It's OK To Betray The Kurds Because They Didn't Help Us With Normandy

The question is what did he get for betraying one of our allies against ISIS?

What will it cost us in terms of making future alliances?
Why isn’t Trump following up on his promise to punish Turkey?

The question is what did he get for betraying one of our allies against ISIS?

What will it cost us in terms of making future alliances?

After Trump, our allies can no longer trust us
Our foreign policy flips from one side to the other based on which party is in charge.

We have forfeited our position as leader of the free world

And as somebody wrote in a very, very powerful article today, they didn’t help us in the Second World War, they didn’t help us with Normandy, as an example. They mentioned names of different battles. But they’re there to help us with their land. And that’s a different thing. In addition to that we have spent tremendous amounts of money on helping the Kurds in terms of ammunition, in terms of weapons, in terms of money, in terms of pay.”

Trump: It's okay to betray the Kurds because 'they didn't help us with Normandy'

Yeah

Soo....we should start bombing a NATO member?

Wrong question. A NATO-member starts a war. How is this possible against the will of the NATO? Because Trump destroyed it?

Because Turkey is a rogue terrorist nation and should be booted out of NATO, and we should close our base there.

And as somebody wrote in a very, very powerful article today, they didn’t help us in the Second World War, they didn’t help us with Normandy, as an example.
And where were they during the American Revolution? Absent! No help from the Kurds.

Bastards.

And as somebody wrote in a very, very powerful article today, they didn’t help us in the Second World War, they didn’t help us with Normandy, as an example. They mentioned names of different battles. But they’re there to help us with their land. And that’s a different thing. In addition to that we have spent tremendous amounts of money on helping the Kurds in terms of ammunition, in terms of weapons, in terms of money, in terms of pay.”

Trump: It's okay to betray the Kurds because 'they didn't help us with Normandy'

Yeah

The Kurd deal is a shitshow for sure and I'm not too fond of Turkey. But there's one thing of strategic importance that you need to consider: The closest access to nuclear weapons we have in the event of a Russian attack, is based in Turkey. Our airbase there is also necessary if we're going to strike targets in the Middle East, with a any effectiveness.

They were fighting and dying for us just last week. On top of the 13,000 they already lost in the fight against ISIS, that Trump was bragging about he singlehandedly defeated.
The President has the wrong letter next to this name..."R". Otherwise you'd be championing the move.

Whether you agree with the move to pull out of Syria or not (and I do), that does not change the stupidity of Trump's statement about Normandy.

General Mattis new that withdrawing from Syria was a risk to U.S. national security and that is why he resigned.

I guess your ok with 10,000 ISIS fighters who were In prison, who could be running around free in the coming days.

LMAO The Kurds and Turks have been fighting for hundreds of years. If anyone thinks the Kurds need US troops to be safe they are out of their minds.

The Kurds don't need us at all and never have.

I'd be happy to pull every US troop we have in the ME out. We've lost enough blood and treasure over there. Its also cost we tax payers trillions.

Let the death cult duke it out. With any luck they will all kill themselves.

More than works for me.

About 10,000 jailed ISIS fighters are about to be released back onto the battlefield because of this stupid move by Trump. I suppose you don't remember what international terrorist did to the United States on September 11, 2001.

Yeah

The Kurd deal is a shitshow for sure and I'm not too fond of Turkey. But there's one thing of strategic importance that you need to consider: The closest access to nuclear weapons we have in the event of a Russian attack, is based in Turkey. Our airbase there is also necessary if we're going to strike targets in the Middle East, with a any effectiveness.

They were fighting and dying for us just last week. On top of the 13,000 they already lost in the fight against ISIS, that Trump was bragging about he singlehandedly defeated.
The President has the wrong letter next to this name..."R". Otherwise you'd be championing the move.

Whether you agree with the move to pull out of Syria or not (and I do), that does not change the stupidity of Trump's statement about Normandy.

General Mattis new that withdrawing from Syria was a risk to U.S. national security and that is why he resigned.

I guess your ok with 10,000 ISIS fighters who were In prison, who could be running around free in the coming days.

I greatly respect my fellow Marine Gen Mattis...but his answer is almost always full speed ahead, it is just in his nature.

Turkey, Syria and Russia can deal with the ISIS fighters as it is them that will be endangered by them.

Trump did it, so they have to oppose it.
This one is unique

Even Republicans are condemning it

The Republicans always oppose ending our war mongering. I'd say the only unique things about this situation is the left's hypocrisy, but then, there is nothing unique about that either.
The left supported our troops fighting ISIS in Syria while Obama was President.

