It's easier to condemn homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same reason people have to qualify for permission to legally obtain a firearm even though that's a Constitutional right. Because not everyone qualifies. There are restrictions on rights.

There is no restrictions on fundamental rights unless we put them there. We are not obligated to put them there. The State of Alabama does not need to give you permission to get married. I'm sorry that you think you live in a communist or Muslim country where the State gives you permission for things, but that's not the system we have here in the US.

You can get married without anything from the state. You can get a contract of marriage from the state and not get married. You can not get a contract and not get married but live together a certain time and legally, you are married regardless of the state's feelings.

In order to have a fully-legal civil marriage, you will need to have a contract administered by the state in accordance with the numerous criteria for such a contract. The State is not sanctioning marriage, it is administering a legal civil contract. It doesn't hold marriage, it doesn't hold anything except the legally-required documents it must retain under the law, and has always done under the law.

Where Alabama was issuing and administering marriage licenses, they would instead administrator marriage contracts should that legislation ever pass. If they were actually divorcing themselves from marriage, as you idiotically believe, they wouldn't even administer marriage contracts.

No, they can't do that because it's against the law. They have to record vital statistics. They have to administer contract law. What they DON'T have to do is sanction marriage, and that's what they will not be doing anymore, WHEN the legislation passes next session.

And nowhere in the proposed law does it refer to "domestic partnerships." You're making that up because it's killing you that your state will recognize gay marriages. The bill clearly refers to such couples as "married."

It doesn't have to say it in the bill. The bill has to address the numerous issues regarding what is already established on the books as "marriage" in the state of Alabama. It has to conform to the recent SCOTUS ruling and cannot violate equal protection. It has to stipulate that the change does not effect contract of marriage between individuals or any rights they may have as a couple.
You're fucking deranged. :cuckoo:

It's not in the bill because "domestic partnerships" are a figment of your butthurt imagination. The bill recognizes marriage, not "domestic partnerships," regardless of how delusional you are.

It's not killing me that my state will recognize gay marriages because they won't be recognizing gay marriages in a sanctioning capacity. They are mandated by law to recognize them administratively.
After starting up multiple anti-gay and anti-gay marriage threads, you look awfully silly denying it's killing you.

Your butthurt aside ... cite the law which requires them to administer marriage contracts?

Same reason people have to qualify for permission to legally obtain a firearm even though that's a Constitutional right. Because not everyone qualifies. There are restrictions on rights.

There is no restrictions on fundamental rights unless we put them there. We are not obligated to put them there. The State of Alabama does not need to give you permission to get married. I'm sorry that you think you live in a communist or Muslim country where the State gives you permission for things, but that's not the system we have here in the US.

You can get married without anything from the state. You can get a contract of marriage from the state and not get married. You can not get a contract and not get married but live together a certain time and legally, you are married regardless of the state's feelings.

In order to have a fully-legal civil marriage, you will need to have a contract administered by the state in accordance with the numerous criteria for such a contract. The State is not sanctioning marriage, it is administering a legal civil contract. It doesn't hold marriage, it doesn't hold anything except the legally-required documents it must retain under the law, and has always done under the law.
Virtually very right has some restrictions and every state has restrictions on marriage. Every state provides marriage licenses, which is tantamount to permission, that doesn't make America communist or Muslim.

As far as Alabama holding marriage, you're flaming nuts. No one is saying that but you. You keep stating how they don't hold marriages as though you're refuting someone, but no one is asserting such idiocy. What they will be holding are marriage contracts to observe rhe legality of marriages in your state -- including gay marriages.

It doesn't have to say it in the bill.

And here is this entire discussion in a nutshell.

'It doesn't need to be in the bill, it's there because I say so!' :lmao:

No... It just doesn't have to SAY "domestic partnerships" or "civil union contracts" for that to be what it effectively is. The legislation has to cover the bases for what the bill does. This is why you find "marriage" and "marriage contract" in the text. It has to explain what the contracts do and what they replace. You are childishly taking it to mean the bill is basically a waste of time, ink and paper.

AGAIN.. I have no problem with your misconceptions about the bill. If you want to believe I am wrong and you are right, that's entirely your prerogative. If you don't think the bill changes anything, that's fine too. In fact, I like it being that way. I would much rather have the kooky left laughing this off as something pointless and meaningless, than to have them riled up and angry over some perception of unconstitutionality.

