It's Mueller Time!

When correcting his earlier testimony Mueller said. "I want to go back to one thing that was said this morning by Mr. Lieu, who said and I quote, ‘You didn’t charge the President because of the OLC opinion. That is not the correct way to say it. As we say in the report and as I said at the opening, we did not reach a determination as to whether the President committed a crime.

But his findings state "... this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime..."

That certainly sounds like a determination.
You gotta post the whole quote kid:

“while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”

Mueller didn't lie to congress, but you sure as hell just tried to lie to us.

The results are in.

There was no obstruction.
There was no collusion.
There was no Russian interference in the election.

Cannot obstruct if there is not a crime.
Actually that's incorrect.

What are you obstructing if you’re not guilty?
It is true that one can obstruct even when there is ultimately on underlying crime.

Where the lack of an underlying crime IS relevant is when trying to prove the 3rd element of obstruction---corrupt intent.

There can be no corrupt intent in attempting to end a bullshit, wasteful investigation into actions that cannot be characterized as crimes, especially when it is your duty to do so...like the President.

When correcting his earlier testimony Mueller said. "I want to go back to one thing that was said this morning by Mr. Lieu, who said and I quote, ‘You didn’t charge the President because of the OLC opinion. That is not the correct way to say it. As we say in the report and as I said at the opening, we did not reach a determination as to whether the President committed a crime.

But his findings state "... this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime..."

Well....

We did not reach a determination...

We did not reach a conclusion...

We did not conclude...

That kind of sounds like a distinction without difference, no?

We are the borg, you will be assimilated.

Liked how the Dems would narrate a very damning proposal just to get the smear out there and then Mueller would answer no to their statement
The final analysis is Trump did some tangential things that disqualify him from the Boy Scout label but were neither illegal nor conspiratorial nor collusive nor obstructive. If he had then Muller would have prosecuted
Bottom line is democrats and liberals are sore losers living in an emotion laden world but they are shit out of luck.
Republicans were far too complimentary to Mueller regarding his distinguished service . Nunez was too soft on the accusatory Democrat soliliquys that really were not questions although Mueller often answered No to them or would not confirm them.

You gotta post the whole quote kid:

“while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”

Mueller didn't lie to congress, but you sure as hell just tried to lie to us.

With no criminal determination, no exoneration is necessary. In any case it was never within Mueller's authority to exonerate anyone.

This is not going to end well for democrats. Mueller now being questioned on the FISA abuse he did not disclose..

He cannot reveal that info as a current investigation is pending. One the MSM has no wind of, or insider leakers for, yet is ongoing and srs bidnes. ;)
AN INDICTMENT WILL BE HANDED DOWN IN 24 BUSINESS HOURS

Wow...Mueller looked like he aged twenty years in the course of that testimony! What ever happened to the man that Democrats were SURE was going to take down Donald Trump? You know what Mueller reminded me of as I watched that? You know that TV series where pedophiles show up at a house expecting to have sex with a minor only to have a TV crew come out of the next room? THAT is what Mueller looked like! He looked like someone who wanted to be ANYWHERE other than sitting in that hearing room being asked questions about his investigation into Trump! He looked like someone who knew he'd done wrong...and had no excuse for doing what he did!

Cannot obstruct if there is not a crime.
Actually that's incorrect.

What are you obstructing if you’re not guilty?
Justice. The investigation.

BTW, obstructing an investigation can be considered a tacit admission of guilt.
Yes, a fact finder could infer that a defendant taking steps to obstruct an investigation did so because the defendant was guilt -- OF THE UNDERLYING CRIME.

If, however, there is no underlying crime, that is also probative as to whether the defendant, acting to end the investigation, had corrupt intent. It really make the case for LACK of corrupt intent when ending a wasteful investigation into NON-crimes is your job---like the President.

Forum List

Back