🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Israel's inquiry into death of activist Rachel Corrie not credible, says US

If it was an accident ??? then Israel is still culpable of depraved indifference for human life as the C.O. of the unit should have made sure that all civillians were out of harms way before he allowed the bulldozer to move !!!
It's hamas' responsibility, of course.

when looking at corrie pictures--remember that there were two sets There were also pictures taken at a prior interaction that Corrie had with a bull dozer and when her friends promulgated the pictures they MIXED in some of the old ones in order to create a fraudulent view of what happened----the fraud was discovered

when looking at corrie pictures--remember that there were two sets There were also pictures taken at a prior interaction that Corrie had with a bull dozer and when her friends promulgated the pictures they MIXED in some of the old ones in order to create a fraudulent view of what happened----the fraud was discovered
Even if that were true does it mean it's possible for a bulldozer operator to run down a standing adult human wearing a bright red jacket on a bright sunny day because he didn't see her? Let me assure you it's not possible. The only way it might be possible is if she crouched and deliberately sneaked in front of his blade from the side -- and even then there is an equal chance the operator would see her.

Even if that were true does it mean it's possible for a bulldozer operator to run down a standing adult human wearing a bright red jacket on a bright sunny day because he didn't see her? Let me assure you it's not possible. The only way it might be possible is if she crouched and deliberately sneaked in front of his blade from the side -- and even then there is an equal chance the operator would see her.

In FACT the DETAILED eyewitness account did describe her OFF TO THE SIDE of the wheel and as the bulldozer advanced the mound of earth upon which she stood DID GIVE WAY and she fell forward under the into the path of the wheel It is very possible that either the driver did not see her or ASSUMED she was not in danger and would certainly STEP BACK away from the Wheel YOU ARE ASSUMING THAT THE DRIVER THOUGHT SHE WAS SUICIDAL Of course you would PREFER to create the impression that the driver chased her around the field ------but, in fact,----she was near and not in the direct path of the dozer until she FELL FORWARD The very first eye witness accounts even described her as suddenly appearing PANICKY when the mound of earth on which she stood gave way. She did not expect to die and the driver did not expect to run over her It was obvious from the early descripttions that later somehow got modified. One of the brilliant "witnesses" even claimed that the driver ran over her body OVER AND OVER AND OVER again yeah right

In FACT the DETAILED eyewitness account did describe her OFF TO THE SIDE of the wheel and as the bulldozer advanced the mound of earth upon which she stood DID GIVE WAY and she fell forward under the into the path of the wheel It is very possible that either the driver did not see her or ASSUMED she was not in danger and would certainly STEP BACK away from the Wheel YOU ARE ASSUMING THAT THE DRIVER THOUGHT SHE WAS SUICIDAL Of course you would PREFER to create the impression that the driver chased her around the field ------but, in fact,----she was near and not in the direct path of the dozer until she FELL FORWARD The very first eye witness accounts even described her as suddenly appearing PANICKY when the mound of earth on which she stood gave way. She did not expect to die and the driver did not expect to run over her It was obvious from the early descripttions that later somehow got modified. One of the brilliant "witnesses" even claimed that the driver ran over her body OVER AND OVER AND OVER again yeah right

there is no open wheel on a bulldozer the driver (operator) and the commander (as this type of bulldozer has a two man crew) reversed over Rachel with the blade down
28lede_corrie-blog480.jpg

What "wheel?" A dozer is not steered with a wheel.

