Issa directed Treasury inspector general to ignore IRS treatment of liberal groups

gOOGLE IT, DINGBAT, AND CHANGE THE CHANNEL- GET SOME REAL NEWS...oops

you make a claim, it is not my job to back it up.

why don't you back it up hotshit. come on big guy, show us where issa lied.

you won't be able to though, the way you and z are madly avoiding giving any proof says much about your claim he lied.
He said President Obama used the IRS to attack whiney Conservative groups. That was a lie. The person who gave the orders was a Romney voting Conservative. Then he lied because Liberal groups were also scrutinized. Lie #2.

Damn how many times do I have to keep checkmating you!:cuckoo:

The real question is...

When you are going to stop posting false information, pretending that it's the truth.

you won't be able to though, the way you and z are madly avoiding giving any proof says much about your claim he lied.
He said President Obama used the IRS to attack whiney Conservative groups. That was a lie. The person who gave the orders was a Romney voting Conservative. Then he lied because Liberal groups were also scrutinized. Lie #2.

The real question is...

When you are going to stop posting false information, pretending that it's the truth.

If its so false then why didn't you just prove me wrong instead whining about it? Me thinks the truth is on my side.

The real question is...

If its so false then why didn't you just prove me wrong instead whining about it? Me thinks the truth is on my side.

you beat your dog. prove me wrong.

idiot

still waiting for a cite....

until you do, you just look like a foolish rube
LOL. I know how this works. I bring back a source (waste of time on Conservatives). Then you say you don't believe the source. Then you attack the source and the LSM........then you say you cant find it on FOX news.....blah blah. Yet any wild ass claim from any rightwing idiot site like Drudge you swallow with the zeal of a crack whore.....LMFAO.

Issa tried really hard to manipulate everyone. Just like any bullshit it starts to smell

Issa directed Treasury inspector general to ignore IRS treatment of liberal groups | The Raw Story

A spokesman for Treasury Inspector General J. Russell George told The Hill on Tuesday that Issa had requested investigators “narrowly focus on tea party organizations.”

Here is the quote directly from the Hill:

The Treasury inspector general (IG) whose report helped drive the IRS targeting controversy says it limited its examination to conservative groups because of a request from House Republicans.

Read more: IG: Audit of IRS actions limited to Tea Party groups at GOP request - The Hill's On The Money
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

And then there is even the article from Bloomberg:
IRS Sent Same Letter to Democrats That Fed Tea Party Row - Bloomberg

One of those groups, Emerge America, saw its tax-exempt status denied, forcing it to disclose its donors and pay some taxes. None of the Republican groups have said their applications were rejected.

Progress Texas, another of the organizations, faced the same lines of questioning as the Tea Party groups from the same IRS office that issued letters to the Republican-friendly applicants. A third group, Clean Elections Texas, which supports public funding of campaigns, also received IRS inquiries.

But at the end of the day, Everyone, the Inspector, the Testimony, the articles, newspapers and reporters are all wrong. The need to play the victim is so strong that Republicans will ignore every link, every story because the feeling of being victimized is more important than the truth. I included 3 links but because repubs don't read they will complain about Rawstory like Pavlovs dog
The wingnuts rejected this in my thread, also:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...mited-to-tea-party-groups-at-gop-request.html

The real question is...

idiot

I want you to look it up for yourself. Why are you so afraid of doing it? Because then you cant use the rightwing strategy I just explained.

It's always impressive when articles start with "A spokesman for .... said ...(blah blah blah).

Find me something that says, "The Inspector General said that Issa told him to concentrate on ...."

Libs and Cons alike will make up whatever argument they think supports their cause. I suspect this is a made up lie.

A spokesman for Russell George, Treasury’s inspector general for tax administration, said they were asked by House Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) “to narrowly focus on Tea Party organizations.”

Issa tried really hard to manipulate everyone. Just like any bullshit it starts to smell

Issa directed Treasury inspector general to ignore IRS treatment of liberal groups | The Raw Story

A spokesman for Treasury Inspector General J. Russell George told The Hill on Tuesday that Issa had requested investigators “narrowly focus on tea party organizations.”

One of those groups, Emerge America, saw its tax-exempt status denied, forcing it to disclose its donors and pay some taxes. None of the Republican groups have said their applications were rejected.

Progress Texas, another of the organizations, faced the same lines of questioning as the Tea Party groups from the same IRS office that issued letters to the Republican-friendly applicants. A third group, Clean Elections Texas, which supports public funding of campaigns, also received IRS inquiries.

But at the end of the day, Everyone, the Inspector, the Testimony, the articles, newspapers and reporters are all wrong. The need to play the victim is so strong that Republicans will ignore every link, every story because the feeling of being victimized is more important than the truth. I included 3 links but because repubs don't read they will complain about Rawstory like Pavlovs dog

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...mited-to-tea-party-groups-at-gop-request.html

They reject anything that Limbaugh and FOX don't tell them.

