Zone1 It's A Shame

If you find some need to fight with other people about the Fourth of July or Juneteenth you are not progressing anywhere.

You are the person that has to find something wrong with people celebrating something.
You mentioned it several times in this thread ... So don't even try to pretend you haven't.

As usual, you have ignored what whites have said in opposition to a holiday and you want to jump on me for firing back. All the comments about juneteenth, fathers day and black fathers, you ignored. How about you go to the threads by whites complaining about Juneteenth and say something?

Zone1 - Again, This Is Why I'm Subscribed To This Man On YouTube (Anti-Juneteenth)

As usual, you have ignored what whites have said in opposition to a holiday and you want to jump on me for firing back. All the comments about juneteenth, fathers day and black fathers, you ignored. How about you go to the threads by whites complaining about Juneteenth and say something?

Zone1 - Again, This Is Why I'm Subscribed To This Man On YouTube (Anti-Juneteenth)

Why would I indulge the desire to fight with anyone about celebrating a holiday?
I am just pointing out where are no different than the people you oppose.

Celebrate ... Don't Hate

Why does anyone complain if black people want to celebrate June 19th? I don’t think Jesus was actually born on December 25th but we celebrate
Christmas on that day.

July 4th was about America gaining freedom from British rule.

And you missed the whole point of my post you quoted

I am very well aware the reason for the holiday and have been since about 12yo, when schools still taught fundamentals.

My comment to the OP was about the hate he carries in his heart, that keeps him prisoner to it.

Way too personal for Civil discussion

Last edited by a moderator:
And you missed the whole point of my post you quoted

I am very well aware the reason for the holiday and have been since about 12yo, when schools still taught fundamentals.

My comment to the OP was about the hate he carries in his heart, that keeps him prisoner to it.
And exactly what hate am I supposed to be prisoner to?

Funny how you don't have the same opinion to everybody who stated their dislike for Juneteenth, the references to blacks and fathers day or anything else said by white members here in ANY thread they make denigrating blacks?

Why would I indulge the desire to fight with anyone about celebrating a holiday?
I am just pointing out where are no different than the people you oppose.

Celebrate ... Don't Hate

Except there is a difference. I am reacting to racism. Those who you say I am the same as are practicing and perpetuating racism. There is a major difference and this difference never seems to be recognized among whites on the right. Seems that those who are on that side seem to believe we are just supposed to take what they dish out and smile.

I celebrate Independence day. I do so on June 19th.

said by white members here

and there ya go......

Have you yet to post anything that isn't racist against whites......whether board members or society as a whole?? You refuse to celebrate a holiday for the freedom of our country made up of many 'colors', not just white or black or red, or green.....yet you do celebrate a holiday that is only about the blacks. And ya know, that's ok, but why not celebrate BOTH holidays for their different purposes?

i have no idea of others dislike for Juneteenth, or reasons for doing so. I think it's great you can celebrate a day marking freedom from slavery, but I don't see why other races would even be interested in it as it doesn't pertain to anyone else other than blacks and should be considered a Black holiday...........kinda like Hanuka, Roshashana, etc for Jewish, Boxing Day for Canadians, etc

and there ya go......

Have you yet to post anything that isn't racist against whites......whether board members or society as a whole?? You refuse to celebrate a holiday for the freedom of our country made up of many 'colors', not just white or black or red, or green.....yet you do celebrate a holiday that is only about the blacks. And ya know, that's ok, but why not celebrate BOTH holidays for their different purposes?

i have no idea of others dislike for Juneteenth, or reasons for doing so. I think it's great you can celebrate a day marking freedom from slavery, but I don't see why other races would even be interested in it as it doesn't pertain to anyone else other than blacks and should be considered a Black holiday...........kinda like Hanuka, Roshashana, etc for Jewish, Boxing Day for Canadians, etc
What I said wasn't racist against whites. Just because the word white is in a sentence doesn't make it racist. So how about using the entire comment.

