It appears Obamacare is working

My assistant has a special needs child.
In a few years, the child will be over 18.
At that time, without the ACA, my assistant would have to purchase insurance out of her pocket.
Now, with the ACA, my assistant can keep the child on the company healthcare plan.
This will save her thousands of dollars per year.

Really?? One of our neighbors on the street behind us still takes care of her special needs SISTER... she is in her 30's and is STILL covered under the regular health insurance under her plan from her employer as a DEPENDENT.... Absolute mythological horse shit that special needs persons would not be able to be covered, or were not able top be covered under the way things were

Obviously different plans have different provisions.

Indeed.. it's it is part of the choice you have in plans.. and even the choice you have in employers that offer plans... freedom is kinda funny that way

The ACA has been working for some time. You are benefitting from it as well as I.

You said that already, now you care to address my question?

Address your question? What was it? Wait until the end of exemptions and delays and then assess whether it worked or not? Sure... about 45% will say yes and 45% will say no. That is just what happens when you politicize it.

The non political reality is that you can keep your kids on until they are 26 and your PECs do not bar you from getting coverage. If you think those are bad things...well you're simply not intelligent enough to have a conversation with.

So now 26 year olds are children, yet we allow them to drink, vote, be charged as adults for crimes, carry a gun, is all that really prudent if they are incapable of managing their own lives? You libs can keep stretching the definitions of reality and all you will end up with is a reality skewed beyond all reason. But that is the intent isn't it, everything is subjective, no firm boundaries, everything can be redefined at will to meet the progressive agenda. Don't be surprised when people really get a belly full and just say no.

Edit, would you want to vote for a representative who is still on his parents healthcare plan, you know they can run at 25.

Last edited:

Address your question? What was it? Wait until the end of exemptions and delays and then assess whether it worked or not? Sure... about 45% will say yes and 45% will say no. That is just what happens when you politicize it.

The non political reality is that you can keep your kids on until they are 26 and your PECs do not bar you from getting coverage. If you think those are bad things...well you're simply not intelligent enough to have a conversation with.

So now 26 year olds are children, yet we allow them to drink, vote, be charged as adults for crimes, carry a gun, is all that really prudent if they are incapable of managing their own lives? You libs can keep stretching the definitions of reality and all you will end up with is a reality skewed beyond all reason. But that is the intent isn't it, everything is subjective, no firm boundaries, everything can be redefined at will to meet the progressive agenda. Don't be surprised when people really get a belly full and just say no.

Edit, would you want to vote for a representative who is still on his parents healthcare plan, you know they can run at 25.

I dont get your point here. You want them to not drink and shoot or drink and shoot without their parents Healthcare plan? Or you dont want a rep who is on his parents plan?

What are you going for here?

Has been working for some time now.

There is no way to count the number of people who actually have current (i.e. signed up and paid for) Obamacare policies. Sibelius has repeated more than once that they are not keeping track of such numbers. Where the President got the 7.1 million "new enrollees" he suddenly started braggin about, remains a mystery.

Obamacare has caused as many people to be kicked off their previous insurance as it has gotten the theoretical "signups" the President crowed about.

People who DO get a policy under Obamacare, are paying far more than they ever paid before. Some get taxpayer subsidies, but that just means that someone else is paying their own costs in full PLUS the subsidized guy's costs on top of it.

And if they get sick, that's when the real costs start piling up - they have higher deductibles than they ever had before, and the new policy will only pay 40% of what's left after the victim pays off the high deductible.

This, in the minds of Obots like candycorn, constitutes "it's working". :cuckoo:

I dont get your point here. You want them to not drink and shoot or drink and shoot without their parents Healthcare plan? Or you dont want a rep who is on his parents plan?

Should we allow children, incapable of providing for themselves do all that? If we are going to redefine "child" maybe we should also take a new look at what children are allowed to do. But of course you commies would say definitely not, you always want it both ways, it's much easier to pander to the masses that way.

At that time, without the ACA, my assistant would have to purchase insurance out of her pocket.
Now, with the ACA, my assistant can keep the child on the company healthcare plan.

For 8 years, then what? That aside are you telling us that there was no other help for the child? Such as SS disability? Any way that one section of the law could have been passed in one day and would have been passed bi-partisan.

As good as it is for your friend I don't believe you can say Obamacare is working when you point out it is working for a very small percentage of the people.,

Saving thousands of dollars for eight years is better than spending thousands of dollars during the same 8 years....would you agree?

As I understand, college kids who usually are uninsured or are covered at a higher rate once they leave the house and go away are benefitting as well. Don't have kids; don't know.

As for the GOP working with the President...yeah sure...what planet are you living on? Somehow, not one could see this benefit and bring themselves to vote for it...or publicly applaud it?

Sell crazy somewhere else.

Obama has gotten everything he wanted.

For 8 years, then what? That aside are you telling us that there was no other help for the child? Such as SS disability? Any way that one section of the law could have been passed in one day and would have been passed bi-partisan.

As good as it is for your friend I don't believe you can say Obamacare is working when you point out it is working for a very small percentage of the people.,

Saving thousands of dollars for eight years is better than spending thousands of dollars during the same 8 years....would you agree?

