IT WAS INEVITABLE: Speech control moves from the campus to the workplace

Do you have experience writing code?

No?

Then you're a racist. Not at all surprising for a Commie.

Again, you tell that's a program, not a person. Don't need to be able to write code to tell those are computer generated responses. It's too dumb to even realize it's being insulted.
By that criteria, YOU are a bot.

But then, being intelligent is a non-starter for Communists.

Run along, racist.

It has been BAD ENOUGH that the Regressive Left has enabled the control of freedom of expression on AMERICAN college campuses (of all fucking places on the planet), and it has already spread into the workplace. But now we're looking at having an "artificial intelligence" device that LISTENS TO WORKPLACE CONVERSATIONS to be sure that we are being "inclusive" and "equal".

I am not making this up.

Could a smart device catch implicit bias in the workplace?

“The vision that we have [for this project] is that you would have a device, maybe something like Amazon Alexa, that sits on the table and observes the human team members while they are working on a problem, and supports them in various ways,” says Riedl, an associate professor who studies crowdsourcing, open innovation, and network science. “One of the ways in which we think we can support that team is by ensuring equal inclusion of all team members.”

The fact that this is even AN IDEA shows how far this has gone.

Enjoy. This is what happens we start controlling, intimidating and punishing freedom of expression. IN AMERICA.
Nonsense.

No one is ‘controlling’ anyone’s speech – on the campus or in the workplace.

The only thing inevitable is this sort of demagoguery and dishonesty from the right.

Here's a thought: Maybe actually read the article before going off on your irrelevant tangent against the right.
I think he may be a bot.

He also denies the very existence of PC.

I am not making this up.

It has been BAD ENOUGH that the Regressive Left has enabled the control of freedom of expression on AMERICAN college campuses (of all fucking places on the planet), and it has already spread into the workplace. But now we're looking at having an "artificial intelligence" device that LISTENS TO WORKPLACE CONVERSATIONS to be sure that we are being "inclusive" and "equal".

I am not making this up.

“The vision that we have [for this project] is that you would have a device, maybe something like Amazon Alexa, that sits on the table and observes the human team members while they are working on a problem, and supports them in various ways,” says Riedl, an associate professor who studies crowdsourcing, open innovation, and network science. “One of the ways in which we think we can support that team is by ensuring equal inclusion of all team members.”

Enjoy. This is what happens we start controlling, intimidating and punishing freedom of expression. IN AMERICA.
Nonsense.

The only thing inevitable is this sort of demagoguery and dishonesty from the right.

Here's a thought: Maybe actually read the article before going off on your irrelevant tangent against the right.
I think he may be a bot.

I am not making this up.

I'd still like to know what you feel you are going to miss here?

Are you upset that you might have to actually listen to the female engineers ideas as opposed to just dismissing her by commenting on her skirt?

What are you going to miss the most?

I am not making this up.

Nonsense.

I think he may be a bot.

I am not making this up.

Well then, he sounds like a stone cold blast. :razz: /s

I am not making this up.

Nonsense.

I think he may be a bot.

I am not making this up.

Are you upset that you might have to actually listen to the female engineers ideas as opposed to just dismissing her by commenting on her skirt?

Just so I'm clear: You're framing Mac's argument as he is a blatant misogynist?

I am not making this up.

Nonsense.

I think he may be a bot.

I am not making this up.

Just so I'm clear: You're framing Mac's argument as he is a blatant misogynist?

No, not at all. I'm asking.........I'm not getting an answer though.

Again, freedom of expression concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed – not between or among private persons and private organizations.

According to who? Is it not my freedom to express the idea that I believe your ideas are nutty, or do we have to have an official document or government entity involved? I'd love you to expand on this fascinating logic. Go.

Agree x 1
pknopp​

Heavens!

Your freedom of speech rests on the first Amendment, which takes a negative form - "Congress shall make no law..." curtailing speech. That means, government cannot deprive you of rights, privileges, property or liberty based on the ideas you express.

On the other hand, your employer can fire you in case he finds you to be in constant violation of the corporate speech code, an internet mob can gang up on you or boycott you for your racism, or your customer can cease to do business with you in case she happens to find your comments on her tits offensive. You are still perfectly free to express whatever nutty ideas you have - that is, your freedom of expression is not in any way affected - just your future income or employment might take a hit.

