It takes 3/4 of the States to ratify an Amendment to the Constitution: The Electoral College is safe

Sorry bitch but I never owned another human; that would be unwise, IMO.

How about your ancestors, Brainiac? How far back do you want to go?

Why are you bringing my family into this?

Trying to breech the no family attack rule, or what?
Considering history, history beyond your mental hackery, we probably all have ancestors that owned a slave.
Stop being such a fucking pussy.

None of my family were slave owners.
My ancestors came here from Scotland & Germany, were poor, and had no potential to own other humans.

Happy now?
It is not possible to know your entire family ancestory.
Dumbass.
Slavery is thousands of years old.
Geez dude.. seriously

Sorry bitch but I never owned another human; that would be unwise, IMO.

Considering history, history beyond your mental hackery, we probably all have ancestors that owned a slave.

My ancestors came here from Scotland & Germany, were poor, and had no potential to own other humans.

Happy now?
Dumbass.
Geez dude.. seriously

I'm speaking within the context of the Europeans settling the North American continent, and more specifically within the context & time frame of what one member brought up earlier in the thread, the Founding Fathers.

Within that time frame & context I know what my family history is.

You might want to try & keep up with the thread, and not what is in your head.

Now, you can kindly go fuck off.

Happy now?
Dumbass.
Geez dude.. seriously

I'm speaking within the context of the Europeans settling the North American continent, and more specifically within the context & time frame of what one member brought up earlier in the thread, the Founding Fathers.

Gawd you are a sensitive little bitch, arent ya? Since your pathetic ass drew guidelines, i guess i will let you get back to jerking off.

Happy now?
Dumbass.
Geez dude.. seriously

Gawd you are a sensitive little bitch, arent ya? Since your pathetic ass drew guidelines, i guess i will let you get back to jerking off.

If you're not too goddamn lazy, go back & check the OP & post #7. THERE IS the context of the thread.

Also, the next time you make some lame ass attempt to spew your shit in a thread, try reviewing the thread so, that your drivel will be appropriate to the context & the time frame of the thread, NOT thousands of fucking years ago.

Happy now?
Dumbass.
Geez dude.. seriously

If you're not too goddamn lazy, go back & check the OP & post #7. THERE IS the context of the thread.

Also, the next time you make some lame ass attempt to spew your shit in a thread, try reviewing the thread so, that your drivel will be appropriate to the context & the time frame of the thread, NOT thousands of fucking years ago.
He said how far back do you wanna go?
You didnt answer and started whining about the rules. I read it dude.
I only added "thousamds of years ago" because you wanted to act like slavery is only a few hundred years old.

Happy now?
Dumbass.
Geez dude.. seriously

I only added "thousamds of years ago" because you wanted to act like slavery is only a few hundred years old.

95% plus of this thread relates to the past 200 plus years of US history.
Was there an electoral college thousands of years ago?
Were the US Founding Fathers around thousands of years ago?
Why must you insist on perverting this thread with you bullshit?

If you wanna talk slavery that happened thousands of years ago, maybe you could consider starting your own thread instead of attempting to insert your penis into this thread?

Dumbass.
Geez dude.. seriously

95% plus of this thread relates to the past 200 plus years of US history.
Was there an electoral college thousands of years ago?
Were the US Founding Fathers around thousands of years ago?
Why must you insist on perverting this thread with you bullshit?

If you wanna talk slavery that happened thousands of years ago, maybe you could consider starting your own thread instead of attempting to insert your penis into this thread?
Again, he said "how far back do you wanna go" i was simply stating we all probably have ancestors that owned slaves and how pathetic it was to bring in the no family rule.
Im done. This is dumb.
Haopy easter bro

I don't think you can assume that at all. If we didn't have the electoral college, those candidates would have run different races and different strategies.

How so?

In 2016, example given. Hillary Clinton would have spent a lot of time campaigning in places like New York and California- states she pretty much ignored 3 years ago.

The more the voters saw her, the less they liked, and her margins would have dissipated in those major states. In California, she had a margin of over 4 million votes. It would have been a whole lot less if she had campaigned there. And that one state alone, had a higher margin in popular vote than she had in the whole USA.

I don't think you can assume that at all. If we didn't have the electoral college, those candidates would have run different races and different strategies.

How so?

In 2016, example given. Hillary Clinton would have spent a lot of time campaigning in places like New York and California- states she pretty much ignored 3 years ago.

The more the voters saw her, the less they liked, and her margins would have dissipated in those major states. In California, she had a margin of over 4 million votes. It would have been a whole lot less if she had campaigned there. And that one state alone, had a higher margin in popular vote than she had in the whole USA.

Informative, but I was referring to the elections of 1860, 1912 and 1992.

Hilary lost to a Community Organizer unknown, and then a novice businessman. No wonder she has to lean on Chardonnay too much as she's told us. EC rules!

...the Electoral College is enshrined in the United States Constitution. The only way to change the United States Constitution is an amendment to the United States Constitution.

Democrats know this, so why are they pursuing an interstate compact instead of an amendment to the United States Constitution?

Probably because they think their base is too stupid to understand constitutional law.

...the Electoral College is enshrined in the United States Constitution. The only way to change the United States Constitution is an amendment to the United States Constitution.

Democrats know this, so why are they pursuing an interstate compact instead of an amendment to the United States Constitution?

Probably because they think their base is too stupid to understand constitutional law.

It's a direct violation of Article I, Section 10 of the United States Constitution, which states:

"No State shall enter into any Compact with another State..."

They're obviously just doing this to fund raise from their brain-dead base.

If they were serious they would go through the process of amending the United States Constitution.

The EC was and still is a very good idea.

Yup and that's why the FF's put it in the Constitution. They were very wise, far seeing men.

People that own human slaves are NOT wise.
They were wiser than the majority of today’s so called leaders. They were not perfect and products of the era in which lived but they created a country and a system of electing the President congressional representatives that has survived and worked well for over 200 years. I highly doubt any of the numbnuts of today can come up with something better.

Well, the system of electing the president has changed since the country was founded. So has the system for electing members of Congress. :p

Lincoln, Wilson and Clinton would never have been elected President.

Maybe it's not such a great idea after all...

Lincoln wouldn't have run it differently. There were 4 distinct parties when he ran the first time. Lincoln won with only 37% of the vote.

We can't know what would happen if there was a rule change after the election. Changing the rules prior to the election would drastically change the voter turnout. Maybe for the better, maybe for the worse, but definitely different.

Currently, far too many voters are discouraged from voting because the outcome in their state has already been decided before the nominees are even determined.

Forum List

Back