It's a False Doctrine That People Go To Heaven Immediately After Death

How do we know? Because after the Resurrection Christ said He had still not ascended to Heaven.

If after the resurrection Christ had still not been to heaven, then clearly either Paradise is a different place than heaven, or Christ lied to the thief. I am not going to seriously consider the argument that the Holy one of Israel is a liar.

seriously?.....do you believe we can do everything Christ did?......what if he didn't go to heaven between the crucifixion and the ascension because he had things to do......like go to hell and free those who had died before his incarnation......bind Satan........have lunch.......convince his apostles that he wasn't still dead......does that mean we have to have a special place to wait until we can go?......

Nowhere does the Bible say that Christ freed those in Hell. He went to free those in Paradise, and proclaimed who He was to those on the other side of the chasm between Hades and Paradise. Eye witness accounts and accounts of those who returned with Him confirm this. The Bible is clear about the distinction between the two areas.

Paradise contained those who served God, but could not enter Heaven because no one had yet paid the penalty for their sins. They had to wait for Christ to complete His work on the cross. The very first thing He did was go and retrieve them. They returned with Him as humans, not just souls. Irenaeus described their bodies as "the heavy terrestrial part being rendered immortal", which is exactly what happened to Christ's body. He resides in that scarred body still.

There is no need for our souls to wait anywhere but Heaven now because the penalty for our sins has already taken place. Paul was correct when He said, "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." So determine where the Lord is now, today. According to the Bible Christ is sitting next to our Father, in Heaven. If you die today as a believer in Christ you will be present with the Lord. Or Paul lied.

Meeting Christ in the air is completely different than returning to earth with Him at His second coming. One is upward, the other is downward. In the first scenario He never touches earth, in the second He does. If we are not appointed to God's wrath, then an action is required to prevent us from being on earth for God's wrath, <referred to as the tribulation.

Those who become believers during the tribulation and are beheaded because of their beliefs do not go to paradise or remain in the grave. They are present with the Lord. John makes it clear that they are in Heaven, and even tells us what they are saying there.

As for Judgments there are 3. Bema, Nations, and White Throne. At the Bema Seat of Christ, the treasures that are stored up in Heaven are presented in Heaven to those who lived for Christ while on the earth and are directly linked to the work that one did for Christ's sake while on earth.

There is no sin to be answered for if you are in Heaven. The sins a believer committed were washed clean by Christ on the cross. If not, then Christ's death was in vain. Why would God judge us AND CHRIST for the same sin???? To the contrary, GOD said: THEIR SINS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE. THEIR SINS ARE AS FAR FROM THEM AS THE EAST IS FROM THE WEST.
Our sins are either dealt with and removed by Christ or God lied, and Christ's work on the cross was a worthless cruel waste of time.
What God would judge you for your sins and an innocent man for your sins also?
Christ looked like us on the cross and we look like Him to our Father. That was the exchange. Anything less would be an abomination by God. By one man [Adam] we acquired sin and by one man [Christ] it was removed. It is Christ's gift to us. It is finished.

Nations will be judged following the tribulation and near destruction of earth, by Christ when He returns (with those in their immortal bodies), to stop the annihilation and set up His Kingdom from the throne of His grandfather, King David.

The White Throne Judgment will take place 1,000 years after His return and will dispatch Satan, Satan's followers and those humans who died feeling Christ's removal of their sins was not necessary for them while they were on earth,< those who reject His gift of propitiation. Their souls are in Hades awaiting trial and will remain their until the earth gives them up for judgment.

And to whomever it was who said they would rather skip the rapture and fight instead, how do you intend to fight starvation and radioactivity? It won't be like the Civil War with musket and honor in hand. So many nuclear bombs will be going off that the force will tilt the earth off it's axis. Take my advice. Accept Christ's gift and live. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
As for Judgments there are 3. Bema, Nations, and White Throne. At the Bema Seat of Christ, the treasures that are stored up in Heaven are presented in Heaven to those who lived for Christ while on the earth and are directly linked to the work that one did for Christ's sake while on earth.

