Israeli forces shoot unarmed protesters from across Gaza security fence, killing at least 15

I spoke of ONE farmer Shusha, not "farmers", you remember, the one who was shelled by a tank BEFORE the marches?

Not a single Team Israel member has been able to show anything that says he was planting a bomb under the fence!

There were three IEDs (going from memory) planted BEFORE the marches as well. The timing is irrelevant with respect to IDF response. Suspicious activity ( documented by the IDF, digging holes under the fence, in the no-go zone after being warned not to approach the fence) in light of the context here is sufficient.

And you are deliberately focusing on this one farmer in an attempt to demonize Israel while entirely ignoring the context of the situation, which IS relevant.

"going from memory"?? You are fucking joking aren't you?

The time IS relevant.... Considering I am speaking of one incident, it is relevant!

I am focusing on one farmer, correct, to demonise Israel? Well, if Israel is wrong how the fuck is that demonising?!?!

I have been presented with a lot of things Shusha, except the one single thing I have asked for. I call that deflection.

Not so, you have been provided with media reports with include IDF spokesman quotes concerning the incident in question.

Wrong, I have been presented with a whole bunch of Team Israel media reports relating to just about EVERY incident EXCEPT the one I am asking for!

The media report I posted stated that witnesses came forward and said that he was working his land. The IDF did not comment!
Farming, at the fence, in the dead of night :uhoh3:

I have been presented with a lot of things Shusha, except the one single thing I have asked for. I call that deflection.

Not so, you have been provided with media reports with include IDF spokesman quotes concerning the incident in question.

Wrong, I have been presented with a whole bunch of Team Israel media reports relating to just about EVERY incident EXCEPT the one I am asking for!

The media report I posted stated that witnesses came forward and said that he was working his land. The IDF did not comment!
‘Witnesses’ said he was farming in the dead of night.
Oh that settles it then :rolleyes:

IEDs planted BEFORE the riots:

February 17, 2018 -- four injured
March 1, 2018
March 15, 2018

(Looks like my memory is acceptably sufficient to the task).

Oh look, and more during the riots:

April 9, 2018

Tell me how it is that Israeli soldiers are supposed to tell that someone who is at the fence and digging a hole under it is just planting melons with THIS AS CONTEXT?

Oh. And it looks like I may have missed one. Appears to have been one on Thursday, March 15 AND one on Saturday, March 17.

THEY WERE NOT UNARMED. Every dead pal was wielding a weapon, slingshot Molotov cocktail or grenade. Do keep up RETARD.
Where is the weapon, you little Israeli kiss-ass?

You ignore facts the dead Palestinians were all wielding a weapon when shot. The non lethal responses are to those that are unarmed and close on the border past the listed allowed point. All LEGAL MORAL and in self defense.

I agree wholeheartedly that it is none of Israel's business what goes on in Gaza. You have no idea how much I agree with you. There is SO much not-Israel-business because Israel withdrew and essentially ceded the territory to the Arab Palestinians more than ten years ago. Removed not only the occupation, but every single last Jew. Gaza is the closest thing to an independent, self-governing State that the Palestinians have. There are multiple borders with other sovereigns for economic trade and passage for people. There is NO border dispute with Israel or with Egypt. There are ample resources and opportunities for development and economic growth -- agriculture, tourism, natural gas, industrialization agreements with Israel. The sooner Gaza has full sovereignty and a thriving economy -- the better.

The question remains -- why does Gaza not have this already?!

Here's the answer:

Because the leader of the government in Gaza stated at the riot *cough cough* protest (paraphrased):

"We are going to to break down the fence and march to Jerusalem tearing out the hearts of Jews along the way."

And then dozens or hundreds of rioters with lethal weapons attempted to do just that.

THAT, my friend, is why Gaza is not a sovereign, independent State.

And it is absolutely UNCONSCIONABLE that people like you and Humanity refuse to condemn the violence of both word and deed.
Where is the link to that Gaza leaders statement? And no, Gaza is not independent. If they were independent, they would be able to leave. But they cannot. If they were independent, they would have an airport. They would have a water port. They would not get shot at when they fish. They would not get shot at when they farm. If they were independent, they would be able to receive humanitarian aid from other countries.

None of these things are true. Gaza is a prison.