As I understand, college kids who usually are uninsured or are covered at a higher rate once they leave the house and go away are benefitting as well. Don't have kids; don't know.

As for the GOP working with the President...yeah sure...what planet are you living on? Somehow, not one could see this benefit and bring themselves to vote for it...or publicly applaud it?

yep, he has fundamentally changed the country for the worse. His goal of bringing the USA to its knees is being realized.

Rwngr would be a much better poster if he refrained from creating these troll threads.
He knows the numbers are inflated, he can read.
He knows the horrific coverage of the "Bronze Plans" - a plan for those with less money, a plan where most likely the only real benefit is carrying a plastic card around.

He knows. And he still makes these threads.
What do you call that?

He's a troll. it's WHO he is.

Could you define what you mean by "working?"

Consider the first word is affordable, is that working?

???

If the company has a health insurance plan and your assistant is on that and her s/n child is covered, he can still be covered even if he's over 18.

The more likely scenario is that if you have a company health insurance plan today, due to the (un)aca the company may choose to get rid of that plan and everyone at your company will have to go find insurance elsewhere, including the woman and her child.

If that is truly the case then we can implement the employer mandate which was pushed back to January of 2016 by say the end of May 2014.

Interesting is that at grades K-12 the government wants to own these same 26 yr old children. Something just doesn't add up :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Could you define what you mean by "working?"

Consider the first word is affordable, is that working?

Really?? One of our neighbors on the street behind us still takes care of her special needs SISTER... she is in her 30's and is STILL covered under the regular health insurance under her plan from her employer as a DEPENDENT.... Absolute mythological horse shit that special needs persons would not be able to be covered, or were not able top be covered under the way things were

The only one spreading mythological horse shit is you.

I never said that the child couldn't get covered; only that the coverage on the employer plan used to stop at 18 for children. Now it's 26 thanks to President Obama's efforts.

I will admit that this is the first and only time I have ever heard of someone being able to cover their sibling on their employer's plan. I doubt it's done easily or commonly.

No body said 26 y/o are kids. It's sad when you have to change the opposition's argument. Really sad.

Changing what the argument is so he has a faint chance at not embarrassing himself for once.

Should we allow children, incapable of providing for themselves do all that? If we are going to redefine "child" maybe we should also take a new look at what children are allowed to do. But of course you commies would say definitely not, you always want it both ways, it's much easier to pander to the masses that way.

You're not making a case why they shouldnt be able to do all that. You're just going "OMG" and expecting that to be a point or for it to translate into one.

Do you want to redefine what "children" can do? Ok, have at it....good luck.

Then you end it with Commies like you're some throwback from the 70's and still didnt make a point.

There is no way to count the number of people who actually have current (i.e. signed up and paid for) Obamacare policies. Sibelius has repeated more than once that they are not keeping track of such numbers. Where the President got the 7.1 million "new enrollees" he suddenly started braggin about, remains a mystery.

Obamacare has caused as many people to be kicked off their previous insurance as it has gotten the theoretical "signups" the President crowed about.

People who DO get a policy under Obamacare, are paying far more than they ever paid before. Some get taxpayer subsidies, but that just means that someone else is paying their own costs in full PLUS the subsidized guy's costs on top of it.

And if they get sick, that's when the real costs start piling up - they have higher deductibles than they ever had before, and the new policy will only pay 40% of what's left after the victim pays off the high deductible.

This, in the minds of Obots like candycorn, constitutes "it's working". :cuckoo:

Much like it was before the ACA when the same folks who were sick were showing up at the Emergency rooms and "someone else" (namely the taxpayers) paid 100% of the cost. Acute care costs 300% or so more than preventative care.

Were you a fan of that?

I know, I know...it's a complex argument and you don't see the costs because they are hidden in your taxes but somehow you seem to have been just fine with it. Only now that you're paying less and the treated is paying something are you choosing to bitch about it.

Imagine that.

Phone home E.T. you're from another planet.

More proof ObamaCare is working - The Week

The uninsured rate fell to 15.6 percent in the first quarter of the year, according to new Gallup data released Monday — the lowest it's been since 2008. And the rate has been falling since late last year, signaling that ObamaCare is indeed having its intended effect of extending insurance to more and more people. (The scale of the y-axis overstates the slope of the trend line, but you get the idea.)

Moreover, the rate fell precipitously in March, dropping from 15.8 percent at the month's outset to 14.7 percent come April. Such a steep drop is most likely an indication that many people raced to get insured right before ObamaCare's end-of-month enrollment deadline. And indeed, the administration reported that signups spiked in the month's closing days, pushing the total enrollments to 7.1 million.

i am just basing this post on the title of your OP...

From what i saw today..... it appears to me.... obamacare is doing more harm then good. People are going to be dead before they get their heads out of their asses..... No it is most defiantly NOT working....and just getting in the way.

If the definition of working is destroying private sector health care in order to make way for an American NHS, then you are spot on!

It's not working at all. A total complete failure just like the Obozo it was named after.

yep, he has fundamentally changed the country for the worse. His goal of bringing the USA to its knees is being realized.

More people covered for medical insurance=bringing the country to it's knees.

And you guys wonder why you have lost 5 of the last 6 popular votes?

Forum List

Back