it could easily have been us Americans in that caravan trying to save our children

Could you re-phrase your ridiculous hypothetical in a way that doesn't begin with "so"? Or perhaps make your argument without personalizing it? Assume I don't have a wife, and explain why your formulation makes sense.

I could but I won’t. If you truly don’t understand it then we have no basis for conversation. If you’re just being an ass, then we also have no basis for conversation.

Right and Wrong are the only two philosophical concepts one needs to understand. Nothing exists between them. If you don’t understand or refuse to embrace that, there’s nothing I can say or do to help you.

Could you re-phrase your ridiculous hypothetical in a way that doesn't begin with "so"? Or perhaps make your argument without personalizing it? Assume I don't have a wife, and explain why your formulation makes sense.

I could but I won’t. If you truly don’t understand it then we have no basis for conversation. If you’re just being an ass, then we also have no basis for conversation.

Right and Wrong are the only two philosophical concepts one needs to understand. Nothing exists between them. If you don’t understand or refuse to embrace that, there’s nothing I can say or do to help you.

No need for both of us to repeat our arguments.

Philosophical concepts aren't resolved with declarations of absolutes. Maybe he's thinking of the specific gravity of propane or something.

If they aren’t absolutes then they don’t exist. If Right and Wrong don’t exist, then there is no definitive means to prove whether one’s life has been lived properly or not. If there is no means to determine that, then there is no point to life itself. If there is no point to life, then it has no value. If life has no value then humanity as a whole has no value and our entire existence is pointless.

Now the mask slips, and so easily too.You're not willing to tolerate the beliefs of those you disagree with. We have always known this. You simply project this on us.
`
What mask? Since I've been here I've done nothing but speak of my utter contempt for the evangelical cult. Not because of their beliefs but how their beliefs impacted me as a child. Such is life.
`

Philosophical concepts aren't resolved with declarations of absolutes.

So you would say, but for two-bit simpletons, Taliban, and other know-nothing blowhards, this is exactly how it works. In fact, for them it's the only way how it works. Declare Them to be at fault - in doubt at fault for being Them, that is, not-us - and all the concepts, philosophical, religious, legal, whatever, are either rendered obsolete or resolved in such fashion as to render Them beyond care, love thy neighbor, brother's keeper and all the rest notwithstanding.

Wander the wide, destitute Plains of Rightardia - also known as UpIsDownistan - for a while, and you'll see.

Now the mask slips, and so easily too.You're not willing to tolerate the beliefs of those you disagree with. We have always known this. You simply project this on us.
`
What mask? Since I've been here I've done nothing but speak of my utter contempt for the evangelical cult. Not because of their beliefs but how their beliefs impacted me as a child. Such is life.
`

Okay, so a group of people hurt you as a child, so now ALL those people--who you imagine all believe the same thing and act the same way--are objects of your intolerance, wrath and hate.

Like this: when I was younger a black man stole my purse. I know those black people are lazy thieves. That's how they impacted me. Such is life.

You're free to think that way, of course. And we're free to call you close-minded as a result. Because you are choosing it.

Philosophical concepts aren't resolved with declarations of absolutes. Maybe he's thinking of the specific gravity of propane or something.

If they aren’t absolutes then they don’t exist. If Right and Wrong don’t exist, then there is no definitive means to prove whether one’s life has been lived properly or not. If there is no means to determine that, then there is no point to life itself. If there is no point to life, then it has no value. If life has no value then humanity as a whole has no value and our entire existence is pointless.

You are not the arbiter of Right and Wrong.

this country belongs to immigrants, not native born white folks.

this is my country, not yours.

THIS IS MY COUNTRY, NOT YOURS!

We can't employ or educate or care for all of our own, never mind taking-on more... we're out of room, and tired of being taken advantage of.
liberty_164585.jpg
We did our bit for the past couple of centuries... it's somebody else's turn now.

`
`

To add to this, whether the group was fair and kind to you has no bearing on whether all evangelicals are in a cult.

Because they're not.

And your feelings are inconsequential to whether the evangelical religion is a cult. Just like a white person who was a victim of theft by a black person--who then decides to hate and harbor "contempt" for all black people forevermore--can do that, but has no factual basis for it.

this country belongs to immigrants, not native born white folks.

this is my country, not yours.

THIS IS MY COUNTRY, NOT YOURS!

Keep hoping. Of course, you're just setting the stage for the next wave of immigrants to kick your native born children to the curb.

let us start putting ourselves in the shoes of other folks. Mexicans are middle-class blue-collar workers just like us. there are poor folks in Mexico. there are poor folks in America. Jesus told us to save everyone.

EVERYONE. MEANS. EVERYONE.

We can’t save everyone. We can’t even save ourselves. That is why Jesus Christ came.

No that would not be us. They aren’t coming to be saved. Because we would get up off our butts and work until we had a prosperous economy there. We wouldn’t run to mooch off others

The Republicans are always wanting to gut all public assistance, all while they desire to continually increase the military budgets for weapons of death, yet they claim the 'Jesus vote' for their precious politicians.
The irony meter goes to 11 with the GOP.

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

That’s because we take care of ourselves and our neighbors. We don’t demand the government make other people do it

let us start putting ourselves in the shoes of other folks. Mexicans are middle-class blue-collar workers just like us. there are poor folks in Mexico. there are poor folks in America. Jesus told us to save everyone.

EVERYONE. MEANS. EVERYONE.

Here is the truth.
The Left Wingers do not care about the illegal aliens other than to use them as political props.
We have an immigration system.
We have a 100% right to control our border crossings and immigration.
Aaaaaand the Dems are racist cretins.

immigrationThis_is_our_continent_not_yours_racist.JPG

Forum List

Back