In short, the right to freedom of expression protects you against government. It does not protect you against social opprobrium in case you behave (speak) like a lout or a racist, misogynist asshole. That's why Mac's whining about the oh-so-terribly endangered freedom of expression is ludicrous.

I am not making this up.

That is unbelievable :(

Ah. My stalker is still posting to me and about me. He's been on ignore for a long time.

This is the kind of person he is.

Meh, I'm used to it. No harm, no foul.

Yes, we know you are a pussy who doesn't like getting slapped around.

No?

Again, you tell that's a program, not a person. Don't need to be able to write code to tell those are computer generated responses. It's too dumb to even realize it's being insulted.

It's simple: I find the Republican Party to be just as repulsive as the Democratic Party.

Which is what you do when you are self-righteous... but you are still kind of a bore.

You? "Slapping" someone around? When did that ever happen? You are a walking, talking cyber vagina that menstruates every day of the month. Shall we make a small wager on the election? A "loser leaves the board" type of agreement? Biden is a creepy, corrupt fuck and overall sack of shit, a walking talking gaffe machine...a gift that keeps on giving. The best of the bad Biden behavior has yet to be revealed. You seem so sure that Biden or Sanders will win....I disagree....so, put up or shut the fuck up. On the plus side, you wouldn't be missed here at all because you add nothing of worth. Accept the challenge, Joe Blowhard, the card carrying commie?

That is unbelievable :(

Yeah, very.

The aim: “One of the ways in which we think we can support that team is by ensuring equal inclusion of all team members.”

The conclusion: "This is what happens we start controlling, intimidating and punishing freedom of expression."

Ah. My stalker is still posting to me and about me. He's been on ignore for a long time.

No?

It's simple: I find the Republican Party to be just as repulsive as the Democratic Party.

Which is what you do when you are self-righteous... but you are still kind of a bore.

You? "Slapping" someone around? When did that ever happen? You are a walking, talking cyber vagina that menstruates every day of the month. Shall we make a small wager on the election? A "loser leaves the board" type of agreement? Biden is a creepy, corrupt fuck and overall sack of shit, a walking talking gaffe machine...a gift that keeps on giving. The best of the bad Biden behavior has yet to be revealed. You seem so sure that Biden or Sanders will win....I disagree....so, put up or shut the fuck up. On the plus side, you wouldn't be missed here at all because you add nothing of worth. Accept the challenge, Joe Blowhard, the card carrying commie?

Having a bad day, precious?

No?

Tumbles, leftards like you, Joe Blowhard, etc, etc simply amuse me. You certainly offer no challenge in the way of meaningful dialogue or debate. You are out of your element/comfort zone to even attempt to debate me.

Again, freedom of expression concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed – not between or among private persons and private organizations.

According to who? Is it not my freedom to express the idea that I believe your ideas are nutty, or do we have to have an official document or government entity involved? I'd love you to expand on this fascinating logic. Go.
The first amendment of the U.S. Constitution and all subsequent case law.

None of which applies here.
Applies where?

No?

Tumbles, leftards like you, Joe Blowhard, etc, etc simply amuse me. You certainly offer no challenge in the way of meaningful dialogue or debate. You are out of your element/comfort zone to even attempt to debate me.

And you are fucking clown shoes to me. :auiqs.jpg: You aren't even smart enough to debate an alternative political opinion because it triggers you too hard emotionally, therefore, I'm a 'leftard' to you. Keep sucking on that Orange phallus, buddy. It's all you're good at. You lack critical thinking skills. You are a fucking parody of political discussion (BTW: Thank you for the endless entertainment). You are what is left of partisan flotsam and jetsam. The turd left in the punch bowl, so to speak.

No?

And you are fucking clown shoes to me. :auiqs.jpg: You aren't even smart enough to debate an alternative political opinion because it triggers you too hard emotionally, therefore, I'm a 'leftard' to you. Keep sucking on that Orange phallus, buddy. It's all you're good at. You lack critical thinking skills. You are a fucking parody of political discussion (BTW: Thank you for the endless entertainment). You are what is left of partisan flotsam and jetsam. The turd left in the punch bowl, so to speak.