They also didn’t demand Trump pull them out

There seems to be unilateral opposition to Trumps impulsive decision

I greatly respect my fellow Marine Gen Mattis...but his answer is almost always full speed ahead, it is just in his nature.

Turkey, Syria and Russia can deal with the ISIS fighters as it is them that will be endangered by them.

ISIS fighters that had been detained are at risk of being either let go or escaping now because of Trump's policy. Some might stay in Syria, others will be able to go other places and cause problems including kidnapping and Killing American civilians overseas.

Already in Raqqa Syria, there have been large scale renewed attacks by ISIS cells. They took advantage of the reduced security situation in the city when Kurdish troops went north to defend against the Turkish invasion.

Yeah

Wrong question. A NATO-member starts a war. How is this possible against the will of the NATO? Because Trump destroyed it?

Because Turkey is a rogue terrorist nation and should be booted out of NATO, and we should close our base there.
And Trump gave the president of Turkey just enough rope to hang himself....killing civilians?...the world will come down on him...except the NBA and lebron James of course...

What does the OP want to do?....step in the middle of their conflict?...are you sure you aren't a Bush?....
So if this was the right move all along, why didn’t you dumbasses throw a fit when Trump didn’t do this in year one? Obviously it’s because you suck this orange moron’s dick regardless of what he says or does.
Actually the first time Trump proposed this, General Mattis resigned in disgust
He is part of the military industrial complex....a faction of the swamp....

Yeah

And Trump gave the president of Turkey just enough rope to hang himself....killing civilians?...the world will come down on him...except the NBA and lebron James of course...
Trump himself set this all in motion by removing our troops from that area...after Erdogan told him to

What does the OP want to do?....step in the middle of their conflict?...are you sure you aren't a Bush?....
I take it you like the kind of guy who says they will back someone up, protect them....then throw them to the wolves as soon as there is profit to be had. Sounds like your kind of guy.
Neither did Israel..I know it' is just as stupid as Trump's reasoning.Enjoy!

Yeah

Trump himself set this all in motion by removing our troops from that area...after Erdogan told him to
A couple hundred troops?...remember we had already pulled most of our troops out of Syria...just a handful was left....Trump has given Turkey just enough rope to hang itself....

I take it you like the kind of guy who says they will back someone up, protect them....then throw them to the wolves as soon as there is profit to be had. Sounds like your kind of guy.
Neither did Israel..I know it' is just as stupid as Trump's reasoning.Enjoy!
Trump's reasoning was to keep our men and women safe from another quagmire....another regional conflict with no end...we only had a few hundred troops left in the area...Trump is showing the world the real Turkey by stepping aside and letting them do what tyrants do...kill the innocent....this will backfire on Turkey and I think that is what Trump has wanted for a long time...

Didn't Trump call President Obama the "founder of ISIS" because he withdrew from Iraq too early?
This is different...Turkey a member of NATO views the Syrian Kurd's as terrorists....(which are different than the Iraqi Kurd's)...they are wrong but that is the state of the world right now....Trump knows Turkey will end up with egg on their face...maybe even sanctioned by the UN for their predictable over reach....

one more amazing story from D. Tramp , my questions

Where were the Kurds when Donald Trump was fighting his own war to repel gonorrhea and syphilis in New York during the Vietnam War?

Why Trump did this? putler told him ?´´cos if kurdish forces collapse Iran/Putin will take over entire "Syria "....

"President Trump on Wednesday criticized the Kurds, saying they didn't help the United States during World War II and that they were only fighting for their land in Syria during the battle against ISIS. “The Kurds are fighting for their land,” Trump told reporters at the White House during an event in the Roosevelt Room. “And as somebody wrote in a very, very powerful article today, they didn’t help us in the second World War, they didn’t help us with Normandy as an example. They mentioned names of different battles. But they’re there to help us with their land and that’s a different thing.” Trump did not specify to which article he was referring, but some on Twitter pointed to an article written in TownHall by conservative Kurt Schlichter that included a reference to the Kurds and Normandy. The remarks from Trump at the White House came as Turkey launched an offensive in northern Syria against Kurdish forces that had been allied with the United States in the fight on terror. Trump paved the way for the Turkish offensive when he announced earlier this week, to a GOP furor, that he was withdrawing U.S. forces from that part of Syria. Some of Trump's staunchest Republican allies have ripped the move, calling it a betrayal of a loyal U.S. ally in the Kurds."

Trump defends Syria move: The Kurds 'didn't help us' in Normandy | TheHill
Heavy fighting as Turkey pushes into north Syria

Forum List

Back