IT WAS INEVITABLE: Speech control moves from the campus to the workplace

It has been BAD ENOUGH that the Regressive Left has enabled the control of freedom of expression on AMERICAN college campuses (of all fucking places on the planet), and it has already spread into the workplace. But now we're looking at having an "artificial intelligence" device that LISTENS TO WORKPLACE CONVERSATIONS to be sure that we are being "inclusive" and "equal".

I am not making this up.

Could a smart device catch implicit bias in the workplace?

“The vision that we have [for this project] is that you would have a device, maybe something like Amazon Alexa, that sits on the table and observes the human team members while they are working on a problem, and supports them in various ways,” says Riedl, an associate professor who studies crowdsourcing, open innovation, and network science. “One of the ways in which we think we can support that team is by ensuring equal inclusion of all team members.”

The fact that this is even AN IDEA shows how far this has gone.

Enjoy. This is what happens we start controlling, intimidating and punishing freedom of expression. IN AMERICA.
Nonsense.

No one is ‘controlling’ anyone’s speech – on the campus or in the workplace.

The only thing inevitable is this sort of demagoguery and dishonesty from the right.

It has been BAD ENOUGH that the Regressive Left has enabled the control of freedom of expression on AMERICAN college campuses (of all fucking places on the planet), and it has already spread into the workplace. But now we're looking at having an "artificial intelligence" device that LISTENS TO WORKPLACE CONVERSATIONS to be sure that we are being "inclusive" and "equal".

I am not making this up.

Could a smart device catch implicit bias in the workplace?

“The vision that we have [for this project] is that you would have a device, maybe something like Amazon Alexa, that sits on the table and observes the human team members while they are working on a problem, and supports them in various ways,” says Riedl, an associate professor who studies crowdsourcing, open innovation, and network science. “One of the ways in which we think we can support that team is by ensuring equal inclusion of all team members.”

The fact that this is even AN IDEA shows how far this has gone.

Enjoy. This is what happens we start controlling, intimidating and punishing freedom of expression. IN AMERICA.
Nonsense.

No one is ‘controlling’ anyone’s speech – on the campus or in the workplace.

The only thing inevitable is this sort of demagoguery and dishonesty from the right.

Here's a thought: Maybe actually read the article before going off on your irrelevant tangent against the right.

Something to motivate you comrade...long live the people's revolution!
Let's review!

I start a thread that is critical of the Regressive Left, and through the logical and thoughtful application of your powerful critical thinking skills, you determine that I'm a communist.

The world's first communist financial advisor.

Well, I think you've really nailed this one, Sherlock. Your prodigious intellect really sniffed out Da Troof post haste here, you betcha.

:laugh2:

I honestly don't see much difference between what you deem 'regressive left' and Cult45 these days. Neither can seem to mind their own business to save their lives.

Businesses don't have ideologies. They have one goal, and that is to make money. Corporate loyalty is a thing of the past (if it ever even existed) and when we realize we're all expendable then there might be avenues to change the paradigm. The continuing Orwellian monitoring of employees is now commonplace as a giant CYA in an overly litigious, sensitive and politically polarized society.
As I say all the time, the two ends can be comically similar in their behaviors.

But I'm not even going as far as the companies themselves. I'm talking about this relentless drive to control, intimidate and punish communication on a macro scale. Political Correctness, Cancel Culture. This story is merely the latest drop in the hurricane.

I'm seeing this control being exerted more and more, and I'll fight it every step of the way. Freedom of expression is the most liberal of all values, it's our most important right, and this shit sure as hell isn't liberal.

Again, one has never had or rarely ever had freedom of expression in a place of work.
Again, freedom of expression, like most things, exists on a continuum.

Monitoring and enforcing words used in business meetings for "fairness" or "inclusion" is a clear step in the wrong direction, at least for those of us who are serious about maintaining as much freedom of expression as possible.
Wrong.

Again, freedom of expression concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed – not between or among private persons and private organizations.

No freedom of expression is being ‘violated,’ no one is being ‘silenced.’

