it could easily have been us Americans in that caravan trying to save our children

Save them spiritually, not physically.
Today's christianity must make Jesus cringe.

Non-Christians feel very comfortable putting judgments and thoughts in Jesus Christ's head--what makes Him cringe, what makes Him sad, what He would do and say and pass judgment on for everyone but them. Of course.

Real Christians are not bothered by "what would make Jesus cringe" in anyone else. We know we have enough of "what would make Jesus cringe" in our own lives to fill up entire books.

That is in fact why we are Christians. We need saving and we know it. Non-Christians don't worry about their own sin. They're too busy pointing out how self-righteous they are and how sinful everyone else is.
Hypocritical "christians" are why most of us non-christians are.

If Christians are telling you they're better than you because they're Christians, they are at best misguided. We are not Christians because we're better than anyone else. We are in fact Christians because we have been convinced we are NOT.

How do unbelievers so badly misunderstand this? I think it's because Christians actually address sin. And that does make people feel uncomfortable.

Well, it should.
You are an exception, because that kinda shit goes on here daily.

I don't believe it.

I do know that unbelievers project and imagine a lot of stuff ONTO Christians.

The Republicans are always wanting to gut all public assistance, all while they desire to continually increase the military budgets for weapons of death, yet they claim the 'Jesus vote' for their precious politicians.
The irony meter goes to 11 with the GOP.

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

1. The republican opposition to public assistance is over stated.

2. The republican support for military budgets is over stated. Trump ran as a non-interventionalist and won.

3. Many, if not most liberals, who dominate the dem party, are actively hostile to Christianity.
All of that is 100% wrong. 180° out.

1. Republicans oppose cradle to grave nanny state. That does not mean that we are against a safety net, nor charity for those truly needy.

2. Trump ran as a noninterventionalist and won. A lot of the leadership is still stuck in the Cold War, but not the majority of the republican party.

3. The hostility to Christianity, can be seen on this site regularly.
Bullshit. Conservitards are against helping anyone less fortunate than they are in any way shape or form. It is on display here daily.

tRump ran as an isolationist, which is not the same thing but does appeal to frightened conservitards.

We are not hostile to christianity, we are hostile to hypocrites. It isn't our fault they seem to go hand in hand so often.

1. Angry partisans of those motivated enough to spend large amounts of time on a site like this, do not represent party policy. The Republican opposition to social spending is greatly overstated.

2. He ran as a non-intereventionalists, and won. That shows that war mongering accusation is ovderstated.

3. YOu leftards are hostile to any Christians who dare to put their religious beliefs ahead of your lefty agenda.

Nope, Jesus never tried to dictate the actions of government. It's you commies that think you can take Jesus out of government and then demand government actions based on his teachings.

So, you know what Jesus thinks now?

That's very presumptuous of you.

I mean two quotes up you told someone what would make Jesus cringe, and I in fact called you out on this. If you have a short-term memory problem, for real, I will stop calling out your deficiencies in this area. If you don't--please try to keep track of your own conversations.
You need to read what the post says, not what you wish it said. My statement is an opinion, and clearly identified as such by the wording, particularly the word "must". His was a declaration.

Right. Yours is much worse. You are actually attempting to imagine what could and does make Jesus cringe now--you are putting yourself on the Judgement Throne of God, in other words.

The poster quoted only referred to what everyone can read in Scriptures. He is not trying to mind-read the living Jesus, what would make Him cringe NOW.

So, just what I said. You're not referring to what we can all know, but you're putting yourself in the actual Judgement Seat.

let us start putting ourselves in the shoes of other folks. Mexicans are middle-class blue-collar workers just like us. there are poor folks in Mexico. there are poor folks in America. Jesus told us to save everyone.

EVERYONE. MEANS. EVERYONE.

Wrong!

Americans would make their way out into the wilderness, find some water, and make homesteads and a life for themselves.

Not travel north to a place looking for handouts.

Nope! Wrong!

Non-Christians feel very comfortable putting judgments and thoughts in Jesus Christ's head--what makes Him cringe, what makes Him sad, what He would do and say and pass judgment on for everyone but them. Of course.

Real Christians are not bothered by "what would make Jesus cringe" in anyone else. We know we have enough of "what would make Jesus cringe" in our own lives to fill up entire books.

That is in fact why we are Christians. We need saving and we know it. Non-Christians don't worry about their own sin. They're too busy pointing out how self-righteous they are and how sinful everyone else is.
Hypocritical "christians" are why most of us non-christians are.

If Christians are telling you they're better than you because they're Christians, they are at best misguided. We are not Christians because we're better than anyone else. We are in fact Christians because we have been convinced we are NOT.