Funny how you don't have the same opinion to everybody who stated their dislike for Juneteenth, the references to blacks and fathers day or anything else said by white members here in ANY thread they make denigrating blacks?
White members here at USMB are not all the members of the white race. If I made reference to all whites as a race, that would be racist. Furthermore, all the right wingers here do is attack blacks and as I am black, I am not going to read this shit and not say anything back about it. So until you can use the same effort in attacking the white racists here as well as not participating in the racism yourself, you have nothing to say to me.

Except there is a difference. I am reacting to racism. Those who you say I am the same as are practicing and perpetuating racism. There is a major difference and this difference never seems to be recognized among whites on the right. Seems that those who are on that side seem to believe we are just supposed to take what they dish out and smile.

I don’t understand the opposition to Juneteenth.

I don’t understand the opposition to Juneteenth.
I think the opposition centers on the idea of
making it a NATIONAL HOLIDAY. It seems to
me that any community has the right to make
its own holidays----but it is unreasonable to
expect THE WORLD TO STAND STILL on a
minority demand----by "world stand still" I am
referring to taking off from school, closing banks
and WHATEVAH---suspending alternate side of the
street parking-------the slippery slope will have the
entire year one big HOLIDAY

I think the opposition centers on the idea of
making it a NATIONAL HOLIDAY. It seems to
me that any community has the right to make
its own holidays----but it is unreasonable to
expect THE WORLD TO STAND STILL on a
minority demand----by "world stand still" I am
referring to taking off from school, closing banks
and WHATEVAH---suspending alternate side of the
street parking-------the slippery slope will have the
entire year one big HOLIDAY

There should be no opposition. The problem with whites like you is that you conflste white for America and don't understand that you're part of a race. Then you talk about things like this after whites have imposed holidays on everybody else since the country was founded.

There should be no opposition. The problem with whites like you is that you conflste white for America and don't understand that you're part of a race. Then you talk about things like this after whites have imposed holidays on everybody else since the country was founded.
silly nonsense

OH----you have a problem with existing holidays?
Can you name the holidays which were cruelly
imposed on you and tell us how you are being prevented from singing "O' Holy Juneteenth"?
My neighbor does a backyard party every CINCO
DE MAYO----but I have never heard---in Spanish --
CLOSE THE BANKS AND I WANT PAID LEAVE

Tell yourself whatever you want for whatever reason you feel the need to.
I am just glad that there are people who are more interested in celebrating than arguing over one holiday or another.

If you have to turn your back on others to avoid the opportunity to embrace the idea of community and unity in joy, fellowship and celebration ...
That's fine, but sooner or later you will find yourself alone in your desires to avoid the inevitable.

Celebrate ... Don't Hate

I never really cared about holidays and still don't for the most part.

But Juneteenth is a stupid name. Why not call it Abolition Day or something that actually states what it is rather than a meaningless nonword.

I never really cared about holidays and still don't for the most part.

But Juneteenth is a stupid name. Why not call it Abolition Day or something that actually states what it is rather than a meaningless nonword.

Actually, depending on where you were, it was called other things. But, apparently it's a contraction of the month June, and the 19th (hence "Juneteenth", and was originally used by the freed slaves). They have called it Emancipation Day as well as a jubilee, but those names never really stuck.

Actually, depending on where you were, it was called other things. But, apparently it's a contraction of the month June, and the 19th (hence "Juneteenth", and was originally used by the freed slaves). They have called it Emancipation Day as well as a jubilee, but those names never really stuck.

Still a stupid name

I don't celebrate July 4. I haven't done so for 36 years. Because that holiday does not represent freedom for me. However, at no time have I felt that the 4th should never be celebrated. The fact that people are mad that a day recognizing the end of slavery is celebrated is pathetic. The excuses have been many, but the one that's most laughable aside from the stupid blacks worshipping slavery nonsense was the attempt to discredit this holiday by the claim that June 19th was not the proper date that slaves were freed.

In 2 weeks we will celebrate the fourth of july. The right wingers here will proudly flout the red white and blue. They all will brag about how this day represents the freedom we live with today.

But there is only one problem:

The Revolutionary War ended on Sept. 3, 1783.
It is a shame that you celebrate Martin Luther King Day, Juneteenth and Kwanzaa but not the birth of the country that provides you with the freedom to troll racial hatred on the Internet.

Forum List

Back