You’ve attempted to contrive a non-issue into an ‘issue’ – and failed.

Again, freedom of expression concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed – not between or among private persons and private organizations.

According to who? Is it not my freedom to express the idea that I believe your ideas are nutty, or do we have to have an official document or government entity involved? I'd love you to expand on this fascinating logic. Go.

The illiberal, authoritarian Regressive Left will downplay, minimize, and/or dismiss criticism of any measure that allows for the control, intimidation or punishment of speech they don't like.

Whether it's on a college campus, a rally or a workplace, they want control. That's how authoritarians are.

They'll also try to downplay this story, pretending it's not just another drop in the hurricane, just another example of a much larger picture.

Stormy, if you've failed so bad at life some college girl is a threat to you, that's on you.

Last time I checked, businesses weren't democracies..
Ah, but what about the politics of those that run those companies? Chik-fil-A or say, Google. Go woke go broke? Why is politics even part of this equation? Because its the elephant in the room now. It's insane how much reach liberal politics has.

"Ah, but what about the politics of those that run those companies? Chik-fil-A or say, Google. Go woke go broke? Why is politics even part of this equation? Because its the elephant in the room now. It's insane how much reach liberal politics has."

I'm sure it bothers you that non-right wing fascists have the same rights as you....

but they do.....

so they can (just like you and your friends) BOYCOTT any business for any reason.

List of liberal, progressive companies that you should boycott

Chrysler - United Auto Workers own 55% of the company. This union fights to elect liberal democrats. NOT buying a Chrysler car may be one the biggest ways you can help fight liberals.

Chic-Fil-A - Donated to the far left organization the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Nike - Virtue signaling advertisements, racist Kaepernick ads.

TD AmeriTrade - Pulled advertising from Tucker Carlson. Use E Trade instead. E Trade gives you a security token to access your account, making E Trade a better choice anyway.

Ancestry.com - Pulled advertising from Tucker Carlson. There are numerous other companies that do DNA testing and for probably much cheaper.

GrubHub.com - The CEO Matt Maloney had a tantrum after Trump won, asking Trump-supporting employees who did not support a "culture of support and inclusiveness" to quit, falsely implying that Trump is exclusive. And, perpetuating more mainstream media lies, he said he rejected “nationalist, anti-immigrant and hateful politics of Donald Trump.” Instead use DoorDash, UberEats, Munchery, or Postmates.

Starbucks - CEO called Trump campaign "vitriolic display of bigotry and hate and divisiveness.”

Progressive Insurance - Chairman has poured tens of millions of dollars into alt-left organizations such as the ACLU, America Coming Together, and MoveOn.

NetFlix - CEO said "Trump would destroy much of what is great about America.” Created a racist "Dear white people" SJW video attacking white people for being white.

Sonic - SEO of Sonic is a long-time democrat donor who obsesses over diversity.

Ben & Jerry's - Supports the racist hate group black lives matter. Supported the "women's march" AKA the "DEMOCRAT women's march".

Lyft - Gave 1 million to ACLU in response to Trump's travel ban.

Trip Advisor - Pulled advertising from conservative Laura Ingram's show because she dared challenge David Hogg.

JP Morgan Chase - Pulled ads because Megyn Kelly interviewed Alex Jones

Cars.com - Pulled their advertising from Hannity for talking about Seth Rich.

NFL - Anti-American. If you watch then don't pay for NFL Network or buy NFL clothing. If you insist on going to games then sneak in your own food and drink. Put less money in their pockets.

Macy's - Pulled Ivanka Trump's line after Trump won.

Wayfair - Pulled advertising from conservative Laura Ingram's show

PepsiCo - CEO, Indra Nooyi said that people were in mourning after the election.

Google - CEO was a member of the Democratic Victory Task Force. Google news cherry picks liberal links like NY Times, Wash Post, Huff Post, LA Times, etc, and fact checks with the mouthpiece of the left Snoopes. Created $4 million crisis fund to resist Trump's immigration ban.