I honestly don't understand why this thread is going on for pages and pages about this. You're okay with it, I'm okay with it, but for some reason, we're still bickering... :dunno:

In a way, don't you think that's a little sad?

Virtually very right has some restrictions and every state has restrictions on marriage. Every state provides marriage licenses, which is tantamount to permission, that doesn't make America communist or Muslim.

But Alabama is NOT going to issue licenses.

As far as Alabama holding marriage, you're flaming nuts. No one is saying that but you. You keep stating how they don't hold marriages as though you're refuting someone, but no one is asserting such idiocy. What they will be holding are marriage contracts to observe rhe legality of marriages in your state -- including gay marriages.

No, they will be holding legal documents in the filing cabinets. What you did with your copy of the document, the state has no idea. You could have rolled it up and used it as a dildo on your gay lover... the state doesn't give a shit. It's not a party to your action. All it did was give you a form to complete and administer a contract, a copy of which it is required by law to keep a record of. You think that requirement, mandated by law, means that Alabama is "sanctioning" a marriage. I think Alabama would be totally oblivious as to whether a marriage actually occurred. I don't even know that it would be constitutional for the state to require notification that a marriage service had been conducted. What you choose to do with your contract once the state administers it, is entirely up to you.

It doesn't have to say it in the bill.

And here is this entire discussion in a nutshell.

'It doesn't need to be in the bill, it's there because I say so!' :lmao:

No... It just doesn't have to SAY "domestic partnerships" or "civil union contracts" for that to be what it effectively is. The legislation has to cover the bases for what the bill does. This is why you find "marriage" and "marriage contract" in the text. It has to explain what the contracts do and what they replace. You are childishly taking it to mean the bill is basically a waste of time, ink and paper.

AGAIN.. I have no problem with your misconceptions about the bill. If you want to believe I am wrong and you are right, that's entirely your prerogative. If you don't think the bill changes anything, that's fine too. In fact, I like it being that way. I would much rather have the kooky left laughing this off as something pointless and meaningless, than to have them riled up and angry over some perception of unconstitutionality.

I honestly don't understand why this thread is going on for pages and pages about this. You're okay with it, I'm okay with it, but for some reason, we're still bickering... :dunno:

In a way, don't you think that's a little sad?

Other than the issuance of a license, what difference would there be in marriages before and after the bill?

Is a license the only difference between a marriage and a civil union or a domestic partnership?

You do realize that there are marriages recognized by the state of Alabama that were not licensed, yes? Are they not actually marriages?

We're arguing because you keep making things up, moving goalposts, and changing your claims. Oh, and doing so without ever actually citing actual evidence.

But Alabama is NOT going to issue licenses.
That remains to be seen. As of now, they still do. That is tantamount to permission which you idiotically described a communism. :cuckoo:

Guess that means you live in a communist state, huh?

No, they will be holding legal documents in the filing cabinets. What you did with your copy of the document, the state has no idea. You could have rolled it up and used it as a dildo on your gay lover... the state doesn't give a shit. It's not a party to your action. All it did was give you a form to complete and administer a contract, a copy of which it is required by law to keep a record of. You think that requirement, mandated by law, means that Alabama is "sanctioning" a marriage. I think Alabama would be totally oblivious as to whether a marriage actually occurred. I don't even know that it would be constitutional for the state to require notification that a marriage service had been conducted. What you choose to do with your contract once the state administers it, is entirely up to you.
Your sick perverted fantasies aside, you are fucking deranged.

Your idiocy that, "Alabama would be totally oblivious as to whether a marriage actually occurred," is perhaps the dumbest comment you've made yet; and you've had some doozies.

You flaming rightard ... the marriage is recognized by the state as a legal marriage, the moment the judge of probate accepts the contract of marriage. How on Earth could the state not know you're married when a requirement for getting married in Alabama includes submitting a contract of marriage for the judge of probate to record???

You really have absolutely no fucking clue what you're talking about. You're completely butthurt over gay marriage bans being ruled unconstitutional and you're saying complete and utter nonsense, totally against reality, to buffer your delusional belief that gay marriages won't be recognized in Alabama.

Last edited:
That is tantamount to permission which you idiotically described a communism.

You're right, it's not communism it's serfdom.

Licensing IS tantamount to permission or sanction, that is why Alabama is passing the law.

If it is a fundamental constitutional right, Alabama does not need to sanction it, license it, authorize it or sanctify it. They can provide functional administration of contracts and documents and record vital statistics without endorsing or condoning marital relationships.