There is no sin to be answered for if you are in Heaven. The sins a believer committed were washed clean by Christ on the cross. If not, then Christ's death was in vain. Why would God judge us AND CHRIST for the same sin???? To the contrary, GOD said: THEIR SINS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE. THEIR SINS ARE AS FAR FROM THEM AS THE EAST IS FROM THE WEST.
Our sins are either dealt with and removed by Christ or God lied, and Christ's work on the cross was a worthless cruel waste of time.
What God would judge you for your sins and an innocent man for your sins also?
Christ looked like us on the cross and we look like Him to our Father. That was the exchange. Anything less would be an abomination by God. By one man [Adam] we acquired sin and by one man [Christ] it was removed. It is Christ's gift to us. It is finished.

Nations will be judged following the tribulation and near destruction of earth, by Christ when He returns (with those in their immortal bodies), to stop the annihilation and set up His Kingdom from the throne of His grandfather, King David.

The White Throne Judgment will take place 1,000 years after His return and will dispatch Satan, Satan's followers and those humans who died feeling Christ's removal of their sins was not necessary for them while they were on earth,< those who reject His gift of propitiation. Their souls are in Hades awaiting trial and will remain their until the earth gives them up for judgment.

And to whomever it was who said they would rather skip the rapture and fight instead, how do you intend to fight starvation and radioactivity? It won't be like the Civil War with musket and honor in hand. So many nuclear bombs will be going off that the force will tilt the earth off it's axis. Take my advice. Accept Christ's gift and live. :eusa_angel:

Nope. There is only ONE Judgement - General, Final or the Last - and there is not going to be any 1000 reign before that. That's a fantasy of the last ~ 200 years without any corroboration form the words of Our Lord Himself.

HE was quite straight on the issue ( and had never ever mentioned 3 Judgements, Millennial Kingdoms and Third Comings) - there is going to be only ONE Judgement of all and everybody with the rising of the dead and EVERYBODY will be Judged, including those which have long have been purified long before and are already in Heaven - their Judgement will be pretty symbolic and after that the ones on the Right will proceed to eternal heaven and the ones on the Left - to eternal damnation.

Those are the words of Our Lord Himself.

No need in fantasizing and distorting them.

Last edited:
WHY NOT BELIEVE GOD'S WORD AND IGNORE SILLY little MAN'S IDEAS???==7for we walk by faith, not by sight-- 8we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord. 2 CORINTHIANS 5:8

It is Biblical, Post. No religious doctrine necessary. Sorry about the length of this post but the explanation requires it.

#1Bema judgment for rewards according to works:

Cor: 3-11 For no one can lay any foundation other than what is being laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 If anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, 13 each builder&#8217;s work will be plainly seen, for the Day will make it clear, because it will be revealed by fire. And the fire will test what kind of work each has done. 14 If what someone has built survives, he will receive a reward. 15 If someone&#8217;s work is burned up, he will suffer loss. He himself will be saved, but only as through fire.....

Buillding requires work. Reward is self explanatory. Note that even with no good works he, himself will still be be saved. Because works and rewards have NOTHING to do with salvation. He, himself, is saved, by the blood of Christ.

Works, reward. Works, reward.

Bema is Greek for judgment seat.
This word was taken from Isthmian games where the contestants would compete for the prize under the careful scrutiny of judges who would make sure that every rule of the contest was obeyed. The victor of a given event who participated according to the rules was led by the judge to the platform called the Bema,to receive their reward. It is what Tim 2:5 refers to, and 1Cor.9:24-25

1 Cor. 9:24-25 Do you not know that all the runners in a stadium compete, but only one receives the prize? So run to win. Each competitor must exercise self-control in everything. They do it to receive a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one.

Works for Christ =crowns and treasures: The 5 crowns we are rewarded are described in the Bible.

1 Tim. 6:18-19 Tell them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, to be generous givers, sharing with others. In this way they will save up a treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the future and so lay hold of what is truly life.
works =rewards.