And if Corrie were "off to the side," how did she end up under the blade? Believe me, a dozer operator has full and unobstructed view of everything in front of his blade. If this were not so then there would be thousands of massive accidents caused by bulldozers all over the world every day.

when I used the world "wheel" I was referring to that giant fan belt looking thing -------she was front and over. As the thing advanced the pressure---by weight of the fan belt thing UNDERMINED the mound of earth upon which she stood and she fell forward --------for someone who knows anything about anything-----you seem to know that a massive vehicle of like that cannot STOP ON A DIME ------both corrie and the driver miscalculated corrie thought the guy could stop that dozer on a dime and she would be safe anyway STANDING UP CLOSE front and to the side ------ and the driver assumed she would step back from the advancing "wheel fan belt thing"

It was all very simple and very openly described at that time until the "witnesses" started changing the story to THE DOZER CHASED CORRIE AROUND THE FIELD while she RAN FOR HER LIFE

when I used the world "wheel" I was referring to that giant fan belt looking thing -------she was front and over. As the thing advanced the pressure---by weight of the fan belt thing UNDERMINED the mound of earth upon which she stood and she fell forward --------for someone who knows anything about anything-----you seem to know that a massive vehicle of like that cannot STOP ON A DIME ------both corrie and the driver miscalculated corrie thought the guy could stop that dozer on a dime and she would be safe anyway STANDING UP CLOSE front and to the side ------ and the driver assumed she would step back from the advancing "wheel fan belt thing"

It was all very simple and very openly described at that time until the "witnesses" started changing the story to THE DOZER CHASED CORRIE AROUND THE FIELD while she RAN FOR HER LIFE
First, yes it can stop on a dime! A dozer is a heavy, slow-moving machine which is controlled by two steering clutches and two very powerful steering brakes that lock the tracks when depressed. So for someone who doesn't have any idea what she's talking about you are relentless.

I was an Engineer/Operator permanently assiged to 105mm Howitzer batteries (artillery). My main job in the field was digging gun pits and leveling the surrounding area for FDC tents. When moving into a shooting position the activity was hectic to say the least. Marines were running around all over the place -- in front, alongside, and behind me while I was doing all sorts of pivotal movements as well as forward and backward blading. So please don't tell me this Israeli operator didn't see a 5'6" girl in a bright red jacket who just "happened" to end up in front of his blade with absolutely no peripheral distractions going on.

Because your argument is patently foolish as well as simply wrong.

try again deach------hans and sophie were executed by your fellow nazis----corried died in an accident while engaging a bull dozer

I will tell you a story that goes all the way back to about ---1962--- My brother was a college student in a famous city that was in some racial turmoil at the time He took part in a demonstration-----a friend of his-----who was a minister at the YMCA----lay down in the street as part of the demonstration a police car backed up and ran over the minister who was killed thereby. Everyone was very upset------but NO ONE CONSIDERED IT A MURDER---IT WAS CONSIDERED AN ACCIDENT by all the friends of the activist minister including my brother -------WHY?? because they were not stupid I never put my car in reverse without TURNING MY HEAD around and making sure there is no one there -----I have been nervous about "backing up" since that time when my big brother came home all upset over his dead friend When I started to drive I had the nervous thought that IF A COP CAN MAKE A MISTAKE LIKE THAT ---SO CAN I. In fact I have encountered MANY CASES OF people being run over by someone BACKING UP------because the person behind the car "WAS NOT VISIBLE IN THE MIRROR" not visible is a reason for kids getting killed by buses in my town too ALL OF THIS STUFF made me so nervous about my son that from an early age I cautioned him to STAY AWAY from all vehicles in traffic even if they are stopped at a red light YOU NEVER KNOW they may not see you DO NOT ASSUME THAT THEY SEE YOU

it was an accident-------anyone who believes that the israeli government has a plan to KILL PEOPLE BY CHASING THEM DOWN WITH BULLDOZERs has to be be STUPID. Any grown girl who plays "CHICKEN" with a bulldozer is REALLY STUPID ---corrie was tragically stupid I blame her mother Most mothers caution their kids about TRUCKS and BUSES I am not unique
I just happened to read this piece this morning. I guess this Irishman disagrees with Seal.

Thursday 30 August 2012 |

Brendan O'Neill is the editor of spiked, an independent online phenomenon dedicated to raising the horizons of humanity by waging a culture war of words against misanthropy, priggishness, prejudice, luddism, illiberalism and irrationalism in all their ancient and modern forms.