Your idiocy that, "Alabama would be totally oblivious as to whether a marriage actually occurred," is perhaps the dumbest comment you've made yet; and you've had some doozies.

You flaming rightard ... the marriage is recognized by the state as a legal marriage, the moment the judge of probate accepts the contract of marriage. How on Earth could the state not know you're married when a requirement for getting married in Alabama includes submitting a contract of marriage for the judge of probate to record???

You really have absolutely no fucking clue what you're talking about. You're completely butthurt over gay marriage bans being ruled unconstitutional and you're saying complete and utter nonsense, totally against reality, to buffer your delusional belief that gay marriages won't be recognized in Alabama.

Well.. a requirement in Alabama to be a brain surgeon is to graduate high school. Not everyone who graduates high school is a brain surgeon. Alabama doesn't presume they are a brain surgeon because graduating high school is a requirement for being a brain surgeon.

And it seems that you've somehow bestowed upon the State of Alabama the humanistic attribute of contemplation, as if the entire State stops to reflect on why Jim and Joe are obtaining a contractual document and collectively assume that they are getting gay married!

Licensing IS tantamount to permission or sanction, that is why Alabama is passing the law.

If it is a fundamental constitutional right, Alabama does not need to sanction it, license it, authorize it or sanctify it. They can provide functional administration of contracts and documents and record vital statistics without endorsing or condoning marital relationships.

Licensing marriages is serfdom?

Well.. a requirement in Alabama to be a brain surgeon is to graduate high school. Not everyone who graduates high school is a brain surgeon. Alabama doesn't presume they are a brain surgeon because graduating high school is a requirement for being a brain surgeon.

And it seems that you've somehow bestowed upon the State of Alabama the humanistic attribute of contemplation, as if the entire State stops to reflect on why Jim and Joe are obtaining a contractual document and collectively assume that they are getting gay married!

You think there is some question whether a couple is getting married when they submit their marriage contract? WTF?

And is seems that you've somehow bestowed upon the State of Alabama the humanistic attribute of endorsement, as if the entire State stops to reflect on Jim and Joe's potential marriage and collectively decide it is behind the union! ;)

Contemplation. :lol: Yeah, there is a lot of contemplation involved in deciding that a submitted marriage contract means a couple is applying to get married. :cuckoo:

It's not serfdom either. You truly are fucking deranged.

But you are right when you say Alabama doesn’t need to sanction marriage. They could stay out of marriages entirely. They choose not to do that in the law they proposed. They chose to recognize the legality of marriages in their state by recording marriages and holding onto marriage contracts.

Alabama recognizes physicians by their license to practice medicine. High school graduates without such a license are not recognized by Alabama as physicians.

See how this works?

The state of Alabama, if they pass that law, requires couples to submit a marriage contract to a judge of probate; who then records the marriage contract before filing it with the Department of Public Health. If the couple is eligible to be married and the marriage contract is in accordance with the law, the state approves of the marriage and accepts the marriage contract. They recognize those marriages as legally binding marriages under their laws, which will all be the same as before except they will no longer deal with marriage licenses. For couples who don't qualify to be married, the state does not approve of their marriage, rejects their marriage contract, and does not recognize them as being legally married according to Alabama state law.

See how this works?

No, requiring authority to give you permission to exercise your rights is. Pay attention.

Alabama recognizes physicians by their license to practice medicine. High school graduates without such a license are not recognized by Alabama as physicians.

See how this works?

Nope, don't see it. Here is what you said:
How on Earth could the state not know you're married when a requirement for getting married in Alabama includes submitting a contract of marriage for the judge of probate to record?

How on Earth could the state not know you're a brain surgeon when a requirement for being a brain surgeon includes graduating high school? The same answer applies to both... the fact that you have taken a step toward something doesn't mean you've achieved it. The State makes no assumptions for two reasons... 1) They are not a contemplative entity. 2) They're not abject morons.

If the couple is eligible to be married and the marriage contract is in accordance with the law, the state approves of the marriage and accepts the marriage contract.

The State does not have to approve a fundamental constitutional right. The State simply ensures the parameters required for such a contract is met. With a license, they are explicitly giving approval. One is an administrative function, the other is state sanctioning. If you're too stupid to understand this, I am sorry.

No, requiring authority to give you permission to exercise your rights is. Pay attention.

A license, being a method by which authority gives permission to marry......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back