"It's not theirs, Its mine"

100% false. You are too fucking ignorant. Scram!

You are lying.
Ex-presidents are the only ones who ever do or can access, sort, and decide what needs to be retained, from old docs.
They have privileges for memoirs, libraries, and because only they know the context of any doc.
There is no one who is above an ex-president in terms of authority over past classified docs.

Ex-presidents have every right in the world to protext and keep any records, classified or not.
What they can not do is to with hold them from FOIA, for which NARA was established.
But that does not mean any personal presidential records, such as privileged communications.
Like between lawyers and Trump, covered by attorney/client privilege, or any that would be covered by executive privilege.
But the Presidential Records act of 1978 does not put a time limit on how long it takes to get sort records for NARA.
Not according to the law. They don't. They remain the property of the US Government.
Withhold FOIA access is why we still haven't seen everything relating to the Kennedy assassination or Iran Contra.
If trump lawyer communications (and it does not sound like there is much) he will get it back and knowledge of it cannot be used in court. Of course if the communication is directing lawyers to take illegal action against the law or to obstruct justice, the would not be privileged.

On that we can agree. He has exactly the same clearance he had. NONE. the President, the person, holds no clearance. The Office of the President does.
But as president, the executor and the power to declassify any document he chooses. Agreed?

Underscore to the public that he refuses to explain himself. If Trump responds to a subpoena by clamming up and taking the 5th, or fighting the subpoena, so be it; but don't not subpoena him because you fear that is what he will do. Keep focus on his failure to explain himself.

So tell me, the President has a classified document from the DoD. he thinks to himself, I'm declassifying this information and tells no one. How does the DoD know to mark up copies of that document, and copies of all document that contain all or part of the information of the original document?

So tell me, the President has a classified document from the DoD. he thinks to himself, I'm declassifying this information and tells no one. How does the DoD know to mark up copies of that document, and copies of all document that contain all or part of the information of the original document?
If the opp is over, it’s no longer classified

If the opp is over, it’s no longer classified
lol. First, DoD classifies a lot more than on going ops. And ops stay classified a long time after they are done. And DoD was an example. There are a lot more agencies and depts that classify materials. Without being notified by the President the he has declassified them, they remain classified.

lol. First, DoD classifies a lot more than on going ops. And ops stay classified a long time after they are done. And DoD was an example. There are a lot more agencies and depts that classify materials. Without being notified by the President the he has declassified them, they remain classified.
Killing bin laden over when he died? Or did it stay classified? Did you know he died? It was reported.

Killing bin laden over when he died? Or did it stay classified? Did you know he died? It was reported.
Yay for you. That's one that was of public interest. Also a great boast. Go ahead, put in a FOIA request for SEAL ops in Afghanistan. There are tons of classified documents. How do the agencies know which the President has decided to declassify?

Forum List

Back