The secular beatification of Rachel Corrie sums up everything that is wrong with modern solidarity with Palestine
By Brendan O'Neill Politics Last updated: August 28th, 2012

A court in Israel has ruled that the death of Rachel Corrie, a Palestinian solidarity activist who was crushed by an Israeli bulldozer in Rafah in 2003, was accidental rather than being caused by the negligence of the Israeli army. The ruling will not please Corrie’s supporters. Over the past decade they have elevated her to saintly status, turning her into a paragon of virtue who wanted merely to “protect Palestinians” from Israel’s raging war machine. They have long depicted her death as a simple case of “murder” by the marauding forces of the Israeli state, which apparently is not only happy to kill uppity Palestinians but also virtuous white Americans who want only to “help Palestinians”. This secular beatification of Corrie, who has effectively been turned into St Rachel of the Put-Upon Palestinians, captures everything that is wrong with modern-day solidarity with Palestine.Corrie’s cheerleaders – which includes actor Alan Rickman, who turned her writings into a hit play – seem unaware of how much their sanctification of Corrie echoes the old crusading Christian desire to save foreigners from wickedness. Corrie is treated as a uniquely good Westerner whose sole motivation was to “save” Palestinians, especially Palestinian children, from what Corrie herself described as Israel’s attempt to “erase” them. So one writer praises Corrie’s purity of soul, the fact that she eschewed “having a good time experimenting with drugs, booze and sex”, and even turned her back on her “Ivy League University”, in the name of travelling thousands of miles and “giving her life to save Palestinian homes and families”. Here, Corrie is turned into a kind of Christ-like figure, rejecting the shallow joys of Western privilege in favour of venturing into the desert to “give her life” for others.

Corrie is a “blessed and generous spirit”, we are told. “She died for them”; she committed a “sublime sacrifice”. “I thought people like Rachel Corrie only existed in books and movies”, writers gush. This “human shield” for Palestinian families was “brimming with idealism” and a determination to halt Israel’s “chronic, insidious genocide”. Part-Oskar Schindler, part Rudyard Kipling, part Jesus of Nazareth, Corrie is depicted as a blessed individual who gave herself up in order to save the less fortunate, the destitute and the downtrodden of “Over There”, from the brutal forces of repression.

The transformation of Corrie’s life and death into a black-and-white morality tale – featuring a well-off white American who was pure of heart, poor little brown people who have no hope, and a Zionist entity that is supremely evil – sums up the boneheadedness of modern-day Palestinian solidarity. There was a time when supporting Palestine meant looking upon Palestinians as a people capable of governing their own lives, even of running their own state, free from the meddling or bossing-about of outsiders. Now, Palestinian solidarity is all about treating Palestinians as the ultimate victims, as helpless, hapless, sad-eyed creatures who need decent Westerners, ideally well-educated ones brought up in Amnesty-supporting households, to come over and “save” them, in a not dissimilar way to how Bible-wielding white folk once tried to saved the savages of Africa.Palestinian solidarity has become creepily anthropological. It increasingly treats Palestinians, not as a people who simply need more political independence, but as a threatened tribe that must be protected from further harm by “human shields” from the enlightened west. Decked out in Arafat-style keffiyehs (a PC form of blacking up), and possessed of a conviction that it falls to white-skinned, iPhone-armed westerners to expose Israel’s “genocidal” crimes to the world media, solidarity activists who travel to Palestinian territories are becoming more and more like secular versions of the crusaders of old. They are effectively going to Palestine to find themselves, to try to give meaning to their potentially shallow lives through imagining that they can “save” an entire people and halt a “genocide” by standing in front of a tank or writing some blog posts about how tragic are the lives of cute Palestinian children. It is a peculiar form of solidarity that reduces an entire foreign people to the level of child-like victims who need the likes of St Rachel to save them.