A believer's sin is gone through Christ, and remembered no more. Believers have NO SIN ON WHICH TO BE JUDGED.
If any believer believes they are still going to be judged or pay for their sins then blot these passages from your Bible because they say just the opposite:

Hebrews 10:14 For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified.

Romans 5:19 For as through the one man&#8217;s disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.

Colossians 2:10 and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority;

Hebrews 8:12 For I will be merciful to their iniquities, And I will remember their sins no more.

Hebrews 10:17-18 And their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more. Now where there is forgiveness of these things, there is no longer any offering for sin.

Isaiah 44:22 I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud, And your sins like a heavy mist. Return to Me, for I have redeemed you.

Psalm 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.

Micah 7:19 He will again have compassion on us; He will tread our iniquities under foot. Yes, Thou wilt cast all their sins Into the depths of the sea.

Isaiah 38:17 Lo, for my own welfare I had great bitterness; It is Thou who hast kept my soul from the pit of nothingness, For Thou hast cast all my sins behind Thy back.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

John 3:18 He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

I don't know how to make it any clearer than the Bible already does.

#2 Nations:

For behold, in those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. And I will enter into judgment with them there, on behalf of my people and my heritage Israel, because they have scattered them among the nations and have divided up my land&#8230; Hasten and come, all you surrounding nations, and gather yourselves there. Bring down your warriors, O LORD. Let the nations stir themselves up and come up to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; for there I will sit to judge all the surrounding nations.

#3: White Throne judgment:

Rev.20:1-5 Then I saw an angel come down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the abyss* and a heavy chain. 2He seized the dragon, the ancient serpent, which is the Devil or Satan,* and tied it up for a thousand years 3and threw it into the abyss, which he locked over it and sealed, so that it could no longer lead the nations astray until the thousand years are completed. After this, it is to be released for a short time.

4Then I saw thrones; those who sat on them were entrusted with judgment. I also saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image nor had accepted its mark on their foreheads or hands. They came to life and they reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were over. <(2 different time frames for the dead coming back to life. )

The beheaded went straight up. They did not wait for the White thrown Judgment, nor does the church< the bride of Christ. They return with Christ to rule and reign for 1,000 years and beyond.
Enoch, Elijah, those in Abraham's bosom, those not appointed to God's wrath, and those martyred during the tribulation all return with Christ, all alive, all in their very own glorified bodies.

Jude 1:14 Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men: "See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone, and to convict all the ungodly of all the ungodly acts they have done in the ungodly way, and of all the harsh words ungodly sinners have spoken against him."

We, men, (and women) believers, are His holy ones, with crowns, to rule with Christ over the ungodly. < those who survived the tribulation.
:)

Last edited:
It is Biblical, Post.
oh, its far more imaginative than that.....I was just curious because even though I have a masters in theology I have never heard anyone make these claims before.....I was worried I had overlooked some denomination somewhere......

It is Biblical, Post.
oh, its far more imaginative than that.....I was just curious because even though I have a masters in theology I have never heard anyone make these claims before.....I was worried I had overlooked some denomination somewhere......

no, you did not. it is imagination of some rapture apologists.

Sorry, Irish, but the quotes you provided do not prove any 3 SEPARATE Judgements at all.
They just statte what will matter for the Final Judgement and prove that you can not be saved by FAITH ONLY. You need WORKS as well.

It is Biblical, Post.

Sorry, Irish, but the quotes you provided do not prove any 3 SEPARATE Judgements at all.
They just statte what will matter for the Final Judgement and prove that you can not be saved by FAITH ONLY. You need WORKS as well.

It was too late for the thief on the cross to work.

It was too late for the thief on the cross to work.

nope, it was not. and that's why he was saved.

It is Biblical, Post.

Apparently you overlooked the Bible.
And for the record, saints returned with Christ, not the sinners. The verse you quoted says nothing about sinners being raised with those in Abraham's bosom. And your studies fall short if you know nothing about Rabbi Finees, Addas and Egias and their eyewitness accounts of the resurrection, or the interrogation of Karinus and Leucius.