Best Buy - CEO signed an open letter in support of DACA. Best Buy is also expensive! Sometimes you can find new merchandise on Ebay that is 50% cheaper.

WalMart - The Walmart Foundation and the Walton Family Foundation supported the Clinton Foundation.

Hertz - Attacked NRA members by ending discount programs

United Airlines - Attacked NRA members by ending discount programs

Avis Budget Group - Attacked NRA members by ending discount programs

Enterprise rental cars - Dropped business with NRA.

First National Bank of Omaha - Dropped business with NRA.

MetLife - Attacked NRA members by ending discount programs

REI Mountain Equipment - Dropped business with NRA.

Bank of America - Won't loan money to gun makers.

Symantec - Dropped business with NRA. Anti-virus software is free these days. And unless you're a really stupid computer user, Windows 10 almost doesn't even need anti-virus software.

Nordstrom - Dropped Ivanka Trump's line.

Shoes.com - Dropped Ivanka Trump's line. Now bankrupt!

Bed, Bath & Beyond - Removed Ivanka Trump's products from their website

Neiman Marcus - Removed Ivanka Trump's products from their website

Belk - Removed Ivanka Trump's products from their website

Marshall's - Removed Ivanka Trump signs inside their stores

TJ Maxx - Removed Ivanka Trump signs inside their stores

K-Mart - Stopped selling Trump products.

Sears - Stopped selling Trump products. Thankfully on the verge of going under.

Burlington Coat factory - Removed Ivanka Trump products from their website

Gucci - Donated half a million dollars to a gun control rally

Amazon.com - Jeff Bezos has resisted Trump's Muslim immigration ban, putting our country at risk. Amazon has also banned products that may be deemed offensive to Muslims and LBGTQ people (example: "No Dress for Timmy" book was banned). Amazon is also actively removing films from Amazon Prime without explanation.

Lifeway Foods - CEO Julie Smolyansky trashed President Trump. Trash Julie Smolyansky by boycotting her company.

Audi - Commercial promotes wage gap myth

Camping World - Told fans who agree with Donald Trump to shop elsewhere

Celebrity Cruises - Anti-Trump ad.

Coca Cola - Against Trump's travel ban.

Delta Airlines - Ended business with NRA.

Deisel - Took stand against Trump's wall.

Disney - Left-wing propagandists. Own leftist TV network ABC. Supports race-baiter Jemele Hill.

Dove soap - Ran anti-Trump ad in UK.

Kellogs - Stopped advertising on Breitbart.

HSN -

ShopStyle -

T.J. Maxx -

Levi Strauss - Donates millions to leftist groups.

Time Warner - Owns CNN, bundles CNN with basic cable. May block emails from GunBroker.com.

Marriott Hotels - CEO and co-founder have both voiced opposition to Trump.

84 Lumber - Promoted illegal immigration.

Guggenheim Museum - Disrespected Melania Trump.

Heineken - Supports open borders

Insomniac Games - Against Trump's travel ban.

Marvel - PC / Social justice warrior agenda.

Under Armour - Pulled out of the Trump manufacturing group

Papa Johns - Fired its CEO for criticizing the NFL.

Patagonia clothing - CEO is rabidly anti-Trump.

Penzey's Spices - Called Trump voters "racists"

Simon & Shuster - Dropped Milo's book deal.

Facebook - Closing conservative accounts, run by anti-Trump propagandist(s)

Tumblr - Run by anti-Trump propagandist(s)

Apple - Run by anti-Trump propagandist(s). Facilitates donations to Southern Poverty Law Center, a left-wing organization

Yelp - Run by anti-Trump propagandist(s)

Twitter -Closing conservative accounts, run by anti-Trump propagandist(s)

YouTube - Removing conservative videos, is run by anti-Trump propagandist(s), censorship.

Tinder - Run by anti-Trump propagandist(s)

Reddit - Run by anti-Trump propagandist(s)

Instagram - Run by anti-Trump propagandist(s)

Flickr - CEO is anti-Trump.

Imgr - Staff full of SJW's.