jt2

I have posted some remarks,posted links and fended off accusations, but I haven't said anything that's mocking her death. I give the dozer operator the benefit of the doubt when he says he didn't see her. If you look at the driver's line of vision in the link of the D-9 and my explanation, you'll see what I mean. Until then you can't be making blanket statements. Someone was responsible for guiding the dozer but maybe they meant to scare her but kill her. IMO.

corbefor.jpg

Here again is a picture of Rachel Corrie with a bulldozer moving frontally toward her. The line of sight between her and the operator is perfectly clear. Even if he were blind or asleep there admittedly was a second on the seat beside him. so in the face of this photographic evidence how can you continue to insist that night is day and black is white?

You should understand the effect of this kind of brazen, boldface lying is cumulative over time and it imbues the kind of contemptuous loathing in people that causes them to ignore any degree of suffering on the part of the habitual liars. The tragedy of that is the innocent who identify with the habitual liars are made to suffer along with them.

While most of the world's nations are not motivated to destroy Israel incidents of this nature increasingly ensure they will turn a blind eye to any such effort in the future. Incidents of this nature serve to increase the number of Americans who want their government to sever relations with Israel.

So keep lying and add fuel to the fire. Every little bit helps.
Of course it is tragic when a young person dies, but where is the sympathy for those who were blown up in Mike's Place by a suicide bomber who hid out in the ISM's office. Don't these people count too?

jt2

First, yes it can stop on a dime! A dozer is a heavy, slow-moving machine which is controlled by two steering clutches and two very powerful steering brakes that lock the tracks when depressed. So for someone who doesn't have any idea what she's talking about you are relentless.

I was an Engineer/Operator permanently assiged to 105mm Howitzer batteries (artillery). My main job in the field was digging gun pits and leveling the surrounding area for FDC tents. When moving into a shooting position the activity was hectic to say the least. Marines were running around all over the place -- in front, alongside, and behind me while I was doing all sorts of pivotal movements as well as forward and backward blading. So please don't tell me this Israeli operator didn't see a 5'6" girl in a bright red jacket who just "happened" to end up in front of his blade with absolutely no peripheral distractions going on.

The girl was 5' 6" tall. The blade is 6' tall when resting on the ground. The engine cowling behind the blade adds at least another 3'. Tvgh posted a video showing the view from the cab. I posted a picture showing the angle where she was standing in relation to the driver. All the above would have strong argument in a court of law.

What "wheel?" A dozer is not steered with a wheel.

And if Corrie were "off to the side," how did she end up under the blade? Believe me, a dozer operator has full and unobstructed view of everything in front of his blade. If this were not so then there would be thousands of massive accidents caused by bulldozers all over the world every day.
We all know that everyone in the U.S. is entitled to his opinion, just as this writer to a Letter to an Editor. Naturally those who are always blaming Israel for something or other will disagree with him, which is their privilege.

Letters: Who's to blame for Rachel Corrie's death?
August 30, 2012
Rachel Corrie's death in Gaza beneath an Israeli bulldozer was indeed tragic, but we shouldn't blame the victim. Or the bulldozer operator. Or the Israeli judicial system.

The real culprit in this tragedy is the International Solidarity Movement (ISM), a pro-Palestinian group that sends young activists into a dangerous military zone to place their bodies in front of condemned Palestinian homes. The rationale is the belief that somehow a Westerner's life is more valuable than an Arab's. When the inevitable happens, the ISM raises a stink.

