🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Israeli model sent to prison for draft-dodging

"Shministim

On April 28, 1970, a group of high school seniors about to be drafted sent a letter to*Prime MinisterGolda Meir*expressing their reservation about the occupation of the*West Bank*and*Gaza, the*War of Attrition*and the government's failure to take steps to avoid conflict. In 1987, a new group was formed, also made up of high school students intent on refusing to serve in the Occupied Territories. They gave themselves the name that the press used to dub the previous effort – 'Shministim' (Hebrew: שמיניסטים), literally "twelfth graders". In 2001, a high-school refusers movement – also called*Shministim*followed in their stead. Over 3,000 Israeli high school students are currently members of Shministim.[citation needed]. A smaller number of them have also signed a public letter in which they state their intent to refuse any service in the army. Such a behaviour has usually resulted in repeated jail sentences of several weeks. One of the most promiment*Shiministim*that went to jail is*Omer Goldman. Her case received special attention since her father used to be one of the highest ranking*Mossad*officers.On December 18, 2008, a worldwide campaign was launched in order to request the freedom ofShministim, including the delivery of more than forty thousand letters, to Israeli embassies, appealing for the youngsters' cause.[5]"

"Shministim

On April 28, 1970, a group of high school seniors about to be drafted sent a letter to*Prime MinisterGolda Meir*expressing their reservation about the occupation of the*West Bank*and*Gaza, the*War of Attrition*and the government's failure to take steps to avoid conflict. In 1987, a new group was formed, also made up of high school students intent on refusing to serve in the Occupied Territories. They gave themselves the name that the press used to dub the previous effort – 'Shministim' (Hebrew: שמיניסטים), literally "twelfth graders". In 2001, a high-school refusers movement – also called*Shministim*followed in their stead. Over 3,000 Israeli high school students are currently members of Shministim.[citation needed]. A smaller number of them have also signed a public letter in which they state their intent to refuse any service in the army. Such a behaviour has usually resulted in repeated jail sentences of several weeks. One of the most promiment*Shiministim*that went to jail is*Omer Goldman. Her case received special attention since her father used to be one of the highest ranking*Mossad*officers.On December 18, 2008, a worldwide campaign was launched in order to request the freedom ofShministim, including the delivery of more than forty thousand letters, to Israeli embassies, appealing for the youngsters' cause.[5]"
If Israel heeded the liberal, highly educated and experienced high school seniors, there wouldn't be an Israel for very long.They fail to think of any consequences of their ignorance and stupidity. But that's what Frau Sherri wants. Right, punkin?

I think that model should be given The Nobel Peace Prize for resisting being a baby killer in the IDF. Wow, if Obama earned it, killing children with drones, that Israeli model certainly deserves it for refusing to kill Palestinian babies!

wow, listen, nothing of what you say makes any sense!

first of, girls don't get sent into battle in the IDF, so the "killing babies" is irrelevant, and makes you sound incredbly stupid.

Second, niether you nor I know why she refused to serve. Contrary of what people think, most of the "dodgers" bail the army for personal reasons, not political views.

Again, nothing you say makes ANY sense!

NOT killing and morality are not things Zionists like you can relate to. THERE have been many men and women who have refused to serve in the IDF because they believe the Occupation is immoral. I HAVE read their stories before.

"NOT killing and morality are not things Zionists like you can relate to."

Piss off, Sherri! you don't know me, so don't pretend to!

Yes, there have been stories about political issues of dodgers, I havn't say there weren't, what I said is that most dodgers do not do it for political reasons, but peronal reasons.

Learn to read!

Some people from my family didn't want me to get drafter either, but luckily, I didn't listen, and served like every person should.

I would have felt horrible shame to not serve in the IDF.

A 23 Israeli model was arrested last week in Tel Aviv by military-police, for dodging IDF for 6 years. "This was the hardest experience I've ever been through" She said after being cuffed and sent to prison for 4 days. Meanwhile, she recieved exemption.

המשטרה הצבאית עצרה בשבוע שעבר דוגמנית בת 23 מתל אביב, לאחר שהשתמטה משירות במשך 6 שנים. "זו הייתה החוויה הכי קשה שהייתה לי בחיים", סיפרה לאחר שנאזקה ונשלחה לארבעה ימים בכלא. בינתיים, היא כבר קיבלה פטור משירות​

Source: Mako

Now they should arrest the Haredi/Orthodox Jews and Arabs that draft dodge also! Yes I am talking tongue and cheek, I know both are exempt, yet neither SHOULD NOT be exempt!

"Over the next few weeks, the Israel Defense Forces will send out draft notices to some 15,000 Haredi youths aged 17-19, requiring them to show up for interviews. The IDF does not intend on drafting them immediately, but simply means to have them follow the standard recruitment process required before military service.