Punkinpuss, I didn't vote for Trump because I am not a U.S citizen beholding to the corporate entity as a de-facto employee that is USA.INC. that provides the 19 enumerated services per their corporate charter constitution in a for "profit" venture. I opted out of the system and reclaimed my pre 14th amendment status as a state nationalist as it pertains to the state I was born in.......in order to vote, I would have to make a cohesion contract claiming to be a de-facto employee of USA.INC. You are one of the sheeple and you love being sheared......just the fact of the matter.

Yes. Watch every last fucking word you say, when you say it, where you say it, how you say it, and to whom you say it. After all, this is America.
What would come out if you didn't watch what you say that you believe would get you in trouble?
How in the world would I know that? There's no way for me to know.

AND THAT'S THE POINT.
Seriously? You don't know what is considered appropriate or inappropriate conversations or comments for a workplace? We are still discussing implicit bias right? Although I will admit I was thinking in terms of what is lawful under the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

And as an aside, it's not clear, at least not to me if your objection is to an employer seeking to discover if implicit bias exists among any of it's workers or if it's the use of AI to do the determination.

None of you have ever sat at a conference room table for a meeting and one of the attendees pulls out a hand-held recorder, turns it on and places on the table where everyone can see it? An AI device of this nature would simply scan and evaluate the content of the recorded conversation, looking for key words I imagine (I am not an AI developer so I'm just speculating here), the frequency with which they occur, which attendee uttered them, and a bunch of other things that I can not think of at the moment, and then analyze the compiled data and compare it to a set of measures. In other words, the same things we humans do, just faster and possibly more efficiently however there should be standards in place to ensure than there is no bias inadvertently progrmmed into the device's software. If there are not diverse members on the development team to catch and flag things that may not be apparant to the average software developer who have traditionally been white males, this could occur.

Punkinpuss, I didn't vote for Trump because I am not a U.S citizen beholding to the corporate entity as a de-facto employee that is USA.INC. that provides the 19 enumerated services per their corporate charter constitution in a for "profit" venture. I opted out of the system and reclaimed my pre 14th amendment status as a state nationalist as it pertains to the state I was born in.......in order to vote, I would have to make a cohesion contract claiming to be a de-facto employee of USA.INC. You are one of the sheeple and you love being sheared......just the fact of the matter.

Are you one of those 'sovereign citizen' cuckoo birds, then?

None of you have ever sat at a conference room table for a meeting and one of the attendees pulls out a hand-held recorder, turns it on and places on the table where everyone can see it?

If that has actually happened to you (which I don't believe), then you have serious problems in how you select employees. Should that ridiculous scenario play out in one of your meetings, you simply tell them to turn it off or you can kick them out of the meeting room. You are management, thus, you control the meeting. Is that so hard?

The first amendment of the U.S. Constitution and all subsequent case law.

None of which applies here.
Applies where?

Can you not read? What did I say?

Yes. Watch every last fucking word you say, when you say it, where you say it, how you say it, and to whom you say it. After all, this is America.

And anyone who dares to disagree with any of that will immediately labeled a sexist, homophobe, racist, Nazi, and whatever else the PC zealots can come up with.

First we allowed this to happen in our colleges, the last fucking place on the planet we want to control speech and ideas. Now it has, predictably, metastasized to our businesses. The "safe spaces", "trigger warnings" and "micro-aggressions" have officially gone corporate.

What these people refuse to admit is that, when you intimidate and control and manipulate and punish expression, the ideas you end up with -- if you get them at all -- are reduced, damaged, distorted, perverted.

But controlling the conversation is more important to them. Anyone who supports that is not liberal, they're authoritarian.

It's fun to watch Stormy Mac go into hysterics.

Real world. You should always watch what you say. It's common fucking courtesy.

I remember growing up, there was the old adage, never talk about politics or religion. That was back in the 1970s. It's probably older than that.

You are still free to say whatever you want. People will still judge you by what you say and there will be consequences. This is NOT a new thing.

Still waiting for Stormy Mac to let us know what the all important thing he wants to say that he can't say.

Forum List

Back