Alan Colmes: Tea Party Doesn't Care If GOP Loses Latinos | Fox News Latino

idiot

I want you to look it up for yourself. Why are you so afraid of doing it? Because then you cant use the rightwing strategy I just explained.

prove you don't beat your dog, else you're admitting you beat your dog.

stop being a retard and back up your claim. those are the rules of any debate or discussion. the one who makes the claim bears the burden of proving it. i don't have to prove you wrong retard.

They reject anything that Limbaugh and FOX don't tell them.

Alan Colmes: Tea Party Doesn't Care If GOP Loses Latinos | Fox News Latino

no, we just reject everything you post..

still waiting for a cite....

until you do, you just look like a foolish rube
LOL. I know how this works. I bring back a source (waste of time on Conservatives). Then you say you don't believe the source. Then you attack the source and the LSM........then you say you cant find it on FOX news.....blah blah. Yet any wild ass claim from any rightwing idiot site like Drudge you swallow with the zeal of a crack whore.....LMFAO.

but i've not done that. all you can do is make shit up about what i MIGHT do in order to avoid backing up your claim.

you have spent more time bitching and moaning about why you shouldn't back up your claim than backing up your claim, yet, here you are bitching about how it would be a waste of time to give me a source which you IMAGINE i might ignore.

why don't you try and see how i respond to your source. i rarely, if ever, attack a source.

It's always impressive when articles start with "A spokesman for .... said ...(blah blah blah).

Find me something that says, "The Inspector General said that Issa told him to concentrate on ...."

Libs and Cons alike will make up whatever argument they think supports their cause. I suspect this is a made up lie.

A spokesman for Russell George, Treasury’s inspector general for tax administration, said they were asked by House Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) “to narrowly focus on Tea Party organizations.”
Read what I posted.

Show me where THE INSPECTOR GENERAL said that Issa asked them to focus on ANYONE!

I don't want to read about what some goddamned SPOKESMAN (unidentified "witness") said.

Here ya go..

You two are posting mis-information and lies.

You can not claim that you haven't been shown the truth now.

Treasury: IRS targeted 292 Tea Party groups, just 6 progressive groups | WashingtonExaminer.com

Treasury: IRS targeted 292 Tea Party groups, just 6 progressive groups

Refuting Democratic suggestions that progressive groups were also swept up in the IRS probe of the tax status of Tea Party organizations, the Treasury Department's inspector general has revealed that just six progressive groups were targeted compared to 292 conservative groups.

In a letter to congressional Democrats, the inspector general also said that 100 percent of Tea Party groups seeking special tax status were put under IRS review, while only 30 percent of the progressive groups felt the same pressure.

The Wednesday letter to the top Democrat on the House Ways and Means Committee punched a huge hole in Democratic claims that progressive groups were targeted as much as the Tea Party groups from May 2010-May 2012, the height of the Tea Party movement.

The letter from the Treasury Department Inspector General for Tax Administration revealed that there just weren't many progressive groups who even sought special tax exempt status. A total of 20 sought it, and six were probed. All 292 Tea Party groups, meanwhile, were part of the IRS witchhunt.

"At this point, the evidence shows us that conservative groups were not only flagged, but targeted and abused by the IRS," said Sarah Swinehart spokeswoman for the Ways and Means Committee.

"As we gather the facts, we will follow them wherever they lead us. Chairman [Rep. David] Camp encourages all groups, regardless of political affiliation, that feel they may have been targeted to come forward and share their story."

Democrats had noticed that the word "progressives" was on the so-called Be On The Lookout, or BOLO, list. But the Treasury IG suggested that the list wasn't used.

The operative paragraph from the IG letter:

"Based on the information you flagged regarding the existence of a 'Progressives' entry on BOLO lists, TIGTA performed additional research which determined that six tax-exempt applications filed between May 2010 and May 2012 having the words 'progress' or 'progressive' in their names were included in the 298 cases the IRS identified as potential political cases. We also determined that 14 tax-exempt applications filed between May 2010 and May 2012 using the words 'progress' or 'progressive' in their names were not referred for added scrutiny as potential political cases. In total, 30 percent of the organizations we identified with the words 'progress' or "progressive" in their names were processed as potential political cases. In comparison, our audit found that 100 percent of the tax-exempt applications with Tea Party, Patriots, or 9/12 in their names were processed as potential political cases during the timeframe of our audit."

Last edited:

Read what I posted.

Show me where THE INSPECTOR GENERAL said that Issa asked them to focus on ANYONE!

I don't want to read about what some goddamned SPOKESMAN (unidentified "witness") said.

yep...because the inspector's audit never mentioned that

Forum List

Back