"The regular enlistment process usually takes up to a year. The IDF has taken the step after the High Court of Justice invalidated the 'Tal Law' governing the enlistment of the ultra-Orthodox. The change took effect in August."

I seem to remember a Uri Avnery article which claimed many devout Jews were reluctant to call for a Jewish homeland in 1948, and the "Tal Law" was written to encourage their support.

With Tal Law expired, IDF to send enlistment notice to 15,000 ultra-Orthodox youths Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
It's a good thing there was no draft when Georgie Boy faked a bad back to get out of basic training. He probably expected basic training to be a romp in the park and afterwards he would get some cushy job sitting at a desk. No doubt Georgie Boy laps up everything the Leftist Avnery has to say.
If there hadn't been a draft, I would never have wasted ten days on the USAF.
Why do you believe those who kill innocent civilians for money are heroic, as opposed to chicken-shits?

Why didn't you just go to Canada?

A 23 Israeli model was arrested last week in Tel Aviv by military-police, for dodging IDF for 6 years. "This was the hardest experience I've ever been through" She said after being cuffed and sent to prison for 4 days. Meanwhile, she recieved exemption.

המשטרה הצבאית עצרה בשבוע שעבר דוגמנית בת 23 מתל אביב, לאחר שהשתמטה משירות במשך 6 שנים. "זו הייתה החוויה הכי קשה שהייתה לי בחיים", סיפרה לאחר שנאזקה ונשלחה לארבעה ימים בכלא. בינתיים, היא כבר קיבלה פטור משירות​

Source: Mako

Now they should arrest the Haredi/Orthodox Jews and Arabs that draft dodge also! Yes I am talking tongue and cheek, I know both are exempt, yet neither SHOULD NOT be exempt!

:clap2:

As I said, Zionism and morality simply do not go together.
Now Frau Sherri is going to explain to us the morality of her friends who seem to have no problem with killing those of other religions. Can we hear from you, Frau Sherri about this since it is also your fellow Christians being killed? Better tell your Muslim friends that they had better not convert to Christianity if they know what is good for them.

BosNewsLife ? Christian News Agency » Blog Archive » ?Pakistan Muslims To Kill Mother, Relatives Over Christian Conversion?.

People like Sherri are those who make Zionism bloom.

I wish every Israeli Jew could see and read her posts. That will only give more strength to Zionism.

For what, for objecting to killing babies, I have the names of every child they, the IDF, has killed, just because that is your pasttime and/or hobby and/or something you support by the IDF does not mean we all have to be joyful participants or supporters of such things!

I bet if I had accused Assad and his forces of killing babies, you would not be making the objections you are making here to my comments.

Sherri

you really do have to learn to distinguish between the troop, the command, and the politicians. not all troops are angels but i only met one who actually liked to kill. he didn't last long and none of us cried.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ScisGFllPY]Fortunate Son -- CCR -- - YouTube[/ame]

I AM not speaking about the US Military. AND my phone will not let me view the video. I can only admire those who refuse to serve in the IDF knowing what they do in the Occupation, the ethnic cleansing and unlawful killing.Any human can choose to reject that.

i respect the refuseniks who lose somethintg in the process...who jam up prisons, gaols, public buidings, streets, and wreak havoc on the system. they risk.

i do not respect those who are pacifists for a day and then once their danger has passed, they forget about it and stop the struggle. besides, it wasn't pacifists who stopped the vietnam war. it was people willing to put blood on the streets in america.

the ones i listen to though, the most, are those who have been on both ends of the barrel of the rifle.

i don't have a lot of respect for the israeli military at all. i think they are war criminals, but i am not going to jam to hard on the troop. they're just doin' a hard job. it. policy and practise comes from higher up.

That is total nonsense!

Zionists exemplify the Essence of Morality - to be anti - Zionist is to be nothing short of a nazi mentality. ( Moral Insanity )

-Jeremiah

marg, about now, has to be regretting bringing up godwin's law.

most of the pro=palestinians adhere to it pretty thoroughly.

most of the zionist break it regularly.

zionists are greedy little punks and among the most single minded and amoral, a bad combination if ever there was, people who ever walked through the gore of piles of dead children and then claim god willed it.

That is total nonsense!

Zionists exemplify the Essence of Morality - to be anti - Zionist is to be nothing short of a nazi mentality. ( Moral Insanity )

-Jeremiah

marg, about now, has to be regretting bringing up godwin's law.

most of the pro=palestinians adhere to it pretty thoroughly.

most of the zionist break it regularly.

zionists are greedy little punks and among the most single minded and amoral, a bad combination if ever there was, people who ever walked through the gore of piles of dead children and then claim god willed it.

That is totally untrue and you know it, Seal. - J.

Forum List

Back