Newsflash. Israel is not occupying Gaza. Hasn't for more than a decade.

What you are asking for, then, is an end to the blockade and an open border with Israel. Not going to happen without a regular commitment by the government of Gaza to renounce violence and accept Israel as her neighbor.

Why won't they do that?
Why should they renounce violence when Israel won't? Why doesn't Israel renounce violence? Why does Israel shoot at their fishermen? At their farmers? Why can't Gazan's fish and farm in peace? Why can't Gazan's leave Gaza?

If Israel didn't have "effective control" over 80% of Gaza, there wouldn't be all these protests. Israel is making their daily lives a living hell. A UN report states that the area may not be able to sustain life by 2020. That's the blood on your hands.

You ignore facts the dead Palestinians were all wielding a weapon when shot. The non lethal responses are to those that are unarmed and close on the border past the listed allowed point. All LEGAL MORAL and in self defense.
I'm sorry, the videos tell a different story. The videos we've been seeing the past two weeks, say you're full of shit! Those videos show unarmed protesters being shot in cold blood.

IEDs planted BEFORE the riots:

February 17, 2018 -- four injured
March 1, 2018
March 15, 2018

(Looks like my memory is acceptably sufficient to the task).

Oh look, and more during the riots:

April 9, 2018

Tell me how it is that Israeli soldiers are supposed to tell that someone who is at the fence and digging a hole under it is just planting melons with THIS AS CONTEXT?

Oh. And it looks like I may have missed one. Appears to have been one on Thursday, March 15 AND one on Saturday, March 17.
How can you believe anything from a source that posts garbage like this...

"An Islamist terror group, Hamas violently took control of Gaza from Mahmoud Abbas’s Fatah in 2007, two years after Israel withdrew its military and civilian presence from the Strip. Israel and Egypt maintain a security blockade of Gaza. Israel says this is vital to prevent Hamas — which has fought three rounds of conflict against Israel since seizing Gaza, firing thousands of rockets into Israel and digging dozens of attack tunnels under the border — from importing weaponry."
Hamas didn't take Gaza violently. They won a fair and democratic election. That's when Israel decided to blockade Gaza, in order to punish Gazan's for voting for Hamas.

BTW, Israel is the one who has broken every cease fire agreement with Hamas.

Not to mention having been on the receiving end of multiple verbal warnings and non-lethal riot control measures, including warning shots in the air.

Oh please. We've gone 50 pages and the best those siding with Gaza can come up with is the complete denial that Gazans use violence. Its a bit ridiculous, actually.

This has the potential to be a really interesting conversation about humanitarian law and moral responsibilities and really tricky strategic issues on both sides. But where are the worthy opponents? Coyote?

Or, if anyone wants to have a higher level discussion, I volunteer as tribute to argue the Gazan side.

I spoke of ONE farmer Shusha, not "farmers", you remember, the one who was shelled by a tank BEFORE the marches?

Not a single Team Israel member has been able to show anything that says he was planting a bomb under the fence!

There were three IEDs (going from memory) planted BEFORE the marches as well. The timing is irrelevant with respect to IDF response. Suspicious activity ( documented by the IDF, digging holes under the fence, in the no-go zone after being warned not to approach the fence) in light of the context here is sufficient.

And you are deliberately focusing on this one farmer in an attempt to demonize Israel while entirely ignoring the context of the situation, which IS relevant.

"going from memory"?? You are fucking joking aren't you?

The time IS relevant.... Considering I am speaking of one incident, it is relevant!

I am focusing on one farmer, correct, to demonise Israel? Well, if Israel is wrong how the fuck is that demonising?!?!
Prove a negative?
Prove you didn't give me a blowjob...
You're such an asshole.

Oh yay. Another person who denies Gazan use of violence rather than condemning it.
That's not what I said. I said Hamas won a fair and democratic election. Your source said they took power by force. It was right after the election results were in, that Israel started the blockade to punish Gazan's for voting for Hamas.

A list of things Palestinians can’t do under any circumstance:

No armed resistance
No unarmed protests
No marches for rights
No direct action
No international criminal court
No UNESCO
No boycotts
No divestment
No international solidarity

Just shut up and die or disappear. That is the only option Israel finds suitable.

Forum List

Back