Vox, with all due respect and I mean that, I didn't imagine those verses, or pretend that is what the Bible said. I relied on it solely. Salvation has nothing to do with works. The man whose works were burned up, he, himself was saved. If both are required, then that man is not saved and the Bible is wrong. He had no works, and yet somehow he was saved anyway. How?
And when did he and the thief begin their righteous works if both are still dead and waiting for everyone to be raised at the same time? And about that:

Rev.20:4-5 They came to life and they reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were over.

John saw the souls of those dead, and beheaded, right up there in Heaven. When the body dies we, our souls, go straight up. If it wasn't so, then John could not have seen them unless He went peaking into their individual tombs.
Either you are right and we are all raised at the same time, or John is right. But you can't both be right because what you say is the polar opposite of what John says. Explain John's mistake and Paul's and Matthew's......

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
Where is the Lord if not in Heaven? Did Paul say absent from the body is to be in the grave, or with the Lord? Which is it?

Matthew 27:52-53
"and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many."
^ Apparently they didn't get the memo. They rose and walked right out of their graves, alive and singing with their vocal chords.
And how is it that Moses is still in his grave and yet was seen talking to Christ at the same time?

What you are promoting is that Christ's work was incomplete and somehow we must overcome His inadequacies with our own holiness.
Thank God that isn't the case because the best we have to offer is considered filthy compared to Christ's righteousness.
Again, man has no remedy for the removal of sin. And the removal of sin is the prerequisite for entering Heaven.

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;

Eph. 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Grace is not merited favor, it is unmerited favor.
So if you are right, let me follow by example. I am assuming you are an adult and have sinned at some point in your life, so tell me what you have accomplished to solidify your seat at God's table. What works are necessary to gain entrance into heaven? I know of none that qualify except Christ's propitiation. And how much work is necessary? A year's worth? 6 years worth? Are you only saved by grace up until the time you accept Christ's gift and then you are responsible for the rest?

What works have you done to compensate for Christ's inability to save you from His cross? What makes your works clean while mine remains filthy? Boast for me about your works so that I too can compensate for Christ's incomplete salvation and save myself..

Last edited:
It is Biblical, Post.

Do you work in the field of theology or have you continued your studies?
I also have a juris doctorate and practice law.....I continue to learn but am not working on any further degrees.....

And your studies fall short if you know nothing about Rabbi Finees, Addas and Egias and their eyewitness accounts of the resurrection, or the interrogation of Karinus and Leucius.

/grins.....well....no.....so, you're a Gnostic?.....

Last edited:
WHY NOT BELIEVE GOD'S WORD AND IGNORE SILLY little MAN'S IDEAS???==7for we walk by faith, not by sight-- 8we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord. 2 CORINTHIANS 5:8

I agree. we should listen to what God says. Not what you say.:)

DID YOU MISS THIS TRUTH??? I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord. 2 CORINTHIANS 5:8

And your studies fall short if you know nothing about Rabbi Finees, Addas and Egias and their eyewitness accounts of the resurrection, or the interrogation of Karinus and Leucius.

/grins.....well....no.....so, you're a Gnostic?.....

What I am is a firm believer in the word of God. That the Bible is the inspired word of God. And that Christ is the only way to the Father, and that we are to study to show ourselves approved.
So, Am I a Gnostic for knowing the eyewitness accounts of Christ's resurrection, and the interrogation of those who rose with Him, or are you, who studied "Theology"?

And what do you think of the testimony of the Rabbi's who watched the event unfold?

Let's discuss it and see if the result of such knowledge, would be considered gnostic. I know what they sang on their way to the city. Does that make me somehow less of a Bible believing, Christ believing Christian, or does it just make you a little bereft regarding that event.

Irish Ram, the respect is MUTUAL.

I do not think you imagined the verses. The problem is you read too much into them and consider they prove your point of view when in reality they do not.

