it could easily have been us Americans in that caravan trying to save our children

Now the mask slips, and so easily too.You're not willing to tolerate the beliefs of those you disagree with. We have always known this. You simply project this on us.
`
What mask? Since I've been here I've done nothing but speak of my utter contempt for the evangelical cult. Not because of their beliefs but how their beliefs impacted me as a child. Such is life.
`

Still dealing with childhood issues?

let us start putting ourselves in the shoes of other folks. Mexicans are middle-class blue-collar workers just like us. there are poor folks in Mexico. there are poor folks in America. Jesus told us to save everyone.

EVERYONE. MEANS. EVERYONE.

Oh for God's sake...we can't "save" everyone by letting them migrate to the US and get on public assistance! At some point they need to fix the places they came from...not run away from the mess that they've created! God helps those who help themselves!

this country belongs to immigrants, not native born white folks.

this is my country, not yours.

THIS IS MY COUNTRY, NOT YOURS!

Actually it belongs to the citizens regardless of what they look like and where they came from.

Nice try though

The Republicans are always wanting to gut all public assistance, all while they desire to continually increase the military budgets for weapons of death, yet they claim the 'Jesus vote' for their precious politicians.
The irony meter goes to 11 with the GOP.

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Actually...you on the left continually ACCUSE the GOP of wanting to "gut" all public assistance...something you do every time it's pointed out that the entitlement programs we're already committed to we can't pay for and yet you want to add more things like "free college" and Medicare for everyone!

let us start putting ourselves in the shoes of other folks.

NO.

"it could easily have been us Americans in that caravan trying to save our children"

NO, NO IT COULD NOT HAVE....

WHY do snowflakes always insist on addressing every emotion with EMOTIONS instead of FACTS?!

Because If they use facts they lose

Jesus told us to save everyone.
Save them spiritually, not physically.
Today's christianity must make Jesus cringe.

Why do people don’t know Christ always presume to speak on what he would like and not like? (Which they always seems to equate to their own personal views)

How do you know the master you’ve never served?
I was raised in a church, boy.

Shame you never learned then

let us start putting ourselves in the shoes of other folks. Mexicans are middle-class blue-collar workers just like us. there are poor folks in Mexico. there are poor folks in America. Jesus told us to save everyone.

Oh for God's sake...we can't "save" everyone by letting them migrate to the US and get on public assistance! At some point they need to fix the places they came from...not run away from the mess that they've created! God helps those who help themselves!

Isn’t it telling that so many on the left would rather import them to use as slaves and political tools then empower them to make their own country better?

Isn’t it telling that so many on the left would rather import them to use as slaves and political tools then empower them to make their own country better?

It's all about votes with the Democrats. You'll never get them to admit it but that's why they don't want secure borders and are thrilled about the tens of thousands that are about to bum rush our country. All this talk about voter trends? It's not about a better vision of America pulling votes from one side to another...it's about appeasing the Hispanic voting block no matter if it's good for the country as a whole or not!

The Republicans are always wanting to gut all public assistance, all while they desire to continually increase the military budgets for weapons of death, yet they claim the 'Jesus vote' for their precious politicians.

Actually...you on the left continually ACCUSE the GOP of wanting to "gut" all public assistance...something you do every time it's pointed out that the entitlement programs we're already committed to we can't pay for and yet you want to add more things like "free college" and Medicare for everyone!

In reality we just want to remove public assistance from Federal government action and return it to the states to do as they choose.

Because we know how the republic was designed and that the federal government was never meant to be providing public assistance and should get the heck out of our lives

It's all about votes with the Democrats. You'll never get them to admit it but that's why they don't want secure borders and are thrilled about the tens of thousands that are about to bum rush our country. All this talk about voter trends? It's not about a better vision of America pulling votes from one side to another...it's about appeasing the Hispanic voting block no matter if it's good for the country as a whole or not!

The joke there is the Hispanic block doesn’t support illegal immigration

No it couldn’t just have easily been us
Fact is that’s not our condition nor our imperative to resolve

In reality we just want to remove public assistance from Federal government action and return it to the states to do as they choose.

Because we know how the republic was designed and that the federal government was never meant to be providing public assistance and should get the heck out of our lives

Sad to say...the Federal Government is SO large at this point...it's going to be a Herculean task to shrink it! Those IN the Federal Government will fight any attempts to cut their power with a scorched earth campaign against the people! They do it every time we try to force cuts on them...they respond by shutting down as many of the things we like as is possible and then turn any interaction with them into a never ending wait while they tell us all that it's because they are "underfunded"!

Jesus told us to save everyone.

Why do people don’t know Christ always presume to speak on what he would like and not like? (Which they always seems to equate to their own personal views)

I learned I don't like hypocrisy.

I learned I don't like hypocrisy.
Quote by Hermann Hesse: “If you hate a person, you hate something in him...”

Philosophical concepts aren't resolved with declarations of absolutes.

So you would say, but for two-bit simpletons, Taliban, and other know-nothing blowhards, this is exactly how it works. In fact, for them it's the only way how it works. Declare Them to be at fault - in doubt at fault for being Them, that is, not-us - and all the concepts, philosophical, religious, legal, whatever, are either rendered obsolete or resolved in such fashion as to render Them beyond care, love thy neighbor, brother's keeper and all the rest notwithstanding.

Wander the wide, destitute Plains of Rightardia - also known as UpIsDownistan - for a while, and you'll see.

It's Hegel for Dummies meets Lord of the Flies in 1984.

It's Hegel for Dummies meets Lord of the Flies in 1984.

Had I come up with the idea to lay out the dynamic in the form of cultural references - which I didn't and couldn't do - I might have preferred Nietzsche for Dummies (these Germans, eh?). But then, the latter two - regression into a feral state while afraid of a merely imaginary beast along with power struggles for supremacy, in conjunction with New-Speak-grade distortions of language to conceal that sordid state of affairs and give it the air of moral superiority - would probably suffice anyway.

Forum List

Back