"It was standard practice, not to pay for things"

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
Qoute from Senator Orin Hatch, regarding the period when the Republcians controlled the WH and the Congress.
Source, The Racheal Maddow show, this evening.

Qoute from Senator Orin Hatch, regarding the period when the Republcians controlled the WH and the Congress.

So the republicans were wrong, and I agree fully that they were wrong, but that makes it Okay that the democrats do it? Is this your point? If not, you need to clarify what your OP is really all about.

And that's why all congressmen and senators with more than one term in must go regardless of how popular they are. Corrupt gits.

So the republicans were wrong, and I agree fully that they were wrong, but that makes it Okay that the democrats do it? Is this your point? If not, you need to clarify what your OP is really all about.

Can you say "HYPOCRISY"?

Can you say "HYPOCRISY"?

No Meister, that was not my point. Yank was spot on (and as usual you hadn't a clue).
All the hyperbole, hypocrisy and propaganda from the right wing was exposed by Sen. Hatch, and now you and the dwiddles and dudettes piss and moan that Obama and the Democratic Congress engage in deficit spending to fix what Bush&Co fucked up.
Oh, and what of the $10 billion a month - off budget - to continue the invasion and occupation of Iraq?

When you provide an accurate quote in context so that we can actually discuss it, perhaps I will care. Until then, i dont care what you try to claim.

Orrin Hatch Hanukkah Song Audio & Video "Eight Days of Hanukkah"
Share: by Jon Azpiri | December 9, 2009 at 04:31 pm

Watch out, Adam Sandler. You have no longer cornered the market on hanukkah songs. Republican Senator Orrin Hatch of Utah has released a new song, "Eight Days of Hanukkah."

How exactly did Orrin Hatch, a devout Mormon, go about writing a song about Hanukkah? Writer Jeffrey Goldberg explains in Tablet Magazine that he met Hatch a decade ago and the two talked about how there are too few songs about Hanukkah, especially ones that don't make reference to David Lee Roth or Bowser from Sha Na Na.

Hatch, who has written several songs for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, got on the case. Nine years after thier first meeting, Hatch called Goldberg and told him he had written a Hanukkah song. Hatch, Goldberg and several musicians of various faiths went on to record "Eight Days of Hanukkah."

Orrin Hatch Hanukkah Song Audio & Video "Eight Days of Hanukkah" | NowPublic News Coverage

He is going to be a superstar like Sarah!

pass a law making them eligible targets with a 'varmint license'. Now I'm picturing Bugs Bunny going "$5 for a RABBIT!?"

Can you say "HYPOCRISY"?

No Meister, that was not my point. Yank was spot on (and as usual you hadn't a clue).
All the hyperbole, hypocrisy and propaganda from the right wing was exposed by Sen. Hatch, and now you and the dwiddles and dudettes piss and moan that Obama and the Democratic Congress engage in deficit spending to fix what Bush&Co fucked up.
Oh, and what of the $10 billion a month - off budget - to continue the invasion and occupation of Iraq?

Sorry, wry...I just can't understand your thought process, and probably never will. But, when you want to make a point on a few selected words from an interview, and have people figure out your game....ya get what ya get. I still stand by my first post on this thread. You and your group of wing nuts always use the ....Boooosh did it excuse.
I complained when the Republicans were spending too much.....with the blessings of the democrats...something you did leave out. I'm complaining now when the democrats are doing the same thing.
That's something you don't have enough integrity to do, by the way.

Just spray most of the down with Preparation H and they would shrivel up and vanish.

Can you say "HYPOCRISY"?

Sorry, wry...I just can't understand your thought process, and probably never will. But, when you want to make a point on a few selected words from an interview, and have people figure out your game....ya get what ya get. I still stand by my first post on this thread. You and your group of wing nuts always use the ....Boooosh did it excuse.
I complained when the Republicans were spending too much.....with the blessings of the democrats...something you did leave out. I'm complaining now when the democrats are doing the same thing.

The issue you dumbtards seem to forget is how the system works.. What got us out of the great depression?? WWII and massive government spending.. So?? Since Booosh left us in a near depression economy.. You are going to bark and complain about some government spending that would actually do us some good..

Ok.. So how bout we kill the Booooosh tax cuts on the rich?? The government needs funding.. How bout you vote out your republican representatives for starting a war of choice?? Failing to pay for it or any other program for that matter..

The issue here is you have nothing to say on the issue.. Ok?? So you disagreed with Boooosh.. So at least have the smarts to understand the issues Obama faces and how they need to be fixed..

And yes.. I do blame Boooooosh and every moron that ever voted for him..

When Republicans start acting like Democrats, we're doomed.

Republicans are just as bad as democrats and usually worse.

I know you are loathe to or even too deep in denial to admit it, but it is the truth.

Both parties are destroying the once greatest nation on earth in tandem.

The repubs are not an iotta better. Both parties pave the road to hell.

Time to kill them both before they fuck.

Yes. It was wrong then, and it is just as wrong now. Hence the accuracy of calling it hypocrisy. Both Meister and VaYank nailed it. But you want to cast aspersions on the Republicans first. Lest we forget the corruption of the Democrat run House Banking Scandal, the S&L Scandal and Keating 5 in the past.

Huh... now I wonder. How many of those senators and congressmen involved in those scandals had more than 6 years in office? Wrong is wrong is wrong is wrong.

Strtange that I only heard this from the left and a few libertarians during the first 6 years of the Bush presidency.

The issue you dumbtards seem to forget is how the system works.. What got us out of the great depression?? WWII and massive government spending.. So?? Since Booosh left us in a near depression economy.. You are going to bark and complain about some government spending that would actually do us some good..

Ok.. So how bout we kill the Booooosh tax cuts on the rich?? The government needs funding.. How bout you vote out your republican representatives for starting a war of choice?? Failing to pay for it or any other program for that matter..

The issue here is you have nothing to say on the issue.. Ok?? So you disagreed with Boooosh.. So at least have the smarts to understand the issues Obama faces and how they need to be fixed..

And yes.. I do blame Boooooosh and every moron that ever voted for him..

Nice rant on your end...I give you a B+.
It really does come down to the size of our debt doesn't it? You did buy into the fearmongering from the left about the "worst recession" since the depression, well it wasn't...it was the worst in 30 years. Thanks to the politicians monetary lending guidlines set into place for the lending institutions. But with our economy there is and always will be recessions....it's a natural event. We are starting to see the sunset of this recession. But, the debt that we are inccuring will last for generations, and we can't keep it up, because that will ruin the economy through a weak dollar, and inflation, because there is no money.
If you want to rant...please feel free, this is a good messageboard for it.

Forum List

Back