How do unbelievers so badly misunderstand this? I think it's because Christians actually address sin. And that does make people feel uncomfortable.

Well, it should.
You are an exception, because that kinda shit goes on here daily.

I don't believe it.

I do know that unbelievers project and imagine a lot of stuff ONTO Christians.
Read some.threads with an open mind. You will see it.

Nope, Jesus never tried to dictate the actions of government. It's you commies that think you can take Jesus out of government and then demand government actions based on his teachings.

I mean two quotes up you told someone what would make Jesus cringe, and I in fact called you out on this. If you have a short-term memory problem, for real, I will stop calling out your deficiencies in this area. If you don't--please try to keep track of your own conversations.
You need to read what the post says, not what you wish it said. My statement is an opinion, and clearly identified as such by the wording, particularly the word "must". His was a declaration.

Right. Yours is much worse. You are actually attempting to imagine what could and does make Jesus cringe now--you are putting yourself on the Judgement Throne of God, in other words.

The poster quoted only referred to what everyone can read in Scriptures. He is not trying to mind-read the living Jesus, what would make Him cringe NOW.

So, just what I said. You're not referring to what we can all know, but you're putting yourself in the actual Judgement Seat.
Lol, my opinion is worse than his declarative statement?

Ok, obviously you aren't willing to.apply reason so I guess I'm.done. have a nice day.

Jesus told us to save everyone.
actually, He taught us to do so physically as well... in many many instances...

The parables of the Good Samaritan, The feeding of the 5000, Who is thy Neighbor....

And he taught that the goodness we do for others, will be 10 folded back at us.... maybe that 10 fold was rewards in Heaven and not monetary, but it was the direction to help others, STRANGERS.... like in the Story of Sodom and Gomorrah, and the Scripture of the Judgement of Nations by Christ....where all of these so called religious people did not help the poor, the jailed, the sick, the STRANGER etc....

It is is whole darn message to us, SJ.....

Lol, my opinion is worse than his declarative statement?

Ok, obviously you aren't willing to.apply reason so I guess I'm.done. have a nice day.

You did what you actually accused him of doing.

So, yes. But you often miss this about yourself.

I'm not sure right wingers even care about their own children.
They want to leave a dirty planet to their kids.
They don't care about democracy.
They don't want their kids to have good healthcare.
They want their kids to live without safety regulations because they cost too much.
They don't care about education leaving their kids hamstrung.

1. We care about our children to the point where those children are taught to accept the consequences of their decisions and to embrace personal responsibility, not charity.

2. We understand the planet was around long before we got here and will be long after we’re gone.

3. True Conservatives have no use for Democracy. We prefer a Republican form of Government if the population is intelligent and real enough to handle it or Authoritarian if they’re not.

4. We expect our children to be responsible for acquiring their own health services and the debt that may be acquired to achieve it. We provide the best we can for them until such time as they are adults.

5. We understand that there is a necessary balance between Government regulation and private industry and that often the only purpose of that regulation is to hinder the industry, not make it safer. We also believe that the employees are often far better equipped to regulate the industry than the Government.

6. We understand that education without defined purpose and career orientation is worthless. We refuse to allow our children to to be indoctrinated with ideals contrary to our morals and values. Especially when there is no counterpoint allowed. We understand that not every job requires a degree and not every student’s talents lay in the extended academic environment. We believe that career and life oriented education is more important than over-education

Who said anything about tolerance? I didn't. The evangelical cult is the antithesis of tolerance, now that you mention it.

Tolerance, like Compromise, is the haven of those who are either unaware of the ideals of Right and Wrong or who refuse to follow them.

Fine, bulldoze the San Francisco mansions and build public housing for illegals...no? Yeah I thought so. :anj_stfu:

If you're an atheist why are you presuming to know what someone who you don't believe existed did or did not do?
`
You and your dichotomies. JC is also a "historical figure". Your portrayal of him is at odds with recorded history.

let us start putting ourselves in the shoes of other folks. Mexicans are middle-class blue-collar workers just like us. there are poor folks in Mexico. there are poor folks in America. Jesus told us to save everyone.

EVERYONE. MEANS. EVERYONE.

We have an immigration system.
There is no excuse for illegal immigration.

Tolerance, like Compromise, is the haven of those who are either unaware of the ideals of Right and Wrong or who refuse to follow them.
`
So are these things......
`
`

carol.jpg

And going on and on about the "evangelical cult" is the pinnacle of tolerance, does that sum it up?
`
Who said anything about tolerance? I didn't. The evangelical cult is the antithesis of tolerance, now that you mention it.

Now the mask slips, and so easily too.

You're not willing to tolerate the beliefs of those you disagree with. We have always known this. You simply project this on us.

Forum List

Back