Trulia - CEO is anti-Trump

Meetup - CEO is anti-Trump

Mastercard - Blacklisted Robert Spencer

Gillette - Virtue signaling intersectionality commercial depicting 42 out of 43 white males as having undesirable behavior. 5 of 7 males depicted as showing desirable behavior were black.

Harry's razors - Harry's is no better than Gillette. Harry's gives anti-men morality lectures.

Salesforce - Supported Hillary Clinton campaign

Soundcloud - Took down anti-mass migration podcasts, insanely calling them "hate speech"

Volvo - Pulled advertising from Sean Hannity.

IHOP - Pulled advertising from Tucker Carlson

Samsung - Pulled advertising from Tucker Carlson

Robitussin (Pfizer) - Pulled advertising from Tucker Carlson

SanDisk - Pulled advertising from Tucker Carlson

CareerBuilder - Pulled advertising from Tucker Carlson

Takeda Pharmaceuticals (makers of Entyvio) - Pulled advertising from Tucker Carlson

United Explorer credit card - Pulled advertising from Tucker Carlson

Just For Men - Pulled advertising from Tucker Carlson

Jaguar - Pulled advertising from Tucker Carlson

Land Rover - Pulled advertising from Tucker Carlson

SCOTTeVEST - Pulled advertising from Tucker Carlson

Zenni Optical - Pulled advertising from Tucker Carlson

Voya Financial - Pulled advertising from Tucker Carlson

Bowflex - Pulled advertising from Tucker Carlson

SmileDirectClub - Pulled advertising from Tucker Carlson

NerdWallet - Pulled advertising from Tucker Carlson

Minted - Pulled advertising from Tucker Carlson

Pacific Life insurance - Pulled advertising from Tucker Carlson

Indeed.com - Pulled advertising from Tucker Carlson

Nestle - Pulled advertising from Laura Ingram

Office Depot - Pulled advertising from Laura Ingram

Hulu - Pulled advertising from Laura Ingram

Rachel Ray - Pulled advertising from Laura Ingram

Ruby Tuesday - Pulled advertising from Laura Ingram

Nutrish - Pulled advertising from Laura Ingram

WayFair - Pulled advertising from Laura Ingram

Blue Apron - Pulled advertising from Laura Ingram

Expedia.com - Pulled advertising from Laura Ingram

TripAdvisor - Pulled advertising from Laura Ingram

IBM - Pulled advertising from Laura Ingram

Jenny Craig - Pulled advertising from Laura Ingram

Johnson & Johnson - Pulled advertising from Laura Ingram

Liberty Mutual Insurance - Pulled advertising from Laura Ingram

Miracle-Ear - Pulled advertising from Laura Ingram

Stitch Fix - Pulled advertising from Laura Ingram

Dr. Bronner's soap - Supports ILLEGAL immigration

First National Bank of Omaha - Anti NRA

Gucci - Donated a half million dollars to fight guns.

Meetup.com - Alt-left site that created #Resist meetup groups to resist Trump.

Patagonia - All out anti-Trump resistance company.

Salesforce - Blocked service to customers who sell firearms.

Red Hen Restaurant, Lexington, VA - Bigotted co-owner Stephanie Wilkinson refused to serve Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Even other employees felt "unfomfortable" with Sanders being there. Boycott these bigots.

Safeway? Vons? Albertsons? - Someone brought to our attention this flyer that suggests that these grocery stores might be supporting activists who want to prevent the US from enforcing immigration laws.

Aside from the obvious CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc there are less blatantly leftist networks with leftist agendas:

ESPN - Now taking left-wing political stands instead of just doing sports.

NatGeo - Air propaganda shows with one-sided global warming agendas, virtue signaling shows.

HBO - No longer a movie channel but a democrat party propaganda channel.

Comedy Central - No longer comedy -- Now "Democrat Central"

Information websites that might fool you:

Snopes.com - Self-promoted as a "fact-checking site" is actually a liberal mouth piece.

Politifact - Self-promoted as a "fact-checking site" is actually a liberal mouth piece.

