIC dumbass!

Well here's a report. Towards the end the reporter IN GAZA says that the crop dusting is being done on the Israeli side of the fence. In the buffer zone. And the complaint is -- that they pick days where the wind is blowing to the Gaza side. You could ACTUALLY VERIFY THAT -- by getting the weather reports for the days that this alledgedly occurred. But I'm not motivated to do so..

Claims are (by Al Jezeera that this about 3000metersquared. That's a football field or less. These enviro arguments happen EVERYWHERE. But in the Holy Land -- people want to KILL each other over it..

OK -- I lied.. I have nothing better to do (other than the programming I SHOULD be doing).. Here's the Jan WINDS in Gaza. According to Al Jaz. the flight was on the 7th. Haven't found the winds for the 7th yet but all winds on the 8th were ONshore. And that is the general direction for the rest of that week.

Yesterday's and last weeks' weather in Gaza, Gaza Strip, Palestinian Territories (scroll tab on the left).

Anybody want to play?? Those of you in Israel might have an easier time finding the winds for early January...

Any info?

60929407.jpg

Did you READ the title of the OP Hymie?

Here, let me help you...

"Israel spraying toxins over Palestinian crops in Gaza"

Does it mention Water? Egypt? Tunnels?

NO...

That makes your posts OFF TOPIC dumbass!
The fact you cannot understand me doesn't male me the dumbass, but I'll break it down for you;
I Think the thread OP is bullshit.
Therefore
I Suggest a REAL possible truth behind this story.

Sounds like another unsubstantiated claim by another pali propaganda outlet.

While I've no doubt the Israeli's are going to maintain a security zone "that" side of the barrier they are well within their rights after the riots that damaged the fence in the first place.

In Viet Nam the US would use "daisy cutter" bombs to clear forest around the fire bases. same concept except the Israeli's are nice enough not to use munitions
The Israeli's have no jurisdiction on that side of the fence, so fuck off!

ForeverYoung436, et al,

Well it's not like Aljazeera doesn't have an ax to grind

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

And have you proven that Israel has done this, or are you once again just taking the word of proven LIARS as the evidence
Spraying of Crops
Another brutal policy used by the State to try and force the Arab-Bedouins off of their lands is the Spraying of Arab-Bedouin fields with herbicides, claiming that Arab-Bedouins “trespassing” on “state land” cultivate the fields illegally. Since 2002 the Israeli Land Authority has launched a policy of aerial spraying of Arab-Bedouin crops with “Round-Up” – a toxic substance designed to destroy weeds. Over seven days in recent years, at least 28,000 dunams of wheat, barley, and some vegetables have been sprayed in 12 villages

On 7 February 2005, the Israeli Land Administration even admitted to aerially spraying agricultural crops cultivated by Arab-Bedouins in the Negev-Naqab with chemical herbicides that have not been authorized by the Ministry of Agriculture. 21 In March 2004, a petition was submitted to the Supreme Court of Justice by Adalah and other organizations including PHR and The Negev Coexistence Forum, challenging the State’s operations of spraying crops with toxic chemicals. Immediately after the filing of the case, the Court issued an injunction – which was extended again in November 2005 – preventing the ILA from continuing with this practice until the Court renders a final decision on the petition

http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/cerd/docs/ngos/NCf-IsraelShadowReport.pdf
[/QUOTE]

AND if the land is used illegally then it can be poisoned, read your own link for the answers

The fact you cannot understand me doesn't male me the dumbass, but I'll break it down for you;
I Think the thread OP is bullshit.
Therefore
I Suggest a REAL possible truth behind this story.
But do you have any evidence that would validate your conclusion?

Do you have any that validates your numerous claims and blood libels from other than islamonazi sources ?

Sounds like another unsubstantiated claim by another pali propaganda outlet.

While I've no doubt the Israeli's are going to maintain a security zone "that" side of the barrier they are well within their rights after the riots that damaged the fence in the first place.

In Viet Nam the US would use "daisy cutter" bombs to clear forest around the fire bases. same concept except the Israeli's are nice enough not to use munitions
The Israeli's have no jurisdiction on that side of the fence, so fuck off!

International law says they have, as does the UN charter and the Oslo accords.

And where is the actual evidence of the Israeli's spraying the crops, other than a proven anti Jewish propaganda site.
Where the fuck have you been? I missed you!

You uproot olive trees and shoot people fishing, so why is spraying crops to hard to accept?

Styill waiting for your concrete evidence of these events. All you produce is activists throwing themselves on the ground and boats going round in circles with cargo nets in the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back