Rather than continuing to seek justice from the Israeli government, Corrie's parents should be calling for an international investigation into an organization that turned their daughter from an idealistic college student into cannon fodder.
Eric Gardner

jt2

yes in fact Eric Gardner makes an excellent point that applies to many many tragic deaths and injuries of young idealistic kids lured into HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE causes even not so young but somewhat dippy adults When I was a kid----in college I became convinced that no matter how dippy the cause--------it could attract followers I liked to ask demonstrators just what the DEMONSTRATION was all about-------some of them had no actual realistic notion being in a demonstration IS fun-----I did a few myself

try again deach------hans and sophie were executed by your fellow nazis----corried died in an accident while engaging a bull dozer

I will tell you a story that goes all the way back to about ---1962--- My brother was a college student in a famous city that was in some racial turmoil at the time He took part in a demonstration-----a friend of his-----who was a minister at the YMCA----lay down in the street as part of the demonstration a police car backed up and ran over the minister who was killed thereby. Everyone was very upset------but NO ONE CONSIDERED IT A MURDER---IT WAS CONSIDERED AN ACCIDENT by all the friends of the activist minister including my brother -------WHY?? because they were not stupid I never put my car in reverse without TURNING MY HEAD around and making sure there is no one there -----I have been nervous about "backing up" since that time when my big brother came home all upset over his dead friend When I started to drive I had the nervous thought that IF A COP CAN MAKE A MISTAKE LIKE THAT ---SO CAN I. In fact I have encountered MANY CASES OF people being run over by someone BACKING UP------because the person behind the car "WAS NOT VISIBLE IN THE MIRROR" not visible is a reason for kids getting killed by buses in my town too ALL OF THIS STUFF made me so nervous about my son that from an early age I cautioned him to STAY AWAY from all vehicles in traffic even if they are stopped at a red light YOU NEVER KNOW they may not see you DO NOT ASSUME THAT THEY SEE YOU

it was an accident-------anyone who believes that the israeli government has a plan to KILL PEOPLE BY CHASING THEM DOWN WITH BULLDOZERs has to be be STUPID. Any grown girl who plays "CHICKEN" with a bulldozer is REALLY STUPID ---corrie was tragically stupid I blame her mother Most mothers caution their kids about TRUCKS and BUSES I am not unique
I just happened to read this piece this morning. I guess this Irishman disagrees with Seal.

Thursday 30 August 2012 |

Brendan O'Neill is the editor of spiked, an independent online phenomenon dedicated to raising the horizons of humanity by waging a culture war of words against misanthropy, priggishness, prejudice, luddism, illiberalism and irrationalism in all their ancient and modern forms.

The secular beatification of Rachel Corrie sums up everything that is wrong with modern solidarity with Palestine
By Brendan O'Neill Politics Last updated: August 28th, 2012

A court in Israel has ruled that the death of Rachel Corrie, a Palestinian solidarity activist who was crushed by an Israeli bulldozer in Rafah in 2003, was accidental rather than being caused by the negligence of the Israeli army. The ruling will not please Corrie’s supporters. Over the past decade they have elevated her to saintly status, turning her into a paragon of virtue who wanted merely to “protect Palestinians” from Israel’s raging war machine. They have long depicted her death as a simple case of “murder” by the marauding forces of the Israeli state, which apparently is not only happy to kill uppity Palestinians but also virtuous white Americans who want only to “help Palestinians”. This secular beatification of Corrie, who has effectively been turned into St Rachel of the Put-Upon Palestinians, captures everything that is wrong with modern-day solidarity with Palestine.Corrie’s cheerleaders – which includes actor Alan Rickman, who turned her writings into a hit play – seem unaware of how much their sanctification of Corrie echoes the old crusading Christian desire to save foreigners from wickedness. Corrie is treated as a uniquely good Westerner whose sole motivation was to “save” Palestinians, especially Palestinian children, from what Corrie herself described as Israel’s attempt to “erase” them. So one writer praises Corrie’s purity of soul, the fact that she eschewed “having a good time experimenting with drugs, booze and sex”, and even turned her back on her “Ivy League University”, in the name of travelling thousands of miles and “giving her life to save Palestinian homes and families”. Here, Corrie is turned into a kind of Christ-like figure, rejecting the shallow joys of Western privilege in favour of venturing into the desert to “give her life” for others.