Wikipedia - Run by anti-Trump propagandist(s) pushing global warming hysteria, etc.

Google - Search for "Trump" then click news. Most if not all of the results will be from leftist outlets. Google employees hate Trump. Use ConservativeSearch instead.

YouTube - Run by Google. Controls searches to promote their left-wing agenda. Also demonetizes or limits monetization of conservative videos. Hopefully BitChute catches on.

Yahoo News / Sports - Mouthpiece of the left.

Market Watch - Has anti-Trump bias.
Did you compile this list yourself? It's very impressive although Dick's Sporting Goods should be on it as well, in my opinion.

According to who? Is it not my freedom to express the idea that I believe your ideas are nutty, or do we have to have an official document or government entity involved? I'd love you to expand on this fascinating logic. Go.
The first amendment of the U.S. Constitution and all subsequent case law.

The first amendment of the U.S. Constitution and all subsequent case law.

None of which applies here.

Let's review!

I start a thread that is critical of the Regressive Left, and through the logical and thoughtful application of your powerful critical thinking skills, you determine that I'm a communist.

The world's first communist financial advisor.

Well, I think you've really nailed this one, Sherlock. Your prodigious intellect really sniffed out Da Troof post haste here, you betcha.

:laugh2:

I honestly don't see much difference between what you deem 'regressive left' and Cult45 these days. Neither can seem to mind their own business to save their lives.

Businesses don't have ideologies. They have one goal, and that is to make money. Corporate loyalty is a thing of the past (if it ever even existed) and when we realize we're all expendable then there might be avenues to change the paradigm. The continuing Orwellian monitoring of employees is now commonplace as a giant CYA in an overly litigious, sensitive and politically polarized society.
As I say all the time, the two ends can be comically similar in their behaviors.

But I'm not even going as far as the companies themselves. I'm talking about this relentless drive to control, intimidate and punish communication on a macro scale. Political Correctness, Cancel Culture. This story is merely the latest drop in the hurricane.

I'm seeing this control being exerted more and more, and I'll fight it every step of the way. Freedom of expression is the most liberal of all values, it's our most important right, and this shit sure as hell isn't liberal.

Again, one has never had or rarely ever had freedom of expression in a place of work.
Again, freedom of expression, like most things, exists on a continuum.

Monitoring and enforcing words used in business meetings for "fairness" or "inclusion" is a clear step in the wrong direction, at least for those of us who are serious about maintaining as much freedom of expression as possible.
Wrong.

No freedom of expression is being ‘violated,’ no one is being ‘silenced.’

You’ve attempted to contrive a non-issue into an ‘issue’ – and failed.
I love the way you guys (nutters on both ends) just deny everything. It's all nonsense, it's all fake news, I don't see a thing, no way.

Just one of your many shared behaviors.

Yes. Watch every last fucking word you say, when you say it, where you say it, how you say it, and to whom you say it. After all, this is America.
What would come out if you didn't watch what you say that you believe would get you in trouble?
How in the world would I know that? There's no way for me to know.

AND THAT'S THE POINT.

I love the way you guys (nutters on both ends) just deny everything. It's all nonsense, it's all fake news, I don't see a thing, no way.
Instead of these generic, "everything sucks and everybody sucks, 'cept me" rants, be a little more specific and relevant to the topic. If we want to see you say "both sides suck" we can read 10,000 or so of your prior posts.

Not that you are right or wrong, but he made a point. Respond to it directly. Just an idea.

Instead of these generic, "everything sucks and everybody sucks, 'cept me" rants, be a little more specific and relevant to the topic. Of we want to see you say "both sides suck" we can read 10,000 or so of your prior posts.

He made a point. Respond to it directly.
:laugh:

free-speech-zone-locations-and-times-may-vary-depending-on-6892705.png

~S~

Instead of these generic, "everything sucks and everybody sucks, 'cept me" rants, be a little more specific and relevant to the topic. Of we want to see you say "both sides suck" we can read 10,000 or so of your prior posts.

He made a point. Respond to it directly.
:laugh:
Like I said, just an idea.

Forum List

Back