Where did Our Savior Jesus Christ EVER spoke about anything but ONE Last Judgement and ONE Second coming?

The answer is - nowhere, becasue He is going to come only ONCE more and exactly for the - the Last Judgement.

It is plain, clear and without any symbolism.

NOWHERE does HE mentions any other judgements, catching people in air and all other nonsense which is basically splitting the hair into 4 parts in order to fit the fantasy of rapturers.

One more thing. HIS words are the AXIOM. They are untouchable and can not be considered a mistake, misspoke or "He did not mean that".

He meant exactly what He said - and it is VERY plain and VERY clear.

All other Bible texts are secondary to HIS words - what Apostles said, what Prophets said, what was written in hte Revelation - it is SECONDARY to HIS words.
PERIOD.

So if the words in Revelation or by Daniel or whomever else supposedly contradict the words of Our Lord Jesus Christ - then Revelation or Daniel are wrong ( or more likely - their INTERPRETERS are wrong).

That is it.

And all you and others do is interpreting everything possible and avoiding the direct, clear and simple words of Jesus Christ - and the eschatological scheme according to HIS words is VERY simple - The number of Christians will grow, they will expand and they will be persecuted all along and especially before the End of Times, when numerous different tribulations will occur - and the He will return and raise the dead - all of them - and Judge - all of them and that is going to be The End of the living as we know it.
The saved ones ( on the right) will join Him in Heaven in their changed spiritual bodies and the ones damned( the left) will go to Hell for eternity.

No intermediate comings, intermediate judgements, raptures, catching in the air,Millennial Kingdoms and other nonsense based on Chapter 20 of Revelation only. NONE - according to Jesus Christ Himself.

And that is ALL what matters.

Grace is not merited favor, it is unmerited favor.
So if you are right, let me follow by example. I am assuming you are an adult and have sinned at some point in your life, so tell me what you have accomplished to solidify your seat at God's table. What works are necessary to gain entrance into heaven? I know of none that qualify except Christ's propitiation. And how much work is necessary? A year's worth? 6 years worth? Are you only saved by grace up until the time you accept Christ's gift and then you are responsible for the rest?

What works have you done to compensate for Christ's inability to save you from His cross? What makes your works clean while mine remains filthy? Boast for me about your works so that I too can compensate for Christ's incomplete salvation and save myself..

Really? you don't know that?

so Jesus Christ HIMSELF was wrong when HE explained what works are needed ?

Matthew 25:31-46

English Standard Version (ESV)
The Final Judgment

31 &#8220;When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, &#8216;Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.&#8217; 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, &#8216;Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?&#8217; 40 And the King will answer them, &#8216;Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[a] you did it to me.&#8217;
41 &#8220;Then he will say to those on his left, &#8216;Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.&#8217; 44 Then they also will answer, saying, &#8216;Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?&#8217; 45 Then he will answer them, saying, &#8216;Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.&#8217; 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.&#8221;

41 &#8220;Then he will say to those on his left, &#8216;Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.&#8217; 44 Then they also will answer, saying, &#8216;Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?&#8217; 45 Then he will answer them, saying, &#8216;Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.&#8217; 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.&#8221;

So are you saying that all those DEEDS - and He mentions only WORKS, nothing else - are not required for Salvation when Our Lord HIMSELF states THEY ARE !!!!

That's some pretty bold statement on your part ( and others) :)

Now, I do not consider as you, obviously do, that there can not and should not be a MIXTURE of both Faith and Works. In some cases people might be saved by Faith only - and that is the example of the thief on the cross, although he voiced his Faith to Our Lord - and that was an act of courage and humility ( unlike the other one) and not faith only - as he could have been silent in his thoughts, right? That's a deed, a work - he PROCLAIMED his faith. But this particular example can to some extent be the one for the salvation by faith only - although in no way it means that people can do whatever they want their whole life and at their deathbed just proclaim that they have faith - and be saved.
Because Jesus Christ Himself states ( and later James confirms) that Faith without Works is not enough.

That is pretty sufficient FOR ME. :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back