Corrie is a “blessed and generous spirit”, we are told. “She died for them”; she committed a “sublime sacrifice”. “I thought people like Rachel Corrie only existed in books and movies”, writers gush. This “human shield” for Palestinian families was “brimming with idealism” and a determination to halt Israel’s “chronic, insidious genocide”. Part-Oskar Schindler, part Rudyard Kipling, part Jesus of Nazareth, Corrie is depicted as a blessed individual who gave herself up in order to save the less fortunate, the destitute and the downtrodden of “Over There”, from the brutal forces of repression.

The transformation of Corrie’s life and death into a black-and-white morality tale – featuring a well-off white American who was pure of heart, poor little brown people who have no hope, and a Zionist entity that is supremely evil – sums up the boneheadedness of modern-day Palestinian solidarity. There was a time when supporting Palestine meant looking upon Palestinians as a people capable of governing their own lives, even of running their own state, free from the meddling or bossing-about of outsiders. Now, Palestinian solidarity is all about treating Palestinians as the ultimate victims, as helpless, hapless, sad-eyed creatures who need decent Westerners, ideally well-educated ones brought up in Amnesty-supporting households, to come over and “save” them, in a not dissimilar way to how Bible-wielding white folk once tried to saved the savages of Africa.Palestinian solidarity has become creepily anthropological. It increasingly treats Palestinians, not as a people who simply need more political independence, but as a threatened tribe that must be protected from further harm by “human shields” from the enlightened west. Decked out in Arafat-style keffiyehs (a PC form of blacking up), and possessed of a conviction that it falls to white-skinned, iPhone-armed westerners to expose Israel’s “genocidal” crimes to the world media, solidarity activists who travel to Palestinian territories are becoming more and more like secular versions of the crusaders of old. They are effectively going to Palestine to find themselves, to try to give meaning to their potentially shallow lives through imagining that they can “save” an entire people and halt a “genocide” by standing in front of a tank or writing some blog posts about how tragic are the lives of cute Palestinian children. It is a peculiar form of solidarity that reduces an entire foreign people to the level of child-like victims who need the likes of St Rachel to save them.

jt2

i said that her death was unnecessary and could and should have been prevented. i did not suggest that the nonfeasance, misfeasance, and perhaps malfeasance, and not to mention the sheer incompetence, of a rag tag bunch of clowns who have the gall to call themselves soldiers, conferred any kind of virtue on rachel corrie.

indeed. i said she lacked the wisdom that comes with experience and age but that such lack of wisdom did not warrant her tragic fate.

perhaps you should reread my opinions before you so eagerly rush to the embracing and loving arms of bolshevik communists.

The girl was 5' 6" tall. The blade is 6' tall when resting on the ground. The engine cowling behind the blade adds at least another 3'. Tvgh posted a video showing the view from the cab. I posted a picture showing the angle where she was standing in relation to the driver. All the above would have strong argument in a court of law.
That would depend on who dominates the court. Because what you are saying is nothing less than 6' tall is safe from being crushed by a dozer.

There comes a time when the nonsense has to stop. It gets disgusting after awhile.

All anyone has to do is take a look at the links of the D-9 and read the explanation of the angles and it should be clear
It was a stupid accident and would have not occurred had the IDF removed the girl from the site.

yes in fact Eric Gardner makes an excellent point that applies to many many tragic deaths and injuries of young idealistic kids lured into HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE causes even not so young but somewhat dippy adults When I was a kid----in college I became convinced that no matter how dippy the cause--------it could attract followers I liked to ask demonstrators just what the DEMONSTRATION was all about-------some of them had no actual realistic notion being in a demonstration IS fun-----I did a few myself
But when the deaths are avoidable do you believe these impetuous kids should be cruelly murdered?

Keep in mind I said Rachel Corrie could have been booted in the ass by some IDF trooper and deported and you would have heard nothing from me. But she was a young girl and what was done to her was very wrong. It is the kind of thing that evokes festering hatred.

Forum List

Back