it could easily have been us Americans in that caravan trying to save our children

Jesus told us to save everyone.
Save them spiritually, not physically.
Today's christianity must make Jesus cringe.

Non-Christians feel very comfortable putting judgments and thoughts in Jesus Christ's head--what makes Him cringe, what makes Him sad, what He would do and say and pass judgment on for everyone but them. Of course.

Real Christians are not bothered by "what would make Jesus cringe" in anyone else. We know we have enough of "what would make Jesus cringe" in our own lives to fill up entire books.

That is in fact why we are Christians. We need saving and we know it. Non-Christians don't worry about their own sin. They're too busy pointing out how self-righteous they are and how sinful everyone else is.

That's a little judgemental and a lot presumptuous.

I do not approve of your lifestyle choices. But neither do I hate you.
You do not approve of my lifestyle choices, based on what you say regarding the "evangelical cult". Does that mean you hate me?I mean I'm trying to get to the bottom of this charge of "hate" here.....
`
If you are looking for hate, look no further than your own group. I have no problem seeing it.

let us start putting ourselves in the shoes of other folks. Mexicans are middle-class blue-collar workers just like us. there are poor folks in Mexico. there are poor folks in America. Jesus told us to save everyone.

EVERYONE. MEANS. EVERYONE.
Uh. . . the folks in the caravan aren't Mexican.

That is so 1960's.

All of our factories are already in Mexico, why would they want to come here? Hell, Mexico is having the same problem we are having. . .

:abgg2q.jpg:

let us start putting ourselves in the shoes of other folks. Mexicans are middle-class blue-collar workers just like us. there are poor folks in Mexico. there are poor folks in America. Jesus told us to save everyone.

I don't recall jesus saying that but provide the book or epistle chapter and verse.

In the meantime let as many of these illegals as you can fit into your home to stay and then we can talk.
------------------------------------------------ might be ok if they STAYED in his HOUSE FOREVER but eventually they'd be leaving his house to hang out somewhere in America .

Non-Christians feel very comfortable putting judgments and thoughts in Jesus Christ's head--what makes Him cringe, what makes Him sad, what He would do and say and pass judgment on for everyone but them. Of course.

Real Christians are not bothered by "what would make Jesus cringe" in anyone else. We know we have enough of "what would make Jesus cringe" in our own lives to fill up entire books.

That is in fact why we are Christians. We need saving and we know it. Non-Christians don't worry about their own sin. They're too busy pointing out how self-righteous they are and how sinful everyone else is.
Hypocritical "christians" are why most of us non-christians are.

If Christians are telling you they're better than you because they're Christians, they are at best misguided. We are not Christians because we're better than anyone else. We are in fact Christians because we have been convinced we are NOT.

How do unbelievers so badly misunderstand this? I think it's because Christians actually address sin. And that does make people feel uncomfortable.

Well, it should.
You are an exception, because that kinda shit goes on here daily.

The Republicans are always wanting to gut all public assistance, all while they desire to continually increase the military budgets for weapons of death, yet they claim the 'Jesus vote' for their precious politicians.
The irony meter goes to 11 with the GOP.

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

1. The republican opposition to public assistance is over stated.

2. The republican support for military budgets is over stated. Trump ran as a non-interventionalist and won.

3. Many, if not most liberals, who dominate the dem party, are actively hostile to Christianity.
All of that is 100% wrong. 180° out.

1. Republicans oppose cradle to grave nanny state. That does not mean that we are against a safety net, nor charity for those truly needy.

2. Trump ran as a noninterventionalist and won. A lot of the leadership is still stuck in the Cold War, but not the majority of the republican party.

3. The hostility to Christianity, can be seen on this site regularly.

The GOP & it's Satanic membership would like nothing more than to completely wipe every social program from the face of the Earth & to spend more than they save on that on bombs, bombs, and more bombs.

Look; someone can count to three

You do not approve of my lifestyle choices, based on what you say regarding the "evangelical cult". Does that mean you hate me?I mean I'm trying to get to the bottom of this charge of "hate" here.....
`
If you are looking for hate, look no further than your own group. I have no problem seeing it.

Hate, like goodness is observed by watching a pattern. The same for both can be said of racism, homophobia, or really anything else. Patterns are seen when they are sought. Case in point- Charlie Browns Christmas recently came into the headlines. Honestly, I don’t think Charles adchultz was some huge racist and I don’t think the dinner scene was intentionally slanted that way- but someone saw a pattern of racism where none was intended and now, 40 years later it is a headline. Don’t call anyone haters, because everyone who is capable of hatred is equally capable of love and goodness. This is coming from someone who believes that any person has the capability to commit the worst atrocity as well as the greatest good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, Jesus never tried to dictate the actions of government. It's you commies that think you can take Jesus out of government and then demand government actions based on his teachings.

So, you know what Jesus thinks now?

That's very presumptuous of you.

I mean two quotes up you told someone what would make Jesus cringe, and I in fact called you out on this. If you have a short-term memory problem, for real, I will stop calling out your deficiencies in this area. If you don't--please try to keep track of your own conversations.
You need to read what the post says, not what you wish it said. My statement is an opinion, and clearly identified as such by the wording, particularly the word "must". His was a declaration.

i dont work at Wendy's. i'm not a roofer. but i care about my fellow Americans. we should care about our fellow Mexicans, Hondurans and whateverans!
How do you know the best way to care about everyone on the planet isn't to keep them where they are?

THank you for demonstrating what I mean.Like I said, the hostility to Christianity can be seen on this site regularly.
`
Your biased opinion. Real Christians are not filled with hate like the so-called christians of the far right, posting in this forum.
`

You do not approve of my lifestyle choices, based on what you say regarding the "evangelical cult". Does that mean you hate me?

I mean I'm trying to get to the bottom of this charge of "hate" here.....
No, you're just a deplorable. In their eyes.

I'm not sure right wingers even care about their own children.
They want to leave a dirty planet to their kids.
They don't care about democracy.
They don't want their kids to have good healthcare.
They want their kids to live without safety regulations because they cost too much.
They don't care about education leaving their kids hamstrung.

See what I mean?

Where has common sense gone since 'r reagan and old man bushthe wrong type ' started this problem of foreigners in the USA . We need another Operation similar to Operation Wetback to clean up the USA eh ??

Trump deported Jorge Ramos from his press conference, he'll have no problem deporting all of us immigrants
Only illegal immigrants

Illegals are migrants, not immigrants. Immigrants are those who are legally here. Don't equate the two.
--------------------------------------- illegals are Illegal ALIENS .

It's self describing.

Immigrants are migrants those who are allowed to be here, legally.

While all immigrants are migrants, not all migrants are immigrants, only legal migrants are.

Left is constantly trying to equate the two in order to gain legal standing for illegal migrants, which they do not have.

For example, by calling illegals "immigrants" they insinuate they have legal status in the US. How many times we heard the phrase "We are nation of immigrants", where they're trying to sneak the illegals into the "immigrant" group. On the contrary, we are "nation of citizens" and to some degree, we are "nation of immigrants" but only those immigrants who became citizens. The rest of them are just aliens. Legal or illegal.

`

And going on and on about the "evangelical cult" is the pinnacle of tolerance, does that sum it up?

yeah , well yeah . My opinion is that i have a problem with ALL imported third worlders imported into the USA legally or illegally . So thank you but America may have once been a 'nation of the RIGHT type of immigrant' at one time but thats not true for the last 50 years since ' reagan - bush' started the importing of third worlders into the USA Americano .

Forum List

Back