It is time to repeal an obsolete constitutional amendment

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Young people these days are showing the highest level of immaturity than any previous generation. In previous times, children would become adults at the age of 18 or even earlier. Previous generations were full of young men who would lie about their age in order to enlist in the military and risk their lives while fighting wars in foreign lands. It also wasn't uncommon to see people getting married and starting families at those ages.

Since those times the societal norms have changed dramatically, and this is not the same country than it was then. Many younger people don't even leave the care of their fathers and mothers until they reach their mid 20's, or even later. Even health care laws allow them to depend on their parents to provide healthcare up to the age of 26.

I think it's time that we repeal the 26th amendment. We are hearing many suggestions that 18 is too young of an age to own a firearm. So why is it not too young to vote?

Driving license age could be bumped up as well.....we have had several teens in the area killed while texting on their phone.

Young people these days are showing the highest level of immaturity than any previous generation. In previous times, children would become adults at the age of 18 or even earlier. Previous generations were full of young men who would lie about their age in order to enlist in the military and risk their lives while fighting wars in foreign lands. It also wasn't uncommon to see people getting married and starting families at those ages.

Since those times the societal norms have changed dramatically, and this is not the same country than it was then. Many younger people don't even leave the care of their fathers and mothers until they reach their mid 20's, or even later. Even health care laws allow them to depend on their parents to provide healthcare up to the age of 26.

I think it's time that we repeal the 26th amendment. We are hearing many suggestions that 18 is too young of an age to own a firearm. So why is it not too young to vote?

previous generations had wars to fight that weren't for no reason.

do you know what the 25th amendment is?

Murdering troll.

As pointed out by many, "adolescence" is a very recent invention. The Jewish bar mitzvah, the Catholic Confirmation, the traditionl age for university matriculation, and trade apprenticeship (13, 14) point to (1) the human capability of assuming adult responsibilities and roles in early teen years, and (2) how our culture has degraded the species with coddling and low expectations.

Voting at 16?

As Mr. Mcenroe often exclaimed, "You cannot be serious!"

Indeed. They're stretched adolescence to age 26. and the power to vote is more dangerous than the power to shoot. Set that as the voting age. Exception granted for those in military service/veterans.

Threatened by 18 yr olds?

Why not? Democrats are.

Actually I feel far more threatened by 18 year old kids who are too ignorant to vote responsibly, than I am by those who own firearms. I know 18 year old kids who actually own firearms, but they have enough common sense not to vote for people who want to take them away from them.

I was thinking about the exact same thing today when they announced Trump was considering an age increase on semi-automatic rifles.

In the normal circle of things, many kids start out liberal and become conservative as they get older. I know that's the way it was for me and many of my friends. In fact we still get together for poker games every year or so, and laugh about how we used to think and behave when we were kids.

To truly have what it takes to understand politics, history and results of actions, you need to get out in the workforce for a few years. You need to pour sweat to understand what it takes to make a dollar, and what government does with those dollars once they take them away from you. You need to work with the good-for-nothings who usually have a liberal mindset. They are lazy, expect the world to be handed to them, and constantly complain about what they are not getting.

So here's the question: If we Republicans agreed to an age increase for firearms, how much do you want to bet Democrats would never trade us for an increase in voting age?

So much for caring about the kids.

The

The one between 24 & 26?

I was thinking about the exact same thing today when they announced Trump was considering an age increase on semi-automatic rifles.

In the normal circle of things, many kids start out liberal and become conservative as they get older. I know that's the way it was for me and many of my friends. In fact we still get together for poker games every year or so, and laugh about how we used to think and behave when we were kids.

To truly have what it takes to understand politics, history and results of actions, you need to get out in the workforce for a few years. You need to pour sweat to understand what it takes to make a dollar, and what government does with those dollars once they take them away from you. You need to work with the good-for-nothings who usually have a liberal mindset. They are lazy, expect the world to be handed to them, and constantly complain about what they are not getting.

So here's the question: If we Republicans agreed to an age increase for firearms, how much do you want to bet Democrats would never trade us for an increase in voting age?

So much for caring about the kids.

You're suggesting that the Democrats would actually "reach across the aisle" and give Republicans something in exchange for something the Democrats want? That the Democrats would actually "compromise"?

pcvss.jpg

Hey old white guys, remember when hamburger only cost 25 cents.....minorities knew their place, women were playthings and white guys could only play sports...

Yup, the young today will never know the good olde days when a white guy didn't have to complete anything more than high school to feel superior...

I didn't suggest that the 25th Amendment be repealed. Otherwise how would Paul Ryan ever become President?

[

18 year olds? pfffft. You lefties have created 10 and 12 year olds that carry guns and sell drugs. You must be proud.

Get back to us when a group of your upstanding 12 year old Democrats car jack you, cap a few into your ass and leaves you sprawled out in a pool of your blood on the street. We'll all show our concern. But don't worry....dressed like you are, they'll probably give you "special" treatment.

Happens all the time in your liberal cesspools.

[

18 year olds? pfffft. You lefties have created 10 and 12 year olds that carry guns and sell drugs. You must be proud.

Get back to us when a group of your upstanding 12 year old Democrats car jack you, cap a few into your ass and leaves you sprawled out in a pool of your blood on the street. We'll all show our concern. But don't worry....dressed like you are, they'll probably give you "special" treatment.

Happens all the time in your liberal cesspools.

That was brutal. :laughing0301:

1jhhp5.jpg

Sadly....there's a lot of statistical fact and truth to it also.

Ironically, J.E.D probably lives where the odds of self created social violence from sanctuary savages or deranged Democrats is disproportionately high.

Chicago for example isn't exactly a conservatives destination.

Them Dems Luuuuvs dem some violence!!

Hey old white guys, remember when hamburger only cost 25 cents.....minorities knew their place, women were playthings and white guys could only play sports...

Yup, the young today will never know the good olde days when a white guy didn't have to complete anything more than high school to feel superior...

And maybe never know what it was like to go to school without metal detectors and armed guards. Or the girls to go to school without worry about some flake in a dress ready to go to the showers with them.

And maybe never know what it was like to go to school without metal detectors and armed guards. Or the girls to go to school without worry about some flake in a dress ready to go to the showers with them.

Sure, those old days didn't have 100's of millions of military weapons on the streets (gun owners primarily used guns to hunt) and culture which glorifies their use.

Nobody showers at school anymore ray.

BTW most girls then and now just want to use the bathroom and NOT be harassed by the good olde boys club who wait for them outside the restroom.

Last edited:

Sure, those old days didn't have 100's of millions of military weapons on the streets (gun owners primarily used guns to hunt) and culture which glorifies their use.

Nobody showers at school anymore ray.

BTW most girls then and now just want to use the bathroom and NOT be harassed by the good olde boys club who wait for them outside the restroom.

Well I was part of the good ole days, and I don't remember anybody waiting outside a girls restroom for anything. If any guy did that, we would beat the hell out of them for being a weirdo.

Guns were around my entire life, but back then, males were raised to be men. If you got out of hand with a teacher, he would take a board and beat the hell out of you right in front of your classmates. If you did poorly in school, they gave you an F for failure--not an E for Effort. If you went out with your parents and got out of hand, they would whack you on the ass in front of strangers and you just cried in front of them. In short, we were raised dealing with negative emotions, and that's why we didn't grab a gun and try to kill everybody if a girl giggled when we asked them out, or a school trowing us out because of our behavior.

Liberals destroyed our country and culture, and blame Republicans for it because we support a constitutional right, as if we never had it before. Believe it or not, back in the good ole days, we only had two genders in this country. Imagine that!!!

Forum List

Back